[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Purchase dried finger >Have it activated at all times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: dark-souls-3-patch-1.04.jpg (110 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-patch-1.04.jpg
110 KB, 750x422
>Purchase dried finger
>Have it activated at all times
>Play through the game being invaded constantly as you clear each area

This is how I like to pvp. I like to pvp throughout the entire world. I hate doing faggot fight clubs taking turns fighting in the same exact location. I like the challenge of fighting mobs and the invader as an additional enemy.

>Go back to a cleared area, dried finger
>No invaders can come, realize that invading is disabled in areas you've cleared

WHY. WHY THE FUCK can I not be invaded in an area I have cleared? Holy shit fuck this hack miyazaki who hates pvp and casualized the shit out of this game. It's bad enough I have a 30% health advantage over anyone who invades me, they're also not allowed to invade in places I've cleared. Fuck this shit and fuck this casual game.
>>
>>339732415
Pretty sure you've been safe from invasions after killing the boss in all the games, it's nothing new and it's supposed to be a reward for killing a boss.

I agree with you though that being invaded while making your way through levels is vastly superior to the fight clubs, maybe they should give you an item or covenant that lets you be invaded in previously cleared areas. Although the 3v3s after Sulivahn before the fight clubs started cropping up were pretty fun.
>>
>>339732415
>this game
Invasions stop after killing a boss in every Souls game.
>>
In DS2 you could be invaded in an area you cleared. I'd routinely go through difficult areas like Amana or fun areas like Iron Keep with a red string on and pvp throughout the entire area.

I don't see how people can enjoy fight clubs as the primary form of pvp. It's cool to check out a new build and get some practice but other than that pvping throughout an entire area is way more fun.

You can also join Way of the Blue and when you get invaded if a Blue shows up, a second Red will show up as well as long as you have Dried Finger active. You can get 2v2s doing this.
>>
You are one of a very small minority of people, that's why. Most use dried finger to summon three phantoms and carry them through the level and invasions.
>>
>>339734009

No they don't. Please familiarize yourself with the Souls series. In Ds2 you simply sit at a bonfire and remove the Human Effigy effect to restore the ability to be invaded.
>>
>>339734204
I use the dried finger if I get invaded.

In for a penny...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>339732415
>tfw didn't clear lothric castle and didn't trigger the boss
>tfw I just bait invaders and stay behind the boss door until they leave or a blue knight kills them
>>
>>339734228

That is in SotFS. In DS1, DS2, DS3, and BB if you beat an area, you cannot get invaded or summon people into it.
>>
>>339735738

It was like that in vanilla ds2 as well unless I'm going senile
>>
>>339735979
I wasn't invaded at all in vanilla DS2.
>>
>>339732415
>it's a "Dark Souls 2 had the better pvp" episode
>>
>Invade someone
>Its an honorabu faggot looking for pvp instead of someone trying to progress through the game
>No longer a game of stopping someone from getting to the door, now a game of walking up to someone waiting at the bonfire

No thanks, I'm glad you cant invade people who have cleared shit
>>
>>339736346

Except that it does, objectively.
>>
I don't like the PVP aspect of the series at all. I just play in offline mode.
>>
>>339736346
Dark souls 3 PvP is a shitshow (right now)
>>
>>339734902
>get invaded by red spirit
>use finger
>grapebro shows up
>kills the first invader
>waves goodbye
>>
>>339736484

This is probably why as I play through the levels with Dried Finger activated, I shit on everyone who invades me despite them having the mobs to help them.

You're all expecting someone not very good who is just trying to beat the game and instead you get someone better than you who is hoping to PvP. Probably why most of you run and chug behind mobs as soon as you start taking damage.
>>
File: alexei.jpg (20 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
alexei.jpg
20 KB, 267x400
>>339737002
Oh wow, you're so cool and good at the game, please acknowledge me senpai.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.