[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Song of Ice & Fire RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1464470143222.jpg (4 MB, 6480x4296) Image search: [Google]
1464470143222.jpg
4 MB, 6480x4296
tldr - general discussion about a hypothetical open world, 3rd person RPG in the style of The Witcher 3, set in Essos from A Song of Ice and Fire.

Song of Ice and Fire/GoT fans, let's discuss! I'm going to share my ideas over the next few posts. Let me know what's good, what's shit, and what you'd like to see in a game like this.

The game begins, and you pick your race, gender and societal status. You name and customize your character, then you start in whichever city or region corresponds to your creation choices.

Choosing to be highborn would offer more luxuries at the start, like better higher initial weapon skills, better conversational/bartering skills, more money at the outset of the game, etc. The caveat being, you would be recognized easily and therefore more prone to robbery/attack. Being lowborn would offer anonymity/stealth and better survival skills, but you'd need to train your combat/bargaining skills, since you didn't have the benefit of lessons while growing up in a castle.

There would be some form of rank system (peasant, criminal, journeyman, mercenary, soldier, knight, lord, etc), a reputation meter that shows how you're perceived by the world, and a separate 'standing' meter for the cities/factions you encounter that will dictate how you're treated by the locals, guards, and lords. For example, Gregor Clegane would be hated/feared throughout Westeros, but since he's a knight and lord bannerman to the Lannisters, his standing with their allies would be high, allowing him special privileges in Lannister-affiliated territories and holds.

Cont.
>>
File: 1464351369319.jpg (813 KB, 851x849) Image search: [Google]
1464351369319.jpg
813 KB, 851x849
>>339533080
Once you've created your character, there would be multiple ways to progress. Highborn could become knights/ranking officers in the army, travelling businessmen or landlords, a naval commander in Braavos, etc.

Lowborn could join the fighting pits, become an independent sellsword, join a mercenary group, become a trader and buy/sell their way to wealth, join a pirate crew, or even join the Faceless Men.

Highborn can join any of the lowborn factions as well, but it will be more difficult in some instances because of their fame (a highborn would take longer to find and join the Faceless Men because of their family ties, etc) and their reputation would take a hit, since it might be seen as beneath them. The opposite would also be true to some extent. A lowborn could raise his reputation to respectable levels by being altruistic, amassing wealth, accomplishing missions/deeds, etc.

Cont.
>>
File: 1464470142133.jpg (30 KB, 630x349) Image search: [Google]
1464470142133.jpg
30 KB, 630x349
>>339533193
There would be an overarching story involving the Five Forts and the Grey Waste. The Free Cities/Slaver's Bay/Braavos would be the main population centres. Yi Ti and Asshai/The Shadow Lands would factor prominently, and of course old Valyria would be an end game area you can explore once you're powerful enough to go there. Carcosa and the Hidden Sea would also be visited. Once you make it to certain cities like Asshai or Qarth or Carcosa etc, you would have the option to train as a shadowbinder/pyromancer/fire priest/greenseer/whichever magic is most prominent in the region, which would also have an effect on your reputation/standing depending where you are and how the locals perceive magic.

Skills and abilities would be handled like Skyrim, to encourage different/interesting builds. Use swords to get better with swords, climb walls and practice parkour to get better at breaking into places/escaping guards, use throwing weapons and bows to up your ranged abilities. You'd get early access to magic depending on your creation choices. For example, if your choices led you to start in Asshai, you'd get early access to magic. Whereas, if you start in Pentos or Braavos, you'd have to find a sorcerer or go to Asshai to train.
>>
>set in Essos from A Song of Ice and Fire
Set in what from what
>>
File: 1464298984490.jpg (234 KB, 620x2276) Image search: [Google]
1464298984490.jpg
234 KB, 620x2276
>>339533312
The Dothraki would feature as enemies, because the Dothraki are fucking scum. Towns near the Dothraki Sea would periodically be raided or destroyed, and defending the villages from Dothraki invaders would be an example of one way to raise your reputation with the world, but lower your standing with the Dothraki.

Characters from the books would sometimes feature, mostly in stories or just as part of a quest. For example, you might come across a village that was just raided by Euron Greyjoy, or maybe one of Varys' spies pays you for information.

The only companies that could possibly make this game would be CD Projekt Red or Rockstar. It would be ridiculously huge, and stuff would no doubt have to be cut, but I think a game this size would be possible in 2-4 years, after seeing what games like GTA V and The Witcher 3 can do.

So that's what I've got. What do you think?
>>
>>339533413
See map in OP.

Song of Ice and Fire = the books Game of Thrones is based on. Essos is the eastern continent in that map.
>>
>ideas guy: the thread
>>
>>339533957
They should really be paying me for these.
>>
>>339533080
Is this map map canon?
I don't remember any of those lands past the Bone Mountains being mentioned in the books or in the TV series.
>>
>>339533080
Why don't you just play A Game of Thrones, it's got 90% of what you seek.

>>339534457
It's canon Anon.
>>
>>339533080
>essos

why not have westeros and above the wall too since we are IMAGINING
>>
>>339534895
Westeros is explored pretty thoroughly in the book and show, so is north of the Wall. Essos is much more interesting.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.