[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
English demo is finally out for the new Odin Sphere. What does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Odin-Sphere-Leifdrasir.jpg (673 KB, 1920x2713) Image search: [Google]
Odin-Sphere-Leifdrasir.jpg
673 KB, 1920x2713
English demo is finally out for the new Odin Sphere. What does everyone think of it? Had to look for it under Free/Demos because search doesn't list it.

I love all the new changes. Inventory is much more streamlined and pleasant to use and the new combat mechanics are just fucking great. Combat is much more fun because of it. Mercedes in particular I found pretty hilarious. She just fucking rains death down from her crossbow like it was a fucking anti-aircraft machinegun. All the characters are good now though. Getting rid of photon experience was a good idea and the new skill system and abilities requiring POW.

Only thing I'm curious about is there no longer seems to be a photon release ability to help plant fruit. Was it cut or is it still in the game in some form? Might make harvesting slightly annoying if it isn't because you'll have to plan ahead more.
>>
brb, downloading
>>
>>339080373
*$0.06 has been deposited into your account*
Just kidding.

Never played the original. Is there a side-by-side comparison of the changes made anywhere?
>>
>>339080617
Got this from gamefags:

Two modes to the game: Refined and Classic
Classic maintains the HD graphics, but gameplay and mechanics are exactly the same as the PS2 version.

Refined has everything else:

After you beat the game, there is NG+ and you can pick from different difficulties

Game mechanics have been changed to be more in line with Muramasa Rebirth. POW is now only used for special abilities and Mercedes' regular attacks.

There are now Skill trees and Ability trees. Skill trees you learn stuff by spending points you obtain at level up, you get enough points to obtain everything around level 65. The ability tree, you find items to unlock nodes, then Spend Phozons to learn them.

There is only one kind of levels now, character levels, and you get XP for killing enemies and eating food instead of raising health level. However, food still gives permanent HP boosts.

The English version is being redubbed using a new translation. Sounds like everyone from the original game are back.

There is now a pooka chef you can summon on the maps, you run across bells you ring. You can still go to Pooka Village for making food as well.

Alchemy system has been revamped: max Rank is 9 stars, however you keep an empty bottle after fully consuming a potion. You can fuse bottles together and potions to level up the rank of the bottle. The empty bottles maintain their rank.

The item system: no longer have to buy bags. You can choose to have a radial menu like the original game or a menu where you view all the bags at once.
>>
>>339080373
Thanks for reminder.
Downloading it right now.
>>
I like Chain girl the most. Flying Fairy the least. Everyone having their own dodge and special movement thing was cool (Os' portal, chain girl's swing). I also like how I can pause and activate and ability mid combo if I'm shit and can't pull off the command. I hope it has Dragon's Crown levels of replayability.
>>
>>339080831
That all sounds really good, even though a lot of it is lost on me. I wish I had played it in the past to appreciate the changes made. Although I have played Muramasa Rebirth and enjoyed it, so I'm sure I'll like this the same.

Thank you for the quick reply.
>>
>>339080831
Oh and they also changed the map styling as well as far as I can tell. It looks better and is easier to read now.
>>
>>339080831
>The English version is being redubbed using a new translation
I'm assuming this means better localization?

Was the original bad in any way?
>>
>>339081062
Well like I mentioned in the beginning there's a classic mode you can play that's pretty much the unaltered ps2 version of the game if you're curious about the original version. Although these changes in Refined mode were made for a reason and they're so good I can't imagine going back to Classic ever.
>>
>>339081269
Yeah, I figured. If cutscenes are skippable, I might run through both versions.
>>
>>339081259
Not really which is why it was pretty confusing when they announced that. By the way you have that to thank for the game taking until june to release in the west. Personally I felt it was pointless. The original performance was already good. They could have been trying to buy more time but I don't know why.
>>
downloading it now.
>>
>>339080831
oswald has not the same voice actor unfortunately
>>
Played the japanese demo. It seems that they have broken the game's difficulty by making stamina pointless and making the movement way freer and more powerful.

I'll see if the real remaster is more difficult.
>>
>>339080373

You can release photons by holding square when you're holding down the button that would absorb them which i forgot, r1 i think? The demo tells you when you plant a seed.
>>
>>339082836
Yeah that's another thing I was concerned about. I don't think they really rebalanced the enemies to accommodate the new combat system. Although that could have just been them making the demo really easy like what tends to happen. I did notice enemies doing some different things or it could just be my imagination.
>>
>>339083232
Oh good to know, thanks for the info.
>>
>>339083270
There were different enemies, but the shields are not as good as in the original.

I guess the difficulty was a complain in the game, thing that makes me mad. It was really satisfying to plan out a 5 star battle with alchemy and psy absorving.
>>
>>339083270
>>339083476

In the demo you're pretty fucking overpowered though. You come equipped with extremely strong accessories and your skill tree, which isn't even shown, is already maxed out.
>>
>>339080373
Looks exactly like a Kingdom Hearts cover.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.