[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw juat clocked 600 hours in dark souls today Is this as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
>mfw juat clocked 600 hours in dark souls today

Is this as good as gaming gets?
Found this game, then two years later it still blows me away with how everything in it is no less than perfect. The gameplay, the lore, the soundtrack and the overall design. It's just an indescribable piece of interactive art. Will we have an experience as flawless and satisfying as this ever again?
>>
It's not that fucking good.
>>
>>339295827
>The gameplay, the lore, the soundtrack and the overall design
None of those things is even close to being "great", much less "perfect"
>>
>>339295827

>no pause feature
>pointless weapon durability system
>invasions that violate player consent
>inexcusable frame rate issues
>blighttown
>artificial difficulty
>terrible second half
>misleading information
>horrible Jap translations
>"muh lore"

By far the most overrated game of all time.
>>
It's that fucking good
>>
File: insta.gif (2 MB, 237x237) Image search: [Google]
insta.gif
2 MB, 237x237
>>339296546
>>
>>339296525
>>artificial difficulty
What the fuck does this even mean
>>
It's a great game but I think what makes it feel much better than it is, that there were not that many good single player games for that generation.
>>
This game would be so much more popular on /v/ if it sold a tenth of the copies
>>
File: 1384099322938.jpg (143 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1384099322938.jpg
143 KB, 640x480
>>339296525
>no pause feature
>artificial difficulty
>misleading information
git gud you massive faggot

>blighttown
>terrible second half
only real arguments

>"muh lore"
literally what
>>
>>339296760
It's not actually difficult. The game uses avatar strengths. It doesn't matter how good at the game you are, as long as you have the best weapon and the highest stats.

The punishment for the game is that you lose your souls if you die twice. This isn't a real challenge. It's just tedious and wastes your time.
>>
>>339296525

Oh boy. If it asked you of you wanted tp be invaded it wouldnt be much of an invasion would it?

I dont think the game is perfect specially with areas like Lost Izalith but most of your complains beg for me to say git gud.
>>
>>339296525
>no pause feature
that's the point of the whole fucking experience you fucking casual
Oh yeah let's give you an overpowered weapon two hours into the game and make it unbreakable so that you'll never worry about changing it or reinforcing it
>framerate issues
Use dsfix or play on a console
>Blighttown
It's not even that hard. You just fucking suck.
>misleading information
holy fucking shit why are you even here
>>
>>339296928
>git gud you massive faggot
I already got good. I've beaten the game twice. Those are STILL problems with the game.

>literally what
The game's text is riddled with bad translations, typographical errors, and outright lies.

No one actually gives a fuck about lore (unless you're autistic).
>>
>>339297052
>Oh boy. If it asked you of you wanted tp be invaded it wouldnt be much of an invasion would it?
Exactly. Invasions, at their core, are a bad mechanic.

NPC invasions are okay, because that's just what an NPC is programmed to do. It's like a random encounter in any other RPG.

But human invasions are inexcusable and awful.
>>
It's a fucking shit game hahaah you fucking pcuck. Go play demons souls
>>
>>339296930
>The game uses avatar strengths
So any game with an RPG style leveling system isn't actually difficult? The game still requires some level of mechanic skill no matter what build you have. Plenty of retards struggle even while using a guide that tells them how to optimise everything. You'll die in a few hits in the early game, for example and there's nothing you can do about that. You still have to roll/manage stamina etc no matter what gear you're using.

>The punishment for the game is that you lose your souls if you die twice
You mean the punishment for dying? And you also go back to the last bonfire you rested at. Is that not real challenge either? Should you just respawn at the spot where you died then? What games do you even think are 'organically' difficult? There's a clear, obvious reason for the bloodstain mechanic too, it wasn't there purely to waste your time.
>>
>>339296525
>every boss follows the same flowchart aside from a couple of stupidly easy ones
>have to manually swap out each armor piece when you need a different resistance
>terrible collision
>circlestrafing
>staring at the boss's crotch
>stats are way too important

It's made for Skyrim babbies who want to feel hardcore without actually getting gud.
>>
>>339297065
>that's the point of the whole fucking experience you fucking casual
I don't care. Sometimes I have shit to do. Sometimes I have to take a shit. It would be nice to have a pause feature. If that ruins the experience for you, then just don't pause. No one is forcing you. But for the players who want it, they should have it.

>Oh yeah let's give you an overpowered weapon two hours into the game and make it unbreakable so that you'll never worry about changing it or reinforcing it
Sure. It's your weapon. You earned it.

>Use dsfix or play on a console
I do.

>It's not even that hard. You just fucking suck.
Who the fuck said it was HARD?

It's just awful to play. It's not fun.

>holy fucking shit why are you even here
Kill yourself.
>>
>>339297230
You know that you don't have to be in human form right?
>but risk reward system = bad cuz i say so!!
Fuck off
>>
>>339295827
>it still blows me away with how everything in it is no less than perfect
>all of lost izalith
>bed of fucking chaos
>frame-rate-killing swamp filled with shitty structure clipping enemies
I love the game, got dat platinum, but don't be a delusional asspie
>>
>>339297382
>So any game with an RPG style leveling system isn't actually difficult?
Correct.

>What games do you even think are 'organically' difficult?
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

Much more challenging than Dark Souls, and a lot more rewarding, too. One of the most underrated games of all time.
>>
I love the game but since the second half is not as good as the first half it can't be perfect.
>>
>>339297451
>I do.
>still complains about framerate and blighttown

>Who the fuck said it was HARD?
>waaaaaa da invasions!!
>waaaaaa da artificial difficulty!!
>>
>>339297516
>You know that you don't have to be in human form right?
In order to kindle bonfires, yes, you do. I'm against summoning players, too.
>>
>>339297590
>Correct.
And you have nothing to back that up. You ignored everything I said about the game still requiring mechanical skill no matter how optimised your character is

>Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
Are you just shitposting now? Do you even know that that game has a leveling system?
>>
>>339297664
>>still complains about framerate and blighttown
Because the framerate is still awful in Blighttown.

>>waaaaaa da invasions!!
I don't hate invasions because they make the game "harder." I hate invasions because they violate consent.

>>waaaaaa da artificial difficulty!!
Artificial difficulty is not real difficulty. That's the point. The game isn't hard. At all.
>>
>>339297738
So go kill yourself then go back to your bloodstain. Or play offline. You still haven't explained how invasions are an inherently bad mechanic.
>>
>>339297815
>You ignored everything I said about the game still requiring mechanical skill no matter how optimised your character is
Because it doesn't. Unless you're braindead.

>Are you just shitposting now? Do you even know that that game has a leveling system?
An automatic leveling system. You don't get to choose which stats you level up. It's completely organic, unless you grind like an idiot.
>>
File: 1457092543369.png (76 KB, 513x581) Image search: [Google]
1457092543369.png
76 KB, 513x581
>>339296928
>two observations and an assertion that isn't backed up with anything
>'''''''''''''''''''''''argument''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
>>339297052
Or you could just play off line and not have to worry at all.

By playing online you have agreed to the risk of being invaded.
>>
The entire second half of the game sucks though.
>>
>>339297874
>I hate invasions because they violate consent.
This has to be bait.
>>
>>339297918
>So go kill yourself then go back to your bloodstain.
I shouldn't have to do that.

>Or play offline.
I do.

>You still haven't explained how invasions are an inherently bad mechanic.
Because they violate player consent. You have no right to invade my world without my permission. The fact that the game allows you to do that is bullshit.
>>
>>339298037
They clearly ran out of budget.

Blame the publisher then.
>>
>>339296525
>no pause feature
theres bonfires and safe places everywhere
except its not pointless, weapons dont break in 2 minutes in real life
dont be in human form
dsfix
>blighttown
nothing wrong with it other than the framerate on ps3, the only ''hard'' thing are the snipers
>artificial difficulty
no and you don't even know what that means
>terrible second half
its bad, but not terrible
>misleading information
citation needed
citation needed
>"muh lore"
its one of the few games of his generation that actually have a lore
>>
>>339298123
Except by going online you are giving them consent genius.
>>
>>339297987
>Because it doesn't.
Okay, explain how you can optimise your build to the point where you beat Capra Demon, O&S and Manus by standing there and R1ing

> It's completely organic, unless you grind like an idiot.
But you can grind, which means that the game isn't completely reliant on mechanical skill. You can still level to the point where the game becomes piss easy for most of it, making it 'artificially difficult' by your own standards. You could've actually picked a game game that didn't have RPG mechanics, but you picked one of the worst examples you had to choose from, amazing
>>
>>339298328
>>339298082
stop replying to what is clearly bait you idiots.
He is jerking it to every (You)
>>
>>339297451
>It's just awful to play. It's not fun.
you can just run and do it in a few minutes or skip it entirely if you don't like
>>
>>339296525
>implying that's not the best feature
Go hollow or deal with the fact that you can get invaded.
>>
>>339298258
Regardless of whose fault it is, it's still a fault. Ain't perfect, senpai.
>>
>>339298123
>I do.
So why the fuck are you still complaining?

>they violate player consent.
You consented by reverting to human form. That's exactly the point, holy shit
>>
>>339298123
you have to go human to get invaded genius, you can literally play the entire fucking game without being invaded you faggot. Now you're obviously gonna whine about how you can't summon people without going human, thus enabling you to get invaded, FUCKING GIT GUD YOU SCRUB, you dont need to summon people to win the game, you just have to actually be good at the fucking game you srub. Please learn to play or kill yourself.
>>
>>339298123
>permission
it's called """"""""invade""""""" for a fucking reason lol
>>
>>339295827
>600 hours

How many times have you beaten the game?

I logged over 300 in Bloodborne after beating it 6 times, I don't know how I'd manage 600.
>>
>>339298306
>theres bonfires and safe places everywhere
I don't care. I want a pause feature. Sometimes I need to pause when I'm in the middle of action.

>except its not pointless, weapons dont break in 2 minutes in real life
It's pointless. All it does is tax you of your souls every once in awhile. It's just there to hinder progress and be pointless. It's not fun.
>dont be in human form
I have to in order to perform certain actions.
>dsfix
Console master race.
>nothing wrong with it other than the framerate on ps3, the only ''hard'' thing are the snipers
I never said it was hard. It's just a terrible place that isn't fun at all.
>no and you don't even know what that means
Yes, and I explained it in a previous post.
>its bad, but not terrible
It's terrible.
>citation needed
The game claims that the Tiny Being's Ring works like Leftovers in Pokemon, where it slowly recovers your health. This is a lie. All it does it increase your maximum HP by 5%, making it worthless. That's called a lie. That's called misleading information.
>citation needed
Read the description of any Sun Medal.
>its one of the few games of his generation that actually have a lore
And it's boring and shitty and stupid.

Get fucked.
>>
>>339297874
>the framerate is still awful in Blighttown.
So go use your DSFix

>I hate invasions because they violate consent.
But you can only be invaded while human

>The game isn't hard. At all.
Then why would you have cause to complain about bloodstains? If the game isn't difficult, you must've beaten it in zero deaths, right?
>>
>>339297097
>waaaa waaaa i hate dis gam!!
>ugh i cant believe i ACTUALLY finished dis garbage, now im gonna play it again :DDD
>>
>>339298378
>Okay, explain how you can optimise your build to the point where you beat Capra Demon, O&S and Manus by standing there and R1ing
No, because that's braindead. I said that I'm excluding braindead.
>but you picked one of the worst examples you had to choose from, amazing
It was actually the best example ever.
>>
File: 1451443881747.png (255 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
1451443881747.png
255 KB, 354x367
I love Dark Souls more than any game in the past 15 years but the second half of the game is fucking atrocious.
>>
>>339298725
I have about 350 hours, and i've beaten it like 5 or 6 times? i spent at least 100 hours doing PvP tho, and i probably had dark souls running in the background a couple of times too. but i've played the game with a lot of different friends, and also just completed it alone with different builds, because i felt like it. sucha good game, hnnng.
>>
>>339298762
holy shit dude you have been proven wrong countless times just stop those pathetic damage control attempts
>>
>>339297403
>have to manually swap out each armor piece when you need a different resistance
This is the most bizarre complaint I've ever seen
>>
>>339298432
>you can just run and do it in a few minutes or skip it entirely if you don't like
"I'm not enjoying this game's content, so I'm going to skip it."
10/10, game of the year.
>>
>>339298889
There's more to Dark Souls than challenge, but if that's all you want from a video game I definitely see your point. Zelda II doesn't have near the art design, sound design, etc. that Dark Souls does.
>>
>>339298531
>So why the fuck are you still complaining?
Because it shouldn't be in the game at all.

>You consented by reverting to human form. That's exactly the point, holy shit
Nope. There should be a prompt that says "do you want to duel this person? yes/no"

>>339298597
I never summon, because summoning is bullshit.
>>
>>339298762
>It's not fun.
Yeah dude, every element of every game has to be fun otherwise that's just bad design. Who cares about the intent of the developer? Because that's all games can are allowed to be 100% of the time, just fun. Anyone who disagrees is a pretentious art fag cuck who needs to fuck off back to r/gaming
>>
>can't compare equipped armor stats with vendor items

sparing Japan in WW2 was a mistake
>>
>>339298624
>it's called """"""""invade""""""" for a fucking reason lol
I know. It's an inherently bullshit mechanic.

>>339298769
>So go use your DSFix
I play on console master race.

>But you can only be invaded while human
I don't care.

>Then why would you have cause to complain about bloodstains? If the game isn't difficult, you must've beaten it in zero deaths, right?
Because it's still a bullshit mechanic, regardless of how difficult the game is.
>>
>>339299007
>i hate this game so much dude, that im gonna play through it TWICE
>>
>>339299007
yes because it's open world and you're free to pick what areas you'd like to experience
blighttown holds literally no significance to the story and can be skipped entirely, you can rush to quelaag to get access to the demon ruins and that's it
>>
>>339299202
>Yeah dude, every element of every game has to be fun otherwise that's just bad design.
Yes.

>Who cares about the intent of the developer?
FUCK the intent of the developer. The developer's job is to make a game that's fun to play. Failing that, he's a shit developer. I don't give a single fuck what his intent was.
>>
>>339299139
>Because it shouldn't be in the game at all.
Again, there's a clear reason for the feature to be in the game

>Nope. There should be a prompt that says "do you want to duel this person? yes/no"
Nope. They wanted the tradeoff to be that you risk being invaded whenever, so that's what you get.
>>
>>339299139
then, if you dont summon, when the fuck are you getting invaded? you literally have NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT YOU GIANT FUCKING FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL.
>>
>>339298762
>I don't care. I want a pause feature. Sometimes I need to pause when I'm in the middle of action.
I don't care about what you need, I don't want a pause, there's no penalty in dying.
>It's pointless. All it does is tax you of your souls every once in awhile. It's just there to hinder progress and be pointless. It's not fun.
weapons breaking aren't supposed to be fun, its something that happens in real life
>I have to in order to perform certain actions.
that's your choice and you can kill yourself if you are so afraid of invaders, i finished my first time on ds1 without ever going human because i knew i would die and be rotten again
>I never said it was hard. It's just a terrible place that isn't fun at all.
terrible? it's nothing, in demon's souls theres a place one thousand times worst in all aspects and no one whines about it,of couse because cancer people like you didn't played it.
and again, you can skip blightown
>Yes, and I explained it in a previous post.
No this is not what artificial diffcult means. You retard, artificial difficult is when someone is way too overpowered and it looks hard, but its just bullshit
example:flappy bird game, people say its ''hard'' but its pointless, you will die. its not real difficulty.
>It's terrible.
the other areas arent as bad as lost izalith
>The game claims that the Tiny Being's Ring works like Leftovers in Pokemon,
that happens before the game starts, but its a misleading translation
now theres no space toreply
>>
>>339299128
>Zelda II doesn't have near the art design, sound design, etc. that Dark Souls does.
Who the fuck cares?

>yes because it's open world and you're free to pick what areas you'd like to experience
The entire game has to be fun for me to enjoy it. Fuck this "open world" meme.

>no significance to the story
I don't give ONE SINGLE FUCK about the story.
>>
>>339299270
>I don't care.
You don't care that what you're saying makes no sense? You going into human form is you giving your consent.

> still a bullshit mechanic
Actually it's one of the most important parts of the game. Also, how would you even know it's in the game, you didn't die so you wouldn't have seen a bloodstain, right?
>>
>>339299007
>what is replaying the game for pvp
>what is replaying the game to get achievments
>>
>>339297230
>human invasions are inexcusable and awful

"I'm terrible and keep getting killed, therefor this mechanic is bad"
>>
>>339299404
>Nope. They wanted the tradeoff to be that you risk being invaded whenever, so that's what you get.
Bad game design.

>>339299434
>then, if you dont summon, when the fuck are you getting invaded? you literally have NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT YOU GIANT FUCKING FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL.
I never get invaded, because I play offline, and I never go human.

It's STILL a bullshit mechanic. The fact that it even EXISTS is retarded, and I want it removed. I don't care if I never experience it myself. No one else should be able to experience it either. It's THAT bad.
>>
>>339298889
>No, because that's braindead.
No really, I want to know about this amazing new build that removes any challenge from the game.

>complaining about leveling systems ruining games
>example of a game that doesn't have this problem has a fucking leveling system
You are just incredible
>>
>>339299527
>The entire game has to be fun for me to enjoy it
Yeah, dying over and over in death mountain was so fun bro xD best game evarrrr !!
>>
>>339299692
then why the fuck are you complaining ya bastard? why would you complain about a problem you dont have?
At this point i realize you are trolling, BUT I DONT CARE YOURE MAKING ME MAD REGARDLESS, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Alphagutter.jpg (502 KB, 1721x995) Image search: [Google]
Alphagutter.jpg
502 KB, 1721x995
>>339299527
>Who the fuck cares?

This is actually a really stupid fucking question and I hope you didn't ask it sincerely.

>The entire game has to be fun for me to enjoy it. Fuck this "open world" meme.

And the variety of avenues to go to is part of what people loved about Dark Souls. No meme here, friendo.

>I don't give ONE SINGLE FUCK about the story.

That's fine, but just like your asinine first question, assuming you asked it sincerely, plenty of people do. It's part of what's so beloved about the series. It looks like it just ain't for you friendo.
>>
>>339299517
>I don't care about what you need, I don't want a pause, there's no penalty in dying.
I don't care what you don't want. The penalty in dying is losing your souls, which is the entire game.
>weapons breaking aren't supposed to be fun, its something that happens in real life
Games shouldn't be anything like real life.
>you can kill yourself if you are so afraid of invaders,
I shouldn't have to.
>terrible? it's nothing,
It's terrible.
>example:flappy bird game, people say its ''hard'' but its pointless, you will die. its not real difficulty.
This game is the RPG equivalent of Flappy Bird.
>that happens before the game starts, but its a misleading translation
I know. So I'm right.
>>
>>339297097
>>339297097
>I already got good. I've beaten the game twice.
LOL
>>
File: image.png (212 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
212 KB, 400x400
>>339296060
>>339296459
>being this pointlessly contrarian
>>
>>339299379
>Yes.
Yeah bro, we get to decide what an entire medium is allowed to be, and I choose it to be FUN, anything that's not fun is NOT ALLOWED EVER

>FUCK the intent of the developer.
Yeah the stupidest thing you can do when trying to judge a game is actually look at what it was trying to accomplish and judge it based on that. We have to judge all games the exact same way no matter what, because what I want games to be is so much awesomer than what other people want games to be
>>
>>339299692
>Bad game design.
You don't know what qualifies as bad design. It doesn't mean "things I didn't like", or "the bits that aren't fun"
>>
>>339299564
>Actually it's one of the most important parts of the game.
Then the game is terrible.

>"I'm terrible and keep getting killed, therefor this mechanic is bad"
I've never been killed by an invader.

>>339299806
>Yeah, dying over and over in death mountain was so fun bro xD best game evarrrr !!
GET FUCKING GOOD.

>>339299875
>why would you complain about a problem you dont have?
Because it's a problem OTHER people have, you dumb cunt. I'm not just concerned about myself. Retard.

>This is actually a really stupid fucking question and I hope you didn't ask it sincerely.
If you care about the art direction, you're autistic.
>And the variety of avenues to go to is part of what people loved about Dark Souls. No meme here, friendo.
And they're wrong.
>That's fine, but just like your asinine first question, assuming you asked it sincerely, plenty of people do. It's part of what's so beloved about the series. It looks like it just ain't for you friendo.
Congratulations. You're autistic.
>>
File: 1457631346141.jpg (44 KB, 320x486) Image search: [Google]
1457631346141.jpg
44 KB, 320x486
>>339299940
>The penalty in dying is losing your souls, which is the entire game.
>Games shouldn't be anything like real life.
>>
>>339299940
>The penalty in dying is losing your souls, which is the entire game.

Souls aren't that important; you can beat the game at level 1.

>Games shouldn't be anything like real life.

Your weapons actually broke? Hah.

>I shouldn't have to.

Right, you can switch off online.

>It's terrible.

The more this goes on it just sounds like the game isn't for you man.

>This game is the RPG equivalent of Flappy Bird.

Now you're just saying spiteful things for no reason. It sounds like it's not for you man it's alright you know.
>>
>Lost Izalith
>Baby-tier half-second parry windows
>Backstab fishing all day
>Blight town
>Bed of Chaos
>Pointless stats
>Poise shitters
All the Souls games all have problems, but DaS1 has the most of them, and covers them the least on top of that.

But we'll get retards in here defending that shit regardless, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>339295827
Id clocked around 600 hours when it first came out, spent most of my time invading, going through the game muliple times, and joining the forest covenant to fuck over scrubs. I can't believe I'm saying this but it beats out all Zelda games that I loved just because Dark SOULS is literally zelda but more mature about the combat and setting than Zelda which is aimed at kids.
>>
>>339300021
>Yeah bro, we get to decide what an entire medium is allowed to be, and I choose it to be FUN, anything that's not fun is NOT ALLOWED EVER
Correct.

>Yeah the stupidest thing you can do when trying to judge a game is actually look at what it was trying to accomplish and judge it based on that. We have to judge all games the exact same way no matter what, because what I want games to be is so much awesomer than what other people want games to be
Correct.
>>
You can't trick me op, there's only 24 hours in a day
>>
File: wtf.jpg (39 KB, 564x438) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
39 KB, 564x438
Are you people really this easy to bait? Dear god.
>>
>>339300189
>Then the game is terrible.
You're not even trying to think of why the bloodstain mechanic is in the game. I know you're shitposting right now, but at least a part of you is still being serious, otherwise you wouldn't be able to bait this good. Just think, why would they have that mechanic in the game? You can't be so stupid that you actually believe they were making a game and said "lmao lets just waste everyones time with this shit LOL"
>>
File: Dark Souls poster.jpg (780 KB, 1920x2880) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls poster.jpg
780 KB, 1920x2880
>>339300295
>Correct.

That is actually untrue. Please point to me where it says video games, entertainment in general in fact, MUST be enjoyable. There is a whole assortment of films specifically not exacting enjoyment, along with music, short films, and indeed video games.

>Correct.

Oh this is just bait okay. Gonna just spam DaS images in this thread now.
>>
>>339300189
>THIS guy telling someone to gitgud
>>
>>339300220
>Souls aren't that important; you can beat the game at level 1.
They're the entire game.

>Your weapons actually broke? Hah.
Nope. The fact that they can break in the FIRST place is bullshit. Why doe everyone assume that I'm complaining about these things because they HAPPENED to me? They haven't. I just know what's bullshit and what isn't.

>Right, you can switch off online.
Still not good enough. The game should warn me that online is infested with cunts who invade people. It doesn't.
>>
File: Vamos.png (72 KB, 552x3000) Image search: [Google]
Vamos.png
72 KB, 552x3000
>>
I never understood what made Souls so fucking special.

People often seem to have this fucking HALLELUJAH moment with these games. But often when I hear people describe this feeling of what makes Souls so great I can't help but think-

"That's pretty much how I felt about Ninja Gaiden Black."
>>
>>339300437
>Just think, why would they have that mechanic in the game?
I know exactly why they have it in the game.

It's STILL a waste of time.

>>339300526
No, I didn't say "gitgud." I said "get good."

I don't speak your cancerous cunt language.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-30+at+12.10.10).jpg (75 KB, 539x439) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-30+at+12.10.10).jpg
75 KB, 539x439
>>339295827
I like Souls.

Busy with my SL1 run on 3, now
>>
>>339300295
Okay, if you believe this then you also believe
>games are not allowed to be hard because frustration=not fun
>games are not allowed to have a learning curve because confusion=not fun
>any part of a game where you are stuck=bad design because not fun
>games are not allowed to have slow moments because that just ain't fun bro!
>>
File: Artorias.jpg (529 KB, 1920x865) Image search: [Google]
Artorias.jpg
529 KB, 1920x865
>>339300552
>They're the entire game.

They are not. You can beat the game at level 1.

>Nope. The fact that they can break in the FIRST place is bullshit.

Man you're such a whiner.

>Still not good enough. The game should warn me that online is infested with cunts who invade people. It doesn't.
>should
>should

Games, films, books, novels, short stories, short films, and music do not have to cater to you in any way. Ditch that mindset if you want to survive in this world.

>>339300570
>I never understood what made Souls so fucking special.

Atmosphere + weighty combat + entrenched lore for people to get lost in + connective level design.
>>
>Dukes Archives
>Crystal Caves
>Demon Ruins
>Izalith
>Darkroot Garden
>Tomb of Giants

All terrible or bland areas. Dark Souls is good but it's hardly perfect.
>>
>>339295827
>all those blatantly unfinished areas
>perfect and flawless
>>
Fuck the Crystal Cave
Fuck those invisible paths
Fuck Seath
>>
>>339300552
At what point did you stop being serious and start shitposting? Was it a gradual change, or a sudden one, like you just decided to give up and soak in some (you)s?
>>
On replays do you pick the master key or do you go through vanilla? I can't help but pick the master key on every new file
>>
>>339300280
>literally zelda
Absolutely not.
>>
File: Bones.png (1 MB, 963x926) Image search: [Google]
Bones.png
1 MB, 963x926
>>339300795
What is with this new wave of individuals saying the entire second half of Dark Souls is bad? In the last two years it has gone from "Lost Izalith is bad" to "the second half is bad." What happened? Tomb is fine, Duke's is fine, Demon Ruins is fine, Darkroot is fine, etc.
>>
>>339300785
>Okay, if you believe this then you also believe
But all of this is fun.

Dark Souls isn't.
>They are not. You can beat the game at level 1.
I don't care.
>Man you're such a whiner.
I'm also right.
>Games, films, books, novels, short stories, short films, and music do not have to cater to you in any way.
Yes, they do.
>Atmosphere + weighty combat + entrenched lore for people to get lost in + connective level design.
All of the game's worst and most poorly executed aspects.
>>
>>339298953
>pvp

That makes sense. I'd only just gotten into PvP on Bloodborne before I got burnt out.
>>
>>339300876
>Fuck Seath

Are any of the Lord souls actually good boss fights? They're all either easy or Bed of Chaos bullshit.
>>
>>339300734
>I know exactly why they have it in the game.
Go on and tell us then
>>
>>339300795
never had a single problem with any of those, you probably hate them because you suck?
>>
>>339301027
>Go on and tell us then
Because it's part of the "challenge." If there was no penalty for death, you wouldn't care.

But they chose a punishment that makes playing the game an absolute waste of time.
>>
>>339300981
>But all of this is fun.
>being stuck on the same part for extended periods of time is fun
>not knowing what the fuck is going on is fun
Well you seem like a cool dude
>>
>>339300981
This is nothing but bait at this point. You gave yourself up when you said

>Yes, they do.

Was nice playing with you I guess. Enjoy my DaS images.
>>
>>339301239
>>being stuck on the same part for extended periods of time is fun
Get good.
>>>not knowing what the fuck is going on is fun
Get good.
>Well you seem like a cool dude
Thank you.

Dark Souls sucks.
>>
>>339295827
Nope. In fact, I remember when I killed Sif and realized that was the pup I helped raise. When I realized that, it was just so emotionally overwhelming that I had to turn off the PS3 for an hour and have a good cry. I hadn't even been that emotionally moved at my brother's funeral. Drive by shooting.
>>
>>339301181
>If there was no penalty for death, you wouldn't care.
You're oversimplifying it a ton, but you've mostly got it. Now what's the problem with that? You might lose souls sometimes and the game is bad because [???]
>>
File: Fashion criminal.png (477 KB, 467x581) Image search: [Google]
Fashion criminal.png
477 KB, 467x581
>>
>>339301329
>>Yes, they do.
If a game isn't fun to play, then it sucks, and the developers failed. It doesn't matter what their intent was.

Deal with it.
>>
File: 1457029819664.jpg (93 KB, 838x489) Image search: [Google]
1457029819664.jpg
93 KB, 838x489
>>339301358
>Get good.
>>
File: Firelink Shrine.jpg (844 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Firelink Shrine.jpg
844 KB, 2560x1440
>>339301453
Sure, friendo.
>>
>>339301024
This is my first time playing, the only Lord soul boss I've fought so far was Bed of Chaos.
It was a shitty boss, but wasn't that bad outside of dodging the fucking fire pillars.
But, this crystal cave bullshit is driving me up the wall. Who the fuck thought invisible paths we're part of good level design? God damn
>>
>>339301375
So good this probably came straight from reddit.
>>
>>339301417
>You might lose souls sometimes and the game is bad because [???]
Because those souls represent the minutes to hours you've spent trying to gather them. Losing them means you lost all those hours.

It's a waste of time, and it isn't fun.
>>
>>339301453
What are your favourite games
>>
File: Gaping Dragon.jpg (1 MB, 1920x833) Image search: [Google]
Gaping Dragon.jpg
1 MB, 1920x833
>>
https://www.twitchDoTtv/enelvavi
>>
>>339301171
Does any other series attract this kind of embarrassing devotion from fans? Pointing out shitty level design has nothing to do with difficulty despite what the awful 'prepare to die' marketing might tell you.
>>
>>339301603
Super Metroid. Wind Waker. Mario World.

The fact that they're all Nintendo has nothing to do with it. I like Nintendo, but I don't harbor any particular love for them. They just happen to have made some of what I consider the greatest games of all time.
>>
>>339301557
>Because those souls represent the minutes to hours you've spent trying to gather them
Except that you weren't just trying to gather souls, you were trying to progress through an area, and if you didn't get further than before and open up a shortcut or something, you have spent time learning the area at the very least, so you can get through more easily next time. You can still easily progress after losing even 100k souls, it's not like you have to go grind to reclaim everything you lose
>>
File: Gwnyvere Hi Res.jpg (677 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Gwnyvere Hi Res.jpg
677 KB, 1600x900
>>
File: Gwyn Hi Res.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gwyn Hi Res.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>339300945
Umm yes it is. From the z targeting, to the dodging, to the puzzles, to the bosses.
>>
>>339301750
This

If you never die, or always recover, you will be overlevelled in the end. It never expects you to grind.
>>
>>339301750
>Except that you weren't just trying to gather souls,
Yes I was. I was grinding for the Crest of Artorias at one point.
>it's not like you have to go grind to reclaim everything you lose
Yes I do. If I achieved something, and lose it, I want it back. Period.
>>
>>339301872
Souls doesnt have a single Zelda styled puzzle or boss. But because it has lock-on and you have a sword, you think its the same thing? Play some more games.
>>
File: Gwyn_Lord_of_Cinder.jpg (456 KB, 500x1200) Image search: [Google]
Gwyn_Lord_of_Cinder.jpg
456 KB, 500x1200
>>339301910
>it's not like you have to go grind to reclaim everything you lose
>Yes I do. If I achieved something, and lose it, I want it back. Period.

Not only is this a personal issue, you can go to where you died and pick up your souls.
>>
>>339301719
>Wind Waker
But dude, what about that bit at the start of wind waker where you have to go around the BORING island and go do all that BORING shit. It doesn't matter that nintenretard was trying to establish that Link was just a normal boy at that point before sending him out on his big adventure, developer intent doesn't matter! That bit was so fuckin boring so it's a bad game

And what about all those shitty bits where you just have to sail from place to place in your dumb talking boat? That wasn't even fun, what the fuck nintendo? Just give us a level select screen or something, holy shit. Staring at a solid blue block of colour is NOT FUN THEREFORE BAD. Doesn't matter that they were trying to give the player a sense of scale of the world and give a feeling of adventure. Doesn't matter that this creates good pacing, slow relaxing parts between more interesting exploration and discovery, we don't care about developer intent so it's just a shit game no matter which way you slice it
>>
>>339302040
>Not only is this a personal issue
It's a game flaw.
>you can go to where you died and pick up your souls.
Not if you die twice. Then you lose them forever.

Have you even played this fucking game before?
>>
>>339302038
You sound like a Zelda fan in denial.

Zelda hasn't been doing well for the past decade and you know why?

Protip: most of us moved over to dark souls, which Nintendo should've made with zelda but they rather would cater to kids
>>
File: Gwynyvere Super.png (196 KB, 1200x2400) Image search: [Google]
Gwynyvere Super.png
196 KB, 1200x2400
>>339302156
>It's a game flaw.

No, the personal issue is you feeling like you have to grind back to where your soul count was.

>Not if you die twice. Then you lose them forever.

Then either don't die twice, or you move on. Souls are not that important in this game. You can get by in this game by solely killing bosses and enemies one time through. You will end up at level 65-90 if you do just that.
>>
>>339301910
>Yes I was.
You don't need the crest though. You could just go through the basin. Since you never die, it'll be easy, right? You don't need bonfires anyway, only idiots who actually die need those things. You're just defending the people who ACTUALLY managed to die, big dumb retards need the help of a valiant protector such as yourself
>>
>>339302117
>But dude, what about that bit at the start of wind waker where you have to go around the BORING island and go do all that BORING shit.
It's not boring, though?

> It doesn't matter that nintenretard was trying to establish that Link was just a normal boy at that point before sending him out on his big adventure, developer intent doesn't matter!
You're right. It doesn't. The beginning of the game is fun and interesting regardless of what they Nintended.

>And what about all those shitty bits where you just have to sail from place to place in your dumb talking boat? That wasn't even fun,
It's SUPER fun actually, and incredibly atmospheric. Genuinely one of the most amazing feelings I've ever felt from a game, was setting out at sea and moving to the next fun and exciting island. It's awesome.

Fail again.
>>
>>339302254
Souls is Kings Field, not Zelda.

You sound like an ex-Zelda fanboy who discovered Dark Souls last month.
>>
File: Havel the help.gif (3 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
Havel the help.gif
3 MB, 448x252
>>
File: 1460146340333.png (153 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1460146340333.png
153 KB, 700x700
Dark Souls HD fucking when?
>>
>>339302156
>Not if you die twice.
Congrats, you made a mistake and got punished. What a shit game, right? Likewise, in Super Mario World when you run out of lives and had to do those levels that you already did done before, that's just bad design! Like, I already did all that crap, wtf nintendo!?!?
>>
>>339301871
>I'VE SEEN SOME SHIT
>>
>>339302489
>four year old game needs an """""HD""""" release

fuck off you twelve year old
>>
>>339302328
>Then either don't die twice, or you move on.
Why are you giving me advice? I'm not asking for advice. I've beaten the shitty game twice now.

The fact that you lose your souls when you die twice is bullshit. It's a waste of time.

>Souls are not that important in this game
They're the most important thing.

>>339302342

>You don't need the crest though.
I don't care. I still wanted it. It doesn't matter. I still wasted my time trying to get it, only to have my time wasted. Bullshit. Bad game design.
>>
>>339302328
Super deepthroat? I need to go use that again
>>
File: Screenshot_20160529-173033.png (202 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160529-173033.png
202 KB, 1080x1920
>>339302452
Sure whatever you say .
>>
>>339302576
Maybe you'd be happier just watching lets plays instead of actually playing the game yourself.
>>
>>339302498
>Congrats, you made a mistake and got punished.
Punishment isn't bad.

Dark Souls METHOD of punishment is bad. It's a waste of time.

>>339302498
>Likewise, in Super Mario World when you run out of lives and had to do those levels that you already did done before, that's just bad design!
If lives in Mario World were as important as souls in Dark Souls, this would be a fair comparison. But they're not. So it's not.
>>
File: Hollow female.jpg (406 KB, 625x818) Image search: [Google]
Hollow female.jpg
406 KB, 625x818
>>339302489
Not for a long time. Miyazaki said From Software is working on a new IP, and that he'd only allow something Souls related if some aspiring director begged him to let him make one.

>>339302576
At the very least you've acknowledged the grinding is your own issue thankfully.

>>339302597
All yours friendo, I think I have a Ciaran version somewhere around.
>>
>>339302348
>It's not boring, though?
Uh, yeah it is bro. You just have to walk around and find a dumb shield, you barely even kill any baddies

>It's SUPER fun actually
Uh, no?!!? You just had to do nothing and look at a blue ocean that was clipping through your retard boat, how the heck is that even fun?!!
>>
Game is a ghost town on PC, now. My dedicated Anor Londo sunbro didn't get summoned by anyone in several hours.
>>
File: Maiden in Black SD.png (244 KB, 1200x2400) Image search: [Google]
Maiden in Black SD.png
244 KB, 1200x2400
I have one for the Maiden In Black.
>>
>>339302570
Nigga, fuck you, I need to see that shit with updated graphics.
I'm just saying since they released DS2 on PS4, I'd like to have the whole series to play on one console. Maybe HD was they wrong way of putting it. Sorry about that.
>>
>>339302650
When Robbie boy says it's true, then you just know it's true man, you just KNOW it
>>
>>339295827
Damn anon ur a huge pleb lmao
>>
>>339302748
>Uh, yeah it is bro. You just have to walk around and find a dumb shield, you barely even kill any baddies
And?

>Uh, no?!!? You just had to do nothing and look at a blue ocean that was clipping through your retard boat, how the heck is that even fun?!!
Because it's so much fun. It builds anticipation.

Dark Souls is bad get over it.
>>
>>339302576
>grinded for no reason
>but why da heck is this shit game makin me grind wtf?!?!
>>
File: Havel The Rock.jpg (161 KB, 1920x838) Image search: [Google]
Havel The Rock.jpg
161 KB, 1920x838
>>
>>339302959
>>grinded for no reason
>>but why da heck is this shit game makin me grind wtf?!?!
Yeah, really, why?

Bad game.
>>
>>339301515
Man that's a great picture.
>>
File: Hollow Knight.jpg (522 KB, 640x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hollow Knight.jpg
522 KB, 640x1080
>>
>>339302712
>Dark Souls METHOD of punishment is bad. It's a waste of time.
...and how the heck is nintenretarded not wasting my time with their retard life bullcrap???

>But they're not. So it's not.
BUT THEY MAKE ME PLAY LEVEL I ALREADY PLAY SO THAT BAD DESIGN
>>
File: Get out of here undead warrior.jpg (586 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Get out of here undead warrior.jpg
586 KB, 2560x1440
>>339303061
Petrus being isolated really does it for me. Fantastic image that one is.
>>
>>339301615
Remember when it was only known as Project Dark and the very first enemy we saw was Gaping Dragon? Simpler times.
>>
anybody have that build roll image? i always go for the same shit, lets get weird
>>
>>339303105
>...and how the heck is nintenretarded not wasting my time with their retard life bullcrap???
Because lives aren't as important as souls.

>BUT THEY MAKE ME PLAY LEVEL I ALREADY PLAY SO THAT BAD DESIGN
I know you're trying to mock me, but you're not very good at it. I've literally never made the argument that replaying stages is bad design.

Dark Souls is badly designed.
>>
>>339296525
>terrible second half meme

It really isn't that bad. It's not even half of the game either. It's more like the last quarter or so.
>>
>>339302943
>And?
...so that is NOT fun! just walking around isn't even fun, just sailing around isn't even fun! wtf were they thinking, putting boring walking crap in the game man i just dont get it

>Because it's so much fun.
ugh, i didnt say IS it fun, i said WHY is it fun...now tell me WHY is it fun
>>
>>339303164
Yeah remember that single screenshot that floated everywhere, three players against Gaping? Ages ago. Lotta things changed, Hellkite Drake was supposed to be here.
>>
>>339303285
You're really bad at this.
>>
>>339303032
>Yeah, really, why?
Yeah, why would someone grind for the crest if they were good enough to use the basin entrance? That's confusing to me too anon
>>
File: Iron Golem.jpg (285 KB, 1194x1080) Image search: [Google]
Iron Golem.jpg
285 KB, 1194x1080
>>
>>339303276
After lordvessel is not a quarter of the game.
>>
>>339303392
>Yeah, why would someone grind for the crest if they were good enough to use the basin entrance? That's confusing to me too anon
How the fuck am I supposed to know whether I need this item or not? The game never tells you a single goddamn thing about what to do, where to go, or what to get. Maybe I DID need that crest. How the fuck am I supposed to know?

Bad game. Bad design.
>>
>>339301521
You do realize the snowflakes show where the path is, right?
>>
>>339303253
>Because lives aren't as important as souls.
But they are bro, they make me play the game again

>I know you're trying to mock me, but you're not very good at it. I've literally never made the argument that replaying stages is bad design.
ugh no, what im SAYING is that playing the same stage all over again isn't *fun* so why is that aspect in the game??? i guess those dumb gooks just forgot what fun was when they put in the lives system lol
>>
File: Kalameet textures.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
Kalameet textures.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2048
>>339303508
>The game never tells you a single goddamn thing about what to do, where to go, or what to get

Believe it or not, hundreds of thousands of people enjoy that aspect of Souls.
>>
>>339303351
Yeah go learn what fun is then come back nerd
>>
File: 1444229363936.gif (778 KB, 245x190) Image search: [Google]
1444229363936.gif
778 KB, 245x190
>>339302650
DS babbies evryone
>>
File: Kalameet.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kalameet.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>339303508
Yeah, I know what you mean desu, I thought that I had to buy every single item from every vendor too and I didn't even have fun while grinding, what a shit game
>>
>>339303149
What was it that he did that was so fucked up?
I don't remember finding much about it.
>>
>>339303610
>Believe it or not, hundreds of thousands of people enjoy that aspect of Souls.
Believe it or not, hundreds of thousands of those people are retards.

It's not an inherently bad design, but if you're going to design a game like that, you CANNOT blame me for grinding souls to buy something like the Crest of Artorias. You just can't.

The game wastes your time, and any game that wastes your time is a bad game.

So, basically all games.

But Dark Souls wastes more of your time than any other game I've played.
>>
File: baito.png (148 KB, 2500x1645) Image search: [Google]
baito.png
148 KB, 2500x1645
>>339296525
>>
>>339303289
Yeah everything felt like such a huge and ambitious step up from Demon's which was admittedly a modest game compared to today. I remember when the first trailer dropped and we got a clip of the boulders in Sen's I thought it was going to be some canyon desert valley kind of place. I wish I could have the same wounder an awe as I did back then for the smaller things in Souls.
>>
File: b1234657.jpg (343 KB, 1000x1349) Image search: [Google]
b1234657.jpg
343 KB, 1000x1349
>They will never see each other again.
>>
>>339303781
>So, basically all games.
Just gave the game away there pal
>>
>>339295827
Bloodborne tops it for me, but it's a close call.

As for games outside the series that I consider almost perfect:

>Final Fantasy Tactics
>Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
>StarCraft: Broodwar
>>
>>339303665
He's 100% right
>>
>>339295827
I have easily 1000+ hours in DaS1, and even I'd say that isn't perfect by any means.
pretty much everything that comes after placing the lordvessel is proof enough that DaS1 isn't perfect whatsoever.
>>
>>339303781
The developers made the mistake of assuming the player has some degree of intelligence and will figure out that grinding souls probably isn't the best course of action when there are a shit ton of paths still available to you. Guess they were wrong in your case.
>>
>>339303781
Your time clearly isn't very valuable is it?
>>
>>339303457
It really isn't that long, though. You can beat the game pretty fucking fast after getting the lordvessel.
>>
File: Kirk.jpg (106 KB, 522x750) Image search: [Google]
Kirk.jpg
106 KB, 522x750
>>339303756
Petrus isn't as holy or righteous as he would first appear. He can be bribed for info. The meat of his shit is he lead Maiden Rhea down into the Tomb Of The Giants and abandoned her there purposefully. If you save her, and Petrus is still alive, he'll have killed her. You learn this because if you kill him, he has Rhea's necklace as loot.
>>
>>339304121
And you can get there just as fast, if not faster.
>>
I started replaying it again because it's on sale on the xbox. Still my favorite "world" of the 3 but boy does everything feel clunky coming from 3. Especially drinking estus. My favorite is still DeS though
>>
File: 1464441337187s.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1464441337187s.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
the best complaint when it came out was "it's too hard" no retard. That's what happens when the only difficulty for the game is hard. Shoutouts to playing every game on normal difficulty and dying only 5 times in the whole playthrough for every other game.
>>
>>339303756
He was pissed he was sent on pilgrimage (exiled) with the 'fair lady' and resented them for it. Something like that I think.
>>
File: Korean hatemail.jpg (235 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Korean hatemail.jpg
235 KB, 1680x1050
>>339303837
I hear you man.
>>
>>339296525
>complaining about not having a pause in the age of "everything is online"
>weapon durability never effects gameplay. A non-issue
>invasion that work symbiotically with single player content. One of the best innovations in the format in a long time
>Frame rate was bad before patches in certain areas. This is granted
>Blight down is great, whats your point?
>>>>He doesn't know what the word artificial means
>Second have is awesome
>He can't read
>He still can't read
>He yet still, after all this time, cannot read

By far the maddest poster on /v/
>>
File: Lady of the Darkling.jpg (726 KB, 1365x1920) Image search: [Google]
Lady of the Darkling.jpg
726 KB, 1365x1920
>>
>choppy 30 FPS
>nothing but brown/grey enviroments
>shit soundtrack
>pseudo difficulty / Trial and Error
>sluggish and sloppy controls and combat system

Yeah no, fuck you.
>>
What's a good Ultra Great Sword in DS3 that has a hold stance for alternate moveset?
>>
>>339303517
Yeah, but not precisely. Of course that's the first thing I noticed, but I swear it's not as precise as it needs to be.
>>
>>339304063
>The developers made the mistake of assuming the player has some degree of intelligence and will figure out that grinding souls probably isn't the best course of action
There is absolutely zero reason to assume that. Zero. And it has nothing to do with intelligence.

>>339304112
Time is inherently valuable.
>>
File: Lautrec and Anastacia.png (650 KB, 598x1811) Image search: [Google]
Lautrec and Anastacia.png
650 KB, 598x1811
>>
>>339297874
>I hate invaders because they violate consent
Yeah I know right? I also hate it when enemies kill me without consent.
>>
>>339304529
>Zero
You mean besides having several unexplored paths available to you at that point, some of which lead to boss fights? Also grinding souls is tedious and anyone who plays games would realize it's just a way to gate the players, just like high item prices are in any other RPG.
>>
File: Lautrec and Anastacia2.png (1 MB, 595x2915) Image search: [Google]
Lautrec and Anastacia2.png
1 MB, 595x2915
>>339304619
>>
>>339304467
Well, think of it like this. Why would you need to take sudden turns over a ravine? As long as you know where the beginning is, you're fine.
>>
>>339304623
>Yeah I know right? I also hate it when enemies kill me without consent.
Shit comparison. Enemies aren't sentient. They're programmed to be obstacles. That's the whole point of a video game.

Human players are a different story.
>>
File: Lautrec and Anastacia3.png (738 KB, 594x1734) Image search: [Google]
Lautrec and Anastacia3.png
738 KB, 594x1734
>>339304705
>>
File: Leg day.jpg (160 KB, 340x478) Image search: [Google]
Leg day.jpg
160 KB, 340x478
>>
>>339304770
Yeah, there were just two instances where I felt like I knew exactly where to walk and fell.
I got through it, I just need to fight Seath now
>>
File: Mein furher.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mein furher.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>339304781
Human Invaders are also programmed to be obstacles.
>>
File: Moonlight Butterfly.jpg (391 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Moonlight Butterfly.jpg
391 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>339305287
Not deliberately, just kinda thrown in there with no consideration of how the matches will play out.
>>
File: My asthma.png (198 KB, 638x941) Image search: [Google]
My asthma.png
198 KB, 638x941
>>
>>339305386
Yes, they are deliberately programmed to be an obstacle for the player, just because they are more unpredictable doesn't mean they aren't.
>>
>>339303207
pls respond
>>
>>339305559
I would hardly call something which isn't predictable, isn't balanced and cannot be relied on "deliberate design". The possibility is there, but the game isn't really designed or balanced around it, it's just thrown in on top of an actual, designed game.
>>
File: Dark Souls roll.jpg (224 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls roll.jpg
224 KB, 1280x800
>>339305637
Got you man.
>>
>>339302840
Dark Souls: Stable Framerate edition
>>
File: 1460281790638.png (293 KB, 396x453) Image search: [Google]
1460281790638.png
293 KB, 396x453
>>339296060
It actually is.
>>
File: Not your kind of people.png (1 MB, 1680x945) Image search: [Google]
Not your kind of people.png
1 MB, 1680x945
>>
>>339296525

Every single thing you listed was either false or actually a positive thing, except for the framerate one, which is legitimate.
>>
>>339305950
>A game which loses all challenge after a single casual playthrough
>flawless or satisfying
>>
>>339305771
absolutely based
>>
>>339295827
game of the decade for sure, i don't care what the edgy contrarians on here say.
>>
>>339297097
>I already got good. I've beaten the game twice. Those are STILL problems with the game

You just fucked up.
>>
>>339306196
> casual playthrough
The game is difficult for anyone.

If you dont find new game plus challenging you could always roll a new character. One playthrough can last well past 60 hours.
>>
>>339305771
rolling.
i actually feel more like playing DS1 than playing NG+ in DS3.
>>
>>339305771
ronaldo
>>
>>339306509
damn, seems like i'm doing a miracles only run
>>
>>339300570
everything, the npcs, the lore, the boss fights, the gameplay, level design, world connection, its all the rpg fans were waiting for.
but ds2 is shit and failed at everything that i mentioned.
>>
Wahts a good enchament for a shortsword? I dont know what else to change for my drakesword and Im soloing this game only with a shield and a shortsword
>>
>>339302840
ds2 is cancer and soft was literally only made to get more money to bandai namco
>>
>>339295827
Yes
>>
>>339306430
It's not challenging because after your first playthrough you know just about you need to know about the game to trivialize it. It's not demanding when it comes to execution, has very few variables and is static as hell so there's nothing to surprise or challenge you after you learn some simple enemy moves and how to deal with them. Doing a SL1 is kinda fun but that's even easier than your first playthrough with the exception of O&S and Manus. After that you can only do ridiculous challenge runs to force the game to require consistency from the player but that saps all fun from the game more often than not since it usually involves gimping your damage output by insane amounts. Instead you could play a much better game that you can dump thousands of hours into and still be shit at, while playing it like it was intended instead of gimping yourself.
>>
>>339303756
killed rhea and abandoned the other clerics
is his job to make sure clerics die.
>>
>>339305771
anor rollondo
>>
>>339295827
I'm assuming you haven't played Bloodborne.
>>
>>339306156
>>339296760
>>339296928
>>339297052
>>339297065
>>339297403
>>339298437
>>339304310
Guys, it's pretty easy to tell he was baiting
>>
>>339305771
Almost done with second playthrough, rolling.
>>
so which ending was the good one
>>
>>339307835
Dark Lord of course
>>
>>339307835
does any of the endings even connect to DS2
>>
>>339307835
dark.
let it die already.
>>
File: 1459730846589.jpg (552 KB, 698x4352) Image search: [Google]
1459730846589.jpg
552 KB, 698x4352
>>339296760
Sorry I'm late anon but here
>>
>>339305771
WEW LAD
I got to get my copy of DS1 back of my friend
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.