[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how's the new Hitman? Is it anything like Blood Money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13
File: hitman.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hitman.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
So, how's the new Hitman? Is it anything like Blood Money or is it Absolution 2? Is the intro pack worth it? Are the DLC's good?
>>
always online trash
>>
>>339884680
>So, how's the new Hitman?
It's pretty damn good.

>Is it anything like Blood Money or is it Absolution 2?
Definitely far more like Blood Money than Absolution, but I wouldn't say it's Blood Money 2, it lacks some systems from Blood Money and has its own systems that Blood Money doesn't have. The good design from Blood Money is there, though.

>Is the intro pack worth it?
Without a doubt. The three levels are easily worth 15 bucks if you're a Hitman fan.

>Are the DLC's good?
Sapienza is godlike
Marrakesh is alright
>>
>>339884680
Quality has been declining for each release. Square Enix will polish the first parts of a game just to sell it, and outsource rest of the production to shitty companies.
>>
>>339885457
Not true, Sapienza is easily the best level of them.
>>
>>339884680
The story takes a back seat to the game play. There is a developing story taking place, but it is currently contained to end mission cutscenes and background information. Listening to characters carefully will reveal little details but it's not mandatory for progression.

The levels are large and intricate, with many different ways to approach an assassination. The three main levels so far are distinct. The cool, clean chateau of Paris. The sunny, cobblestone streets of coastal Italy and just recently, the bustling and cluttered bazaars of morocco.
The aesthetic is clean and the lighting is well considered. The lighting may be the strongest visual element of this game. Of all the hitman games, this game also boasts the highest number of npcs on screen at any one time (however if you pay too close attention you will notice the usual clone crowds that so many games give you).

I find the music forgettable. I miss Jesper Kyds iconic orchestral and choral compositions.
The script is decent, but the line delivery is no good at all. And the budget limitations imposed upon casting are very obvious. No matter where you are, Paris, Sapienza or Marrakech, everyone speaks with a north American accent. It's immersion breaking.
Lastly, the developers seemed like they were afraid of alienating casual players. There are many allowances given to the player to assist their mission. Hitman vision allows you to see through walls and identify your target. Opportunities to get close to the target are highlighted on screen once they are revealed, and you are given step by step instructions on how to complete these opportunities. You can also get a list of all available opportunities in the pause menu, and while all you are given is a cryptic image and title, you can make a reasoned guess as to what the level will allow. This removes the sense of discovery that makes hitman memorable.
Of course, you can turn these things off if you so choose.
>>
>>339885457

Episode 2 was expected to not be on par with Sapienza. For christ sake Io-Interactive released Episode 2's trailer back in October of last year.
>>
>>339886494
>Lastly, the developers seemed like they were afraid of alienating casual players. There are many allowances given to the player to assist their mission. Hitman vision allows you to see through walls and identify your target. Opportunities to get close to the target are highlighted on screen once they are revealed, and you are given step by step instructions on how to complete these opportunities. You can also get a list of all available opportunities in the pause menu, and while all you are given is a cryptic image and title, you can make a reasoned guess as to what the level will allow. This removes the sense of discovery that makes hitman memorable.
You can and absolutely should turn all of this shit off at the very least for your first playthrough in each level. Instincts, Minimap and Opportunities must all be completely turned off.
>>
>>339886494
I would honestly wait for a retail release which is due early 2017.
As well as releasing a new mission each month, IO are also making updates and bug fixes for previous missions. It's best to wait until the full release, when all patching is complete and you have a more polished product.

I am really enjoying the new game, but it's not a 10/10 by any means. There are lots of little quirks that drag the game down.
However, like another poster has said, the Sapienza mission can show how fucking good this game can be when it focuses on atmosphere and aesthetics.
I'm hopeful for the upcoming Thailand, USA and Japan missions.
>>
>>339884680
Fuck this game looks like trash and runs like trash a shame because it plays so well
>>
>>339884680
It has Denuvo, so I will never buy it.

>B-B-B-But denuvo is completely harmless
Without the source code I don't trust them. Also, people reported that denuvo damage their SSDs and Denuvo was like "we dindn't do nothing".

If you buy a Denuvo game and your SSD gets destroyed, you know how many fucks Denuvo gives.
>>
>>339886895
Yes, absolutely agreed.
But a part of me is annoyed just knowing it's there. Not sure why.
>>
Marrakesh was pretty average at best but I didn't expect anything more. I could tell from the trailers alone that it wasn't gonna be much fun just based on uncomfyness. I'm guessing we're getting some footage on Thailand at E3.
>>
>>339887043
It looks decent. Not amazing, but definitely not trash.
>>
It's the sequel to Blood Money I've wanted for a decade
Having lots of fun with it but it definitely feels like I'm playing an Early Access game
>>
>>339884680

Some random guy on reddit gave the full game to me for free and I still think it wasn't worth the price
>>
>>339887043
Works on my machineā„¢
>>
File: night.jpg (350 KB, 1200x651) Image search: [Google]
night.jpg
350 KB, 1200x651
>>339887139
I hope Thailand takes place at night, we need a night level
>>
>>339885457
Look how much I can shitpost!
>>
Does blood money hold up today? It's cheap on steam.
>>
>>339891182
Yeah, Contracts does too. Play Contracts and then Blood Money.
>>
Is there any secret/Easter egg outfit in Marrakesh like Magician in Paris and Plague doctor in Sapienza?
>>
>>339887043

Have you played since the most recent patch?

It did wonders for performance for me.
>>
>>339891331
It seems to be the fortune teller outfit
>>
>>339891436
Is that the one beggar in bazaar wears?
>>
>>339891551
yeah
>>
File: emma14.jpg (50 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
emma14.jpg
50 KB, 640x640
>>339884680
Thing I don't get is why the hell games are going the episodic route now?

I mean given how Netflix changed how people consume TV and how binge watching is now a thing, surely this shows that people want to be able to experience something at their own pace.

So why the fuck are games going episodic? You buy a game, you play it, you complete it. Sometimes you binge it, sometime's you take your time with it.

But this is a piss take.

I haven't played it yet, because I'd rather buy the full thing, which apparently won't be out until 2017.

I hear it's more classic Hitman rather than absolution.

Although I didn't actually mind Absolution, it was an interesting change and I enjoyed it for what it was, but it lacked the freedom of the originals.

I hope this new one is worth it.
>>
> Is it anything like Blood Money or is it Absolution 2?
It's definitely more Blood Money than Absolution. Freedom is the focus here.
Is it worth it? Not really, unless you're really a huge fan of the series. Won't take long to go through the three levels, even in Silent Assassin/Suit Only, Escalations are terrible and Elusive Targets are still rather rare. I'm sure it will be a great game once complete. For now just keep the money.
>>
>>339891645
I think if you liked Absolution then you'd like this as well, you obviously have some tolerance for things that aren't perfect
>>
>>339891645

>Thing I don't get is why the hell games are going the episodic route now?

From a publisher perspective, it means less upfront investment and it starts generating revenue MUCH sooner....from a developer perspective it theoretically means peoples feedback can be taken into account as development continues, things can change and there's less risk of just dropping a complete game, having everyone hate it, forget about it after a week and moving on.
>>
>people falling for a legitimate shill thread that keeps being reposted
For fuck's sake. And I even like the game.
>>
>>339890982
I agree with this.
>>
>>339891331
Nah, nothing like that, I haven't found.

However, there's an easter egg where you can have all the soldiers in the military base start dancing around like fools.
>>
>>339892501
How do i make it happen?
>>
>>339886494
You sound like a shill.

But now I wanna play the game. Fuck you.
>>
>>339892248
First time I've seen this thread, can you post the other times this thread was made?
>>
>>339887043
I can't even complete the first level in the game (fashion show) without it crashing and I have a 7970 which is a pretty popular GPU.
>>
>>339888628
>reddit cucks giving stuff away for free
>>
>>339892669
Get an officer disguise (the guys with the red berets) and tell every single soldier inside the school that they're dismissed (every one that you can, anyways, you can't do it to some of them).

When they're all out in the yard, go to the room where the two dudes are talking shit about the general and turn on the intercom, a radio will spawn up on a desk in that room, turn the radio on.
>>
>>339887120
Because they're not getting penalties and you're not getting bonuses and then you're being compared on the very same leaderboard (which is full of hackers on PC anyway).
>>
>>339892790
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/339748425/#339748425
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/339607195/#339607195
>>
Has a shit fanbase.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=189375
>>
>>339893074
So, your reasoning is that they have the same image? That's nothing extraordinary considering there's are only 3 pieces of official renders to choose from.
>>
File: 79639786835.jpg (347 KB, 780x1000) Image search: [Google]
79639786835.jpg
347 KB, 780x1000
>>339884680
It's probably the best of the lot. The story is still developing so I'm not sure what to make of it yet. It is, so far, my favorite.
>>
>>339892829

Yeah I bet you are jelly
>>
>>339893427
>same image
>same tone
>same question
>one literally outs himself as a shill
Sure.
>>
>>339893427
Back when 47 had a femboy face.
>>
Easily the GOTY so far. The only game I see having a chance to dethrone it is Dishonored 2.
>>
when will the game be finished?
>>
>>339893540
You've gotta give it to it, that is one stylish image. Too bad I can't find it in higher resolution to use as a wallpaper on my 4k monitor.
>>339893540
>>same question
Lol no. Those are normal questions of people that ask vee for opinion, however wrong it may sound. I'm not saying there are no marketers on /v/. but these are not the case.
>>
>>339892707
>You sound like a shill

There's plenty to gripe about with this game. The always online component is completely pointless. The contracts mode is limited in scope, you might intend to have players complete a mission with a knife, but in reality the game will allow them to use any weapon.
There is an unlock system for weapons and items which is intended to encourage replay, but by the time you get the more interesting items your interest in a mission has waned. Further, the weapons themselves ate a touch generic. There is also no ability to carry a suitcase (though this may be added later) and no way to take hostages.
There are numerous bugs and performance issues and occasional disconnects which interrupt game play.

But this no Absolution. There is a story, a mystery unfolding, but it's a backdrop to the world. The story exists as a way to pull you into the world, unlike Absolution which created a narrative then chucked in a bunch of levels to try and tell it.
IO has returned to a focus on open ended game play. And while it's not perfect, it's definitely the way a hitman game should play.
It has a sense of awareness of itself and it's limitations and doesn't bend itself to be anything other than a puzzle inside a playground for the player to both play and solve.
Instead of saying "Look how cool our corridors are" it hands the player a set of tools and challenges you to be creative and solve their open ended puzzle.
That's what a hitman game should strive to be.
>>
File: kill them all.jpg (8 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
kill them all.jpg
8 KB, 228x221
>MFW the embassy
Fucking hell, every fucking guard knows me no matter what disguise I use. It's like I'm playing Absolution all over again.
>>
File: 1409844491838.gif (174 KB, 299x240) Image search: [Google]
1409844491838.gif
174 KB, 299x240
>>339894057
Come up from the tunnel get the guard uniform of the guy running into the tunnel with the keycard. You then go upstairs and in the dark room there is a cleaning crew outfit. Very few of them will fuck with you.
>>
>>339894057
peg coins to distract them
>>
Is there any way to unlock sniper rifle case and new suits?
Also i missed all elusive targets, will they re-appear ever or im fucked?
>>
Sapienza >>> Paris > Marrakesh > Military Base >>> The Yacht
>>
>>339894057
get the masseuse or lieutenant disguise
>>
File: 76985976574.jpg (1 MB, 1000x804) Image search: [Google]
76985976574.jpg
1 MB, 1000x804
>>339894263
which level are you on? The elusive targets are a separate mission.
>>
I'm starting to warm up to Marrakesh a bit. It's still no Sapienza, but it's way better than I gave it credit for in the first few playthroughts. Its nuggets of gold are better hidden, but they still exist. Also, it's easily the hardest level so far.
>>
>>339894263
as far as i know they're gonna make the briefcase, its just not in the game yet.
>>
>>339894263

>will they re-appear ever or im fucked?

They're guaranteed to re-appear in conjunction with the retail release, aside from that though, who knows.
>>
File: 75cXZdz.gif (2 MB, 500x683) Image search: [Google]
75cXZdz.gif
2 MB, 500x683
>>339894358
The best way to kill the banker is to just wait until he walks by that bathroom where he's having a conversation on the phone and throw a coin. He'll walk into the bathroom then close the door behind him. conveniently there's a closet right next to you to hide his body.
>>
Thailand when?
>>
>>339894541
At a guess, 30th June.
They will leave it until the last possible day.
>>
>>339894263
>Also i missed all elusive targets, will they re-appear ever or im fucked?
According to the developers, they will never reappear and you're fucked, but if I had to guess, there's no way they won't come back eventually, even if it's in a limited capacity. It'd be a huge waste of voice acting and resources to have them literally only show up once. Also, it would make you be able to never go 100% on the challenges and I think IO knows well enough that that's a big no no. They'd be stupid to actually make them one time only.
>>
>>339892215
Fair enough, but the problem still stands. It means having to wait for content. And it seems like a step backwards in this sense.

I mean games have never been perfect, but they released, people bought it and played it. They either liked it or they hated it.

I don't see how episodic really changes this except making it more inconvenient to know if you like it or not.
>>
>>339894541
considering they havent shown it or mentioned it at all i would bet mid july.
>>
>>339894456
It's, ok but it feels smaller than the other maps. Or at least less densely packed with interactive features.
I had to check and found that both Paris and Sapienza include just over 100 challenges, and Marrakech only 79.
So there is slightly less to do in that map.
>>
>>339894908
this is true but they added more challenges to Paris over time. Hopefully the same will happen in Marrakech.
>>
>>339895134
Oh I didn't know that. Good to know.
It is harder though, true. There is more resistance from security and the opportunities are more difficult to find.

Hopefully it continues to get more challenging with each new mission.
>>
>>339894541
>>339894601
We had footage of these last three episodes before the game released, we haven't seen a single screenshot or video of Thailand yet.
I bet we'll get Thailand in late July.
>>
>>339895134
>this is true but they added more challenges to Paris over time
No they didn't. They only added one challenge so far and it was in the Military Base.

The other challenges they've added all have been global challenges, stuff like Elusive Contracts.
>>
>>339895335
It'd be like them to fuck people over with release schedule again. We'll probably know at e3
>>
>>339894057
The camera man outfit only gets you spotted by like two guards inside the Embassy.
>>
>>339895563
Honestly, I wouldn't mind waiting for late July to get Thailand if it means they have more time to work on it and lessens the likelihood of it feeling rushed.
>>
>>339895510
the vampire magician challenges weren't in Paris at release
>>
>>339895801
Ah, you're right. Sorry about that, I forgot about those.
>>
>>339885878
>>339886528
Just admit you are wrong, Paris was the best.
>>
is the intern disguise just shit or what, is that why it has so many blend in spots
>>
>>339896162
Pretty much every reviewer and every person who actually played Episode 1 and 2 would say you're wrong
>>
>>339896203
yes, and yes
>>
File: 1463896596981.png (725 KB, 830x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463896596981.png
725 KB, 830x1000
>>339884680
>So, how's the new Hitman?
Great. But either wait for the full game or buy the whole episode pack.
>Is it anything like Blood Money or is it Absolution 2?
It's Blood Money 2016. Modernized feel but still staying true to the classics with to some extent.
>Is the intro pack worth it? Are the DLC's good?
The intro pack alone is worthless. This is the Hitman experience where the difficulty and level design escalate with every new area.
>>
File: 1463043005369.png (489 KB, 668x503) Image search: [Google]
1463043005369.png
489 KB, 668x503
>>339884680
Blood Money is overrated, the series should aim to be Silent Assassin with slightly less hardcore guards.
>>
>>339896238
The recent episodes are too messy plot wise, too many random hazy encounters that make no sense.

You head on over to the official Hitman steam discussion, or other forums you will see an astounding amount of people feeling this way. No need to be in denial my friend.
>>
>>339896848
Except I'm not, I legitimately enjoyed Sapenzia more than Paris
>>
>>339896948
I didn't like the 007 James Bond style ending and really felt the troubled scientist to be unsincere in character.
>>
#KillBusey when?
>>
>>339897365
My favorite thing about the new hitman is that it reminds me of James Bond
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.