[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Fox Zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Star Fox Zero.jpg (171 KB, 260x370) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox Zero.jpg
171 KB, 260x370
This gameplay is fun and varied with great controls.

Why did this game get scorned so much?
>>
>>339575592
because lazy twats who cant lift their pork arms
>>
I think the actual game is great. Just too fucking short. If I wasn't such a Star Fox fan I wouldn't have bought it for full price.
>>
>>339575592

You can't immediately jump into it and be amazing and there's actually a learning curve required for the gameplay changes. The "biggest" issue is that due to it being most All-Range Mode and unlike 64 enemies and bosses in all range mode have weak spots. The game requires you to master controlling the Arwing in 3D space in a generation where a lot of (non-Nintendo games) have automation in 3D games.

When you have a game like Batman: Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, Ass Creed, Shadows of Mordor that move your character to ensure you always hit your target even if you're not facing them. When instead a game that comes along and you're controlling a moving space ship with a free control turret and have to hit specific targets on moving enemies and the standard attack has no homing and demands precision.

People don't like admiting they just suck and need to learn, so they blame the game and pretend the games that do stuff for them have good controls.
>>
My only issue is that the dogfights and gyrowing parts kind of ruin the arcade-style pacing that the original and 64 had.
>>
>>339576283
Dogfights were fucking great man. Boss fights were bad tho.
>>
>>339576049
This
>>
>>339576403

I think the Boss Fights were brilliant. Especially Dodora, the Giant Spider Mech, the Worm on Titania and Aquarossa.
>>
>>339576495
>Giant Spider Mech
Only one I hate with a passion. Shooting down the legs would sometimes have me greeted by the boss getting up again right away, and it would take a while to get a good enough aim to shoot them down. That fight was so much of a pain that when the core opened I just threw bombs in it
>>
>>339575731
100% this
>>
>>339575731
Star Fox 64 is fucking short too. And doesn't SFZ come with a bonus game? Doesn't it also have medal rankings similar to Bayonetta too?

So how many hours did SFZ last you anon?
>>
File: big.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
big.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>339576495
>>
>>339576049

The gimmick controls is the last thing people hate about this game. It's basically Starfox 64 with gemecube graphics and more generic enemies/stroy
>>
File: Shigeru_Miyamoto.jpg (44 KB, 455x343) Image search: [Google]
Shigeru_Miyamoto.jpg
44 KB, 455x343
YOU SAY YOU DONT RIKE STARFOX ASSAULT, IT NOT ARCADE LIKE ENOUGH

SO I MAKE STARFOX ZERO

OOOOHHH AND NOW YOU RIKE STARFOX ASSAULT NOW. STARFOX ZERO TOO SHORT AND TOO MUCH LIKE 64

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU RIKE!! STARFOX IS CANCELLED JUST LIKE F ZERO
>>
>>339575592
Because the controls are garbage, the new gameplay ideas are all shit and it lacks content.
>>
>>339576049
>"it's so difficult that people hate it!"
Gimmicky controls. Try harder next time, pathetic denialist.
>>
people want their Starfox to be 95% on rail arwing, but Nintendo keeps trying to push all range and other vehicles.
>>
>>339575592
I liked it a lot thanks to the variety, but it is too short. I feel there's only enough value for the asking price if you factor Guard into the equation. I'm fine with that though.
>>
>>339575592
Loved it, its exactly what a Star Fox game should be

It's a bit on the short side but I've bought worse, I'd rather short and sweet than long and mediocre, I'd say its worth $40, not $60

Still the $20 aint such a big deal, I had a ton of fun with it, one of my favorite games this generation

I'm hoping that this is kind of like the new Star Wars movie, in that they are just showing they can still make a Star Fox game first before they go all-in in the sequel

So here's hoping to a fantastic follow-up, this game's great, Nintendo played it safe a lot and I think that's the game's only flaw, but they really needed to get the formula right above anything for this game so it's perfect

TL;DR Exactly what it should have been, and its great
>>
File: 36583586396.jpg (120 KB, 480x549) Image search: [Google]
36583586396.jpg
120 KB, 480x549
>>339581217
>they are just showing they can still make a Star Fox game first

They kind of failed on that front. They remade Star Fox 64 except shittier.
>>
>>339579340
At least now the franchise can rest. Maybe someone else will make a furries in space game.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.