[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here play uplink/onlink?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (20 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
20 KB, 460x215
Does anyone here play uplink/onlink?
>>
>>339453001

I have played it. It was a very good game, even if it was nothing to look at.

>tfw robbing a bank
>>
>>339453141
It is way better than hacknet too, even though hacknet was already very enjoyable
>>
>>339453001
I haven't been able to play it after the time I pretended to be the revolver ocelot of fake hacking, hacked my own hacking company to find the names of all the hackers, help keep them safe, pretend to be working for the evil religious hacking crazies so I could betray them for the "good" hacking guys trying to keep this internet safe and running, and save the internet just so 10 minutes later I could frame every single uplink agent for computer crimes and bank fraud (probably bankrupting) several companies in the process, arresting the owners of uplink, and putting all my money in government shares before erasing my own social, academic and criminal records and destroying my own terminal.

Its a fun game if you don't take it very seriously.
>>
File: 1458348353151.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1458348353151.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>339453001
the fuck is onlink?

>>339453364
hacknet sucks, it's basically a text adventure game in the form of a pseudo-ssh interface.
>>
>>339454049
Bumping: What the FUCK is onlink? Anyone actually tried it? Google turns up a download but almost no actual info.
>>
>>339455227
You suck a Google, check out this mostly placeholder wiki http://www.ferrousmoon.com/wiki/index.php/Onlink
>>
>>339455227
the guides have more information http://www.ferrousmoon.com/wiki/index.php/Onlink_guide
>>
>>339455227
>>339454049
Its a mod for uplink which almost doubles the stuff you can do.

Eg. More programs, more types of servers, more mission types (eg. Edit dns records), you can look at what connections there are

Its just awesome
>>
>>339453001
Onlink is my jam even if that shit is a bit cryptic at times, but that's one of the reasons I like it so much I suppose. It reminds me of the age when you had to get into games blind because there was very little to go off.

update when
>>
>>339455840
>>339455825
>>339455739

Honestly the onlink wiki wasn't coming up at all on duckduckgo so their/my bad there.

Thanks guys, I'll try this shit out, I didn't even realise uplink had a modding scene beyond the original modlink days. I still remember people competing to make land network puzzles, and terrible themes using flames and black, or red lightning.
>>
>>339456245
It's too bad the LAN interface kinda sucks.

I miss the days of Uplink modding though. Great stuff like the FBI mod, International Medical Database...
>>
>>339455840
addendum: you also have to manage your ram, can have auxillary gateways (fileserver), keyboard shortcuts, more security systems and ways to break it (hashes)
>>
>>339453001
> report this thread if you wish watchdog 2 uses uplink as I game hacking

That would be really really nice, but to bad I don't give a damn to ubishit software.
>>
>>339457371
watch dogs is just a piece of garbage in a sea of waste
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.