[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no one ever talk about her? I enjoy using her, but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89
File: ss+(2016-05-24+at+06.01.50).jpg (133 KB, 571x905) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-24+at+06.01.50).jpg
133 KB, 571x905
Why does no one ever talk about her?
I enjoy using her, but I think she is a low tier character that needs some adjustments

>Same HP as widowmaker, despite having a fully mechanized suit
>Rocket splash damage is shit
>Require at least 2 direct hits on most classes to even kill them
>Knockback skill almost entirely useless, and only good for knocking people off the map [rarely]
>Her ult is a death sentence, and requires a few seconds of focus fire to kill most people, despite half the cast having near instant damage abilities.

What the fuck? Why did they nerf her so hard from the beta?
>>
the answer is ALWAYS going to be 'because of esports'

really good players were getting a better than 50% success rate with her, so she got nerfed, in spite of this making her below average to the vast majority of players

why do you think demigods like lucio are still going strong, almost totally unnerfed? Because lucio is only amazing in the hands of bad or average players
>>
>>339063681
>>Same HP as widowmaker, despite having a fully mechanized suit
That's a design choice. Naked or mech suit, they changed her HP for gameplay not plot.
>>Rocket splash damage is shit
Aim better.
>>Require at least 2 direct hits on most classes to even kill them
Which you can fire in under a second.
>>Knockback skill almost entirely useless, and only good for knocking people off the map [rarely]
Duh.
>>Her ult is a death sentence, and requires a few seconds of focus fire to kill most people, despite half the cast having near instant damage abilities.
Stop jumping into the middle of a group of people who focus you. It's a projectile. Fire it around corners.
>>
>>339064080
So why do I see widowmaker not getting any sort of nerf despite people snap shooting with her and killing entire teams?

The unlimited ammo, mobility, and how quickly it charges, she can body shot most people to death fast. She's quite literally the only character who cannot be countered by anyone but herself.
>>
>>339064080
>Because lucio is only amazing in the hands of bad or average players
He's number one in esports right now though.
>>
>Why does no one ever talk about her?
Other offensive characters are more interesting and popular and she is not waifu enough for waifulords
>>
>>339063681
There's a thread going on just about her. Use the fucking catalog.
>>
>>339064274
They don't need to make such an exposed character that fragile, plain and simple.

I am aiming "better" doesnt make it any better for a lot of engagements.

No, there's a second delay on each rocket.

SHe has a useless skill whereas literally every other class has something worthwhile.

I am, you retarded fuck, it still leaves you entirely exposed and does shit damage. Every other ult except mcree lets you move while you use it. However, mcree is hitscan and I need to be close to blast someone. You probably fucking suck as Pharah.
>>
>>339064349
there's no question that he's #1 on the tier lists

but its obvious that his win rate is somehow not above 50% compared to Mercy or Zen at the highest level of play

yes this is conjecture, but why else would this guy still be in the state he's in
>>
I recently picked her up and with a little bit of common sense and cleverness exercised, she can do some real damage.
>>
>>339063681
>rockets are fast as fuck
>rockets have do damage fall off
If you're not trying to get direct hits you're not playing her correctly.
Ether learn to play well or find an easier class.
>>
>>339063681
People talk about her all the time. It's just that when they do, it's in the context of shipping her with Healslut.
>>
>>339064274
I always love seeing posts like this because you know for a fact the person making it has a mental handicap
>>
File: casual pharah.jpg (95 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
casual pharah.jpg
95 KB, 500x707
>>339063681
>posting the mechaqueen skin and not the superior Security Chief skin

i think she is fine just requires a little bit of practice.

People dont talk about her because she is a non-slutty waifu. she is actually a girl you can take home to mother unlike widowmaker.
>>
>>339064738
I am getting direct hits, how does that make up for her various other shortcomings?
>>
>>339064773
its more like, "I don't actually know the real reason why this stuff is true, nor can I even think of a fake reason why it might be true, so instead I'll point out painfully obvious things that even small children instinctively realize without being told"

they're not mentally handicapped, they're just somehow unaware that they're mentally slacking
>>
>>339064738
>Miss one rocket
>Get killed by 3 mcree shots that have hitscan
>>
>>339063681
Use your knockback to reposition yourself instead of enemies as a main use for it, instantly it becomes 10 times more useful.
>>
Pharah is one of the most balanced characters in the game. Her gun rewards precise aim, her concussion blast is useful but not borked like mcree's pocketsand, her instant rocketjump is part blessing and part curse, and her ult is powerful but obviously very easy to shut down.

Rather than buff her, I think the game should use her as a benchmark for balancing other characters.
>>
>>339063681
>Knockback skill almost entirely useless, and only good for knocking people off the map [rarely]

Her knock back is amazing. It's like a second jump only for horizontal movement instead of verticle movement. And yes you can knock people to their deaths with it.

>Her ult is a death sentence, and requires a few seconds of focus fire to kill most people, despite half the cast having near instant damage abilities.

Stop jumping into open areas and ulting, stop thinking of it as a team killing ult. Her ult recharges amazingly fast so using it on just one person is no big deal. So use it as a tank buster or to duel whoever is annoying you the most.
>>
>>339065245
I don't understand why she can't just move while using her ult. Common sense. The only safe times to use it is indoors.
>>
>>339065278
>duel someone point blank with ult
>get killed by own splash damage

Okay.
>>
>>339065278

>Her ult recharges amazingly fast
Not True, is one of the slowest recharging ones, I think it is just faster than Zenyatta.

Anyway, she is one of the most well designed characters around, and if you watch and read about the design process, she encompasses the spirit of the game.

And anyway, she is not played as a direct killer, she is played most like a zone denial, and the most mobile harasser of the game, you should be finding ways into the back of the other team and shutting key defenders down.
>>
>>339063681
you're supposed to be getting direct hits

on that note though her rockets should move a bit faster
>>
>>339065328
Not even. There are plenty of heroes whose DPS is higher than Pharah's ult, so you get killed regardless.
>>
Pharah has the same problem that most of the weaker characters have she's hard counter by the top tiers.

McCree and Widow can both easily snipe her out of the air and every competitive team always have both of those characters. Once Widow gets nerfed Pharah, Zenyatta, Bastion, and Torb will finally get some use at a high level.
>>
>>339065689
It's really easy to get shot out of the air because you hover so slow. Anyone with aim can kill you with a hitscan weapon
>>
>>339064339
Because unless you're one of those unicorns with 80% scoped accuracy once you get close to her and sneeze she's gone.

The mine can be easily avoided if you're not braindead and the nonscoped rifle does shitty damage. That, and the fact that all maps have so many ways of being traversed while staying out of sight plus loads of spots to take cover everywhere.

Her shots leave trails in the air letting everybody know where she is, and every single character ingame has a voiceline they play to the whole team when they see her.
>>
>>339065805
What, did you reply to the right person? Yeah I agree, her ult is low damage. Takes 5-7 seconds to kill a tank if he doesnt just kill you for standing there like an asshole.
>>
Anyone has that webm of the highlight pose with the missles with that skin?
>>
What if Pharah had 100 health and 50 armor?
200 effective health, same as before, but better flavor because she's literally wearing armor, and synergizes a little better with healers.
>>
I love playing as Pharah so much, but her Ult is so fucking useless and inconvenient to use, it's driving me insane. Either you're offing yourself because of the Ults splash damage or you're so high up off the ground you get sniped the second she shouts the word "JUSTICE".
Overall though, I think she is just fine, she could have a higher amount of HP or some armor, but nothing to lose sleep over.
>>
>>339065812
This, hitscan can just fuck up any pharah because air mobility + exposure will fuck her up. McCree can pick her off faster than she can fire two rockets.
>>
File: 1460738191434.png (256 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
1460738191434.png
256 KB, 692x577
>decide to go take out the enemy team from behind with Pharah
>get sniped by enemy Hanzo
>decide to kill Hanzo
>get sniped out of the air by a different Hanzo
>>
>>339065135
>can't beat a team with 3 mccrees
>>
>>339065854
The problem is getting close in the first place. If she's around the team or behind objects, she's enxt to impossible to kill, even with someone like Winston.

>Jump over team to sneak around
>She jumps in the middle of her teammates and I get slaughtered.

A good widowmaker with team communication is next to impossible to kill.
>>
>>339066115
Reading comprehension.
>>
>>339063681
everything you do on her feels earned. Nothing is ever handed to you safely. I like it.
>>
>>339065930
you have to be stealthy and move behind the enemy. Wait for them to be in a group and wreck there shit.
>>
>>339065921
50 armor is not 100 health
with 100 health and 50 armor she would take 145 damage from a widowmaker bodyshot

she needs 100 health 100 shield so if she survives being sniped in the air she isn't stuck on the ground with 20 health desperately looking for a healthpack
>>
>>339065854
Tell that to the faggots that play CS/whatever shooter 24/7.

A bullet with no drop, they constantly scope in and out for max mobility and it charges so fast, they can constantly pull body shots that kill most attack classes in 2 hits.
>>
>>339064349
No he isn't. Mercy is most used in comp play, solely due to her ult. Typical payload team consists of two tanks, one healer, and the rest is fill.
>>
>>339065930
The best way to use it is somewhere in the back lines on the ground. Sure you look like a total badass Jehuty when you unload your bullet hell in the air, but it pretty much never works 9/10 times.
>>
>>339066019
Really shouldn't be playing Pharah against a team with double hanzo.
>>
>>339065921
Armor isn't a straight 50% reduction in every situation. 175 + 25 would be more appropriate and is a moderate buff.
>>
>Actually requires aim because no le hitscan I win weapon
>Somehow still does less damage than the easy aim hitscan weapons
There's no excuse for the rockets being that slow, that weak, and having shit fucking splash damage. They either need to be 3 times faster, have actual splash damage, or actually fucking do damage befitting a slow moving projectile.
>>
>>339063681
I agree about her ult, it's complete shit.

What it should do instead is giver her unlimited magazine and a faster firing speed for a few seconds and allow her to move and use abilities freely while it's active. That would increase the characters skill cap and actually make the ult useful in more than 3 out of 30 scenarios.
>>
Mercyslut main here

Pharah is the most deadly to me actually, along with winston.
>>
>>339066362
The rockets aren't weak. Hitscan weapons in OW are too powerful and require very little skill because of how slow most characters move.
>>
Speaking of widowmaker, have you come across one of those "MLG" guys that just fucking decimate your entire team with quick shots?

Why the fuck doesn't she play more like TF2 sniper? Have a gun you need to calk back, have a slower charge rate, and give her a bit less speed.

They actually BUFFED her to 200 HP.
>>
>>339066262
Fucking morons should have looked at TF2 sniper. There's a damn good reason he isn't allowed a fucking semi auto rifle. She's basically TF2 sniper on steroids in a game that's slower paced then TF2 is. They're going to regret it once people start getting extremely good with her. Hell, the TF2 sniper's likely going to get nerfed in some manner and he's much weaker then she is due to him being a big point of contention lately.
>>
she's inferior to tf2's soldier in literally every conceivable way. how do they make a rocket class so shit?
>>
>>339066274
in tournaments Mercy and Lucio are always brought together.

The default team for every map in tournaments is Mercy, Lucio, Winston, Reinhardt, Widow, McCree. Sometimes they switch out Widow for a second McCree depending on how close quarters the map becomes.
>>
>>339066529
Widow severely needs 150 (with maybe 50 of that as shields) hp and another .5 seconds on full charge. I feel like Mcree needs a nerf too. Something along the lines of making flashbang require contact to stun and increasing the spread of fan.
>>
>>339066529
Yes I have. I fucking hate playing against them. You basically can't win on most of the maps.
>>
>>339066260
>>339066315
Oh I was misinformed about armor. I thought 50% DR on armor sounded a little OP, and didn't quite match up with D.Va's survivability. It's 5 DR.

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Armor
While a hero has any number of armor points remaining, every instance of damage they receive will be reduced by a flat 5 points. However, for instances of damage less than 10 points each, the damage cannot be reduced below half the base damage.

Why not just give her 100 health, 100 armor then?
>>
>>339066463
Mercy main here too and I hate enemy Winstons more than literally anything save competent McCrees. They jump in, target you, and just barrel around like a retard while their no-aim-required attack is shoving its fist up your vagina. And his health is high enough that no one can take him out before he kills you, after which he doesn't give a shit because he's done what he wanted.
>>
>>339066750
The AoE flashbang is awful but the real issue is the stun IMO. Have it momentarily blind video/audio + slow the character, but don't prevent abilities/firing. McCree should be punished for shitty ambushes when the enemy is aware of his presence.
>>
>>339066636
TF2 didn't have hitscan classes that could burst you down in a second. I feel like in the coming months or especially whenever the ranked gets added the developers are going to have to make some serious changes to Mcree and the others.
>>
>>339066529
Every now and then I'll run into one that's decimating everything as an attacker. What's just as frustrating though is when there are absolute shitters on my team that wanna try to do the same thing but have nowhere near the skill level.
>>
File: 1463862133824.png (466 KB, 740x540) Image search: [Google]
1463862133824.png
466 KB, 740x540
>>339066463
Enemy Tracers and Widows are far, far more deadly to me as Mercy. Might have to be due to the fact they're the only ones who actively sniff me out.
>>
File: balladofthewidow.jpg (6 KB, 254x56) Image search: [Google]
balladofthewidow.jpg
6 KB, 254x56
>>339066857
Just go winston and shit on them until they switch
>>
>>339066529
Yeah they're incredibly irritating. They know exactly who to single out (Mercy, aka me in basically every match) and just bodyshot them to death. She effectively rewards spammy play, which is the exact opposite of how her class should ideally be used.
>>
>>339067032
>enemy widowmaker
>switch to winston for ez backline stomping
>bounce up in that bitches face
>she has a pocket mei

Why the fuck does this happen so often. I've had multiple games with a mei sitting in the widows pocket.
>>
>>339066992
ranked isn't in the game yet?

Why? It was working in the beta.
>>
>>339066123
Well i play allot of WM and usually i have to deal with the Hanzos or the McRees and if not i get to spend allot of time running back from the spawnpoint. Earlier today i got sniped from across the map in that african map by a McRee doing his high noon thing and i wasn't even aware that i was in his line of sight. I literally got sniped by an ult from a greater distance than i usually snipe from.

>>339066262
> they can constantly pull body shots that kill most attack classes in 2 hits.

True, if they're left alone. I will always harass them and the supports first.

>Tell that to the faggots that play CS/whatever shooter 24/7.

Just use ults, they're really the equalizers in this game. If i can see the 'pro' CS player using widowmaker through a wall, it won't matter that he's better than me.
>>
>>339067101

I guess thats an option. I still feel like these guys would just headshot me to death before I got anywhere near them.
>>
File: 1338075229842.png (394 KB, 598x564) Image search: [Google]
1338075229842.png
394 KB, 598x564
>New players thinking her knockback rocket does damage
>Only knocks me back to safety
>>
>>339067193
I think its what happens when people queue together. A good widow with a mei support can pretty much win every fucking match, so thats what they do.
>>
>>339067209
>>339067182
>>339067032
>>339066857
I find it funny that they also get wallhacks every 30-40 seconds, which further increasing chances of getting locked down with a headshot.

They turned her into the perfect sniper.
>>
>>339067202

http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/25/overwatch-adding-ranked-play-next-month/

> It was originally included in the game until Blizzard made note of some issues within competitive mode that caused lower-skilled players to be matched up with higher-skilled players.

Guess they felt the matchmaking wasn't ready.
>>
13 / 60 achievements, where are you guys at?
>>
>>339067246
What they do, at least on a good team, is communicate that widowmaker is being attacked. The team will then move in to support her everytime since she can zip to them from ridiculous distances.
>>
>>339067375
Yeah, essentially. The only problem is that now that I think about it I can't imagine an alternate ult for her that wouldn't also be op as shit.
>>
>tfw Overwatch promotes good discussion
What
I guess since its multiplat.
>>
File: 1464151606112.jpg (617 KB, 2560x1770) Image search: [Google]
1464151606112.jpg
617 KB, 2560x1770
>>339066529
>''''''''MLG''''''' sniper on the enemy team
>Rape her with Hanzo

Sounds like a case of git gud

protip; anything that counters bastion also counters widow
>>
File: 1449755931038.png (345 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
1449755931038.png
345 KB, 498x568
I get so fucking salty playing this game. I've had fun in the beta, but ever since my first game since I bought it about ~20 hours after the official launch most of my games consist of nothing but running towards the objective and getting completely wrecked. I've never had a game tilt me this easily. Everytime I have to stare at that goddamn respawn counter and having to make the arduous journey back to the objective where I'll unavoidably get oneshot by a Widowmaker all the way back again I think about the 40 bucks I've wasted on this game

I just thought this'd be a fun casual shooter to play when I've got an hour or two of spare time, but this game's taking hours off of my life from sheer rage
>>
>>339067375
I think she would be a lot less bullshit if they made her non headshot damage weaker, and lowered her health (and she should have the lowest health of anyone besides maybe DVA).
>>
>>339067708
>implying a good widow doesn't expressly keep an eye out for any sort of countersniping and ram that shit into the ground real quick

I mean yeah you could ult in her general direction but she'd just grapple off somewhere else and fuck you up the instant you poke your head out of cover.
>>
>>339064274
>Aim better.

It's a rocket, it's supposed to explode. If it has to be fired direct, it's just a bow and arrow.

>It's a projectile. Fire it around corners.

How does that do anything with no splash damage?
>>
>>339067708
I wanna see you counter these guys. Arrow draws take longer than her shots dude.

>>339067729
Oh you mean trying to play with friends and they all fucking suck? You're on fire 90% of the time, and you keep losing because they can't get good?

I find it insane I win more with randoms than people I know. That fucking pisses me off. Often times the game isnt a measure of skill, its more of a measure of who is who, and who can press Q to win.

It has little sense of "overcoming" the odds by being really skilled, but rather, being a constant victim to anyone with an ult.
>>
File: hanzo-spray-31-scatter-arrow.png (151 KB, 570x555) Image search: [Google]
hanzo-spray-31-scatter-arrow.png
151 KB, 570x555
>>339067871
>ulting her

bruh...
>>
>>339067803
How the fuck was she even buffed in the first place?
>>
It's just too easy getting sniped by a Widowmaker as her. Or maybe I just suck.
>>
>>339067918

>Oh you mean trying to play with friends and they all fucking suck

I have literally 0 friends playing this game. I have no choice but to hop into random games
>>
>>339067962
>this has killed anyone at full health ever
It's a great disruption weapon and can definitely finish off people at low health, but that's about all. Also, that still doesn't alleviate the problem of her being able to oneshot you the moment you come out of cover to fire the scatter at her
>>
File: 1464044951456.png (739 KB, 1407x1325) Image search: [Google]
1464044951456.png
739 KB, 1407x1325
>>339068021
You're just inexperienced

Widow is so easy to kill, she's casual filter like Bastion
>>
>>339068062
;_;
I have about 4 groups I play with.

They are all mostly shit.
>>
>>339067993
Maybe it was the same guy who decided it was a good idea to nerf Pharah.
>>
>>339067993
I think Blizzard's biggest issue is they have to balance the game to be enjoyable for casuals and people with 100,000 hours in fps games. Except thats impossible. In her CURRENT state, shes just about right for a shitty player to use her decently, but she is gamebreaking in the hands of a good fps player.

If they nerf her to the point where she is fair in the hands of a good player, casuals won't be able to do anything with her.
>>
>>339068118
I seriously want to see you go against a good widowmaker. She can lock you down.
>>
>>339068102
>>339068102
If you aim at the ground in front of them, the entire spread hits them and does upward of 250 health damage. Its actually extremely lethal, its just very hard to land a perfect shot.
>>
>>339067803
yeah buffing a backline characters hp seems like a weird thing.
>>
>>339068172
Which is fine, snipers are shit in any game anyways.
>>
>>339068102
That's why you wait until you see her shoot and then shove the scatter in her ass

>its a great disruption weapon and can definitely finish off people at low health

It does 75 per arrow at 5 arrows and is the second most damaging shot to Widow, seriously git gud with Hanzo and you'll rape Widow everyday
>>
Is tracer a good widow counter? Might start doing just that.
>>
>>339068215
I already know how /v/ arguments work

You'll just say "W-Well that Widow wasn't good enough!"
>>
File: 1464116730411.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1464116730411.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>339067918
>Oh you mean trying to play with friends and they all fucking suck? You're on fire 90% of the time, and you keep losing because they can't get good?

The people I play with aren't that bad but they literally can not stop fucking picking D.va and Mei and doing jack shit.
>>
Widowmaker needs an HP reduction.
>>
>>339063681
Git gud?

In all honesty though, I believe she is fine if not needs very few tweaks that most likely wont happen.

He Knock back is excellent for spreading a enemy apart or knocking them in a direction so you can easily predict the next shot. Jumping and knocking people away from a tank is a easy way to secure kills. If you're near ground level, you can knock them towards you.

I even use it as a escape mechanic if I don't have my jump.
>>
>>339068487
Maybe I should just start playing with /v/ people, but some of you guys are too fucking weird.
>>
>>339068450
Yeah, if you can sneak up on her properly Tracer works great just because she's so goddamn hard to hit.
>>
>>339068503
Widow needs a reduction in everything. They should convert her rifle to a bolt action rifle. There's a damn good reason the sniper in TF2 doesn't have one, and she's basically him on steroids.
>>
>>339068605
Unlimited ammo too. That's huge.
>>
>>339068450

Yes the tsundere makes the Widowmaker player's aim unsteady when they see the Tracer player.
>>
How do I unlock the origin edition skins on PS4? My copy came with 2 codes (one for the Widowmaker skin and the other to unlock shit in other Blizzard games) but no Origin skin codes. What gives?
>>
>>339068767
amazon emails them to you maybe
>>
>>339068674
>>339068605

You can peek kill her with Helix rockets while a friendly Winston shields you or Rein and leaps on her ass just in case

Its like you fags forget its a team game

There are so many counters to any skill level of widow but you retards are stuck in the TF2 1v1 mindset
>>
>>339068450
As long as you sneak up on her alone and track down her escape properly. I've played widow plenty of times against a tracer and landed a easy head shot if not a 100% body shot will kill. So time your dashes appropriately.
>>
File: human garbage.jpg (58 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
human garbage.jpg
58 KB, 1024x683
>>339063681
You are now aware this alt is wearing a mecha-hijab.
>>
>>339064339
Tracer is good for closing ground, but her unscoped rifle does so much damage that when trading blows you HAVE to use recall to get health back.
Doesn't help I've seen on my death cam blatant aimbots from her.
Nothing like seeing someone jump to you after blinking through a wall.
>>
>>339068917
It's robot hair. When she opens her mouth, there's a bright yellow light that comes out.

Full robo.
>>
>>339068852
Maybe you should just accept that a sniper with a semi auto one shot kill rifle is bullshit? There's a reason that games with snipers almost always restrict the 1 shotting to bolt actions.
>>
>>339068172
>>339068503
>>339068605

If your argument for nerfing a class is based on "some people are really really good at the game" then it's not a sound argument.

This isn't TF2, it's pace is allot quicker than that.
>>
>>339064339
winston utterly rapes her

literally leap on her stupid ass and she can do nothing
>>
>>339068767
>>339068814
No, read the fucking instructions on the leaflet.
>>
>>339069069
No it isn't. Its not fast at all.
>>
>>339068674
Everyone has unlimited ammo in this game.
>>
Pharah's ult is only really good one the enemy decided to group up together and huddle for warmth.
Even then characters like Hanzo and Junkrat have much better ults for doing the same thing, since they won't get shut down by anyone noticing where you are.
>>
>>339069093
>leap towards her
>team turns around and locks you down
>>
>>339064604
Maybe Lucio's winrate isn't that high because he's picked in every single competitive match?
>>
>Taking potshots against enemy widowmaker as Mccree while staying behind a Reinhardt shield
>About to kill her just one more bullet
>Reindhardt turns his shield 90 degrees
>Headshotted
>>
>>339069218
in the 3 seconds it takes for me to take a fat monkey shit on her? good luck.
>>
>>339069415
>3 seconds
winstons damage is shit
>>
>>339063681
I just got this skin a few hours ago. And this morning I got the red bird one of her. Not really happy about them, but I shouldn't complain about 2 legendaries.
>>
>>339069069
The hell you smoking? 6v6 wise TF2 is far faster then this game is. Blizzard is going to regret it once people start getting good with widow. Hell people have started screaming for nerfs for TF2's sniper, and he's far slower in a game that's far faster.
>>
>>339069519
winston doesnt aim

winston never misses

he drains non-tanks very quick
>>
>>339069519
>>339069680
When fighting multiple people does Winstons gun split the damage it does, or does it deal full damage on each target?
>>
>>339069125
Well, to me it feels allot faster than TF2.

Maybe because there's so much happening at the same time.
In TF2 you will have a heavy with a medic and maybe a soldier with a scout on the field at one time, on the ground and you know where they're coming from.

In this, Genjis coming at you from the ceiling, hanzo's shooting dragons trough walls, meanwhile a Dva is kamikazeing in your face and you hear someone saying that it's high noon.
>>
>>339063681
>Jump up get killed in two body shots before I hit the floor from Widow
Man, fuck this shit. You know what would make Pharah fun?
Air dashes.
Fast recharging air dashes.
Fucking make me as weak as a Tracer, as long as I can be mobile as fuck in the air I don't give a shit.
>>
Anyone else thinks Blizzard made her more white? I mean, in the beta she was a true sand nigress... Now she is just racemixed.
>>
>>339069868
Given how Overwatch is 6v6, we should be comparing it to TF2's 6v6, which is far faster.
>>
>>339069825
full on each. he wipes his ass with supports which is why hes top tier.
>>
>>339069981
Maybe you had brightness turned down and it reverted when the game launched.
>>
File: p7f0e.jpg (89 KB, 950x688) Image search: [Google]
p7f0e.jpg
89 KB, 950x688
>>339067303
>play pharah
>okay her knockback doesn't do damage
>assume the same for junkrat
>kill someone with it while trying to jump

FUCKING DESIGN YOUR GAME CONSISTENTLY BLIZZ.

Or at least use wording that implies what the fucking thing does.
>>
>>339070647
you can damage with junkrat's concussive mine though.
>>
>>339070968
I know, that's what I'm saying. Nowhere in junkrat's mine does it say it deals damage.
>>
>>339070148
Well i haven't played a lot of TF2 6v6 because i always got assigned to servers with no limitations and the only times when i went "jesus christ this is bananas!" the same way i do in OW in some games was with 12v12 or more. I could be wrong since i haven't played TF2 in a long time, maybe 2 years.
>>
File: ae7.png (213 KB, 630x356) Image search: [Google]
ae7.png
213 KB, 630x356
>>339067729
Huh, that sounds shitty. I'm having loads of fun :)
>>
>>339068575
a lot of /v/ goers are autistic furry trans fags.

i mean there are good people mixed in, but certainly they ain't the majority.
>>
>>339064573
>>339063681

>SHe has a useless skill

if you're not using her knockback skill to lauch people into a predictable arc so you can easily score a direct hit with your rocket / disrupt the aim of a sniper you're targeting / separate a healer from his partner / push away a mei or reinhardt instantly I don't know what to tell you

maybe it's time for you to find a character you find easier to understand.
>>
>>339069948
this
if her Shift boost could be directional that is literally all I would need

even if they all give height
>>
>>339073361
You can also use it as a "rocket jump" too

Apparently though shitters can only think of "HOW DO I KILL WITH ABILITY?"
>>
>>339067051
I can kill Tracers with the caduceus sidearm, and with widows, unless you're surprised you can always never get out of cover so she can see
>>
>>339068452
it's clear you know how they work because your argument boils down to "W-Well you're just not good enough!"

either way, someone in the matchup is allegedly not good enough.
>>
>>339068270
Its my go-to for kiling lucios, tracers, basically anything that isnt Mei or a tank

The shit does so much damage its to good not to use off CD
>>
>It's a Hanzo that just spams left click and somehow hits everything
>>
>>339074923
>get killed by hanzo
>kill cam is him literally just spamming shots at random and one managed to accidently head shot me
>>
File: RG3's career.jpg (70 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
RG3's career.jpg
70 KB, 500x498
>>339075556
>Killed by junkrat
>He's lobbing grenades overtop buildings
>>
File: 1463765063721.jpg (60 KB, 538x796) Image search: [Google]
1463765063721.jpg
60 KB, 538x796
>>339075987
>it's a "junkrat plays junkrat like blizzard plays junkrat instead of how anyone plays demoman" episde
>>
>>339069054
Its not, you're bad

Would love to see you get raped by a railgun in Q3

>>339073820
not an argument

Play the multitude of heroes that counter widow and stop bitching
>>
>>339074923
Blizzard should've learned from tf2's cuntsman that its a stupid weapon. Should've given hanzo a cherry bomb launcher or something.
>>
>>339076373
the cuntsman is fun as fuck, you just need to fuck off
>>
File: 1443215884006.jpg (148 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1443215884006.jpg
148 KB, 960x720
>it's a Widowmaker stands half a map away on offense episode
>>
>>339063681
If you time the rockets right you can do damage bro. been using her alot and using her jump and glide with her stun rockets can really help capture points fast as fuck.
>>
File: 1455069220216.jpg (51 KB, 720x757) Image search: [Google]
1455069220216.jpg
51 KB, 720x757
>its a i play torbjorn and everyone gets uppity with me episode
>mfw i 2 shot roadhogs and snipe widows
>>
>>339076885
I'll take thing that never happened for 500, Alex
>>
>>339077043
can you tell me why you think torb cant do that? genuinely curious.
>>
>>339076328
that literally is the argument: widow's only reliable counter, unlike literally every other character, is another widow.
>>
>>339077135
Because he doesn't do anything but cry in a corner while his sentry is being destroyed any time he even thinks about building it
>>
>why does no one play her?
Are you joking? I haven't even played the game but have been checking it out cause /v/ and my friends have been blowing loads over it. She is easily one of the most frequently brought up characters.
>>
>>339077143
Winston

Widow has to be fucking MLG420yyzHEADSHOTLADDERSHOT-tier to kill a winston that bounces on her
Or she has to have backup
>>
>>339077364
or she can just hookshot away to safety because winston needed his jump to reach her the first time.
>>
>>339063681
git gud
>>
>>339077442
and 5 seconds after he lands he has it back
>>
>>339077442
He's already causing disruption just by making her relocate.
>>
File: tumblr_o7mcnvVcYt1ro8xn4o1_500.jpg (53 KB, 500x546) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7mcnvVcYt1ro8xn4o1_500.jpg
53 KB, 500x546
>>339063681
just need more practice OP. Do it for her!
>>
>>339063681
She looks like a fucking Garchomp.
>>
>>339077442
Cooldown on jump is 6s
Cooldown on grapple is 12s
>>
File: Pharah 10.jpg (199 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
Pharah 10.jpg
199 KB, 1024x1448
>>339064383
Speak for yourself
>>
File: 1462753032291.gif (25 KB, 234x268) Image search: [Google]
1462753032291.gif
25 KB, 234x268
>>339063681
Why the fuck does every character in this game have the same move speed?
>>
>>339077612
>>339077897
or he gets shot and poisoned because he's fucking massive, now behind enemy lines, and widow just rappelled to safety with enough time to fully charge her next shot on him
>>
There is zero reason to use Pharah over Junkrat. Almost everything Pharah does, Junkrat does better
>>
>>339078020
They don't, but the difference in movespeed is minimal as fuck
>>
>>339077952
look at that one piece of sub-par artwork
now look at the flood of porn other characters get

not waifu enough.
>>
>>339078514
It must be, because literally everyone rolls out of spawn at the same pace. It just feels stupid.
Roadhog should be slower and beefier while small characters like Mercy, Zenyatta and Lucio should be a bit faster than the average offensive character
>>
>>339078457
>Widow has to be fucking MLG420yyzHEADSHOTLADDERSHOT-tier to kill a winston that bounces on her
>Or she has to have backup

You're also forgetting winstons bubble, which can block the next charged shot
>>
File: 1378480608624.jpg (30 KB, 255x244) Image search: [Google]
1378480608624.jpg
30 KB, 255x244
>Fly up to heal Pharah
>She gets shot out of the air before I get there
>Now I'm in the sky on my own with the enemy looking at me
>>
File: OHAYO.png (511 KB, 1024x921) Image search: [Google]
OHAYO.png
511 KB, 1024x921
>>339078598
Waifu enough for me, fag.
>>
is there a way to trigger character interactions
>>
>>339077263
nigger you armor yourself and your weapon has perfect accuracy and a shotgun blast. you can easily do that shit and i have done it.
>>
She is great if paired with a Mercy. She just needs help from her team.
>>
>>339078598
its because Pharah is non-slutty and has the decency to cover her-self in power armor is why some of you guys hate her. You guys just want easy waifus and Pharah is not that.
>>
>>339079718
anon
The point he's trying to make is that torb players are usually incompetent
>>
>>339063681
She doesn't need more health, she has high mobillty and high damage output. Git fucking gud
>>
>>339080861
>high mobility
>can only realistically move well every 10 (I think) seconds

She has above average mobility, not high.
>>
Why are people so fucking bad at this game?

You don't need 2 snipers on Offense, and VERY rarely on defense.
If Tracer or Reaper is assraping your team, go Mcree, Rein or Roadhog.

If Bastion is camping a corner, go Junkrat, Mcree or Pharah.

If the enemy is camping Rein/Bastion/Tor/Mercy cancer trinity, go Dva

USE SIDE PATHS.
GROUP WHEN PUSHING

Holy fuck people are drooling retards.
>>
>>339081120
Speaking of that I think it's strange that the concussion rocket has a damn 12 second cooldown.
>>
>>339075556
i've had this happen a lot, and it's always hanzo.

whats up with his arrows.
>>
>>339081169
Pharah is complete shit against Bastion because of how small her splash is and she becomes a giant target in the air.
>>
File: hog2.jpg (229 KB, 1114x1210) Image search: [Google]
hog2.jpg
229 KB, 1114x1210
>Pharah
>>
>>339081305
You use your jump pack to position high cover between you. Pharah is good on only certain maps. Dorado is arguably the best map for her until the last point.
>>
>>339081305
Splash needs an increase, it's fucking ridiculous that an EXPLOSIVE ROCKET has the explosion radius of a sexually stunted cherry bomb.
>>
Why the fuck does no one ever picks supports?
I quite enjoy playing them but literally every time I solo queue no one picks them EVER and I'm forced to basically. I'd like to play something else from time to time.
>>
>>339081653
Good fucking luck.

I gave up on playing today when my 4th game ended up having 3 guys pick mcree, a junk & a reaper.

On defense
>>
>>339081508
id rather have higher knockback than a larger radius
or faster rockets
like outside of genji i cant think of a situation where id need the splash
>>
>>339081169
Mccree and Pharah are not great counters to Bastion. Corner poking is the only thing they can do and Bastion should never die to corner poking.
>>
File: 1390255455881.jpg (36 KB, 235x293) Image search: [Google]
1390255455881.jpg
36 KB, 235x293
>>339081446
>tfw you dodge a roadfat's hook with tracer's blink
>>
>>339081508
it either needs to go faster or be have more splash. They are way too slow for the distance she puts between her and the opponent in the air and the fact that they only do 120 damage for a direct hit. When Pharah is in the air she should be an oppressive force not an annoyance that give widowmakers free kills.
>>
>>339081835
Even if they don't die poking a Bastion means they have to fuck off out of turret mode so your mission is accomplished.
>>
>>339077952
I like this artwork a lot
>>
Mei is the biggest cancer character in the fucking game. Delete that cunt.
>>
>>339063681

Mercy + Pharah best combo, dem damage boosted rockets
>>
File: 1462919729732.jpg (228 KB, 1024x1446) Image search: [Google]
1462919729732.jpg
228 KB, 1024x1446
CUTE GIRLS SHOOTING CUTE ROCKETS
>>
>>339082147
Sorry, I meant Bastion shouldn't be suffering corner poking at all. Getting poked means you sat in one place too long. Constantly re positioning dramatically reduces the risk of pokes because it makes doing so very dangerous.

Also, people overstate how long it takes Bastion to repair and re position. It takes seconds.
>>
>>339063681
In all honesty, all she really needs are faster rocket projectiles.
>>
>>339067413
does achievements give credits? It seems like it does.
>>
>>339083245
I know they give you sprays at least
>>
>>339076885
>sniping with Torbjorn's gun
Like even getting hit midrange is a crapshoot, you have to hope they walk in a straight line or you'll never hit them,
>>
>>339081828
You can use it to poke and be annoying. Prevent shields from regenerating, lower average health. It's just generally useful to have a bigger splash.
>>
>>339067918
>tfw don't want to buy the game because I know for a fact all my friends suck at shooters and I'm really good at them and I know I would either have to carry them every game or just accept my losses and get mad

Help
>>
I'd like to see Barrage get an improvement. It's only good if you can get flank the enemy team and they're distracted by a push. Either more damage or some sort of invincibility/damage reduction.

Definitely 100 health 100 armor or 200 health 50 armor. You can hurrdurr about her being hard to hit but you're just not good at aiming. When you play her against people who can aim you take notice about how much shit you take in the air. She's definitely the most vulnerable offense hero, lacking a stun, recovery, or arguably an escape.
>>
>>339081261
Generous hitboxes and hurtboxes, and the arrows snap to nearby targets.

https://youtu.be/GFOFv1lVY_g?t=1242
>>
>>339084154
>getting mad about losing
>caring about winning
>not just enjoying the game for the game itself

this is why competitivefags will never have fun
>>
Blizzard made a shit imbalanced game with terrible mechanics.

Are you fucking surprised?
>>
>>339084769
armor wouldnt help Pharah when she's most vulnerable to large single hits. She needs shields so she can heal up after taking some hits if the enemy somehow doesnt manage to kill her
>>
>>339084859
Play to win, or go back to Single player games. Just because you're a beta fag that can't handle criticism well.
>>
>>339085596
>Just because you're a beta fag that can't handle criticism well.
You the one who gets mad at video games dude
>>
File: Pharah Will Lead Humanity.webm (1019 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Pharah Will Lead Humanity.webm
1019 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yI3MUb0OpA
pharah theme
>>
File: 1442989607303.jpg (9 KB, 165x148) Image search: [Google]
1442989607303.jpg
9 KB, 165x148
>>339085875
>tfw 400 Overwatch bux away from buying that skin

I'm so tempted to buy loot boxes just for the slim chance I'll get it. Please convince me otherwise.
>>
>>339081446
>get hooked, fire E blast
>doesn't do anything because Roadhog is unmoveable during the hook animation
This needs to be fixed.
>>
>>339085596
Whatever helps you sleep at night. At least I have fun playing video games regardless of whether I win or lose.
>>
>>339086095
get the loot boxes. even if you dont get it, youll get like 3000 gold and can buy all the costumes and emotes and poses you want
>>
File: GP03.webm (3 MB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
GP03.webm
3 MB, 720x540
>>339085875
>barrage missiles look like the Dendrobium's micro missile pods
That's fucking rad.
>>
>>339086513
The missiles in the launcher look like that too in that skin.
>>
>>339086095
Here are a few points to consider.

1. There are over 1,100 unique items you can get from a loot box.
2. You can get the same item multiple times.
3. The legendary skins have less than a 1% chance to drop.
5. Loot boxes will give you currency even if you don't get the skin you want.
5. What else are you going to buy with those coins?
6. Are you satisfied with the amount of opportunities you'll have to actually see your fancy skin? If not, you can probably hold on a bit longer.
7. There's no 4 in this list.
>>
>>339080043
They don't understand how to love a waifu for the long game, is that what you're saying?
>>
File: 1463380287511.jpg (415 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463380287511.jpg
415 KB, 1000x1000
>>339086095
You'll get Jehuty and you'll be mildly disappointed.
>>
File: 1432161995211.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1432161995211.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>339063681
Depending on the level she's indispensable, providing a vector of attack that is radically different from the other characters.

IMO
>>
>>339086157
>>339085716
You mistake sportsmanship and competitiveness for anger. Have fun playing Bastion.
>>
>>339087094
>>just accept my losses and get mad

quit backpedaling
>>
>>339081446

>Implying good pharahs will fall into hooking range of fathogs
>>
>>339087094
>I know I would either have to carry them every game or just accept my losses and get mad
>get mad
how you finna wanna backpeddle this hard famigo
>>
Pherah is only good on certain maps where she can constantly be on the high ground shooting long range rockets.

Her best map is probably Watchpoint Gibraltar on defense. Just stay high up and spam rockets from a mile away.
>>
File: Pharah having a good time.webm (3 MB, 1022x562) Image search: [Google]
Pharah having a good time.webm
3 MB, 1022x562
>>339063681
I played a shit ton of tribes/unreal 2 xmp/quake games and I enjoy playing her more than anyone else. When there are two pharahs on the team at the startI just leave.

Egyptian Samus is the best girl.
>>
>>339087293
>>339087205
The fuck are you talking about? Different anon. Maybe you guys should apply to Polygon.
>>
>>339087863
Maybe you should read a single reply up in the chain before replying.
>>
>why does no one ever talk about her
Do you even browse /v/
>>
Pharah is literally the easiest Hero to use.

You just spam her abilities and always aim at the feet.
>>
>>339087038
>Jehuty and you'll be mildly disappointed.

fuck you

>Konami will never make another Z.O.E ever again

thanks for reminding me fag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obrb--17DlY

tfw Pharah Anubis skin
>>
>>339088163
Yeah man, her "Put myself in the open" and "Knock them back once every ten second" abilities are insanely useful. Totally spammable.

You clearly havent played pharah if you think shoot feet works.
>>
>>339088163
>always aim at the feet.

congratulations you are now getting outdamaged by Mercys pistol
>>
File: 1463867469774.jpg (113 KB, 1024x800) Image search: [Google]
1463867469774.jpg
113 KB, 1024x800
>>339087038
>Jehuty
>mildly disappointed

Nigga, I'd be raining justice in fucking style if I got Jehuty or whatever the fuck the other one is. Probably Helios X or some shit like that.
>>
>>339088496
>Fly up in the air
>Attack from above
>Use space bar or right mouse button to hover a bit longer/get to safety
>Roughly 2-3 seconds left until you can fly back up into the air

Literally free kills and a victory.
>>
>>339088746
Other one is I-frame or some other commonly seen Mech
>>
>>339088746
I think the blue one is called Raptorion
>>
File: 1149122199482.png (95 KB, 725x1032) Image search: [Google]
1149122199482.png
95 KB, 725x1032
>>339088746
>>
>>339088614
He is squishy as fuck. If you ever struggle going against him, you are very, very shit.
>>
File: 1463793208915.jpg (30 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1463793208915.jpg
30 KB, 500x333
>>339088837
>not factoring in the part where everyone shoots you out of the air
>>
>>339088837
>free kills
If the enemy team is actually blind, yes. Otherwise you are a flying, defenseless target.
>>
>>339088837
Maybe if the enemy team stares at the ground for the entire game.
>>
>>339088896
Raptorion's Jehuty. He's talking about Mechaqueen.
>>
>>339063681
She's probably the second worst character only after D.Va

Even then that's a big probably, considering D.Va can at least force opponents off a point with her ulti. Phara pretty much just gives them a free kill unless you already have a Zarya ulti down or something.
>>
>>339088990
>>339088981
>>339089051
>Confirmed for casual retards
>>
>>339088837
>27
Pharah's areal superiority literally only works with an ambush. A Zenyatta can shipe you out of the air.
>>
>>339089235
The only confirmed casual retards are either the people you're playing Pharah against or you for playing against bots.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.