[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes these series so appealing to fanfic authors?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
What makes these series so appealing to fanfic authors?
>>
they're popular
>>
>Pokemon
One of the most popular franchises in the world. Easy to self insert into and write an adventure including your favorite pokemon
>Kingdom Hearts
One of the most popular franchises in the world. A game based around traveling to different worlds of movies and video games, opens endless doors to crossover stories
>ffvii
One of the most popular games in the most popular franchises in the world. Can roll over into Kingdom Hearts teritory
>sonic
One of the most popular franchises in the world. other than that I don't know much about it
>zelda
One of the most popular franchises in the world. This I'm not really sure what stories you can right because it's mostly zelda getting in trouble and link getting her out

All of these have one thing in common...
>>
>>340000018
Yeah, video games!
>>
>>339998985
Lore
>>
>>339998985
>Pokemon
Autism + childhood nostalgia

>Kingdom Hearts
Childhood nostalgia + anime

>FF7
Literally anime

>Sonic
Pure Autism

>Zelda
Childhood nostalgia
>>
>people say Sonic is the most autistic fanbase
>Pokemon and KH have more than double the fanfics each
>>
>>340000335
Pokemon and KH don't have people like pic related.
>>
>>340000335
Since when is the amount of fanfiction published about a piece of media the ONLY deciding factor of how autistic a fan base is.
>>
pokemon, autistic dogfuckers like furries and kids who think it's cool
kingdom hearts, autistic dogfuckers like furries and kids who think it's cool
Final fantasy, autistic dogfuckers like furries and kids who think it's cool
Sonic, autistic dogfuckers like furries and kids who think it's cool
Zelda, autistic dogfuckers like furries and kids who think it's cool
>>
>>339998985

Coming of age stories are popular and Pokemon, KH, and Zelda strongly represent that.
>>
Autism rankings
Sonic>Pokemon>Kingdom hearts>FF>Zelda
>>
a popular childhood franchise and the worlds they each have provide an ample playground for people with no skill to worldbuild to just plop whatever in and have fun writing.
>>
children
>>
>ff.net
>not ao3

Get with the times, anon.
>>
File: 1462733830538.gif (613 KB, 384x212) Image search: [Google]
1462733830538.gif
613 KB, 384x212
>Pokemon
Blank slate universe. Similar to a lot of young adult fiction, it features some semblance of societal structure, but offers enough liberties to grant people agency to craft their own identity(e.g. what kind of Pokemon trainer you are, what kind of pokemon you want, career focus, etc.). Also a ridiculously popular media franchise.
>Kingdom Hearts
Yaoibait, also deviantArt bait-heavy, and finally also forms a convenient umbrella for Disney crossovers
>Final Fantasy VII
Watershed weeb game, came about just as the mainstream Internet was leaving its primordial stage
>Sonic the Hedgehog
Come on, fampai, you don't need to ask and nobody needs to answer
>Legend of Zelda
Enormous female fanbase
>>
I get FFVII, KH and LoZ fanfiction, but why Sonic and Pokemon?
>>
>>339998985
>fucking huge franchise
>gay shit
>a fucking huge frachise with a lot of options for gay shit
>furries
>women love it
>>
>>340000428
Oh god, it gets worse the more I look.
>>
>>340001167
furries
>>
I wish the other fandoms got more attention. Halo and mass effect stories are very entertaining with the world building and character development.
>>
>>340000283
>Autism for Pokemon and Sonic
>but not KH
>>
>>340000428
Yeah, instead they have Diaperchu.
>>
I don't get why KH is called yaoi bait when most of the main characters have serious female love interests and that relationship in emphasized multiple times throughout the series.

Is it because of that one time when sora cried in front of riku?
>>
>>340001598
The Organization being full of violent brooding prettyboys.
>>
>>340001598
You answered your own question, really.

Also, Roxas being Sora's other half and also being buddy buddy pal with Axel. So much yaoi bait.
>>
>>340001167
>Sonic
Fujobait
>Pokemon
Blank MC
>>
>>340001598
It doesn't need to make sense to fujoshits, they'll even pair up characters that have wives.
>>
>>340001370
I remember I got off to a fanfiction about the arbiter jacking off master chief next to a tree like 4 times but the guy never finished it
Looking back I was really fucked up 7 years ago
>>
>>339998985
Why can't a single person write about fucking a Gardevoir without spilling over into their garbage attempt at plot?

Is it so much to ask?
>>
>>340001928
I.... That was the complete opposite of what I was going for. Thanks for the audible wtf of the day.
>>
>>340002186
I know what you meant I just needed it get it off my chest
>>
Autism
>>
>>340002056
Yeah it is
>>
>>339998985
2 are furry fuel
2 are two of the same, except one has disney
I've never seen zelda fanfics.
>>
>>339998985
You should see the amount of naruto fanfics.
>>
>7 has more fan fic than Sonic

What the fuck?
>>
>>340002401
What is this, a confessional?
>introduced to the wonderful world of fanfiction in ninth grade by a friend who printed out naruto fanfics and let us read them in class
>all really cheesy sakura/sasuke shit but we all ate them up because we were teenage girls
>we all began to write a massive crossover together ocs included in a composition notebook

Those were the days.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.