[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, are there any mods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: 1464424135247.jpg (113 KB, 680x1335) Image search: [Google]
1464424135247.jpg
113 KB, 680x1335
Just got S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, are there any mods that are recommended for a first time through?

Not really looking for content mods, but performance/graphics enhancing ones.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>339157601
Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
File: 1460068413815.jpg (15 KB, 180x192) Image search: [Google]
1460068413815.jpg
15 KB, 180x192
>>339157697
Thanks Anon, this is perfect.
>>
File: stalker mod choosing guide 2.3.png (160 KB, 1853x818) Image search: [Google]
stalker mod choosing guide 2.3.png
160 KB, 1853x818
>>339157916
Np, broski!
Good hunting, Stalker. Remember: patience is a virtue that leads to great rewards.

When you're done with the vanilla (-like) games, here's a neat chart that lets you find some more extreme mods of your liking.
I'm personally very fond of good ol' AMK1.4, which does however require game to be patched to 1.0004 to work smooth.
>>
File: AMK Mod Guide 3.1.jpg (645 KB, 1200x1816) Image search: [Google]
AMK Mod Guide 3.1.jpg
645 KB, 1200x1816
>>339158101
Since I mentioned AMK, I might as well post its guide + DL link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8wm243dsc0dlwm7/AMK1.4-installer%2BPatches%2BRetranslated.zip

Here's some optional bonuses for it, starting with the Arsenal addon:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fbfgs0606k65jbi/AMK_Arsenal_V1.7z

And if vanilla's gun models start to look dated, here's LURK ARMS addon for AMK arsenal:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bm3b5z6rn6l3mmd/LURK+Animations+for+AMK.7z

Needless to say, this mod's quite HC, even if it looks quite vanilla-ish. Wouldn't recommend for first-timers, or ADHD folks.
>>
>>339157601
>Just got S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
>first time through
I envy you.
Be sure to bring some nice, atmospheric music with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkpT3eS001M&list=WL&index=71
>>
>>339158832
Way to ruin the atmosphere with that shit. How about using the game's own ambient?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IpfjwuU4u0
>>
>>339158101
I found CS' I work alone mod interesting, but unfortunately it didn't work properly for me.
So I played it with the Reloaded mod again 2~3 years ago and liked that. It's a decent overhaul and improvement.

>>339158932
>Way to ruin the atmosphere with that shit.
Get raped and never recover.
>>
>>339159150
>I found CS' I work alone mod interesting
I'm pretty sure that's a CoP mod.
Also, it was the predecessor for the now super popular MISERY mod.

All in all, CS is the one game that really requires all the fixes you can get. To which the Starter Pack is great, as it contains the official patch + SRP mod + visual mods like ShadersMax and Abs.Nature, that help the performance too.
>>
I've never played any Stalker, but I'm downloading CoP now. I want the mod that has most stuff and is the greatest overall.

Is it Misery?
>>
lurk mod is pretty much all you need
>>
>>339159150
Kill yourself weebshit
>>
>>339161030
>never played Stalker
>downloading the LAST game with least explanation of anything
your mistake #1

>thinking of starting with THE most controversial, hardcore mod of all time
your gigantic mistake #2.

Look at >>339157697, and follow the instructions.
>>
>>339161614
Edgy.
>>
File: SCOP_Hawaiian_Mugshot.png (312 KB, 394x511) Image search: [Google]
SCOP_Hawaiian_Mugshot.png
312 KB, 394x511
ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA
>>
AAAЙ MЛЯЯ MACЛИHУ ПOЙMAЛ
>>
>>339162097
>telling someone to get raped isn't edgy but telling them to kill themselves is

Kill yourself tumblrite
>>
>>339157601
>any mods that are recommended for a first time through?

AMK. Don't listen to faggots telling you to go vanilla on the first playthrough. Vanilla STALKER is a mediocre experience that rarely makes you feel in danger or genuinely scared to go on outside of a few scripted events. AMK is brutal, where every misstep might mean instant death and exploration is a constant inner fight between curiosity and dread. To balance things out your guns actually shoot bullets instead of paper pellets.
You have one chance to wander into The Zone as it was meant to be blind, don't waste it.
>>
>>339162362
CБOКУ! CБOКУ ЗAХOДИ!
>>
Make sure you use complete mod, vanilla sucks.
>>
>>339162929
>complete

shit b8 m8
>>
>>339162867
I love AMK to bits, and it feels weird playing without it nowadays, but I really, and I mean seriously would NOT recommend starting with it.

Patched vanilla is the way to go. It has this fine balance and mood to everything, that even AMK totally butchers.
>>
>>339158101
Been ages since I last modded ShoC (stopped at DMM+Anon or whatever it was called), how's stability and bug free-nes of, say, Secret Trails 2, OGSE or Soup?
Last I remember, couldn't make the latter two work, but it was long time ago.
>>
>>339163203
Vanilla SoC is nice and atmospheric for the first hour or two until you realize you're safe unless you walk into the pulsating clouds of leaves that even make a nice warning sound so you can avoid them. Everything else? Just facetank it spamming medkits. Were there even enemies that posed a real threat in vanilla?

Also OP, get the Stashed mod. Exploring the forgotten edges of the map, discovering a nice hidden cache just to learn it's empty because you didn't get a PDA pointing to it is pure bullshit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.