[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's a good gaming pc that I can just flat out buy? im
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: gamingpc.jpg (42 KB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
gamingpc.jpg
42 KB, 400x310
what's a good gaming pc that I can just flat out buy? im talking one that can run a game like doom (2016) really well. im too lazy to figure out/look up what gfx card would fit in my pc and a few other things/compatibil;ity
any good pc's I can just buy for around 600-800 preferably?
>>
Well most people are going to shit on you but I'll try to give you honest advice.

I long ago moved onto building my own PCs, but in the past I have had good experience with Dell. I used one of their XPSes for years with no problems, but that was about a decade ago. I bought one for my Mother a couple years ago and was impressed that they didn't gouge the price up. Most of the cost of the PC seemed to go into the parts. Don't go for the Alienware meme though, they are overpriced shit. Check into the XPS line.

These days I think most people use ibuypower.com for prebuilt gaming PCs, but I have no experience with them so can offer no opinion.
>>
go to one of those "build your own PCs!" sites and just pick one that's prebuilt in your price range

ibuypower for example
>>
Just buy this: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dYNrxY
Takes only 2 hours to build and setup for someone new to this. If you can read, you can build a PC. Everything you need to know is in the manuals.
>>
>>340013793
>Well most people are going to shit on you
why? also thnx. i'll check out ibuypower
>>
>>340014029
Because building it yourself gives you higher performance and better build quality for the same price.
>>
>>340014029
If you build it yourself, you actually learn how your computer is put together. Makes changing things and doing maintenance on it very easy.

pcpartpicker makes assembling a PC extremely easy, since you don't have to worry about compatibility as the site itself warns you what parts may or may not work together.
>>
>>340013375
Guys can you recommend me a laptop that will run dark souls 1 for under 400 dollars?
>>
>>340015384
Probably not that game is optimized like shit.
>>
>>340013375
You aren't going to get a decent pre-built gaming pc for that price.
Even if you're doing all the work yourself it would be difficult to get a high performance machine within that price range.
It's really not that hard to assemble a pc.
If you don't want to figure out how to choose the parts yourself go to logicalincrements dot com
>>
>>340013375
>gaming pc

What games dose PC have that are even worth building a PC for exactly?
>>
I've actually started my own business building PCs for people.

So far I've had 1.5 jobs done. .5 because midway through one.
>>
>>340015762
Exclusives, better graphics and framerate and mods.
>>
>>340015762
Western AAA is about it. Otherwise, you'll be fine with a low end build.
>>
OP,

iBuyPower is a solid site for purchasing pre-built gaming PCs.

However, building a PC yourself is really not that difficult. For the most part, things are designed so that they only fit together one way. For instance, you can't accidentally put the CPU somewhere it shouldn't be because it only fits in one place. The RAM only fits in one place. HDDs have cables that only fit in one place. Et cetera.

Probably the most complicated part of building a PC is getting components that are compatible with each other and will fit inside of your case. PCPartPicker figure out compatibility for you, so it's not a problem. You can spec out your ideal machine and spend money where you want and be thrifty where you want. Alternately, just go to the completed builds section and choose a build that someone else has made in your price range.

http://pcpartpicker.com/builds/
>>
>>340015503
fuck how much would i have to spend for a decent laptop?
>>
>>340013375
Don't fall for the pc gaming meme

It's fucking worthless. They dont even have things like Red dead redemption, catherine, nier, vanquish, resonance of fate, folklore, gravity rush, dragons crown, gundam breaker 3 etc
>>
>>340016842
About 800$

500$ minimum (something with a AMD A10), but that wont play modern games too well.
>>
>>340015791
So you take parts people offer you and slap them together? Does this include installing linux on them?
>>
>>340016886
I was just about to comment that but don't forget Bloodborne Demons Souls and Ico/Shadow of the colossus
>>
>>340017164
More or less. Also, mostly windows.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.