[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blizzard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 234234.jpg (121 KB, 896x892) Image search: [Google]
234234.jpg
121 KB, 896x892
Who else feels a bit tired out by/disappointed in modern day Blizzard games? (be Hearthstone, Overwatch, Heroes etc.)

I don't why exactly. One reason I could think of might be:
They are just so streamlined and everything that might be fun or anger the casual players gets taken out fast.

Only thing good is the (fan)art and the voice acting.
>>
Why do people feel like they have the obligation to buy and play Blizzard crap?
>>
>>339735090
They cater to casuals
>hearthstone
Rng ensures even the shittiest player can feel good about himself
>overwatch
Ultimates ensure even the shittiest players can feel good about himself
>hots
Distributed xp and simplified moba mechanics ensure even the shittiest players can feel good about themselves
>wow
Raid finder gives shitters access to "end game" content to make shitters feel good about themselves
>>
Yrel a shit
>>
>>339736273
They also prefer style over substance at this stage. Nothing is allowed to have deep mechanics because somehow people are incapable of simple math.

Activision's hold on the company is obvious at this stage of the game. Overwatch and Destiny are byproducts of their Jewry.
>>
>>339735090
Only thing Blizzard is still good at is music. Never disappointed me in that regard.
>>
File: shadowmoon041.jpg (694 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shadowmoon041.jpg
694 KB, 1920x1080
>>339739279
Most of their art departments are still good, albeit hobbled by old game engines, unimaginative writers who squander their talent, and shoddy corporate practices that color the entire affair in a negative light.
>>
>>339736273
this might be the reason
>>
>>339739997
It sure is impressive how they can make WoW look decent if you consider that it's still based on the WC3 engine.

I Iiked Draenor's aesthetics a lot, I was sad that it turned out to be a major dissapointment. It's certainly not the world designer's fault.
>>
>>339736273
this so much, such a big difference from old blizzard its a shame to even call them blizzard anymore
>>
>>339740443
The sad part was how clear it became that they had plans for certain areas, then they simply said fuck it and did nothing. The demon infested Shattrath city, for example. There's all sorts of interesting mobs there and there was clearly some thought put into it all that leads me to believe it was at one time a questing area, perhaps a daily hub. This was evidently scrapped when people freaked out about how overabundant dailies were in Pandaland, and then it was replaced with literally nothing. The carcass of something was left behind but the content was instead repurposed to be turned into one of those boring, soulless 'fill up the meter' LFG raid slogs.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.