[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does this game gets compared to OW?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Battleborn.jpg (140 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Battleborn.jpg
140 KB, 960x540
srs question

you can compare BB with:
Warframe
Destiny
SMITE
LoL (for pvp)
WoW (campaing co-op is like a dungeon/miniraid)

So i dont get it, ive played both games OW and BB, and they are way different
>>
It's a team shooter you dumb fuck stop playing semantics. The BB PR team have directly compared their game to overwatch on Twitter and the likes
>>
>>339141636
Except it plays totally differently. Overwatch has no leveling system and no "MOBA" style of gameplay.

Overwatch is TF2 and BB is Monday Night Combat in PVP and Borderland in PVE.
>>
Because Overwatch has no real competition for it's genre aside from TF2, and the people that play that aren't really going anywhere. Blizz ' s best marketing idea was to shit on anything remotely similar to OW because the platform for the game is basically "Casual Magnet with Competitive Scene". BB was prime for that because tons of people hate gearbox/Anthony Burch anyway and it was an easy target.

It kinda worked since BB looks casual as fuck, but actually has a deeper (I use that term very lightly) meta game since objective control is forced and you can't just run around killing other players. So the average shitter will pick look at BB, see it's more difficult than OW, and since they're told OW is a comparison, will just buy OW instead.
>>
>>339141636
Only after OW did the same, and everyone at gearbox is a meme spouting fuck, so of course the retaliated.
>>
File: fixed.gif (2 MB, 245x188) Image search: [Google]
fixed.gif
2 MB, 245x188
>>339141908
>tons of people hate gearbox/Anthony Burch anyway and it was an easy target.
Just a reminder that /v/ makes up 0.01% of all gamers.
>>
>>339141636
>team shooter

with your logic you can compare LoL/Dota with Starcraft
>>
>>339142418
but none of those games are shooters
>>
>>339142239
/v/ isn't the only one who shits on him. I've seen reddit and twitter screen caps that do the same. Not being Anthony Burch is a meme outside of /v/.
>>
All I can say is that I got it for just 22e and Im loving it so far. OW is probably just as fun, I haven't tried it, but this one is great
>>
>>339141963
You mean after a fired probably intern got passive aggressive.
>>339141636
Don't forget how they tried to back pedal afterwards
>>
File: Man Eats Live Cow.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Man Eats Live Cow.webm
2 MB, 640x360
BB made the comparison themselves and got put down for it.
>>
>>339142675
JACK NOOOO
>>
>>339141480
Because of that Facebook/Twitter post where BB stated they were competing with Overwatch. Does anybody here have it?
>>
>>339141908
BB went after OW first, not the other way around, though.
>>
>>339142925
My order of events is foggy, I could've sworn OW started the shit flinging.
>>
File: 1463658990423.png (625 KB, 557x904) Image search: [Google]
1463658990423.png
625 KB, 557x904
>>339142834
This was after some mild yet positive comment by overwatch iirc.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.