[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has no other MMo used a Runescape/Skyrim/Fantasy Life style
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: skills_interface[1].png (63 KB, 240x335) Image search: [Google]
skills_interface[1].png
63 KB, 240x335
Why has no other MMo used a Runescape/Skyrim/Fantasy Life style leveling system?
>>
>>339360120
Because it's hard as shit to balance.

Let's do some extreamly basic thinking here.

Take Skyrim, max out a character, and then go kill the Ebony Warrior in your Legendary Dragonbone Armor fully enchanted with bonus damage, health, and stamina.

You clean the floor with him. No question. He's likely the hardest "Boss" in the game, and if you cheese your character, you can even one-hit him.

Now take that exact same character and put it into a PvP situation, or a Dungeon boss fight with a group, or even a mob killing situation.

It just doesn't work.

On top of that, stealth systems have always sucked in MMOs.
>>
>>339360426
>i have only played skyrim: the post
>>
File: 1463662817931.png (17 KB, 882x758) Image search: [Google]
1463662817931.png
17 KB, 882x758
Why cant we have another mmo with a huge world, loot on death, work hard for a tiny bit of money and unique quest system

I miss those times where I started the game and could choose between 800x600 and 640×480 resolution or so
>>
File: rs_wallpaper_04_800.jpg (82 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
rs_wallpaper_04_800.jpg
82 KB, 800x600
Only true old war veterans know about this long forgotten pic related pic
>>
>>339360426
But it worked for Runescape, What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>339362694
Holy shit that dude has monster feet
>>
>>339362749
>It worked in a game where combat is click & wait!

In a real AAA MMO, that system would not work.

A WoW-like with that system would be a disaster.
>>
>>339362608
Everything comes full circle. Just wait it out.
>>
>>339362859
Works ok for EOC combat, which is quite similar to WoW.
>>
>>339362859
Have you ever even played Runescape? Or any game other than Skyrim for that matter?

There's only a few skills that affect combat, and the rest of it is for making equipment and money. There's nothing different about being max level in WoW and being max level in hitpoints, strength, attack and defense in runescape.
>>
>>339362859
But every MMO is basically click and wait.
>>
>>339362859
Do you just not understand how content balance works? The leveling system is arbitrary so long as anything that scales has a cap
>>
>>339360120
Failure scrolls online does this since it's similar to skyrim. Min/maxing with racial passives will grant you the best dps, but you can make a mage and still be a viable stamina 2hand/ sword & board/ bow user.
>>
>>339362694
I had this as my desktop background for fucking ages
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.