[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>PC gaming hasn't killed console gaming despite the fact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98
File: Aqua-Blue-PS-Vita-Front.jpg (264 KB, 1280x619) Image search: [Google]
Aqua-Blue-PS-Vita-Front.jpg
264 KB, 1280x619
>PC gaming hasn't killed console gaming despite the fact that PC gaming can be way more convenient/cheaper since you can do it on your PC that does everything else you use a PC for
>yet somehow smartphones/tablets killed handheld console gaming because smartphones/tablets are convenient in that they allow you to game on a device that has multiple other uses for you
How does that work? Was the PSP/DS audience really so casual that having Angry Birds on their phone killed their desire for a handheld console? Handhelds consoles are cheap, offer a way better gaming experience than smartphones/tablets, and last much longer than a smartphone/tablet does (spending $200 on a Vita that'll last you 5+ years is a much better deal than a $600 iPad people will use for 2-3 years). I don't really think the market for handhelds is dead, they just needed better marketing and more games to appeal to a wider audience this generation.
>>
PC gaming will eventually kill console gaming, we've seen a year on year decline for the last 5 or so years and the pattern is consistent. The reason why handheld gaming was killed so quickly is because how strong, fast and accessible mobile gaming was. It was sold on the basis of value and functionality thus the consumer would naturally have a hard time justifying spending $200 on a standard device that only really did one thing well which was gaming, especially when an alternative with 10 times the power was available, and in theory could do gaming better but never actually did because you can't replace physical buttons.
>>
>>340006689
>yet the ps4 is the fast selling console of all time
PC gamers are deluded drones
>>
>>340006689
Keep telling yourself that valvedrone.

The sales numbers dont lie.
PC sales are abysmal.

Also
>m m muh phones killed handhelds
wrong. The vita killed itself.
>>
>>340005964
the handhelds are comfy , even more than a stupid smarthphone .

That's the reason why I love handhelds.
Is just a matter of taste.
>>
>>340006769
>>340006873

I'm not saying its a good thing but consoles are on the decline, it's an objective fact. When consoles finally die the gaming industry will literally tank and combust. Also, the vita is a commercial failure due to a variety of reasons but it certainly alive and there it is flourishing in and simultaneously gaining more and more support by the day which is partly because of Sony's expansion into Asia and the fact that Vitas installbase is expanding.
>>
>>340006689
> PC gaming will eventually kill console gaming

Sure maybe after the apocalypse or something we'll still have undertale left

Pc ports almost always get poor sales in comparison to the console it came from, I'm sure you know this
>>
>>340006769
>go on craiglist
>see tons of ps4s for $100
>$150 if it have a special case

pretty sure they are just flooding the market
>>
>>340007160
I for one love the vita and am glad it's finally picking up steam and gaining a bigger userbase. Its library just keeps growing

>>340007223
>stolen PS4s are a sign of them flooding the market
>>
>>340005964
Because most normal people don't sit around on the computer all day. They have things to do, obligations, kids, friends, etc. A phone is way more convenient of a tool and if it can double as a computer, even better. Some also do sit on a computer all day at work and have no desire to do so at home too.
>>
>>340006689
The console market will never die. It's been through worse before.
>>
>>340005964
>Was the PSP/DS audience really so casual that having Angry Birds on their phone killed their desire for a handheld console?
Its definitely NOT the PSP/DS audience that bought tablets/smartphones instead of handhelds. It was the same audience that bought the Wii. Do you remember how fast software attach rate dropped for the Wii after its life cycle? The next best thing came along. Casuals are fickle and NOT dedicated to a specific platform.
>>
>>340007172
>Pc ports almost always get poor sales in comparison to the console it came from, I'm sure you know this

Oh trust me, I know that, that's why I'm saying when consoles die the industry will literally take a K.O to the dome piece. Many people don't realize this and are moving in hoards on PC where they end up wilfully downgrading their overall gaming experience and regulating it to things like Mobas or repetitive e-sport shooters.
>>
>>340005964
smartphones/tablets = PC gaming you dumbass
>>
>>340007292
>stolen PS4s
>no PS4 for higher
>all other systems sell for normal prices
lol suure
>>
>>340007442
I only compared them in ONE aspect you dumbass.
>>
Why dont consoles just sell a M+KB peripheral like they do for other shitty stuff. its not like all in one m+kb sets dont exist or even that expensive.

They could easily take PC exclusives as devs look to shill their product to more
>>
>>340007292

Sony's Asia venture which is driving the PS4 and Vita into peoples hands is a really smart move, they are allowing both platforms more growth and simultaneously hitting two birds with one stones by building the installbase in Asia thus providing an incentive for third party to actually localize more games in english which ultimately gives more games to people in the west who already own the platform to buy as well. The vita is a slow burner mark my words, it'll be the like the PS3 where not long it'll be impossible to ignore the amount of games it has. Good times ahead.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160604-204543.png (516 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160604-204543.png
516 KB, 1440x2560
>>340007223
They're $200 minimum on my Craigslist. Most of them cost more because they're bundled with a bunch of games. I'm sure if the prices are low, it's because of rumors of a PS4K.
>>
File: 1464775911379.jpg (17 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1464775911379.jpg
17 KB, 429x399
>>340007442
>smartphones/tablets = PC gaming you dumbass

Oh really anon? Is that true?

>huge installbase
>overpriced hardware
>zero quality control
>constantly pushing for cheaper and lower price margins
>the only games that actually make a profit are microtransactions-ridden f2p garbage
>actual core games sell fuckall when compared to consoles
>market is filled with literal shovelware
>so much shovelware it completely overshadows and submerges good quality software
>hardware manufactures make billions yet refuse to invest in the platform with quality software
>killed tradditional handheld gaming and replaced it with a garbage platform

Kill yourself, PC gaming is the exact same shit as Mobile gaming.
>>
Allow me to summarize PC as a gaming platform in a single paragraph.

Nickel and dime developers and publishers as often as possible with the dignified tradition of steam sales, unironically support hardware manufactures who contribute nothing to the gaming industry, kill the very platforms that do and sustain healthy creative development, entire studios and quality control within their own ecosystems. Actively participate in destroying, downplaying and ignoring the enormous wealth said platforms have given the industry spanning several decades through a proven model of hardware stability and infrastructure. Continuously over-saturate the market with absolute shovelware that effectively reduces the quality of good quality games across every platform. Beg for and simultaneously demonize the practice of contracted games because manufactures who are actually invested in the industry are able to get shit done by funding and developing them. Demonize publishers who cater to console platforms because without them, they literally don't exist. Embody the most cancerous ideology possible and release it's destructive behaviors on the video game industry and consumers at large by brainwashing them and literally building a platform on the basis of being superior to other people through hardware superiority and wearing what is considered petty behavior being console wars as a fucking badge of honor.

Tell me again why PC gaming isn't the most cancerous platform. I'll wait.
>>
>>340006689
>PC gaming will eventually kill console gaming
PC gamers only believe this because they think console gamers think exactly like they do. While they may be right that the mentality about gaming is changing. The console market has been adapting to that change over the years, and its been a success. Seeing as, consoles are selling faster than they did in previous years.

Look at PSN as an example. People are forced to subscribe to PS+ for online on PS4. But Sony still has people who pay for a PS+ sub for PS3/Vita. They buy digital content across 3 platforms. Nintendo hasn't been adapting to the market, and combined with digital distribution and PS+ subs Sony has made more money than the entirety of Nintendo last fiscal quarter.

The only thing that could fuck Sony/Microsoft in the next years is if they start releasing consoles like smartphones/tablets every 2-3 years. At that point, you might as well buy a PC.
>>
File: Rage Pepe.jpg (140 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Rage Pepe.jpg
140 KB, 680x680
>thread turned into platform wars shitposting
>>
>>340008341
You make a good point actually.
>>
>>340005964
PC gaming and console gaming used to be wholly separate, mutually existing entities.

PC had more technical, complex games with a wealth of genres and constantly pushing new boundaries on ever-evolving technology. Quite often in the 80s and 90s, you needed X NEW CARD to even hope to play some brand new game.

Consoles had simpler arcade games. Both home versions of actual arcade games, and a large focus on shorter core experiences, pushing software as far as they could with limited hardware.

As time went on, consoles kept trying to become more like PCs, but their design only ever resulted in dumbed down, sluggish versions of PC games. Right now, there is so few reasons to own consoles of this generation, either because the games are also on other platforms, or the games are all around shit. Now they're at the point where they're not just trying to be dumbed down PCs, they also trying to be television boxes at the same time. A modern console is a shitty swiss army knife that doesn't do anything well anymore.

Consoles are killing themselves. PC is carrying on as usual.

Related, handhelds are declining by pushing gimmicks like stereoscopic 3D and touch screens rather than making interesting games. At best, they're just Monster Hunter boxes right now.
Tablets are not exactly competing against handhelds; they're their own thing (the home of the youtube generation where kids would rather passively watch someone else have fun instead of having fun themselves) and they're only seen as cannibalizing handhelds because handhelds have shit for games.
>>
File: Gamin on PC.png (2 MB, 3684x2440) Image search: [Google]
Gamin on PC.png
2 MB, 3684x2440
This will be the inevitable.
>>
>>340005964
PC gaming isn't accessible to laymen. It's a drawn out process, filled with confusing information, and if you don't do your research, you'll get screwed, guaranteed

This isn't going to happen to you if you know what you're doing, but anyone not already into the hobby won't. We can go to logical increments, or /g/, or anywhere and immerse ourselves in memes until we know what we want. But someone used to consoles is gonna think PCs are like consoles.

They're gonna want a whole system, and either buy a prebuilt and be done with it, or discover that there are like 8 parts you need to buy to make a computer, and all the part names sound exactly the same, and have no idea what to do. And they'll either close that tab and shitpost on /v/, or worse, close that tab and buy a prebuilt after all.

And then shitpost on /v/

PC gaming didn't catch on because you need to know more than "which one has games," and mobile gaming did because kids needed a phone eventually.
>>
>>340008648
>Right now, there is so few reasons to own consoles of this generation, either because the games are also on other platforms, or the games are all around shit
A good example of pretentious and obnoxious PC gamer mentality. "If you don't think exactly as I do, you're automatically wrong and own an inferior dumbed down product, with shit games." No console gamer give a shit that a game is another another platform as long as they get to play it. And a consoles adding media features doesn't degrade the experience at all. If anything, most people buy them as all around media hubs for their living room.

The whole PC gamer mentality on this board is an assumption that console gamers SHOULD think exactly as YOU do. Its based on the most cancerous zealot mentality over something that's supposed to be fun.
>>
>>340008648
But a console is better than 99% of smart TVs or other boxes you hook up to your TV for that purpose.
>>
>>340008648
>PC gaming and console gaming used to be wholly separate, mutually existing entities.

I wish it would've stayed that way but these days all PC users want to do is play console games at max settings. I wuld've preffered if you guys stuck with your microsoft excel simulators but you always want to play console games, never the other way around.
>>
>>340005964
stationary console can't be fully replaced with PC (i.e. it's generally so much less hassle to boot up the game on console)

Handheld consoles, on the other hand, much less wieldy in terms of convenience, compared to phones (also, there's no pricing comparison - you literally are getting thousands of games on your phone FOR FREE, or just half-a-buck on sale)
>>
File: vita-dance.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
vita-dance.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>340005964
I also like Vita.
>>
File: gundam extreme vs force.jpg (999 KB, 1280x921) Image search: [Google]
gundam extreme vs force.jpg
999 KB, 1280x921
>>340010254

>The only "steam" that is doing the picking, is the PC DRM, which is getting all the vita games lately.

The vita just got 10 games announced for it last night also pic related. Have fun finding this on steam you secondary idiot.
>>
>>340005964
>Was the PSP/DS audience really so casual that having Angry Birds on their phone killed their desire for a handheld console?
there was no comparable phone in terms of raw-power and display quality back in the days of PSP/DS.
>>
>>340010419
Don't bother. He doesn't have one.
>>
>>340010285
Muh FREE GAMES is not an argument. A hundred thousand turds does not attract anybody to anything. The average smartphone owner downloads zero new apps per month. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-apps-people-download-per-month-2014-8
>>
>>340011335
>Muh FREE GAMES is not an argument. A hundred thousand turds does not attract anybody to anything.

that's where you are wrong.

>The average smartphone owner downloads zero new apps per month
The average smartphone owner is also using device mostly for just phonecalls/whatsapp, so the representative stats should look like
1. Do you download at least 1 game per month in Appstore/Google Play? (if no - fuck off, if yes - continue answering)
2. Do you own a handheld console?
3. If no - why? (following are the list of reasons)

You will see there both "games are expensive" or "it's underpowered" or "the display is not of good quality" or "i already have one mandatory handheld device (for calls) - can play small games on it and don't need a second one)
>>
Mainly because publishers are deluded and think piracy will kill their company. Deluded is the wrong word. They know it won't hurt them but they also know that people will get their stuff for free and this universally angers the shareholders they report to.

Also they can charge more on console and no one can do anything about it because of console DRM.

Couple these two facts and you'll see that console gaming has much more support for developers than PC gaming thus ensuring that more high budget console games are created than PC or multiplats.

Throw in some disinformation about "the cost of PC gaming" and people's general disinterest and lack of understanding of computers for added effect.
>>
>>340011335
>A hundred thousand turds does not attract anybody to anything.
there are some games that can be good fun (super hexagon/one more line, little inferno, machinarium/botanicula, anomaly korea, puzzle quest, "family feud"/"who wants to be millionaire" type of tv show adaptations etc. ... there are even shooters and TPS/RTS, shiteload of weeb games available for niche audience, i just don't know anything about)

It's statistically impossible to have a larger pool of videogames available on platform, and not find 1 or 2 gems on it.
>>
>>340012208
Almost all of those games you listed are several hampered by the input method. Having a touchscreen only makes gaming pretty annoying, even for casuals.

>>340011860
So only a third of people download any apps per month. Let's be generous and say half of that is games. That'd still not a huge audience.
>>
I went to gamestop to get either a Vita or a new 3DS last week. I was going to get the Vita, but they had zero (0) memory cards in stock, so I got the 3DS.
>>
>>340005964
>PC gaming can be way more convenient/cheaper
No, only if you're not a normie and can build your own
>>
File: 16516915912.png (112 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
16516915912.png
112 KB, 250x242
>>340012610
>Being so retarded you can't put lego together
>>
>>340012484
>That'd still not a huge audience.
exactly, how many people are we talking about? All i see in the link is percentage (and that it's been only US that has been analyzed - don't forget that there are many parts of this world where gamers have significantly lower income, so they'll gladly shift away from $60 games towards a large selection of 100 000 turd mobile games, over which they'll find the one they like most)
>>
>>340012610
If they spend an extra $200-$300 when they buy a laptop like they normally would, they can get one that can handle games at console tier settings.
>>
>>340007223
post me some that are listed at 100 dollars. i will buy all of them and resell them. i run a business and i rarely make 100-150 dollars profit for a single item
>>
>>340012818
PCs won't overtake consoles until they're so easy a retard could build them
>>
>>340006924
handhelds are extremely comfy.

sony needs to try another attempt at a smart phone with buttons for gaming. the last one was released in the contract era so not many could have had access to the damn thing anyway
>>
>>340005964
handhelds are just another device you need to carry with you when you leave the house, if you've already got an iPhone why bother?

>>340006689
PC gaming isn't going to kill anything, Windows marketshare is on the decline to Mac and shitty ARM devices. Intel and AMD are slashing product lines for a reason.
>>
>>340013761
>>340012818
why can't people just pay someone to build one once you buy all the parts? how much can they be fifty bucks? i know two PC stores here, and i am sure they can build one for someone for around fifty
>>
It's not that angry birds killed the handheld, it's that for ~500 you have a communication device, web browser, music player, and game player all rolled into one. It's not just "gaming device". You could be doing anything on it.
>>
>>340006689
Tell me once PC gaming goes mobile and I'll buy into it.
Couldn't live without my 3ds.
>>
>>340010419
>posting the butchered port of Extreme VS.
Step up anon.
>>
>>340014147
It's gotten a lot better with all the content patches they've done
>>
>>340013986
They refuse, and frankly they wouldnt even know what parts to buy. These are normies you're talking about.
>>
>>340014251
but-but you can literally go on a website where they give you good, recommended builds laid out for you to order on amazon
>>
What pc gamers don't usually get is that not everyone cares the same about games. A lot of people aren't really fussed about how a game looks its framerate or if its the "definitive" version. They want it to be playable and consoles give them that in one package.
>>
>>340013901
The next time Sony releases a gaming phone or a portable system they need to support it or else they'll just keep dying but I did like the PSP as well as the xperia play but damn there is a lack of support for it
>>
As long as Japan makes games for consoles I'll keep buying consoles.
>>
>>340014692
Also you can't just give someone a graphics card as a present
>>
>>340014659
Normies refuse to do such things. They want to buy a box and have the thing inside the box and they just plug it in. This is why normies buy consoles.
>>
>>340014659
People are lazy. It's why gaming desktops still exist. They don't care about what's inside.
>>
>>340014692
>A lot of people aren't really fussed about how a game looks its framerate or if its the "definitive" version
I used to be like this until I played DaS1 at 60fps with DSfix. How do they not care for it if they've never tried it? It isn't like trying strange, smelly food for the first time
>>
File: 1464646746916.jpg (99 KB, 703x516) Image search: [Google]
1464646746916.jpg
99 KB, 703x516
Vita has no games. 3DS outsold ps4.
>>
File: 1463714013642.jpg (33 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1463714013642.jpg
33 KB, 400x300
>>340015141

>likening pc users to something strange and smelly
>>
>>340015141

The difference is food is only about $10 a pc is $400+
>>
>>340014854
.... yes you can you tard.
>>
>>340015372
i said it's NOT like trying strange, smelly food; meaning it is quite the opposite, yet people refuse to try it
>>
>>340015208
>3DS outsold ps4.
Not for long
>>
>>340014659
You can also learn to do your own plumbing and electrical and even repair your own car. I'm willing to bet a lot of PC gamers use plumbers and electricians and mechanics even though it's cheaper to fix your own shit.
>>
>>340015208

Man when Dragonquest Builders got announced, I remeber the damage control the following day. It was hilarious but also sad.

Also the PS4 will outsell the 3DS, the 3ds has been on the market longer that's all. The vita has already outsold the wiiU console and the PS4 will outsell the 3DS and the vita will continue getting software while the 3DS dries up, its already dried up in all honesty.
>>
File: Komm Susser Todd.jpg (198 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Komm Susser Todd.jpg
198 KB, 1440x1080
Todd Howard is literally a Japanese man. Think about it. he's short, low test, sounds like a squeaky teenager and can't program his way out of a paper bag. Finally, the mystery is solved.
>>
>>340015772
>even though it's cheaper to fix your own shit
and a lot more difficult than just plugging in parts in their designated spots like legos -- legos
>>
Whenever handhelds die I'll be so much less interested in this hobby. Fuck phones.
>>
>>340016058
>He thinks plumbing is difficult

You basically just shoot and awesome augur into anything and it unclogs. Literally just a sex sim where the augur is your penis and the plumbing is the vagina
>>
>>340005964
Top 10 Vita Exclusive Game List by a Drinkboxfag
In no order:
Guacamelee
Severed
Frobisher Says
Hotline Miami
Hotline Miami 2
Gravity Rush
Tearaway
Soul Sacrifice
Killzone: Mercenary
Divekick
>>
>>340016329
Uhhh but Guacamelee and Hotline are on all kinds of other platforms. Tearaway is on PS4 and so is Gravity Rush
>>
>>340016243
i was mostly talking about the car
>>
>>340016329
Why the fuck would you play Hotline Miami without a mouse?
>>
>>340016391
They were exclusive when they released and they weren't "timed exclusives." Companies just jumped ship when they thought the Vita was failing.
>>
Everyone "needs" a phone, ergo most already have one. No one needs a $800+ computer though, and in most people's minds a "gaming PC" is still incredibly expensive, and assembling one your own time consuming.

I doubt consoles survive the next decade though. The rise of e-sports, even if the games aren't graphically demanding, is going to kill consoles IMO.

Not tomorrow, but likely within the next 5-10 years.
>>
>>340016058
Assembling and disassembling a car to fix what is broken is not that hard once you know what you're doing and how things work. It's fundamentally the same as a PC, just with different parts and you have to get dirtier to do it.
>>
>>340016581
What does that matter if they're not exclusive now though?
>>
>>340013901
>sony
>making another handheld
>ever

good one.
They already said it themselves there wasnt gonna be a successor to the vita.
>>
>>340014078
For approx 30 minutes before the battery dies.
>>
>>340006769
>talking about one console
>While the complete generations is selling like shit.
>>
>>340009598
console tan only happen in pc mind in the future.
>>
>>340017468
What will japan play its vns on then?
>>
>>340017772
>While the complete generations is selling like shit.
The Xbox One also sold faster than the 360 did. I would understand if the sales for PS4 stay stagnant. But every month it sells just as good as previous months.

All your console doomsaying is nonsense.
>>
>>340017772
ps2 gen was the same sonydomination, but this time sony will fuck it up by releasing the neo
>>
File: 1276816742472.gif (35 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1276816742472.gif
35 KB, 1280x1024
>>340015208
>handheld that came out 2 years prior has outsold the PS4.

No shit. And it only took the PS4 the same amount of time to catch up to it.
>>
>>340007348

The console market can and will die. Past experiences does not indicate future performance. Smartphones only became a thing in 2008, and only "went mainstream" just 5 years ago. The current crop of consoles only came out 3 years ago. Of the three main consoles, only the PS4 is selling well and Sony is about to fuck that up by breaking it with the PS4.2.

Everyone has a phone in their pocket now, and the idea of blowing $300 on a console is far less appealing as a result. Phones have enough games to keep people interested, and more importantly don't require a living room setup. They don't even require a TV or consistent power. All game companies have mobile divisions now that see higher returns per investment since a f2p branded mobile game will make more money than a "cinematic" AAA hit.

Time is running out. It's not a question of when consoles will die, but when.
>>
>>340019534
>only the PS4 is selling well
What about Man Who Says Xbone is selling better than 360?
>>
>>340019534

don't forget that every kid has a phone now, and only play mobile games. Consoles are those big heavy things their parents have hooked up in the living room that they occasionally use for netflix'd movies

Let's say you're 10 in 2013, right as the new consoles come out. Your parents have by now (2016) given the 13-year-old you a phone, and that's what you play. Just like all your friends. And none of you care that there's a second PS4 coming out. In five more years you'll be 18 and will probably not give ANY fucks that the PS5 is coming out, because that's for people who were born in the 90s.
>>
File: feels.jpg (120 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
120 KB, 645x773
>>340019920

>kids born in 2003 are 13 now
>>
>>340014692
Then why do xbox and playstation fans fight each other all the time over graphics?
>>
>>340019534
>Everyone has a phone in their pocket now, and the idea of blowing $300 on a console is far less appealing as a result.
You're comparing 2 different markets that appeal to various different kinds of gamers. The people who buy phones to play games aren't the same kinds of people who buy consoles. And the main feature of buying a console is to play games.

Playing games on a console comes first, every other feature is secondary. Playing games on a phone comes secondary, its major function is to communicate, sends texts, browse the internet etc.

Until phone companies extend the life of phones, extend the battery life, and make gaming its major function and all other things secondary It'll continue to be a peon compared to console gaming. Plus, people who make games on phones don't have nearly the push and pull with major publishers and developers.
>>
>>340020274
>You're comparing 2 different markets that appeal to various different kinds of gamers

Kids are less likely than ever to get a handheld when they can just watch their favorite shows and movies on a phone. The fact is that handheld gaming is an aging demographic.
>>
>>340005964

Can the Vita be hacked yet?

I'd get one in a heartbeat if I could play pirated PS1/PSP/Vita games on it.
>>
>Squeenix is porting their old shit to Vita and Phones in Japan
>In the west they only bring over the phone version
>the phone versions sell like shit cause no one in the west is gonna pay more than $2 for a phone game
>Meanwhile Vita owners will glady shill out $20+ for games
>>
File: 410640698.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
410640698.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
>>340020610
>Squeenix is porting their old shit to Vita and Phones in Japan

We also got DQB and Romance Saga vita version. The only thing we're missing in Mana vita version and Setsuna Vita version and the reason they dont port them is because shareholders. If setsuna sells well on PC and PS4, it might justify a vita port
>>
>>340020610
Vita just sucks in the west, anyone that really love their vita just learns japanese.
>>
>>340020745
>he reason they dont port them is because shareholders

They didn't port setsuna because it ran like shit and crashed a lot. It had ps1 tier load times on the vita.
>>
>>340018670
pc
>>
>>340020274

and yet, phone games make more money than most AAA games. COD has peaked, AC peaked, GTA probably peaked, the only games people really care about are Fifa and Madden. Which, at some point, will probably be available on their phones.

who's left? Plenty of people that want games. But they're not the cash machine they used to be.
>>
File: 1464680051798.png (795 KB, 830x770) Image search: [Google]
1464680051798.png
795 KB, 830x770
>PC faggots getting BTFO with rational, well thought out arguments
Beautiful.
>>
>>340021971
I dont even play video games, but as a mature adult with educated opinions, it's clear as day consoles will phase out.
>>
why do people keep trying to convince themselves that the average human bean wants to bother with building a computer or shelling out an astrological amount of money for a prebuilt one

I had to build my best friend's computer for him because he didn't even know what static discharge was or how to ground himself
>>
>>340005964
I'm gonna stop you for a second

You do realize the 3DS sold 58.85 million units worldwide as of 3/31/2016?
>>
>>340022740
yeah, but not by PC
>>
>>340024084

I'm gonna also stop your for a second

The Vita is basically the Dreamcast of this gen, it's only dead in the sense that Sony themselves gave up on making stuff for it
>>
>>340008186
Spot on. Also the elitists recently decided to bully the Vita for some reason. Meanwhile CynicalBrit would defend his smartphone gaming to no end. Its hypocrisy to the core.
>>
>>340005964
Most handheld devs are Japanese ones. They are turning toward mobile since they can make facebook tier games and make insane profits on mobile.
>>
>>340024084
I'm gonna stop you for a second

You do realize the DS sold 150+ million units worldwide as last gen, right?
>>
>>340024173
by your mums loose cunt.
>>
>>340024183
>Sony themselves gave up on making stuff for it

Even if they continued making games for it, it wasnt going to sell, it has freedom wars, soul sacrifice, wipeout, katamari, uncharted, gravity rush, god of war, sly cooper, ratchet, etc.

The first party line up is solid, people just dont want these kind of handheld games, they want funny cute shit on Nintendo.
>>
>>340024084
>You do realize the 3DS sold 58.85 million units worldwide as of 3/31/2016?

>That feel when the 3DS is near the end of it's life
>That feel when 58 million units is pale compared to the DS' 150+ million sales
>That feel when it's even lagging behind in sales compared to the GBA, which sold 81 million in it's first 5 years, and was the worst selling Nintendo handheld at that point
>>
PC gaming is cooking your own food

console gaming is restaurant food
>>
>>340024575

But I want funny cute shit on my Vita

why else would 6 of the 10 games I have physically for it be Neptunia
>>
>>340008341
If my content was forward compatible, I'd buy a lot more from the sony store. I bought persona3FES for ps3, and shit wont run on my ps4. It's aggravating.
>>
>>340024831
I can never get my own food to taste as good as restaraunt food
>>
File: buyers remorse 2.0.jpg (685 KB, 1912x1958) Image search: [Google]
buyers remorse 2.0.jpg
685 KB, 1912x1958
Friendly reminder that I own a Vita (along with literally every single flagship title for the system) and I can 100% confirm that this thing deserves to be selling like shit.
All of these games are of a low quality and it very clearly shows. The devs clearly never put any thought into games on this system, and instead slapped a cute anime girl on the cover and disregarded creating some good gameplay and a memorable OST.
Compared to the 3DS which quite frankly shits on every system as far as JRPG's go having 10/10's such as Bravely Default, Bravely Second, SMT 4 and Stella Glow. 3DS also has dungeon cralwers, roguelikes, MH and TRPG games on absolute lockdown.

Friendly reminder that asshurt Sony posters got so triggered by this yesterday that they embarrassed themselves by threatening to "have a chat with me" in discord but were too ball less to go through with it and never posted the server or posted again in that thread for that matter.

Bottom line is. The Vita is a garbage system and deserves all of the hate and ridicule it gets. Its library of games is laughable consisting of nothing but legit shovelware.
You want handheld greatness? Buy a 3DS and pirate games on it.
>>
>>340024994
I tend to think PC master race is predestination rather than choice. You can be a console pleb and try to be master race but no matter what, you'll fuck it up somehow or you'll still be in the mindset of a pleb when you buy the parts or the like and still end up with a pleb build and pleb parts. You'll still be trying to "save money" or buy the cheapest thing you can find. You'll still have the mindset of a pleb. Or you'll be some rich fag and want it done for him and then buy it prebuilt and get Alienware or some shit of all things which is constantly satirized in the PC gaming crowd.

And I say this as SURPRISE! A console pleb. I don't like milsims or grand strategy. I don't even understand how mustards can like that shit. I like JRPGs and 2D platformers.

Some people are just plebs, some people like 30 fps over 60. They can't be master race, so there's no point in trying. Just buy a PS4 and buy games used.
>>
>>340005964

That's not what happened at all. PC gaming is more convenient and cheaper if you make budget builds, wait several years, don't care about missing games you like, and pirate your games. Phones are cheaper with no gimmicks. Most people get phone upgrades for free and the games they tend to play are already free. Plus parents would buy handhelds for their kids. Now they can just lend them their phone, which they're going to own even if they don't play games because they need phones to function as adults.

Furthermore, hardware convenience is not what killed handhelds. Handhelds were a time limited product. The people who still use handhelds today are gamers, but before smartphones existed, the kind of person who plays Angry Birds didn't have a choice. They couldn't play that kind of game on their phone, so these people were forced to use handhelds for portable gaming. Now that smartphones exist, they don't have to buy dedicated devices if they're only going to spend ten minutes a day in the breakroom on some shitty game. When smartphones were first released, these people abandoned handhelds. That's why even the 3ds has only a fraction of the ds userbase.
>>
>>340025162
>Moero chronicle
>good
You still have much to learn
>>
>>340025162

>remorse
>Disgaea
>Guacamole
>Rayman
>Counting shitty PSX games as Vita games

not even bothering with reading your clearly shit post
>>
>>340025162
Finally somebody comes out and says it. I bought a Vita TV a year ago and haven't had any desire to buy more than two games for it.
>>
File: Adachi.png (209 KB, 554x838) Image search: [Google]
Adachi.png
209 KB, 554x838
>>340025162
>moe chronicles
He can't keep getting away with this!
>>
>>340025343

>Finally someone else with objectively shit taste

fixed that for you
>>
>>340025343
Why did you buy it then? Do you not go through a console's entire library and pick out the games you're going to play before buying it? Do you not have autism?
>>
>>340025162
>No p4g
>no Dungeon Travellers 2
>Disgaea in shit

what
>>
File: hank.jpg (7 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
7 KB, 300x169
>>340025162
>Friendly reminder that asshurt Sony posters got so triggered by this yesterday that they embarrassed themselves by threatening to "have a chat with me" in discord but were too ball less to go through with it and never posted the server or posted again in that thread for that matter.

>mfw I was there
>mfw that was one of the most cringe worthy threads I've ever had the pleasure of being in
>>
File: laughinggirls2k15.gif (3 MB, 328x321) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirls2k15.gif
3 MB, 328x321
>>340025162
>10/10's such as Bravely Default, Bravely Second, SMT 4 and Stella Glow.
>>
why does /v/ have the most stupid opinions
>>
File: huh.jpg (148 KB, 844x273) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
148 KB, 844x273
>>340025162
>>
>>340025985
>muh graphics
>>
File: Buyers remorse.png (1 MB, 1919x704) Image search: [Google]
Buyers remorse.png
1 MB, 1919x704
>>340025630
>>No p4g
Are you fucking blin-
Wait what, why the fuck isn't it on there, I do have it.
Here have my old buyers remorse list which literally contained the entire of the Vita's library back then which also has P4G on it, which is shit by the way.

>>no Dungeon Travellers 2
>Implying I'm going to buy censored garbage

>>340025328
>Rayman
>Good
My fucking sides.
Get some taste in platformers you casual cunt. Rayman is god awful. The music is shit, the platforming is piss easy and I disliked just about everything the game had to offer.

If I want to play a platformer on the Vita, I'll play Dustforce, although I'd prefer to play it on the PC 99% of the time.

>>340025985
Only Sony autists give a shit about graphics. I hate chibi shit personally, but Bravely Default is still in the top 5 JRPG's I've ever played, and I guarantee I'm more well versed on JRPG's than you my friend.
Gameplay =/= OST. Give me those two and I'll think highly of the game, regardless of if the story or graphics are shit.
>>
File: 1453858812032.jpg (69 KB, 446x677) Image search: [Google]
1453858812032.jpg
69 KB, 446x677
>>340026129
>Implying I'm going to buy censored garbage

Gladium, you bought fire emblem Fates and Bravely though
>>
>>340025162
>3DS also has dungeon cralwers, roguelikes
Aside from Etrian Wizardry, what roguelikes and dungeon cralwers are there?
>>
File: 2016-01-01-201707.jpg (759 KB, 960x3808) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01-201707.jpg
759 KB, 960x3808
I love my vita!
>>
>>340006769
See ps4 attach rate.

No ps4 game has reached 360 halo3 level of success.
>>
>>340026386

why are her nipples so high up, this is ruining my immersion
>>
File: 1456814929533.jpg (131 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
1456814929533.jpg
131 KB, 960x544
>>340026129
>which literally contained the entire of the Vita's library back then

Where is soul sacrifice? Freedom Wars and Wipeout then?
>>
>>340026321
Real glad the JPN version has a translation patch on 3ds.
>>
W-was Demon's Gaze good? It was the game that had me considering a Vita but I had to set the idea aside due to financial conerns.
>>
File: foleo scream.png (55 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
foleo scream.png
55 KB, 256x256
>>340026481
>tfw I inadvertently did the opposite and got a US version with the Japanese voices patched in

Still glad I didn't have to suffer through that dub, though. The videos I've seen on Youtube are straight horrifying.
>>
>>340026386
u 2 lewd
>>
>Vita barely above $100 by now
>All of the games left at GameStop besides the mythologically rare physical copies of new releases are at bargain prices
>The most expensive part of owning a Vita is the memory card, and even then you don't need anything bigger than a 16 since the bigger your card gets the more you risk it failing

I'm not seeing a lot of downsides to being a Vita owner these days
>>
File: kotick.jpg (52 KB, 478x415) Image search: [Google]
kotick.jpg
52 KB, 478x415
>It's another /v/ pretends to know anything about business thread
>>
File: 1456864977402.png (763 KB, 962x718) Image search: [Google]
1456864977402.png
763 KB, 962x718
>>340025162
>Hated Miku F, bought Miku F 2nd anyway
>Hated Toukiden, bought Toukiden Kiwami anyway
>Hated Rayman Origins, bought Rayman Legends anyway
>Hated Danganronpa, bought Danganronpa 2 anyway
>Hated Atelier Totori, bought Atelier Meruru anyway

You're not fooling anyone. Just admit you're tsundere for Vita already.
>>
>>340026386
I wanted to do this with my PSP but ended up sticking with some red skull theme

Holy shit it's still available.
http://www.pspthemecentral.com/PSP/download/PSP-custom-themes/DeathGhost_Red.aspx
>>
>>340008341
This guy gets it.
>>
File: lol.jpg (57 KB, 560x598) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
57 KB, 560x598
>>340026129
It still astound me how someone could be triggered so hard by a console. A console that continued to get games and fans. Did someone from vitagen legit bash you in real life or something? LMAO
>>
File: 12435345345345.png (101 KB, 465x421) Image search: [Google]
12435345345345.png
101 KB, 465x421
>>340026321
True, I bought BD, but I pirated Bravely Second (despite enjoying it immensely) Uncensored version and I pirated both Fire Emblem games.

>>340026365
SPMD for roguelikes, and the Etrian Oddsey games alone are the best Dungeon Crawler games period, so there's no need for anything else.
I've got Demon Gaze on the vita and it's shit. Moe Chronicles is okay.

>>340026448
>Where is soul sacrifice?
>>340025162

>Freedom Wars and Wipeout then?
I didn't fall for the Freedom Wars meme because it looks like trash, and racing games just aren't my thing so I avoided Wipeout.

>>340026640
Nope, I was just trying them out to see if they improved in any way :^)
I hate my Vita!
>>
>>340026617
Its exclusives are being whittled away as they get ported to PC. It lost Stranger of Sword City and next it's going to lose Ray Gigant
>>
>>340026129
What didn't you like about p4g and daganronpa? I enjoyed them, personally. You're free to have your opinion, but I'd love to see why you think that way.

Also, DT2 is probably the only kind of censorship I'd accept, as its incredibly minor, (4 CGs), and brought it out of the AO catagory. But I can respect your opinion not to buy it,
>>
File: NOTHER SCORCHER.jpg (7 KB, 235x251) Image search: [Google]
NOTHER SCORCHER.jpg
7 KB, 235x251
>>340026758
>SPMD
>Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon(?)
>Pokemon

ehhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
File: 1464185105129.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1464185105129.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>340026732
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/0wi-KYFbvt4kcLJVZOd8CA/

He's part of the IRC
>>
>>340026836
>It lost Stranger of Sword City
That is literally a PC game that got ported to vita
>>
>>340026836
It's also gaining exclusives while keeping the ones worth a damn so what's the problem
>SoSC is a vita exclusive
Pcucks are really this underaged
>>
>>340026903
Holy shit.

Why dose a console mentally damage them so badly though? What compels them to be perpetually angry? The vita wasnt a commercial success but dam this is some hardcore shitposting.
>>
File: Punk point.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
Punk point.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>340026836

>people keep using "muh exclusives" as an argument against handhelds
>the only way a PC could be as mobile as a handheld is if you had an absurdly expensive laptop, and hauling around a laptop and a mouse/controller to plug into it is nowhere near as convenient
>>
>>340026843
he 100% likes danganrompa. He used to avatarfag as the characters years ago and praise the game non stop.
this guy >>340026640 is probably right
no way would somebody keep buying sequels if they hated the system, he's just tsun tsun for it.
>>
>>340026836
Look I know that PC users are all fat retards but handhelds have their own benefits.
>>
>>340026915
Wasn't available translated though so it didn't exist
>>
>>340027056
>He leaves his house

Why? Are you a normie?
>>
>>340027225
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>340027063
I have watched him post and I'm pretty sure its trip fag gladium tonitra, almost 100% positive. He posts in battlestations regularly but I haven't saved his pic
>>
File: 1402968583265.jpg (32 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
1402968583265.jpg
32 KB, 600x399
Here's a better question

>3DS is absurdly popular despite a limited selection of games, rampant censorship, massive price hikes, inferior technical support, inferior user inferface, and last-last-gen support for game saves that is tied to a cloud service which doesn't act as a cloud service and instead forces you to physically transfer your saves, also extends to your downloaded games.

>The PS Vita flops in America

WHY
H
Y

WHY

WHAT POSSIBLE BAD THING DID THE VITA DO? HUNDREDS OF GAMES, TONS OF SALES, CLOUD SUPPORT. BUT THE 3DS SWEEPS IT AWAY?
>>
>>340027385
Normies don't like weeb games like we do.

Do you really think grandma is going to buy Timmy "Too kee daai kun"?
>>
>>340027385

The Vita doesn't have Pokemans
>>
>>340027385
I feel like this is a false flag but
It doesn't have the Nintendo name attached to it, nor does it have piracy, which is why everyone bought a PSP.

But I love my vita and still am looking forward to many releases on it, and have an extensive backlog between the 3ds and vita.
>>
>>340027385
Terrible marketing
>>
>>340027385
People are still eating up Nintendo's rehashes. There is a sizable amount of people that will buy a Nintendo product NO MATTER HOW BAD IT IS.
>>
>>340027385
Nintendo has far more brand real estate in the handheld market with a few solid IP's in their pocket. Also people didnt want console-like gaming on the go.

Sony's expansion in Asia right now is helping the vita grow though and get more games localized for us to play, the Vita is turning out to be a slow burner and it will continue getting games where as the 3DS will die at some point.
>>
File: psphack.png (348 KB, 1874x2298) Image search: [Google]
psphack.png
348 KB, 1874x2298
>>340027558
>nor does it have piracy, which is why everyone bought a PSP
I confess that's why I bought one. But I'll be damned if I'm not still playing my PSP at least for a few hours every week, almost 5 years later.

I wonder how irrelevant my guide has become.
>>
>>340027660
I bet there's still some people still hacking PSPs now
>>
>>340027660

Yo, is there a simple to install homebrew where I can turn off the PSP digitally without using the switch because mine doesn't work properly sometimes.
>>
File: 15353553534536.jpg (66 KB, 386x571) Image search: [Google]
15353553534536.jpg
66 KB, 386x571
>>340026843
>Persona 4
Story did nothing for me, all of the characters are 1 dimensional and the combat is utter shit. I made it up to Kanji's gay abode before dropping that shit immediately.
Now while I didn't finish it, my sister did on her Vita and guess what? She said it was mediocre as fuck too.

Danganronpa was okay but I can already tell the series is going to go to shit. That ending in DR2 is hilariously bad and they just can't let Junko go, she's going to be the Ganon of the series.

>>340026903
I hate to burst your bubble, but the only IRC I'm a part of is the STG IRC, since I'm literally the best in the West.

>>340027282
Nope, I've never posted with a trip, or a name for that matter, and I never will.

>>340027385
The 3DS has a monopoly on all of the best IP's. The Vita has hundreds of shovelware.

My 3DS is nearly 5 years old now and I still play it more than my shita which is....somewhere around covered in dust.
>>
>>340027385
I didn't buy a Vita because of the SD cards. I just stick to my old DS and PSP since I still have plenty of games to beat on them.
>>
>>340027790
>The 3DS has a monopoly on all of the best IP's. The Vita has hundreds of shovelware.
How ironic
>>
>>340027558
>I feel like this is a false flag but

100% serious.
>>
>>340027790
Too bad Nintendo censors all its games now and the wiiU wont be getting any more. Its such a travesty the vita outlived the wiiU and has better games than it
>>
>>340027385
The 3DS is probably one of the worst selling nintendo handhelds though. The thing is that parents who buy their children a handheld will most likely buy a 3DS since they grew up on nintendo handhelds themself.
>>
>>340028083
>The 3DS is probably one of the worst selling nintendo handhelds though.
It is the worst selling unless GBC doesn't count as a GB.
>>
>>340028083
I can't wait for nintendo to die out after the NX fails miserably. After all the bullshit they put us through last generation I'll enjoy watching them fall back into being a third party.
>>
>>340027385

Nintendo is more popular than sony, that's really all there is to it. Neptunia can't be more popular than mario. Ys can't be more popular than pokemon. It's not about having a better product. However, being less popular isn't a death sentence. You just use a different strategy to make money. Instead of maximizing units sold and reaching wider audiences, you find a niche. That's why sony still supports the vita even though everyone is convinced it's a failure. Believe it or not, they make money off these things.
>>
PC didn't kill consoles because consoles appeal to casuals.

Phone games killed console/handheld gaming because they appeal to casuals.

Do you understand now? Serious gamers are the minority. Most people are casual scrubs.
>>
>>340013986
I've made entire gaming PC for my friend for free. He just bought the parts I had told him to buy. Then I put 'em all together.
>>
Mobile gaming is the future.

Android gaming is alot like console gaming

>FTP with optional transactions = online subscription

Oh wait, mobile gaming is nothing like console.

You also have the options for word processing, programming, browsing, music making, and accessories, emulation.

You can buy a otg hub and connect it to your TV and add controllers to play emulators or watch Netflix.

The only thing missing is flash support for Android.

When mobile devices get more ram and become more affordable for decent specifications, the market will boom for developers.
Shit even India has smartphones everywhere.
>>
File: 14345345363464456.jpg (50 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
14345345363464456.jpg
50 KB, 700x700
>>340028052
>Too bad Nintendo censors all its games now and the wiiU wont be getting any more. Its such a travesty the vita outlived the wiiU and has better games than it

Good thing I don't own a Wii U...or any home console for that matter. I legit have not owned a console since the PS2 and Gamecube days.

PC is where I do the vast majority of my gaming because unlike most of you, I fucking love indie games. They're some of the few people who make good 2D games, since I'm not into 3D shit.
Witcher? Elder Scrolls? Fallout? Darksouls/Bloodborne? Ubisoft shit? Dragon Age?
None of them do shit for me.

For everything else I use handhelds with 3DS providing the vast majority of fun with the Vita trailing behind.
Seriously I have two Vita 1000's with nothing to buy for them because I actually like my games to have more substance than having a cute girl slapped on the cover.
>>
>>340027628

This first statement is actually horribly incorrect. Nobody wants handhelds, period. Smartphones have completely replaced the portable market and the games fit it more. If you own a 3ds or vita, look at your library. None of your games are f2p shit like angry birds or clash of clans. These are complete games with a lot of effort put into them. So why are they on handheld? Because handhelds aren't handhelds anymore, they're lite consoles.

Believe it or not, console development IS expensive. There will always be lower budget developers. Why do you think there are so many indies on pc? Handhelds serve the same niche. The vita being a console on the go was the smartest thing sony did. They probably didn't intend it as such, but by making the vita a low budget ps4, tons of smaller developers have been able to make good games that help them profit. Were they forced to develop on ps4, these developers may not have been as successful.

There might not be a 3ds successor because nintendo is working with dena on mobile, but there will most certainly be a vita 2. Not because consumers or sony want it, but because developers need it.
>>
>>340028448
>since I'm not into 3D shit.
Well at least you don't have completely shit taste, still I don't know why you hate the vita so much. Sounds like it be your shtick.
>>
File: 1464892645402.jpg (73 KB, 400x590) Image search: [Google]
1464892645402.jpg
73 KB, 400x590
>>340028382
>>FTP with optional transactions
Please no, microtransactions are the absolute worst thing to happen to video games as a whole and I will never accept gaming as a hobby if they become commonplace
>>
>>340028448
>Good thing I don't own a Wii U

It's right next to you, have a good look gladi
>>
>>340028541
>There might not be a 3ds successor because nintendo is working with dena on mobile, but there will most certainly be a vita 2. Not because consumers or sony want it, but because developers need it.

This is the most retarded shit I've ever read.
>>
>>340028601
The first world is full of microtransactions. It's just a way for people to continue making games.

Ff11 is coming to android
>>
>>340028448
So this pretty much proves that both the nintendo and PC fanbase are the most autistic shitposting groups
>>
>>340027385
Came out first and was cheaper, just like the ps4/Wii.
>>
>>340028810
It's also a way to completely destroy perfectly viable games by ruining the pacing/progression to make you spend more money

Microtransactions are the worst thing to happen to video games period
>>
>>340028757

It's not at all though. Nintendo's core dramatically shrunk as casual users migrated to mobile. They can try to continue their blue ocean on 3ds, but it doesn't work anymore because people simply stopped caring. Blue ocean is great if you're hot shit, but nobody feels forced to come to nintendo anymore. Kids these days don't care about pokemon or zelda, they care about mobile trash. Unless there's something else to attract these users, nintendo can't expect their core to buy their hardware. That's why nintendo is abandoning hardware and moving in to mobile.

Most handheld games aren't handheld games. Ffs, most of them are even on consoles too. You know that handhelds are console lite and that doesn't work to nintendo's advantage at all since nobody develops for their consoles except them.
>>
File: 124353453455354.jpg (70 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
124353453455354.jpg
70 KB, 810x780
>>340028541
Stop pretending that the Shita is doing Sony any favors what so ever. They're making nothing from it. If it was even remotely successful they wouldn't have gave it a 10 second reel in the past 3 E3's and then proceed to not mention it at all.
Shita is doing shit for them. Period.

>>340028738
Whatever calms your autism, anon.

>>340028875
Loving every laugh.
I own a PC, a Sony handheld and a Nintendo handheld, but somehow just because I call the Vita out on being a piece of shit I'm Nintendo/PC.
Sure, I'll take that. I'd find it an insult to be labeled as the muslims of the gaming world (Sony autists)
>>
>>340029174

>e3
>what is japan and southeast asia

Here's your (you)
>>
File: 1462968424277.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
1462968424277.png
461 KB, 870x722
>>340029174
Yes you're autistically writing paragraphs and spamming threads in favor of PC/nintendo as shown here >>340026903
But you're probably just desperate for attention anyway so here's your acknowledgement
>>
>>340029315
>>340029240
Just report and ignore you fucktards.
>>
>>340029356
but im lonely and he's giving me replies
>>
File: 124353454353453534534.jpg (160 KB, 744x967) Image search: [Google]
124353454353453534534.jpg
160 KB, 744x967
>>340029240
>what is japan and southeast asia
What about them? The Vita gets ignored in TGS every year too, and Vita gen always shits the bed saying "W-w-w-well maybe next year they'll dedicate more time to the Vita".

Vita is bombing worldwide. It's strongest sales are in Japan, but that's not saying much when those sales are still god awful.

>>340029315
None of those images are mine though you autist. Do you believe everything people on an anonymous imageboard tell you?
I haven't posted a single thing about any of the home consoles, because non of them interest me in the slightest.
My posts regarding Sony are all specifically aimed at how god awful the Vita is, as seen here >>340026732 and guess what, calling a shit handheld like the Vita out on being shit doesn't suddenly make you a fanboy.

Jesus christ, I bet you honestly believe all the shit you hear on this site. I wouldn't be surprised if you thought I was sitting in my basement surrounded by Mario posters or something with a shrine dedicated to Iwata lmao.
>>
>>340027385
>necessary memory cards that are proprietary and overpriced
>library is nothing but weeb games and ripoffs of other, better games
>more expensive of the handhelds
>not a Nintendo handheld
BUT IT'S NOT FAIIIIIIIRRR
>>
>>340029583

>vita ignored at tgs

Fucking lmao, you're actually retarded. Every year at tgs, sony alone showcases 40-50 game announcements on vita and ps4. Then there's all the developer announcements and booths. Protip: most of them are on vita. Neck yourself shitposter.
>>
File: 2016-06-05-031832.jpg (83 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-05-031832.jpg
83 KB, 960x544
Don't make fun of my VN machine :(
>>
>>340029583
>Vita is bombing worldwide
Japan sales last week were 17,247
For comparison the WiiU had 7,501

Nobody was calling you a fanboy, but they're sure calling you (and by extension the rest of the pc fanbase) autistic for this
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/0wi-KYFbvt4kcLJVZOd8CA/
>>
>>340029174
>I'll take that. I'd find it an insult to be labeled as the muslims of the gaming world

Funny that, muslims are invading your country right now lmao. nice of you to bring that up though
>>
File: muhdik.jpg (77 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
muhdik.jpg
77 KB, 960x544
Amagami + Photo Kano + Reco Love makes the vita library better than any other platform.
>>
Is there anything like a /v/'s best vita games list?
I just recently got one and in every list I always see the same 5 games, /v/ probably know some other games
>>
>>340030027
If you bought a vita without knowing what games you wanted then you made a terrible mistake.
>>
>>340030027
http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1465054329529.jpg
>>
File: 143534546456456.jpg (23 KB, 359x364) Image search: [Google]
143534546456456.jpg
23 KB, 359x364
>>340029793
>Shitter shattered Sony lover gets triggered because he can't handle that TGS has neglected the Vita for 3 years in a row.
PS4 gets the spotlight in TGS. Any game that is PS4/Vita would have the definitive edition be on the PS4 anyway. There's literally no reason to own a Shita.

>>340029908
Wew lad, you posted two failures.

The 3DS and PS4 are the only relevant consoles.

Vita and Wii U are well known to be flopping hard.

>Mfw this desperate damage control from Shita lovers is why I come back to these threads every single time.
Doesn't get much better than this. The buyers remorse in here is truly potent.
>>
>>340030091
I know some, I bought after it had more than 5 games I wanted, what I want is to discover some I had no idea it existed

>>340030169
thanks anon
>>
>>340030169
When Xandu comes and YS is released I will cream my pants.
>>
File: 2016-04-28-141707.jpg (64 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-28-141707.jpg
64 KB, 960x544
>>
File: bomberman.jpg (13 KB, 246x164) Image search: [Google]
bomberman.jpg
13 KB, 246x164
>>340030182
>tfw you fell for the vita meme
There's really no going back, huh? At least I bought it second hand.
>>
File: 2016-04-27-015328.jpg (72 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-27-015328.jpg
72 KB, 960x544
>>
File: 1464469112562.png (214 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464469112562.png
214 KB, 1000x1000
>>340030169
>mfw I just remeber God Eater is coming and Exist Archive was announced.

Fuck yes
>>
>>340030390
It sucks NA vita owners got the shaft when it comes to God Eater, but i'll probably just import a physical EU copy of 2 and give my resurrection code away in vitagen
>>
>>340030182
Familia the 3ds is only selling ~20k a week per region for comparison. If that isn't a bomb then you've contradicted yourself
I know you're desperate for replies but research your facts before you have to backpedal
>>
>>340030182
Didn't TGS pull an E3 and give the Vita a quick 30 second game reel last year?
>>
File: 2015-08-16-181448.jpg (152 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-16-181448.jpg
152 KB, 960x544
Would have played it more on the vita if it were not 18 fucking gigs. Oh lord, still good memories.
>>
>>340030169

is there something like this but for the PS4?

that /v/'s recommended games wiki is horribly out of date
>>
>>340030452
>yfw I'm in EU but I have a NA psn account so we're kinda in the same boat

Whats the deal with the GE release here, I'm still confused about it.
>>
>>340005964
mobile gaming is based on free games with microtransactions, handhelds are mostly full priced games.

guess which system kids sill prefer, the one with tons of free games or the one with better games that he can only get a few once in a while?

also kids dont have attention spans, my nephew loves all my games but even them je constantly keeps switching tovother games and generally wants to just fuck around trying out any game he can get.

we just bougĥ him an ipod cause he wants to fill it with games
>>
File: 1452710118583.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
1452710118583.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>EOPs
>>
>>340030563
Basically if you wait and buy a physical copy of God Eater in EU you get a free digital copy of Resurrection.
This applies on both PS4 and vita.
The NA release has a physical release of GE2 with a free copy of resurrection for PS4.
But both GE games for NA vita are digital only.
So you're fucked and have to spend 60 USD either way if you want both games in NA.
>>
File: 2016-04-07-141952.jpg (111 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07-141952.jpg
111 KB, 960x544
>>
File: 1465096638569.jpg (3 MB, 1493x2453) Image search: [Google]
1465096638569.jpg
3 MB, 1493x2453
>>340030475
>is there something like this but for the PS4?
it's missing some games though especially smaller titles
>>
>>340030658
>Basically if you wait and buy a physical copy of God Eater
God Eater 2*
Resurrection won't have a physical copy at all on any platforms
>>
File: lmao.jpg (79 KB, 701x511) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
79 KB, 701x511
>>340030458
>Selling 55 thousand more per week
>Vita is literally only selling 3k more than the Wii U each week
Even in its best region (Japan) The 3DS is still shitting on the Vita weekly.

Why do people feel the need to lie when there is information readily available to blow you the fuck out with ease?

>>340030563
>>340030658
>>340030737
God Eater is coming to the PC anyway so the Vita release is irrelevant, especially since it's confirmed to be riddled with frame rate issues on the Vita.
>>
>>340030658
>Basically if you wait and buy a physical copy of God Eater in EU you get a free digital copy of Resurrection.

That code would be region locked, right? If it is then I am still fucked and have to pay $60 USD either way, right??
>>
File: 2016-03-27-131344.jpg (106 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-27-131344.jpg
106 KB, 960x544
>>340030596
Even japs have console wars, but only eop think the vita is not worth owning.
>>
>>340030843
Yes

>>340030803
Fuck off no one cares
>>
>>340030706

>Dissidia

Why haven't I seen this before
>>
>>340030857
It's arcade only right now and there's no foreseeable release for consoles anywhere in the near future.
Maybe 2017 or 2018.
>>
File: 1464119895619.png (171 KB, 374x347) Image search: [Google]
1464119895619.png
171 KB, 374x347
>>340030856
I think I might just buy GE physically here, sell the code online and use the money to buy res digitally. What do you think?
>>
File: 2016-05-26-162208.jpg (106 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-26-162208.jpg
106 KB, 960x544
Got wrecked the first time.
>>
File: 1429792583323.png (121 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1429792583323.png
121 KB, 300x300
>>340030803
But you said it was bombing everywhere, when it is clearly not bombing in japan
I'm sorry if your autistic rage is clouding your vision but you need to review your posts
>>
Why bother arguing over which is better when both the 3DS and Vita are garbage in comparison to their predecessors?

If the Vita memory cards weren't expensive as fuck and the handheld was modded it'd be better than the 3DS, but only slightly so.
>>
>>340030169
This reminded me that VCII can now be downloaded directly from the vita, I don't even know if they announced something, but you can, not sure about the other ps3 transfers tho
>>
>>340030967
Not a bad idea.
Note that the release of 2 isn't until like late August I think?
>>
File: 2016-02-20-142556.jpg (145 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-20-142556.jpg
145 KB, 960x544
>>
>>340031052
Yeah its getting a late release. Hell a crap load of games are coming out later this year for both PS4 and Vita. I really need to spend as less amount of money as I can these following months to save up man
>>
>>340031028
It's already better than the 3ds as-is, objectively
>>
File: 1243534543535435345.jpg (73 KB, 318x364) Image search: [Google]
1243534543535435345.jpg
73 KB, 318x364
>>340030845
Vita isn't worth owning though, even if you can speak Japanese.
>PC has better VN's that actually have full on porn scenes since they're not targetted towards toddlers who can only deal with having a few panty shots.
>PC VN's have far better writing too and don't look like a blurry mess like the pics you are posting.
>PC has AA2 which I could just load up and replicate pretty much everything you're posting now, except better in every way.

Just how hard do you think you can kid yourself?

>>340030994
It is bombing though. Sorry if simple numbers are triggering you, please feel free to head back to your safe space, courtesy of the GAF.
>>
>>340031162
Unless you're talking about the hardware, this is factually wrong, even if you're a huge weeaboo and only play weeaboo games
>>
>>340031171
>20k is fine but 17k means it's bombing because I said so
Again, your tears are building up
>>
>Owned a vita 2 years ago
>Sold it because it was shit
Nintendo always wins when it comes to handhelds.
>>
File: Me holding all my vita games.jpg (58 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Me holding all my vita games.jpg
58 KB, 960x544
>>
>>340031267
It's factually right, the 3ds only had
>censored shit
>nintendo shit
>shallow shit
>literally no other games
Wheras the vita has plenty to offer, even if you're an EOP. I can forgive your inferior opinion if you're just a secondary.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.