[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to start the Persona/SMT series. Where do I start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1463538739646.png (67 KB, 283x288) Image search: [Google]
1463538739646.png
67 KB, 283x288
Want to start the Persona/SMT series.
Where do I start?
>>
>>339098967

Can't speak for SMT, but Persona 3 is one of my all time favorite games because I'm just a casual faggot.

Persona 4 is probably the most easily accessible, but I recommend playing it after 3. If you play Persona 4 first you'll be spoiled by the little things they fixed and become frustrated. For example, you can only control yourself in 3 and your party is entirely AI (unless you play P3P which I recommend cause Female Route) and just in general lack of variety in the dungeon crawling.

There are a lot of fans who will lynch you if you're like me and one of the fags who started with Persona 3 instead of being a hipster or some bullshit, so might want to ask them.
>>
>>339098967

Persona 3 FES for the Playstation 2.

P3P has a female protag option at the expense of watered down pretty much everything.
>>
>>339101076

P3P is a great game for a second run, in my opinion. Though the ability to control your teammates was so damn welcome. Fuck you Mitsuru stop fucking using Marin Karin.
>>
>>339098967
From the start. When you reach SMT if, then you can choose to branch into either Persona or SMT. Be warned, you can't go back when you make this choice.
>>
>>339100726
>Persona 4 is probably the most easily accessible, but I recommend playing it after 3. If you play Persona 4 first you'll be spoiled by the little things they fixed and become frustrated.

Personally for me I don't think I would been able to stand Persona 4 if I didn't play it as my first Persona game. They remove so much stuff that they had in Persona 3 even if ignoring FES. Persona 4 is more user friendly but in terms of gameplay some people might see it as a downgrade.

Of course though opinions. That just so happen to be my on the matter.

As for SMT game try Digital Devil Saga 1 then 2. It is a standalone series with the same gameplay as the main series (turn press system) and it is very forgiving as every skill you learn you can add/remove freely as much as you want. On most SMT games once you replace a spell/skill then you will never be able to get it back without creating/finding a new demon altogether. The game itself is also great for what it is, just expect a ton of Hindu symbolism on the 2nd one.
>>
File: smt4_071013_1600.jpg (422 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
smt4_071013_1600.jpg
422 KB, 1600x600
3 FES
Nocturne or 4
>>
>>339098967
don't
>>
Play SMT IV
>>
>>339098967
>Persona
1, 3, or 4. I'd pick between 3 or 4 though because the first few games aged poorly. If you go with 4, go with P4G because it's pretty much the definitive version of the game. As for 3, I'd argue P3P is the better experience despite not having bad models that do Soejima's art a disservice and 2006-tier anime cutscenes. You can control your entire party, FeMC is pretty much better than the male MC, and she has better music too.

>SMT
IV or Strange Journey. IV would probably be the better choice because Strange Journey is kinda repetitive and hard.
>>
>>339101413
Should I? Does the game get better after that horrendous start? I love the series but after having my save wiped off I'm reluctant to start again, all that grind just to be able to survive a fight at the lower levels.
>>
>>339102026
The game is ez mode after going through Naraku.
>>
>>339101324
> It is a standalone series with the same gameplay as the main series
The DDS games are good but that's not really true, they're missing all of the series' signature mechanics like demon negotiation and fusion, apart from press turn but that was only used in a few games anyway. They still wouldn't be bad to start with though, I agree.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.