[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you say is the best 2D fighter if you want to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
What would you say is the best 2D fighter if you want to get into them?

Only really liked 3D fighting games like Tekken,DOA and Soul Calibur.

Also what's the difference?
They seem to be more popular with Tourney fags.
>>
Depends on what you want to play. Street Fighters in general are good for learning the basics and a lot of it can be applied on other games. Try Ultra or emulate the older games and play online with Fightcade.
>>
>>316525349

Enthusiasts and pros judge fighting games based on appearances, gameplay, balance and mechanics. Brand names are built over the years and fanbases are developed. Currently SF still reigns kings after all these years, but other games like GG Xrd are gaining traction

2D Traditional fighting game: Ultra Street Fighter IV ( currently transitioning to SFV)

"Airdash" fighters (fast paced fighting games with heavy emphasis on chain combos, internal mechanics and movement): Guilty Gear Xrd

Traditional "Hybrid" (emphasis on fast, methodical neutral and traditional footsies): King of Fighters (XIV is getting a lukewarm treatment due to the graphics)

"Team" based fighting games (Fast team based fighting games with focus on combos, team synergies, setups and touch of deaths): Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (currently on the decline), Skullgirls

I wouldn't suggest to prefer any other game over the other as a starting grounds to branch into other games as each game plays differently, although fundamentals do carry over. If you want a lively scene though, nothing beats Street Fighter.
>>
File: 1396824975447.jpg (11 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1396824975447.jpg
11 KB, 240x320
>>316525349
Does Mortal kombat ps3 have good single player?
I heard these games are well known for their big story modes
>>
>>316525349
MK if you want easy SF is you want hard Guilty Gear if you want anime everything else is shit
>>
>>316525349
Street Fighter V is coming out soon and is gonna be the big boy on the block; even better, there will be a ton of new people coming in, so you'll have people on your level to play with. I would recommend getting into either Ultra Street Fighter IV or Super Street Fighter 2: Super Turbo (on Fightcade) if you want to get a headstart, both are significantly different from what SFV is shaping up to be but they'll get you used to the general mechanics.
>>
the absolute funnest are guilty gears and street fighter

mk is like fun for a month or two but it gets boring to me anyway
>>
>>316525349
The concepts are the same, if anything maybe 2d fighters place more importance in controlling the space while 3d fighters place importance in controling the advantage.
You can try MKX, it is basically a 3d game in 2d. it has strings, collision instead of hitboxes, etc.
>>
If you want others to play with go street fighter. Its easy to pick up and you can spend years getting better. Guilty gear is really fun but can be a bit overwhelming at first.
>>
>>316526067
>playing games for the story
>playing fighting games for the story
>playing Mortal Kombat for the story

what the fuck are you doing
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457 KB, 600x450
>>316527109
>>playing games
>>
File: 1437495075935.jpg (17 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1437495075935.jpg
17 KB, 285x279
>>316527379
>living
>>
>>316525349
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.