[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder to not let your inner fanboy get your hopes up for NX's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: NintendoNexus.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
NintendoNexus.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
Reminder to not let your inner fanboy get your hopes up for NX's internal hardware.
>>
Anyone who expects high spec hardware from Nintendo is a fool. Nintendo makes great mid-spec hardware that generally has some special feature absent from other game systems. That is what you should expect from NX. If you're allergic to gimmicks and refuse to play on a system that doesn't compensate for your tiny penis then Nintendo is not the choice for you.
>>
>>339498698
>Nintendo makes great mid-spec hardware
They haven't done that since Gamecube. They released the Wii U around 6-7 years after the PS3 and Xbox 360 and it was only marginally more powerful -- they also had the gumption to charge only $50 less than a PS4 for it.
>refuse to play on a system that doesn't compensate for your tiny penis
Or it's about value for money and not being charged full, contemporary retail prices for hardware approaching a half-decade+ old.
>>
>>339499037
I agree with the criticism that their pricing strategy has not been great in the 8th generation. Both the 3DS and WiiU launched with prices that proved to be too high (however I don't think it's as simple as "the component costs should = the price"). Kimishima has acknowledges this as well so hopefully that area sees improvement with the NX.
>>
>>339498698
that wasn't the case until the Wii. bought it on launch, never have I ever been so disappointed in my life.

it's hard to let go.
>>
>>339500040
Nintendo has been using that strategy since the Game Boy
>>
That's just a fan image, right?
>>
>>339500218
no it's real, go check twitter
>>
>>339499037
>implying the gamecube wasn't the most powerful console
>>
>>339500129
But up until the Wii it had been limited to handhelds. Consoles had been at least trying to compete hardware wise
>>
>>339498698
All consoles use APUs or MCMs. They'll be about as powerful as a low-to-mid end laptop, which might be better than a toaster you had 5 years ago but still a far cry from a mid-to-high end PC of today.
>>
>>339500374
Gamecube was not the most powerful console hardware -- that was Xbox. Gamecube did some things better than PS2, but it was not leaps and bounds ahead of anything.
>>
fan mockups like that always crack me up. no piece of technology has ever looked like that
>>
>>339498483
>it can play old carts while using CD tray
Totally real
>>
>>339498483
All I hope for is Nintendo get a good contract deal.

I have to tell ya though, much as I hate Cupcakes and Rogers, I'm not having a good feeling about the NX hardware's choices.

>>339500218
This was like before Wii was announced.
>>
>>339500129
not really. the Game Boy had pretty decent hardware compared to other handhelds released at the time. at least they did their homework and released the best setup they could without charging an outrageous amount for it or going bankrupt.

and all the features in the original Game Boy are just what you'd expect from a portable gaming system, not gimmicks. you could argue all the addons fit the bill but the difference is that they were never the focus.
>>
It really shouldn't matter

As long as he NX is more powerful than the Wii U than it'll be fine
>>
>>339500887
The Wii U was more powerful than the Wii and it wasn't fine.
>>
I just don't get it. whoever made that image could have made whatever he wanted. he was free to make the slickest console design ever seen. The only limit was his imagination. and he came up with THAT
>>
>>339501173
I think it's fine. Or rather that its problems are not on the hardware side.
>>
>>339498483
>Blue-Ray™
At least spell the thing the right way if you're going to do some shitty fakes
>>
>>339501469
it certainly doesn't help, that's for sure.

>>339501475
I think that fake is almost a decade old.
>>
I'm more worried about the lack of games.
>>
>>339501661
Doesn't mean they couldn't spell it right 10 years ago.
>>
>>339501469
>its problems are not on the hardware side.
They most certainly are. Third parties don't want to take the time or effort to port games and Nintendo can't make games any faster than they already are.
>>
>>339502026
Third parties didn't want to port even when their games were 360/PS3 multiplats, and for the first two years of the PS4/XO, most third parties were releasing their games cross-gen with 360/PS3 anyway, so it would be a lie to place the blame for shoddy third party support on the hardware in the case of Wii U. On Wii it was more of a real factor.
>>
>>339502332
>so it would be a lie to place the blame for shoddy third party support on the hardware in the case of Wii U
Except its not a lie fuckface, devs have gone on record saying this
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/the-next-generation-according-to-game-developers
>>
>>339502870
You're an idiot.
>>
>>339502332
It's almost like jumping into a gen quite late and hoping for down ports for a few years is a bad strategy. The retail public isn't quite as dumb as they are often made out to be.
>>
>>339501173

Different situation anon

The NX is jumping mid gen

Meaning it can gain back the third party support for current hardware
>>
>>339502980
ok champ
>>
>>339503028
I don't see how it's all that different from the Wii U. There are still 55-60 million people who have already picked up a PS4 and an Xbone. Even assuming the upgraded models don't sell all that well, it's going to be interesting to see how many people either switch or decide to pick one up for Nintendo games.
>>
File: CentipedesVagina.jpg (34 KB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
CentipedesVagina.jpg
34 KB, 720x300
Everyone thats been paying attention knows that the NX is going to be the Nvida shield 2.0. I'm not really sure if that is a good or bad thing.
>>
>>339503624
I'm assuming it's going to use a single Tegra SoC from Nvidia's Drive PX2 computer for autonomous cars, just without the Denver cores.
>>
>>339503624
Nvidia shield was a great piece of hardware for running emulators on.
>>
File: Nx.png (995 KB, 1108x985) Image search: [Google]
Nx.png
995 KB, 1108x985
Here I made a mockup of it.
>>
>>339503624
I'm not sure how viable that is in a non-android environment, seeing how clunky Android is.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.