[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Doom blew everyone's mind, do you think he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Romero.jpg (106 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Romero.jpg
106 KB, 640x360
Now that Doom blew everyone's mind, do you think he's feeling the heat about his new game?
>>
>>339067947
romero is shit without carmack, and carmack is shit without romero, they were a perfect pair

except for q3
>>
>>339067947
You mean the cancelled one with an ETA in august 2035?
>>
>>339067947
He's honestly fucked.

Unless the game is super indie with a small budget and little expectations, he will fall.

Would actually enjoy something neat to play from him, but I feel that he might just be another "hack" or at least a delusional old school creator that is trying to get back in the game for money/fame/glory, etc.

At least Carmack realized he wasn't cut out for the gaming world and went into a another realm where his skills could be utilized better. He's too much of a perfectionist for gaming, and his interests in VR are great since that field really needs some work.

The game Romero wanted to fund was put on hold, correct?
>>
>>339068103
>romero is shit without carmack

Wrong carmack hasn't made a relevant engine since the 90s, Romero has Unreal 4 now
>>
>>339068362
he wants to create a playable demo before going back to kickstarter with it
>>
File: 1442878812791.jpg (81 KB, 785x756) Image search: [Google]
1442878812791.jpg
81 KB, 785x756
>>
File: The_Mona_Romero_small.jpg (18 KB, 300x282) Image search: [Google]
The_Mona_Romero_small.jpg
18 KB, 300x282
>>339067947
Demo fucking when? I can't hold it anymore
>>
>>339068362

I actually want to see pixel shit. There are no updated reto Doomesque shooters. I don't want to see a Serious Sam type game. Those games were great but they're dated.
>>
>>339068561
That's good and bad at the same time.

Demos can give the general public a good idea for what the team is going for, but at the same time since it is very bare boned and incomplete it can cause people to freak and not want to back the product at all.

If he was smart, he would make a super small demo with complete everything, just to show how far they would go without the issue of poor quality.
>>
>>339068532
What is Idtech 4
>>
>>339068796
I honestly don't care what it is. If it's fun and enjoyable, I would be interested.

Gameplay is the main concern here.
>>
I'm not expecting much, but it would be nice if something good came out of it
>>
>>339068969

I'm surprised Yooka Laylees demo didn't scare people away. It was shit, but the images of the game now look amazing.
>>
>>339069356
Pretty sure it helped that the fanbase of those kind of games have been waiting for so long for a new game. Since it was made by ex Rare members, that automatically guaranteed buys.

I think it helped too that there is good music and visuals. Overall it's usually the presentation that matters.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.