[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about how fucking retarded the Mother fandom is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: Mother3.jpg (66 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mother3.jpg
66 KB, 1920x1080
Can we talk about how fucking retarded the Mother fandom is?

>EarthBound releases on Wii U VC
"Nintendo hates Mother fans!"
>EarthBound: Beginnings releases on Wii U VD
"IT'S NOT MOTHER 3! THEY HATE US!"
>EarthBound on New 3DS VC
"MOTHER 3 WILL NEVER HAPPEN! THEY STILL HATE US!"

Why the fuck is there this prevailing victim complex after everything that's happened? Mother 3 is getting announced at E3 this year to send off the Wii U in a last ditch effort to boost sales for the Wii U. The timing matches up and everything. I can't wait for it to release and then see the Mother fans still bitching about SOMETHING.
>>
None of that happened, retard.
>>
I think it's pretty clear at this point that a majority of Mother ''''''''fans'''''' are only part of the community for the nerd cred and not out of genuine appreciation for Itoi's work.

Faggots like Video Games Awesome pretending that not getting annual installments of Mother sequels is a crime against humanity, the defense force for derivative projects like Mother 4, Undertale, and Lisa, and the bizarre backtracking they did when Earthbound was finally released for the U.S. Seeing the same people who spent years bitching about not having a legal copy of the game suddenly start crying about how it was too overpriced was very eye opening for me.
>>
Nintendo is only doing Zelda this E3. No digital event.
>>
>>338390601
Found the Mother fan.
>>
>>338390610
This.
>>
>>338390076
There have been a lot of rumors recently about Mother 3's release here and every time it happens people are like "I'll believe it when I see it!" We've had everything Mother thrown at us for the past 2 years. It's coming. I don't understand that mentality.
>>
Ok?
>>
File: 1421064947620.png (162 KB, 300x783) Image search: [Google]
1421064947620.png
162 KB, 300x783
>>338390076
I don't really follow the fandom well but I'm pretty sure not a lot of people said anything like that, I saw people more excited than anything for Earthbound and even Earthbound Beginnings. Also while it's not impossible to finally release over here, people are only bitter about Mother 3 due to the past 10 years Nintendo's been about releasing it killing any hope and even though Earthbound Beginnings got released you gotta realize that the game on VC is just the prototype of the localization that was made years ago, Mother 3 has no official translation they can easily release. But hey, maybe we'll get lucky, like you said, the timing is perfect.
>>
File: 1381973815139.gif (3 MB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1381973815139.gif
3 MB, 150x150
>Earthbound releases on Wii U VC
>Earthbound releases on New 3DS VC
>Still no crossbuy on Nintendo's digital platforms
>>
>Modern Nintendo
>releasing a game with pig nazis, mild body horror monsters, magical trannies, animal abuse, suicide, etc
It's not happening
>>
File: 1451610570248.gif (26 KB, 483x233) Image search: [Google]
1451610570248.gif
26 KB, 483x233
>>338390076
Can we talk instead about Comfy Mother locations?
>>
>"""fandom"""

There's your problem.
>>
>>338392820
Nintendo isn't dumb. Of course they're gonna translate it and release it. I've seen plenty of people still bitching about Mother 3 even after all of this. I mean hell, when EB Beginnings was announced, people were bitching that it wasn't Mother 3. Even when rumors of Mother 3 releasing happen, people get all victimized and act like it'll still never happen. I've seen this for so long and it annoys the shit out of me.
>>
Still kind of annoyed that Mother 1 cannot be played on the fucking new 3ds
>>
>>338390076
I dunno what sites you've been going on. It's all been nothing but "surely nintendo's gearing up for an actual M3 localization!" for every one of those releases.
>>
>>338393338
Twitter mostly.
>>
The fuck OP, Mother fandom was pretty happy with EB Zero on Wii U.
>B-BUH REGIEE GIV US MOM 3 ;-;
Did you felt with that meme?

Btw theres a lot of autism on Mother fans, but we they keep it on his autism on websites like starmen.net, nothing more to bitch about i think
>>
>>338393384
Literally everyone is a whiny bitch on twitter.

It practically encourages it by design.
>>
>>338392973
>Nintendo
>Releasing a game that they haven't officially translated themselves yet

I don't think they'd ever use the fan translation. It just doesn't strike me as something they'd ever consider.
>>
Why bother talking about it? It's just like undertale. Just enjoy the game and then completely abandon the idea of having any online discussion about it ever. You will be much happier this way.
>>
>>338390076
Who the fuck are you OP
>>
>>338393467
Still doesn't change my point that it's a prevailing mindset.
>>
>>338392973
>>338393482

The fan translation is far from perfect, but at least it wasn't censored to shit like Nintendo's version if it ever comes out.
>>
>>338393572
Someone who's gotten increasingly annoyed at the victim complex of Mother fans. It's been this way for years and it has only gotten a bit better since the re-releases.
>>
>Mother 3 is getting announced at E3 this year to send off the Wii U in a last ditch effort to boost sales for the Wii U.
I agreed with everything you said except for this. They aren't releasing an obscure virtual console GBA game as a last ditch effort. That's the most unrealistic thing I've read all day.
>>
>Mother 3
>boosting Wii U sales

Are you insane?
>>
>>338394043
That was partially joking considering no one is buying the Wii U.
>>
>>338394172
It'll definitely make someone buy it if they haven't already. I know it's not gonna boost them considerably but that was more of a joke about how no one is buying the Wii U.
>>
File: 1461866322083.gif (817 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1461866322083.gif
817 KB, 557x605
>>338390076
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1168741079/mother-to-earth-a-documentary-about-earthbound-beg
>>
>>338394409

Dude no one would buy a $300 console for a ten year old GBA game. If they want to play Mother 3 that badly they likely already have.
>>
>>338394872
I haven't.
>>
>>338393780
A lot of the more sane fans you'll find will tell you that we're extremely happy with the translation we got from Tomato. He did an amazing job, while I'm not so sure I'd trust nintendo with it now.
>>
>>338393664
And this right here will be what people will bitch and whine about if Mother 3 does get released outside of Japan on VC, or some 3DS compilation.

There is no winning and pleasing, just real entitlement.

>>338394872
Nintendo is banking on that, though. Or at least Iwata's Nintendo, seeing as the new guy quickly pushed out SNES VC on the 3DS to cash in on this, and made sure >>338392852 is still a thing, despite new account system and all.
>>
Only idiots want mother 3 localized. Mother 3 and earthbound are my favorite games ever made and I could guarantee you if modern nintendo is in charge of the translation it will be absolute shit. Would rather just have a great fan translation then a garbage official translation. Also 50% of the fanbase are 13 year olds who post shitty art on deviantart and tumblr, ignore them.
>>
If you haven't played Mother 3 already than I feel sorry for you.

Itoi is done with it and so should you. Appreciate for what it is and move on.
>>
>>338396627
They can't be your favorite games if some douche bag translates it inaccurately and you can't read Japanese. You'll never know how faithful the translation is and if things were lost in translation or altered because of the translators biases
>>
>>338397318
But they are my favorite games, also a full comparison of mother 2 and earthbound's full script has been done. Unlike most people here I don't get ass ravaged over some changes.
>>
File: NEVER EVER.png (919 KB, 1268x706) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.png
919 KB, 1268x706
Why do people even want Mother 3 to be localized, again? Everyone who was remotely interested in playing the game already did so on an emulator, and there won't be a Mother 4. There's absolutely no point in it.

Besides, even before the whole Treehouse shit last year, the localization wouldn't be as good as the fan translation. All that would happen is people buying the localized version and then getting mad at how some things were translated.
>>
Mother fans don't call Mother 1 Earthbound: Beginnings for starters. Falseflagging faggot.
>>
>>338390671
congratulations
>>
>>338397795
I don't think Nintendo is localizing the game just for the fans. But to get the IP some more recognition.

If you've kept up with their recent business proposals, one of their goals is to use movies, TV shows and such as a way to get their IP reach out to more people.

The fact that they brought EB to Wii U and n3DS VC, "localized" Mother 1 and are now localizing Mother 3 could just be the start of something bigger. Not saying they're actually gonna make a movie or such but they could just be gauging interest on the franchise itself to see what can be done with it, if anything.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.