[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RACING GAMES INTRODUCION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: Racing-Games-2.jpg (85 KB, 610x366) Image search: [Google]
Racing-Games-2.jpg
85 KB, 610x366
After listening for more than 3 hours Eurobeat I want to get into this genre.
My PC can handle anything but I would like what games give the best experiences? I want to feel an adrenaline rush bros.
>>
nfsmw
>>
File: 250px-SWracer.jpg (27 KB, 250x294) Image search: [Google]
250px-SWracer.jpg
27 KB, 250x294
Any other direction aside from wanting to get pumped?

This, >>339456562 (not the newer one) is great racing through streets evading cops and all. Really arcade-y but fun as hell.

Trackmania is different, pretty much just intense time trials on short courses. Also arcade-y. I believe some part of the series is still free if you want to see if you want to get into it. I haven't played the newest one yet but it looks fine.

If you're looking for a realistic rally game, Dirt Rally is excellent although a bit too loose on the physics and damage to be a sim. Leaning more towards the sim side of things there's the classic RBR which is still the king of rally games.

I believe there was a PC release of pic related which is a fucking masterpiece but a bit of a pain to get working on modern PCs. If you have an N64 that's fine too. also if you have an N64, you're doing yourself a disservice if you haven't played Beetle Adventure Racing. Don't let the licensed car fool you, the track design in this game is some of the most creative and fun I've ever seen. It doesn't emulate amazingly unfortunately and it's not on any virtual console.

I think Trackmania is the best to blast eurobeat to out of these.
>>
>>339457315
What Trackmania do you recommend?

I like games with a good single player campaign so I don't know if I can get that from racing games. I like to feel like I'm progressing, probably modifying my car or getting more options and tracks as I get better. I like arcade styled games.
>>
>>339457863
NFSMW from 2005 has a good singleplayer campaign with progress and car modifications. It looks a bit dated though
>>
>>339457863
TrackMania Nations Forever. It's free. If you like that consider checking out the rest of the series in whatever order.
The "campaign" is playing through all the different tracks, unlocking harder and harder ones as you get medals on them. iirc some of the last tracks only unlock if you can get a gold on every single other one which is not at all easy.

There's also online multiplayer where you're all running the same track at the same time with collision disabled. You'll have like a 5-10 minute block where everyone's trying to get the best time on the track somewhere in there. I'm not too big on multiplayer but I like seeing others and learning from them kinda like watching their ghosts but live.

NFSMW has more of the progression you might want. Racing for pink slips to rivals cars and getting money along the way to get upgrades and customization. I'm not even sure if there is a multiplayer mode.
>>
GRID
Dirt Rally.
>>
>>339458174
Is there anything more pleasant to the eye? I have no problem with dated graphics it is just me being a faggot.

What about the new Outrun games?
>>
>>339456118
Nitronic Rush
mandatory must play freeware, from the same guys who made Distance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVcSxnJHL0Q
>>
>>339456118
I used to love NFSU2 but honestly I haven't played much of the genre since then so I don't know of any of the newer titles.
>>
>>339458584
He's lying the game manages to look great after 10 years somehow. Grab the resolution hack to bump it up to whatever your screen resolution is and you're set.
>>
>>339458698
Oh fuck yeah, play that OP.

Was it Nitronic Rush or Distance that has the battletoads stage?
>>
You need a wheel and a racing sim, the learning curve is very tough.
You can't go as fast as Takumi, feel what he feels, the adrenaline...if you don't know how to hold a wheel, shift and use pedals.
Maybe you want to "go fast while listening to Eurobeat, pretending to be Takumi", in which case the game for you is NFS: Most Wanted, the old one, not the reboot...with a controller.
>>
>>339456118
Guessing with the eurobeat backing you want arcade experiences with low learning curves. Go for Burnout Paradise/ NFS Most Wanted (modern one) would be a good jump off. Split Second and Blur are a few years older but had decent PC ports--both aimed at giving you that "adrenaline rush" you desire.

I play open-wheel racing simulators (iRacing, Project Cars with no assists, the F1 games when they don't suck) so I have less "fun" but shaving a second off my Monaco time was the reward in itself.
>>
Most people suck NSFMW's dick, but I'm more partial to NFSU2. Most Wanted would probably win the NFS crown for me, if it wasn't for the insane rubber banding and cheating AI. However, MW is definitely more challenging and adrenaline-packed for it, NFSU2 is pretty comfy (always night, no cops, great atmosphere).

I like Gran Turismo. You can emulate anything up to GT4 well. But it's really less about racing and more about building up your garage. Its selling point is definitely the selection of cars. This might be a game that looks attractive to you after you've already played a while.

Gonna reiterate what the others said: GRID and Dirt Rally. Dirt Rally is very difficult in comparison to the other games here, but fun as fuck.

Can't believe nobody has suggested Burnout Paradise yet. I like Burnout 3 better, but Burnout Paradise is still really fucking fun.
>>
I fucking love GRID.

The game isn't very in depth compared to other arcady controlled but realistic looking racing games, but the actual races can be very intense. 24hr le mans makes you feel like a fucking hero even when you don't win.
>>
>>339459126
TAKE ME DOWN TO PARADISE CITY

I really liked NFS Undercover despite it being easy. It reminded me a lot of MW in good ways. Is that an unpopular opinion?
>>
>>339459356
WHERE THE GRASS IS GREEN AND THE GIRLS ARE PRETTY

>Is that an unpopular opinion?
It sure is, but who fucking cares. I can't really tell, I only played it very briefly, I don't even remember when. After Carbon, I lost interest in the series with its ups and downs. Pro Street hurt a lot, that games had potential but was a mess. That was the last try I gave NFS.
>>
There is only one racing game that successfully recreates the initial D feel. And it ain't the shitty initial D games.
>>
>>339458824
nitronic has it
its at 11min in the video
>>
I've watched about five episodes of Initial D. Is it worth going on? Which parts are worthwhile, which ones aren't (as in, which seasons)?

I'm asking because, while I love the races and the slightly dated CGI cars, the slice-of-life crap is killing me. Especially because the characters look dreadful.
>>
File: breddy gud dagumi.jpg (107 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
breddy gud dagumi.jpg
107 KB, 431x450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGVXuO5gNH4
>>
>>339459732
>Grid 2
>That music
0/10
>>
File: 1464420664373.png (545 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
1464420664373.png
545 KB, 512x768
>>339459732
>Dubstep
you're like an experiment from the government in being an enormous faggot
>>
In the unlikely event that you have an Xbone, Forza Horizon 2 is pretty much the best arcade racer in existence.
>>
>>339459905
>>339459835

the face of autism
>>
File: 1454455462331.jpg (18 KB, 380x383) Image search: [Google]
1454455462331.jpg
18 KB, 380x383
>>339457315
I recently found my old copy of that podracing game, has it always been this easy or does the AI ramp up in the later cups? I've been blowing by everything after getting a single top speed upgrade.

>tfw the sequel is bland and boring
>>
>>339460220
No autism here, Your music is just shit.
>>
>>339456562
>>339458174
>>339458394
>>339459126
NSFMW? Like in Need for Speed: Most Wanted? THAT game, not some remake I am not aware of? THE NSFMW as in pic related?

Is this some /v/ meme I'm not familiar with?

That game has turned the entire series into utter trash. The modifications are limited to bodykits, cars drive like shit, whole story with all these cheesy cutscenes are trash, but what's worst - those fucking cops.
The game is openworld-ish, meaning you come up to a place with some marker, start a race, finish and go on from the place the race ended. BUT - if the cops were chasing you (and they will), you will need to get rid of them. By the end of the game, the cops are an army of racing terminator-robocop hybrids annoying the shit out of you.
>>
Why would you play a game where you race in a car instead of playing a game where you fly a space ship?
>>
>>339460272
pretty sure it's actually that easy. I replayed with the PC version recently and it was really easy. especially boosting as often as I could.

play with the two controller arcade controls. RRDUAL

>>339460376
There is another NFSMW that isn't a remake afaik. I like the cops. The bounty chases were fun. Actually losing them isn't all that hard until the end of the game anyways.

It's definitely not the same NFS as the older games though, out of those I'd say PU is the best.
>>
>>339460361
>I posted the video so it MUST be mine
>50,000 views

yep you have autism
>>
>>339460376
it's not realistic, but it's still a shit load of fun flying at 200+ mph and slamming into a patrol cruiser sending it to the moon. Open world can be fun for cruising as long as you're up for a police challenge.
>>
>>339460376
>quote me
>when I've said it's not my favourite
Retard.

Also, apparently you don't know that NFS' defining feature was never car customisation, so great logic there. That shit only got popularised with the two Underground titles that directly preceded it.
>>
>>339460592
You made a choice to post a video of a terrible game that has terrible music.

Don't be mad when people point out that you made a shit decision.
>>
>>339457315
Came to post this, basically the best star wars game ever made

>>339460272
If you play all or nothing and min max it's basically easy mode, you should be able to lap them on most maps Except Abyss
>>
File: 1396102403947.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1396102403947.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Which PC games (not necessarily racing) lets me make itasha?
>>
>>339457315
>a bit too loose on the physics and damage to be a sim
The damage I'll give you because the game will basically never give you absolutely critical damage. You can always spin the wheels and your engine is encased to survive explosive shells practically. The physics though are get the rough feeling of off road way better than RBR who treats cars as both far lighter and the ground far more slippery than it should be. RBR is harder, but only RBR die hards would really argue it gets physics particularly right in terms of realism.
>>
>>339460376
>By the end of the game, the cops are an army of racing terminator-robocop hybrids annoying the shit out of you.
I remember having a hard time just keeping the cops CHASING ME by the end of the game, when I was going for the top bounty score
every single time they would get hit by stupid shit and I wouldn't be able to find another in time to continue the chase
>>
>>339461558
I don't have pedals or shifters, is there a clutch and can you stall in Dirt Rally? I've tried with sequential shifting on a controller and you can slam a car that's stopped into 6th gear and get moving even uphill which is kinda disappointing.
I think I'm having way more fun with dirt than RBR but there's a few tracks that I really want to see in Dirt (like mineshaft)
>>
File: RR-ReikoNagase19.jpg (11 KB, 236x175) Image search: [Google]
RR-ReikoNagase19.jpg
11 KB, 236x175
R I D G E R A C E R
Terrific arcade racing. Most people recommend Type 4 or Rage Racer, although I highly recommend 64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2EKCqfC4Sk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rooM0U596J0
>>
To reiterate some examples here:

GRID 1 is great, get grid 2 if you can get it really, really cheap and Grid Autosport is pretty good too.
Dirt 3 and Dirt Rally.
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010
Outrun 2006 Coast2Coast (gonna have to pirate this as its not on steam anymore)
Flatout and maybe Flatout 2/Ultimate Carnage. DO NOT GET FLATOUT 3.

With a good pc run a ps2 emulator with:
Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3
Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero
Initial D Special Stage
Auto Modelista
Any NFS you care for (Underground 2, Most Wanted, Carbon etc.)
Gran Turismo 4
Outrun 2006 (might be easier than pirating)
Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
Motorstorm Arctic Edge

Run PPSSPP to play:
Ridge Racer 2
Initial D Street Stage
Wipeout Pure/Pulse
Sega Rally
Street Supremacy

That should be enough for a while.
>>
Outrun Coast2Coast

Best fucking soundtrack, awesome locations
>>
>>339461837
mah nigga
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.