[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: view.jpg (385 KB, 1541x1920) Image search: [Google]
view.jpg
385 KB, 1541x1920
what went wrong?
>>
Rushing out a game for anniversary while trying to do new things and not being able to do all of them.
>>
Falling in love with a voice actress and trying to rewrite the story in the middle of development to give her a role
>>
You tell me anon. I've yet to pick it up. If I had to hazard a guess, based off what Tales of games I've played:

- Fun combat
- Multiplayer is gimped because Baba hates people who have friends
- Openworld design creates a fucking abomination of copy-pasted fields with the odd tree populating it in between landmarks/cutscenes
- Music might be a little better off now that Sakuraba didn't have to work on the soundtrack alone
- Story is basically an incomprihensible mess of anime tropes laced with a retarded cookie-cutter shonen main character
- But who gives a shit, give me summadem fucking skits

Seems like the usual Tales of-experience to me? Anybody feel free to correct me on this.

While we're at it, does the PC version run well?
>>
New battle system. Seems like they tried too hard to make it different. They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.
>>
>>316521717
It isn't Vesperia II, or a 2D Tales game.

I seriously don't know why they didn't stick to the Vesperia formula; every other 3D Tales game pales in comparison. Their fucking autistic fixation on always adding a tweak to their "Linear-Motion Battle System" is digging them a grave.
>>
File: 1390715289419.jpg (147 KB, 1010x810) Image search: [Google]
1390715289419.jpg
147 KB, 1010x810
>>316521717
I thought it was great I love the combat the plot and the characters.

The only things I disliked really were the camera when fighting in doors, the sparse empty environments and the dialog sometimes had a bit much exposition, also it's a bit dull towards the beginning and it ends with a collectothon quest.

I'd give it a 7/10 personally and like to think I'm a fairly harsh critic for the most part so I consider that a really good score.

Rose is my fave character.
>>
>>316521717
Armitization
>>
>>316522717
I rather have Xillia 2 battle system
>>
>>316521717
Felt a little rushed but I still enjoyed the game a lot
>>
File: 1396824975436.jpg (72 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1396824975436.jpg
72 KB, 600x800
>>316522824
Oh and I don't like the equipment system it kinda spoils getting new weapons.

But yeah real good JRPG looking forward to the next one.
>>
>>316522835
>PC3 + dial-a-combo shit
No thanks.
>>
>>316521717
The cast is pretty lame. Those characters at the back and middle of that cover art are the only good ones and only when they're interacting with each other.
>>
goddamnit, I just wanna play a good tales game and enjoy myself
>>
>>316522835
I don't want to know about your fucking scat fetish.
>>
>>316523458
Go replay one of your older favorites. Chances of Tales Series Studio getting their shit together are zero.
>>
File: 1415060924405.gif (436 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
1415060924405.gif
436 KB, 200x192
>>316523067
>>316523868
>Vesperiafags
>>
Grimdark for a tales gsme.
>>
>>316524562
>not liking borderline kusoge makes you a Vesperiafag
I did rather play Destiny and NDX too.
>>
>>316524562
>Xilliababbies

I do hope you know that your little fucking game is what's causing the Tales studio to be utter fucking shit right now.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.