[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smash on 3rd parties
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 44
File: Smash 3rd party.jpg (351 KB, 1988x888) Image search: [Google]
Smash 3rd party.jpg
351 KB, 1988x888
>Oh! I have an idea! Lets add characters from companies that gave us the finger a decade or two ago and completly stoped making games for our systems, only to make games in others, no matter how good or bad our console is doing!
What the actual fuck is wrong with the selection of 3rd parties in Sm4sh.
Like, Snake had only ONE shitty remake before Brawl of the main series that made him big, and STILL he got in, when he is LITERATLY a Sony character, hell, he is more Microsoft than Nintendo too. Also, with a upocoming Sony main MGS tittle, what the fuck.
THEN RYU. You know, those main games we played on our Nintendo console of him? Like, 3rd Strike, SF4, and the upcoming SFV for PC and PS4! But not Nintendo.
But now this. Fucking ridiculous sized anime swordman: Limited edge cuting Linking Park edition.
I KNOW he is iconic (or at least was, 90% of the PS4 and Bone population is normies, and they won´t buy FFXV), but he literatly is the definition of a non Nintendo related character, this guy could have made the 64 reach at least 40m, but he went exclusive on Play Station. His bigggest games are on Sony, he is NEVER been on Nintendo exept for a few shitty spin offs.
Wat is wrong with Hackurai, for fucks sake he just wants to masturbate to his own games he likes or something?
WHY
H
Y
>>
>>316417252
>Snake had only ONE shitty remake before Brawl
>LITERATLY

You're showing your age, faggot.

What about Metal Gear? Metal Gear 2?
You can't actually be fucking dumb enough to think that Twin Snakes was the only time that he's been on a Nintendo system.

He's not even a fucking Sony character. He's 100% Konami. Snake had a collection on the Xbox 360.

FOR FUCK SAKE METAL GEAR SOLID 1 WAS ON THE GODDAMN PC.
>>
File: 1407427437006.gif (2 MB, 308x214) Image search: [Google]
1407427437006.gif
2 MB, 308x214
Someone mentioned it in another post, but Smash isn't Smash Brothers anymore. It really isn't. This can be taken in a negative fashion or positive. It's no longer Nintendo's All-Stars but rather a living museum of video games in video game format. In the most ridiculous way possible, it's a pristine party game with a roster that spans across console barriers and it's impressive and mind blowing to see things like this happen. A hardcore Nintendo fan would be upset about this, but most idorts are probably happy to see characters as ridiculous as Snake, Ryu, Mega Man, Pacman, and Cloud brawling in a fighting game.

I support this entirely. Nintendo doesn't really seem to care about competition despite the fact that they're dying rapidly even with jew-y things like free-to-start games.
>>
Who gives a fuck how represented he is on Nintendo platforms, clearly not Sakurai. Cloud is pretty hype, smash 4 isn't as good of a game mechanically and the only thing that will save it is an insane cast. Ryu and Cloud are a step in the right direction.
>>
>>316417662
>What about Metal Gear?
Dumbed down port.
>Metal Gear 2
Never been on Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>316417662
Metal Gear was originally released on MSX, Snake is more a Microsoft character than he is a Sony character.
>>
>>316417252
I swear I don't understand Nintendo.
That's just retarded.
I mean it's like they try to bring back third party games, but all they can do is adding some characters no one ever wanted in Smash.

What the actual fuck Nintendo...
>>
Snakes never coming back due to the series not being popular enough anymore
>>
Snake was fine because of how great the reveal was and the fact that he was only in because Kojima asked Sakurai to put him in.

Ryu is a great choice because he's in fucking TONS of crossovers and because of SF2.

Cloud is where I think they screwed up though. Why have the protag of a PS1 game show up in smash? Why not basically any class from FF1? And even as someone who likes FE and Xenoblade Cloud is far more anime than Robin, Lucina, or Shulk. The FE reps made sense since Awakening saved the series and Shulk had a whole goddamn campaign to get his game localized.

I thought Cloud chances of never getting in were up there with Goku, Master Chief, Naruto, and Gordon Freeman.
>>
>>316417252
You're literally children.

It's obvious this is a deal just like the Snake one and Square will put out either FFXV or VII remake on the NX. Maybe even both.
>>
>>316417765
>the fact that they're dying rapidly
Is there any legitimate proof for this besides, "I don't like the Wii U", literally this post was fine until you revealed that you're just another usual autist.
>>
>>316417252
It's either this or indie characters.
Choose, icons or indies?
>>
>being this much of a mad falseflagging console warrior
>>
>>316417252
Capcom and Square are still doing stuff for Nintendo, especially on the 3DS

Konami doesn't give a fuck about them anymore, which is probably one of the many reasons why Snake didn't and isn't going to return
>>
I would have gladly play a Chocobo instead of Cloud.
Or a Dragon Quest character.
Everything but this fcuker.
>>
>>316418867
Square Enix is also being shitters and talking about the NX early.
Remember that FF14 Xbox interview?
>>
>>316417252
>gave us the finger
>all companies have had notable releases with Nintendo since
Can this meme end already?
>>
>>316417252
>Ryu

SF4 had a DS game.

But, are you seriously forgetting all the versions of Street Fighter 2?

More critically, though, he's the original and prime representative of all fighting games. There'd be no Smash Brothers, period, without Street Fighter.
>>
>>316418703
>Why not basically any class from FF1?

Cloud Strife, the face of JRPG's for spergs who grew up in 90's
VS
Red haired guy, Heartless Wizard, Blue haired guy, Girl in White coat, White haired Vincent, and Karate Man
>>
>>316417662
>of the main series that made him popular
Learn to read faggot.
>>
>>316418740
no.

they made fucking bank on ORAS and Amiibo. They're profits have slowed down, but they're still profits.

Meanwhile Sony's only constant profitable division is the Playstation, everything else they do is very inconsistent quarter to quarter.

Microsoft is consistent with their finances.
>>
>children think companies are actually at war with each other
EVERYONE was surprised by Cloud on Smash, this is a HUGE marketing factor and it helps everyone, stop thinking it's the opposite faction shit you get on /v/ in real life.
>>
>>316417765
/thread
>>
>>316417252
Remember when Smash was meant to be celebration of Nintendo's history and characters and not other peoples?
>>
>>316418703
>Ryu is a great choice because he's in fucking TONS of crossovers and because of SF2.
Yeah, but he is literatly Snake 2.0 but older. Had his games before in Ninty, and then just FUCK NINTENDO, NO MORE GAMES FOR YOU. The last revelant thing of SF with Nintendo was SF2 on the SNES. And then? Nothing.
Please don´t bring those shitty ports of MGS3 and SF4 to the 3DS, those are literal shit.
>>
File: smashthirdparty.png (730 KB, 991x600) Image search: [Google]
smashthirdparty.png
730 KB, 991x600
>>316419737
Well, now it's a celebration of gaming history. Problem?
>>
>>316419737
I remember when Smash Brothers started of as Nintendo's post-modern criticism of fanboys pestering the company to pander specifically to them, and it went over the customer's heads.
>>
File: ryu.jpg (333 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
ryu.jpg
333 KB, 600x849
>Just remembered every newcommer got a Poster for their page like pic related

Does this mean Yoshitaka Amano is designing a poster for Cloud's page too?
>>
>>316419961
Not Him
I see it as both but third parties must have a certain wall to bypass.
Cloud and Snake just narrowly passes it
And I am excited as fuck, still hoping for Snake
>>
>Thinking your dumbass console war faggotry means anything
Like it or not Snake, Ryu, and Cloud are some of the most iconic video game characters of all time and deserve to be in more than whoever you voted for, for sure.
>>
File: 1446441483962.png (3 MB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
1446441483962.png
3 MB, 1300x866
>>316419737
Remember when faggots thought including more is somehow a bad thing?
>>
>>316419961
>The logo that represented Snake is the same Logo Kojima used to represent his team

I know it's not hard to change a logo (Foxhound or heck even a ! would do) but do you think that might hinder his chances at returning (besides Smash not being a pachinko machine of course)
>>
>>316417252

>Metal Gear
>Ghost Babel
>Twin Snakes

After Brawl we had Snake Eater 3D, but not the same Snake.
>>
>>316417252
I feel like Nintendo is just adding third party characters because they know people who own Sm4sh play a different console primarily.

Maybe they acknowledge that they are second tier and only hope to catch interest by including characters people love from their primary console..
>>
>>316420197
>post-modern
fuck off
>>
>>316420590
Foxhound would be better; if Smash Snake is supposed to be an Amalgam of Naked and Solid, they were both in Foxhound, FOX was disbanded before Solid was even born.
>>
>>316420702
SHIT PORTS DONT COUNT.
>>
>>316417252
Because it's better than being in puzzle and dragons.
>>
>>316420975
Or maybe they just don't care about your childish "console war" bullshit
>>
>>316418108
You fucking idiot, Not metal gear solid. METAL GEAR AND METAL GEAR 2 WERE BEFORE Metal gear solid.

Fucking casuals
>>
>>316417765
I really want to argue against this but I just can't. The neat obscure Nintendo characters will be forever be stuck in Assist Trophy hell
>>
>>316421163
>SHIT PORTS DONT COUNT.
Was Snake on the NES, though?
YES, he fucking was!
>>
THE ENTIRE FRONT PAGE CONSISTS OF "OMG CLOUD IS IN SMASH" THREADS
IF YOU MAKE A THREAD ABOUT CLOUD YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF
IF YOU POST IN A THREAD ABOUT CLOUD THAT ISN'T THE MOST ACTIVE THREAD THEN YOU SHOULD CASTRATE YOURSELF
>>
>>316421658
You're just mad that Nintendo provided the first real surprise of this gen
>>
File: shaved bear.jpg (88 KB, 586x640) Image search: [Google]
shaved bear.jpg
88 KB, 586x640
>>316417252
cloud strife is playable in smash bros before ridley
>>
>>316421393
>Fucking casuals
Fuck you, dude. At what point did he mention Metal Gear Solid?
Learn to read, kiddo.
>>
File: 1413042847860.jpg (46 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1413042847860.jpg
46 KB, 512x397
>>316418703
why do people act like snakes reveal was the hottest shit? Mega Man, Ryu and Cloud were so much more hype
>>
>>316421163
Ghost Babel was not a port, and good on top of that.
>>
>>316421529
>Snake was on an irelevant game on a Nintendo system 25 years ago!
>And had two shit remakes on Nintendo consoles, with the main series that made him popular never being released on a Nintendo console!
Fuck off nigger.
>>316421658
You are just new right? You haven´t been here in the biggest moments of the Japan times, right?
>>
>>316422051
THE FACT THAT THIS HAPPENED LAST TIME IMPLIES THAT IT IS A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE CURTAILED YOU DUMB PIECE OF SHIT
>>
So with smash, the only new nintendo characters we get are either clones or meme characters like wii fit. and the third parties are supposed to make up for the lack of real nintendo characters.
>>
>>316422431
>real nintendo characters
I bet you mean nobodies like Ashley, Ridley, and K Rool.
>>
>>316422051
The entire point is "Did they have games on Nintendo Platforms?"
YES. THEY. FUCKING. DID.
>NES (2 games if we count Snake's Revenge)
>GBC
>Gamecube
>3DS later on

Whether they were remakes or shit ports is irrelevant, and Ghost Babel is a SOLID game (albeit non-canon) and a pretty good one at that. But being a Solid game is also irrelevant.

So no, nigger, you fuck off.
>>
>nintendo smash bros
>featuring third parties from any console but nintendo's own
is this sakurai's idea of a joke? come on, you went from Mega Man to SFIV promo and FF7HD promo guys
>>
I'm sure all 10 snake fans on Nintendo systems were devastated he didn't return to smash.
>>
File: Wii Have No Mercy.png (110 KB, 245x217) Image search: [Google]
Wii Have No Mercy.png
110 KB, 245x217
>>316420356
The Trainer's eyes aren't of mercy.
>>
>>316422813
And what's the big deal? It will also attract FF and SF fans. I'm not seeing the problem here.
>>
>>316422714
> everyone is a noone meme
正直に言うとこれが、先輩
>>
>>316417252
They made the correct thing and gave the fans who they wanted rather than the lesser known choices like Rayman and Shantae.
>>
>>316421942
Because he said that Metal Gear was a port and MG2 was never on a Nintendo console, idiot. Which is wrong. The only ones that fit that are MGS and MGS2.

Learn to reading comprehension, kiddo.
>>
>>316423108
It'd be nice to play the fucking games these characters are from on the console they're playable on.
>>
File: Resi4-gc-cover.jpg (91 KB, 300x425) Image search: [Google]
Resi4-gc-cover.jpg
91 KB, 300x425
>>316417252
I don't remember Capcom ever stopping making games for Nintendo consoles
>>
File: 243.png (550 KB, 856x471) Image search: [Google]
243.png
550 KB, 856x471
ITT: Retarded cunts who think characters from multiplat games will hurt their game and never played a console apart from Nintendo's.

Never thought I'd see the day...
>>
>>316423280
Not him, but MG and MG2 were shit ports from the MSX. Notoriously so.
>>
File: 1443490545685.png (7 KB, 297x263) Image search: [Google]
1443490545685.png
7 KB, 297x263
>There's a better chance of Sora getting in smash than Ridley or King K Rool
>>
>>316423286
SF4 was on the 3DS.
One of the best selling games on the system actually.
>>
>>316423479
People will chill out eventually, its half people mad we are getting more 3rd parties and not nintendo allstars and final fantasy fans mad because they don't own nintendo systems.
>>316423620
Only when disney drops the right to him.
>>
File: 1446038604150.jpg (34 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1446038604150.jpg
34 KB, 500x281
>>316422813
>Mega Man was primarily on Nintendo systems
>First home console Street Fighter was on SNES
>Final Fantasy started on NES, Cloud specifically has technically already been in a nintendo game
>LOL THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY RELATION TO NINTENDO

Nice try
>>
>>316417765
>fighting game
So close, anon.
>>
>>316423620
>Sora getting in after Cloud

no chance

also Barret, Tifa and Sephiroth mii costumes are basically confirmed right?
>>
>>316423280
Are you shitposting for real?
>Metal Gear
NES

>Metal Gear 2
NOT in a Nintendo console, never released outside of Japan until MGS3: Subsistence
Snake's Revenge is not MG2.

>MGS
NOT in a Nintendo console either

>MGS: The Twin Snakes
NOT a port, but a REMAKE for the Gamecube

You're the one not making sense, kiddo.
>>
>>316423509
MG2 was never released on a Nintendo console, You may be thinking about Snake's Revenge. Totally different game.
>>
File: 1414072188177.gif (507 KB, 250x216) Image search: [Google]
1414072188177.gif
507 KB, 250x216
>>316418758
This. As indifferent as I was with Cloud at first, i thought "well, at least he isn't Shovel Knight" and started to warm up to him.
>>
>>316423826
>you went from Megaman to
Clearly wasn't arguing against Megaman, tard. They started out strong and got worse.
>Final Fantasy started on NES
and dropped Nintendo like a bag of rocks, Cloud's actual game has never been on a Nintendo console and his latest is going to the competitor's
>>
>>316424114
Yeah that's what I was thinking of
>>
>Fucking ridiculous sized anime swordman: Limited edge cuting Linking Park edition

c'mon I know this post is essentially bait, but have people never actually played FF7 before? Do they just parrot this shit from 2008 newgrounds flashes?

>Get mindfucked by Sephiroth
>Unintentionally betray your lifetime love and negro brother
>Can't even remember the fuck is happening
>Go into semi-coma from materia poisoning
>Best girl snaps him out of it and he kills Sephiroth
Yeah, there are a few times where he gets disappointed in himself but I honestly don't see where this emo cloud shit comes from.
>>
>>316423826
There are plenty of FF characters that have actually been on a Nintendo system in a real Final Fantasy game though, not as a small-time cameo in some handheld novelty games.

Ignoring them in favor of Cloud is paying a disservice to that era in favor of sheer popularity.
>>
Where's Shovel Knight?
>>
>>316424604
>Yeah, there are a few times where he gets disappointed in himself but I honestly don't see where this emo cloud shit comes from.

ADVENT
CHILDREN
>>
I think the reason this doesn't sit well with people is very understandable.

Smash is game about Nintendo fanservice, and it's primary fanbase are Nintendo fans. Characters like Cloud (and Ryu to an extent) are not Nintendo fan service, they are an attempt to either:

A. Collect more icons into smash. This is something Sakurai is very proud of.
Or
B. Bring a new audience to the game

Look on social media and you'll find that people who don't really even play Nintendo games are foaming at the mouth about this, while many die-hard Nintendo fans are not happy at all.
They've never had the chance to play FFVII because it's never been on a console they've owned. They don't get the fan service, and frankly, they are correct to complain that his inclusion goes against the spirit of smash.

Regardless, I don't think it's wrong that people are complaining, or that people are praising. People are going to like what appeals to them, that is that. Sometimes you just have to let someone else have they're day, even if they're not the ones the party was planned for.

Better than Shovel Knight, and the Nintendo fans were shooting that to high heaven.
>>
File: 1435623747077.png (89 KB, 195x184) Image search: [Google]
1435623747077.png
89 KB, 195x184
>>316424604
it mainly because of Advent Children before the complete version was released

what people don't realise if that they too would be sad if they and their friends were all dying of space cancer
>>
>>316421918
I'm sure /v/ loves the hell out of that but it's kind of bullshit considering the excuses Sakurai gave contradicting the roster and him saying he didn't want characters that were on Nintendo. Whatever, I never expected anything but them shilling to people who don't care about Nintendo consoles anyway and I was right. Really all they're doing is advertising for other franchises because nobody is going to go out and buy a WiiU/3DS just to play as Cloud. It's just going to make Nintendo fans want to go get a PS4 for the new FF and FFVII remake. Bravo, Nintendo.
>>
>>316418962

>FFXIV Xbox

Blame M$ on that one. Sony allows MMOs and F2P to not need PS+ to play online. It's only for normal retail games that it's needed.

M$ does not want to budge again after allowing FFXI to work on 360 without gold.
>>
>>316423915
>mii costumes
I really want Sephiroth to be in too. Not even as a character, have a FFVII stage and have Sephiroth be the stage boss.

really I just want Smash to turn into Ehrgeiz
>>
>>316424816
>while many die-hard Nintendo fans are not happy at all.
I seriously haven't seen anyone upset about Cloud being in.
>>
Cloud will come by christmas.
>>
>>316424816
>while many die-hard Nintendo fans are not happy at all.
The autists can go fuck themselves for all I care. Now all we are missing are Dante, Snake/Raiden and Goku.
>>
File: JAPQoute.png (166 KB, 310x496) Image search: [Google]
JAPQoute.png
166 KB, 310x496
>>316418758
>>316424157
How about both
>>
>>316424604
Maybe Nintendo fans would be more familiar with Claude Smith if his game was on a Nintendo console. Just saiyan.
>>
>>316425124
You must not be looking very hard then.
I would say I'm a bit unhappy with it, but I'm really trying to look at things from a neutral point of view.
>>
File: 1443223808617.png (87 KB, 173x270) Image search: [Google]
1443223808617.png
87 KB, 173x270
>people saying he's an ike clone

literally how do you come to that conclusion? because he has a big sword? his move are completely different, he doesn't even have a counter
>>
File: technokleidung.jpg (68 KB, 588x600) Image search: [Google]
technokleidung.jpg
68 KB, 588x600
>2015
>unironically enjoying belts and zippers
1998 called, they want their fashion choices back... or germany for that matter
>>
>>316425496
Yeah it's another sword-fighter, but I'm interested to see more. Besides, Link and Ike are the only heavy swordsmen we have.
>>
>>316417252
Every third-party character gave Nintendo the middle finger at some point.
>>
>>316425390
>calling others autistic
>while wanting that
Oh how the tables has turned it seems.
You would have been laughs out of the house a month ago, but after this, the people who thought rationally are not the "autists".
Every dog gets his day, as they say.
>>
>>316418703
>Why have the protag of a PS1 game show up in smash?

I can think of a few reasons. Primary reason is that Nintendo doesn't care about competition. Aside from Slime of DQ fame, Cloud is the face of Square-Enix, and they're gonna choose him over Slime because FF has a stronger world wide presence than Dragon Quest.

Finally, Square-Enix has spoken about the NX more than Nintendo themselves. They've made comments about bringing DQXI and FFXIV to it even though nobody outside of Nintedo knows jackshit about the console, so nobody was asking for those games to be on the NX.

S-E did say that more info on FFVII Remake will be revealed on December, which is also when more Smash info will be revealed. It can't be coincidence that the FFVII Remake and new Smash content will be announced in the same month, and both announcements are going to be related to the FFVII franchise. Considering that FFVII is "coming first to PS4," it's very likely that an NX version of the game is also being considered. Obviously it'll come first to PS4 when the other console it'll be on isn't even released! Cloud in Smash could possibly be a way to warm people up to the idea of FFVII on a Nintendo console.

Taking the Cloud Strife Smash announcement, the DQVII and DQVIII localizations that Nintendo will assist in marketing, DQIX and the entire DQ series being playable on the the 3DS, the recent unexpected NX name drops from Square, and actual exclusives in the form of Bravely Default FFExplorers and the Theathyrm series into considerations, Square is in bed with Nintendo. Their relationship is better than Nintendo's relationship with Capcom, Namco Bandai, SEGA, Konami and any other big Japanese 3rd party.

At the same time, Square-Enix is the only Japanese company that isn't run with idiots with sickle cell, They realize that it's best for them to have their games on as many platforms as possible.
>>
>>316425718
>not
now

That kinda messes up the point of the post.
>>
>>316423421
Show me a main line Street Fighter nigger, not that. In that case then Leon should be playable instead of Ryu, which would be ok for me.
Oh, wait. You are showing that one RE game that they promised to keep exclusive to one console right? And the last main series RE on a Nintendo console? Oh, I see that helps your case.
>>
File: thirdparties.png (1 MB, 1380x860) Image search: [Google]
thirdparties.png
1 MB, 1380x860
will we see this happen in our lifetime
>>
>>316425423
Honestly, Quote is the only indie with a chance.
He's basically THE indie game, and a lot of people have at least heard of Cave Story.
>>
I'm calling it, Yuri Lowell is in smash. Prepare to die eggbear!
>>
>>316425925
It hurts me how out of place Cloud looks.
>>
File: lolwut.jpg (64 KB, 380x400) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.jpg
64 KB, 380x400
>>316425718
>Oh how the tables has turned it seems.
>Every dog gets his day, as they say.

<== I thought you might want this.
>>
>>316426060
might be the green background
>>
>>316426060
I like it, actually.
Same thing with Snake back in Brawl.
>>
I'm about 95% convinced that cloud in sm4sh is because the FFVII remake is also going to be on the NX
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 317x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 317x236
Don't forget me.
>>
>>316417252

>get something
>bitch about it
>get something
>make it a matter about pride

You people are retards.
>>
File: 6.jpg (122 KB, 721x193) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
122 KB, 721x193
>>316422714
FUCK
YOU
>>
>>316417662

Thjere was also Snake Eater 3D for the 3DS.
>>
>Neptune gets in before Snake
>>
>>316426143
I'm typing on a phone touchpad, shit sucks, yo.

You get what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>316425552
Omnislash is literally Great Aether
>>
>>316418517
To be fair nobody thought he was an option.
Like this is way out there, anybody is free game apparently.
Bayonetta would have been more likely.
I think it's cool. I'm super hyped to see who else they add now because it could literally be anyone.
Pls no lightning.
>>
>>316417252
What is your problem
>>
>>316425925
Where'd you get that image of Cloud? The one from the website is low quality.
>>
File: 1447376298131.png (256 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1447376298131.png
256 KB, 555x555
>>316426263
>2006
>"I'm about 95% convinced that Snake in Brawl is because MGS IV is also going to be on the Wii!"
>>
>>316425624

Those pants are fucking RAD, will never wear them tough.
>>
>>316426609
It's his Dissidia model
>>
>>316418729
> NX releases
> 30% better hardware than PS4
> FF7 is a launch title.
My body is ready.
>>
Why does it have to be Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft?

Cloud is a Squaresoft / Square-Enix character/
Megaman is a Capcom character.
Ryu is a Capcom character.
Pac-Man is a Bandai-Namco character.
Snake is a Konami character.
Sonic is a Sega character.

They are not Sony characters. They are not Nintendo characters. They are not Microsoft characters.

You never see PC players saying "Sans is a Valve character" or something retarded like that, so you guys on consoles need to stop.
>>
>>316426570
uh, yeah? omnislash has always been like that and not just cause 'he's a clone'
>>
File: 1439133672924.png (1 MB, 1000x1277) Image search: [Google]
1439133672924.png
1 MB, 1000x1277
We want the Animu audience.
>>
>>316426743
no, that was because of the MGS remake, you shitposting sonygger fuck
>>
>>316426760
>Those pants are fucking RAD, will never wear them tough.
There is no way wearing those pants without looking like a massive tool
>>
File: 1294681594770.jpg (16 KB, 154x160) Image search: [Google]
1294681594770.jpg
16 KB, 154x160
>>316425925
>Thinking Banjo is on the same level as those gaming icons

Autism levels are at such a high today. But that's what happens when characters are announced for Smash.
>>
>>316426942
it's the exact same animation
>>
>>316427081
>Banjo is a popular N64 game
>FF7 is a popular PS1 game
Same deal man.
>>
File: FFVI_Tech_Demo_Images.jpg (226 KB, 700x487) Image search: [Google]
FFVI_Tech_Demo_Images.jpg
226 KB, 700x487
>not using the n64 tech demo characters.
>>
>>316427309
>One is a video game
>The other is a video game

Whoa man, Banjo and Cloud are literally the same, huh?
>>
>>316417765
At the very least, all of those characters have had Nintendo titles. Cloud bugs me because he pretty much broke Sakurai's Nintendo rule. If a Final Fantasy character had to be in, why not one who was actually in a Nintendo-based Final Fantasy game?
>>
File: 1439070079722.jpg (74 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1439070079722.jpg
74 KB, 500x390
>>316417252
tl;dr
>>
>>316425883
You said Capcom, not SF.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Monster Hunter
AA

All Nintendo exclusive games.
>>
>>316427473
That's what I'm saying man
>>
>>316424363
Putting aside my opinion that smash should be Nintendo 1st party characters only. I don't quite agree. Street Fighter, Megaman, Pacman, Metal Gear, and even Sonic, in some odd twist of fate, have history on nintendo platforms, so there's some sense in it as smash has reached through the years for characters to add even going as far as game & watch.

Cloud on the other hand is not an instance of that - for years, decades, literally console generations, nintendrones have acted butthurt, trolled, yelled, and whined endlessly about how much they hate everything FF7, stemming from square's "betrayal" of Nintendo. I can not even begin to recount the endless trash I've seen spouted about the game, the devs, Square, Sony, Nintendo, and the fans, so to see Cloud in smash is just surreal if not bizarre, it's like Nintendo admitting all their old fans have all been replaced or something. I would not be surprised to see old nintendrones actually PISSED about it, demanding Terra or Cecil or moogles or anyone but Cloud, but I guess Nintendo thinks those fans are gone. Realistically thinking, it seems that they're choosing characters based on what will sell the most dlc, so it really does seem the old fanbase isn't a consideration anymore... I'm getting old...
>>
>>316427526

Because FF7 was the first FF game that mattered.
>>
File: Snakes_revenge_cover.jpg (63 KB, 368x524) Image search: [Google]
Snakes_revenge_cover.jpg
63 KB, 368x524
>>316423997
>>
>https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/664937547122913280

What is he talking about?
>>
>>316428135
>Snake's Revenge is not MG2
>>
>>316419961
Needs a Belmont before it's a true celebration of gaming history.
>>
>>316428328
>I'm quite difficult to answer, but you can? For more information, described SSBB special programs will be delivered in December.

More character info in December.
>>
I dont understand why people assume that any third party character HAS to be strongly affiliated with Nintendo, what rule is saying this has to be so? Cloud was totally unexpected and honestly isnt a bad addition when you think about it (Aside the fact its another swordsman, if your mad that he is a anime character your shitposting and need to stop)

The game already had Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man at start. Sonic as he was in Brawl and was the symbol of the 90's and is one of the most recognizable fictional characters ever. Mega Man has been requested since Melee and is a video game legend. Pac-Man because he's a video game legend and due to Namco's involvement in Smash 4's development.

Ryu makes sense he's the icon of fighting games. the precursor to all fighting games really.

Cloud is the face of JRPGs of the 90's and the face of Final Fantasy one of the highest selling franchises in all of video games.

These additions make plenty of sense. Even Snake even though the reason he got in was because Sakurai and Kojima are super close
>>
At this point anyone can get in I think. If they;re going to put Cloud in and tout DIRECTLY UP FRONT it's specifically Final Fantasy VII (Super Smash Bros. x Final Fantasy VII, not Theatrymn or Explorers you keks) then anyone can get in.

Shovel Knight and Shantae actually have chances. Steve from Minecraft is probably getting in, considering how iconic Minecraft is and the Wii U Edition coming out.

They could probably even add Goku, since if we're throwing out the "game must have been on a nintendo console" rule out the window, they can throw the "only video game charactes" rule out.
>>
I'm not pissed that Cloud gets in, I'm pissed that his moveset looks like the most boring generic sword guy moveset in history.
At least Mega Man, Snake, Pac-Man and Ryu all had unique and cool movesets.
>>
>>316417662
Actually aside from mgs 2 prologue, they're are actually zero mgs with solid snake mains. No 1 or 4
>>
>>316429025
What exactly did you expect Cloud was a generic sword guy in FF7 so he's going to be the same in Smash

All the third party characters are pretty faithful in depiction in Smash
>>
File: dissidia_cloud_by_renzantolin.png (938 KB, 1024x1989) Image search: [Google]
dissidia_cloud_by_renzantolin.png
938 KB, 1024x1989
>>316429197
Yeah I'm actually glad he's not breaking physics like he was in AC
>>
File: 1437515776406.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
1437515776406.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>Cloud Strife amiibo
>>
>>316428372
Add bomberman and a taito rep and the list is complete. Bub and Bob when?
>>
>>316428994
>Steve from Minecraft is probably getting in, considering how iconic Minecraft is and the Wii U Edition coming out.

Oh please.
Please do it.
Creeper Final Smash would be the bees knees.
>>
I'm mad that there's another generic anime swordsman.

Like what's next ?

Fucking skyrim swordsman?
>>
>>316429652
I think Creepers would make more sense as an enemy in Smash Run
>>
File: 144478801460.png (310 KB, 617x662) Image search: [Google]
144478801460.png
310 KB, 617x662
Post yfw he gets in instead of Snake
>>
>>316417252
While solid direct, I just fucking love how Cloud's announcement broke /v/. At least FO4 threads will lessen now.
>>
>>316429782
He has a sword so it's likely
>>
>>316426780
No it isn't
>>
>not realizing that the characters that will be revealed along with Cloud's release will be ten times better
>>
Ringabel for smash!
>>
>>316429952
it's sad that this is true

Sakurai is such a fucking hack.
>>
>>316429782
>implying Konami's rep won't be a pachinko machine
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
I only want one character added
>>
>>316420356
>Kirby in the bottom left

It is impossible not to love the little puffball.
>>
>>316417252

Why can't we just have nice things? Why must we complain?
>>
>>316417252
>>Oh! I have an idea! Lets add characters from companies that gave us the finger a decade or two ago and completly stoped making games for our systems, only to make games in others, no matter how good or bad our console is doing!

SO BUTTHURT
>>
>>316417252

Nintendo is too pure to hold grudges. They turn the other cheek.
>>
>>316430494
More like they're too desperate for the money. They take it up the ass.
>>
>>316427923
In your opinion. Why should Cloud be allowed to break the rule that Sakurai himself laid down in regards to character inclusion?
>>
>>316430643
Do you have any source to back that up ;^)

We both know you don't, stop being such a shitposting autist
>>
>>316421967
>Mega Man, Ryu and Cloud were so much more hype
lmao
>>
Has anyone posed the idea that maybe there's gonna be a FF7 port for the WiiU and they're just pushing Cloud out early to net some Xmas WiiU and Smash purchases?

Seems like they would have announced the port with the trailer though.
>>
>>316428763
Because Smash Bros. is a celebration of Nintendo games. At least the other third party fighters have had titles on Nintendo systems. Cloud hasn't.
>>
>>316430734
And what rule is that?
>>
personally i think it's great while competition is what keeps economies growing rivalries between companies becomes annoying and stupid I think nintendo is saying something like "we all have our differences but we can at least come together over our love of videogames" . Hell i hope alot more 3rd party characters come after the ballot characters.
>>
>>316431493
>Because Smash Bros. is a celebration of Nintendo games.

That's what it started out as. It's clearly become more than that, given the trophies of non-nintendo characters and the multiple mentions of sakurai preserving the original arcade looks of Pac-Man and Ryu.
>>
>>316431126
To be fair, Megaman was really hype.

I remember that one Rosalinabro running into his final smash during the Invitational so we could see what Mega Man's Final Smash was and the crowd got so loud from it
>>
>>316431695
None of them

That anon doesn't seem to know that thanks to his crossover appearances, Cloud manages to sneak right by the "Had to appear in a game that was on a Nintendo console/handheld" rule.
>>
>>316431493
funny that mortal kombat characters have more of a relation to nintendo than Cloud has.
still i think since Square did have games back on the old nintendo system they have a right to put a third party character and they chose cloud since he is probably one of the most recognizable of the final fantasy franchise
>>
>>316417765
This.
It's a good thing btw. Only babies will cry
>BU-BUT SQUARE BETRAAAEYD NINTENDO

it goes beyond such childish outlooks. It's Nintendo gathering icons in a all-out celebration of gaming's best.

That's why shit like indie garbage should be left out in favor of greats like Sonic and Megaman.
>>
All those people who voted for Goku in the smash ballot will be the doom of us all.
>>
>>316431695
The rule that a character has to have had a game on a Nintendo console. Cloud hasn't had one, but mere cameos.

>>316431903
Those two have had Nintendo titles though. Their appearance doesn't really matter.
>>
File: 1446019826336.jpg (142 KB, 1041x811) Image search: [Google]
1446019826336.jpg
142 KB, 1041x811
Why is it that Smash for the Wii fucking U has Cloud but Playstation All Star Brawl does not have the most iconic Playstation character?
>>
>>316432063
I don't really think cameo appearances count. The trailer straight up made reference to Final Fantasy VII, the game Cloud was a protagonist in. Yet that game has never been on any Nintendo platform.
>>
>>316431923
>that moment
>the immediate crowd roaring
>commentator losing his shit
>"THE SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT"
>"MEGA MAAAAAAAAAAAN"
He made a sacrifice for the greater good of hype
>>
>>316432072
But if that's the case why not a character from the various Nintendo titles? Seems like Sakurai went through a pretty diminutive loophole to get Cloud in.
>>
>>316432572
Oh man, I remember that, can someone post that video?
>>
>>316432713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIIlIM9HlpQ
That invitational was fucking great.
until zero decided to be a bitch in the finals
>>
>>316432248
Cloud is playable in Nintendo games, that counts just as much as Ryu being playable in a Nintendo game
>>
>>316432248
>The rule
There is no such rule, clearly if there was the Cloud wouldnt had be considered. No Sakurai's game vision is not the same from Brawl as it is now that was in 2007, even early since Brawl was in development before then. People change. I fucking sperg out when some idiot pulls some quote from someone from the 90's and act like its going to be the same today

Besides they branded this as Smash x FF7 implying its a crossover
>>
>>316432713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZszrtCIDxU

Found it, man that was amazing.
>>
>>316433256
>Smash x FF7 implying its a crossover
Oh? What's cloud going to kowashitai?
>>
>>316433167
Cloud has had cameos in Nintendo platform. Ryu was fully playable in a title that was on a Nintendo platform.
>>
>>316433256
There was that rule, and Sakurai himself stood on it. Seems the fact that Cloud has had mere cameos made him somehow viable. Look I have no problem with a Final Fantasy rep, but why not one from the Nintendo titles? Why the Sony-exclusive one? I mean the whole franchise started on the SNES. Why not a character from those?
>>
>>316434861
>I mean the whole franchise started on the SNES
Anon, I...
>>
>>316434861
Because SE more than likely approached Nintendo about including one of their characters into Smash maybe to help promote the FF7 remake which may get a Wii U/NX release or not who knows.

SE decided to choose Cloud since he's the face of Final Fantasy and JRPGs and Sakurai decided that it was good enough reason to justify putting him in, plus Nintendo told him to do so.

It makes sense, Cloud isnt a literally who. If there was a rule it clearly doesnt apply now
>>
>>316435129
...What? Did I say something wrong?
>>
so basically, who could join as well?
my bets are in any of these

>Master Chief
>Goku
>Snake
>Crash
>Dante
>Neptune
>Leon
>Zero

ALL THE POSIBILITIES
>>
>>316433256
Does that mean Nintendo characters in FF games?
>>
>>316435908
Potentially, Wii U version of FF7 having Nintendo costumes or Nintendo characters in it? That's usually the case when they "x" something
>>
>>316435817
Goku is inevitable, Dante highly likely as well though i dread another swordsman
>>
File: PXZ2-Fami-shots_08-05-15.jpg (38 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
PXZ2-Fami-shots_08-05-15.jpg
38 KB, 400x240
>>316426979
They already got Alisa anyway in Project X Zone. It's kind of funny how Nintendo has all of these crossover characters on their stuff when they dont have the game where they came from.
>>
File: 1447271155299.jpg (585 KB, 1280x1483) Image search: [Google]
1447271155299.jpg
585 KB, 1280x1483
>>316425552
His moves looked preeeetty similar to me.
>>
>>316435817
Dante has a sword so that already raises his chances to get in by 200%
>>
>>316417765
this
Smash has become a celebration of vidya
>>
>>316435560
It works ff7 was originally designed for n64 which is why it looks like ass
>>
>>316428763
>>316431493
what I don't understand is why the actual game that is a celebration of Playstation games doesn't have fucking Cloud in it
>>
>>316417252
>Like, Snake had only ONE shitty remake before Brawl of the main series that made him big, and STILL he got in, when he is LITERATLY a Sony character, hell, he is more Microsoft than Nintendo too. Also, with a upocoming Sony main MGS tittle, what the fuck.
Snake is a Konami character, and he's way more MSX than he is Microsoft.
>>
>>316436113
>Goku is inevitable
why

>>316436271
and so other 6 niggas that are wanted in Smash
at this point, if the game keeps selling, Nintendo can easily ask for whatever character they want to any company, and he/she/it will be in Smash
>>
>>316436191
>A clone if shulk and Ike

This is actually a really good financial move on the smash developers, They got people what they wanted and did it in a affordable matter.

Also i think this is the only character where people aren't going to bitch about a clone being in smash.
>>
I can see why people might be confused why Cloud's added, but god damn I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hype. The ballot only ended a month ago, this means that he wasn't even a ballot winner.

If fucking CLOUD got in, that can only leave to the imagination who's going to be picked next. This literally means anyone's viable as long as they're a famous video game character.
>>
>>316436346
>No Cloud
>No Crash
>No Spyro
>No Apes
>Fucking Donte
>Raiden
>Big Daddy
All Stars was a mistake
>>
>>316436346
If I had to guess, SE already had Dissidia and didn't want their most popular characters appearing in another fighting game.
>>
>>316435560
More than likely yes. I doubt Cloud is truly "the face of JRPGs". I'd say Final Fantasy on a whole is "the face of JRPGs". Cloud is just one of many to assume the hero title.

It just rubs me the wrong way because Cloud feels like the odd man out in consideration.
>>
File: QUALITY.gif (3 MB, 350x287) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY.gif
3 MB, 350x287
>>316436346
Because it was a shameless,souless, bastardization of Smash that Sony wanted in desperately but fell on its face
>Sony Allstars
>Cant get Spyro or Crash because Activision
>No Cloud
>Fat Princess
>Big Daddy
>Who arent even excluisve characters are allstars
>Fucking Donte
>Two Coles in a small roster
>Again and I cannot stress this enough none of these characters are all stars aside Kratos, Ratchet, Sly, Nathan and MAYBE Heiahchi who again isnt even a exclusive

Its dogshit
>>
>>316432248
Faggot.
>>
>>316436346

>Nah bro that was just a cash in
>>
>>316436984
>Implying Jak and Daxter aren't all stars
I'll cut you nigga
>>
>>316436927
Well like you said FF is the face of JRPGs, Cloud happens to just be the most popular FF character ever. FF7 is the most popular FF in America and its what really caused the franchise to become a global powerhouse.

Given all of that its only natural if SE wanted ones of its characters in Smash they would choose Cloud because of all of that. Plus FF7 is getting a remake so it also doubles as promoting that
>>
>>316436984
It was alright for coach multiplayer, and actually worked surprisingly well 2v2. 1v1 it's pure shit though.
>>
File: 1434127139549.png (312 KB, 582x630) Image search: [Google]
1434127139549.png
312 KB, 582x630
>>316437023
This is one of my most played 3DS titles.
>>
>>316437023
I don't see what a bundle of sticks has to do with anything. That said, I'm well aware of Final Fantasy Theathrythm. But that doesn't really count to me because the characters there are cameos from other Final Fantasy titles. There's no sole main character.
>>
>>316437486
I know, I know. Cloud and the game he stars in have the status, but I don't think that should be the deciding factor. For other third party characters, they've had Nintendo representation. Final Fantasy has indeed had its fair share of Nintendo titles in rereleases and exclusives. But FF7 has not.
>>
>>316436984
Tekken for the longest time used Playstation hardware for their arcade boards.

Also Fat Princess was for a long time the best selling PSN game, back when PSN was first added. Having a "PSN" rep is fine by me, just like having Kat as a Vite rep.
>>
>Nintendrones who've never owned a console that wasn't Nintendo
>"The PSABR all-stars roster is shit, there's no iconic characters! I mean, I've never owned a Playstation, but still......"
>They have all these shitty 3rd party characters? Maybe focus on 1st party first Sony ;)
>Wait, where's Crash, Snake and Cloud?

PSABR was worth it just for Sonyggers having to deal with the embarrassment of the game existing, and Nintendrones being some of the biggest idiots in those threads. Was even better when Smash 4 got announced and they just rolled around like hypocrites and wanted every 3rd party multiplat under the sun.
>>
>>316436868
and now there's another Dissidia coming out but they still give Cloud to Smash?
>>
>>316417662
Kek, you're a fucking retard
>>
>>316438383
I think you're legitimately retarded.
>>
>>316438383
Raiden isnt a allstar
Nor is Fat Princess
Nor is a fucking Big Daddy

FFS they use Donte the rebooted version instead of an actual Play station all star Dante before the reboot

The roster was dogshit there is no denying this, half the cast isnt a allstar
>>
>>316438108
I keep explaining to you why that doesnt matter anymore. Smash is one of the greatest marketing tools Nintendo has, so yes its going to have something to do with the deciding factor. Its just the way it is
>>
>not wanting to play as Master Chief against Kratos in Super Smash Bros.
>not wanting both in Smash Bros.

Fuck you OP
>>
>>316432454
>I don't really think cameo appearances count.

Cloud literally shows that they do.
>>
>>316428763
>the face of NEO Final Fantasy that started with 7, 8 X and onwards (9 doesn't count since that one was a love letter to classic FF)

hey i can fix that for you.
>>
>>316439339
As much as you may dislike to hear it FF7 is what made FF the mega franchise that it is. It was popular before 7 but 7 is what took it to iconic levels it is at today.

Much like FE for GBA is what made FE the big growing franchise it is today

Or OOT making Zelda the mega franchise giant it is today
>>
>>316439975
and then when in the wrong fucking direction with 8, 10, X2, the MMO's, fucking 13!
>>
>>316441142
>13 is a bad game

Good meme
>>
>>316441302
Is a good meme because it's the goddamn truth duh.
>>
>>316439090
I suppose they do. I don't know. All of my years of playing Smash I've known it as a series that embraced Nintendo. Even the third parties that were introduced were a part of Nintendo history. I guess with Cloud, something about that has just gone down the drain.

Not to sound dismal or anything.
Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.