[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no poise How does it feel to be tricked into buying Dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: Laughing Ruin Sentinels.jpg (133 KB, 443x376) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Ruin Sentinels.jpg
133 KB, 443x376
>no poise

How does it feel to be tricked into buying Dark Souls II for the second time, hypefags?
>>
>>338366160

Poise was the worst-realized and implemented mechanic in the series. DaS1 poise was one of the main factors in why DeS/BB had strictly better gameplay.

Poise was catastrophic, and undermines the gameplay almost completely.
>>
File: 1463331090787.jpg (157 KB, 1237x1444) Image search: [Google]
1463331090787.jpg
157 KB, 1237x1444
>>338366160
Its working as intended man, lay off
>>
>>338366301
>>338366502

Keep telling yourselves that as players in full Havel's get stunlocked into oblivion by Estoc users.

I realize they're both cancerous playstyles and that Dark Souls I's poise system was far from perfect, but I'd take that over what From did with Dark Souls III anytime.

Not to mention the fact that poise has been discovered to be correctly coded into the game, but they disabled it for whatever stupid reason, which is a whole new level of retardation.
>>
Without poise fast weapons are infinitely better than slow ones in PvP.
>>
File: 1460343046848.jpg (88 KB, 453x561) Image search: [Google]
1460343046848.jpg
88 KB, 453x561
>>338366767
I'm aware of the situation, and I hate it too.
I miss Odingadr
>>
>>338366767

That's a problem with Estoc, retardbro.

Also here's the old poise in DaS1:

>Proper spacing and timing down the shitter. You can properly time and space an attack and get punished even though your opponent played poorly.
>Punishing an attack properly often leads to unfavorable trades depending on poise variables between opponents.
>BS punish almost any behavior due to poise just allowing you to wall through swings.
>Reinforces the need for BS defense too much.
>Non frame-trap r1-spam light weapons are basically garbage (small axes, small blunts, daggers, rapiers, short swords, whips, etc).
>Frame trap light weapons are the stupidest weapons ever made (aka Katana/Falchion smash r1).
>Small weapon combos unusable, all combos in general reduced to smashing R1 (unlike DeS).

In general poise ruins entire types of weapons, dumbs down combos, makes the game too BS-oriented, removes the value of spacing/timing/punishing in most matchups, etc.
>>
>>338366897

That's a weapon balance problem. DeS had no poise, and the tiers broke down to this:

S: DBS, Estoc.
A+: Katana.
A: Gaxe, Hammer, Kilij, NR.
B: Spear.
C: BBS, Guillotine, Clay, etc.

So DBS being the best weapon and Gaxe, Polearms, and NR being extremely strong had nothing to do with poise, and this issue is weapon-end. I mean did you people even play DeS?
>>
File: quality pvp experience.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
quality pvp experience.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
>>
the lack of poise and hyper armor is the major reason why heavy weapons are actually viable. Stop being retarded and learn how to deal with r1 spammers
>>
>>338368787
wow it's almost like there was no hyper armor in demon souls
>>
>>338369156
This. It's the sad truth of it. The big benefit of big weapons is being able to tank through estoc shitters. If poise existed then estoc users could tank as well.
>>
>>338369231

There was though.
>>
>>338369231

DBS and Gaxe have hyper armor on like half their attacks.
>>
File: Happy - Master.gif (668 KB, 245x153) Image search: [Google]
Happy - Master.gif
668 KB, 245x153
>>338366160
Pretty great.
>>
You know you can actually activate Poise, right?

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/18/?
>>
>>338368585
It's always funny when people argue that poise helps the Ultra weapons
No, no it doesn't
They always lose to those frame trap light weapons, they get poise-backstabbed...
In DS1 they were only ever good for BS fishing and ripostes
>>
File: 1462909971997.gif (143 KB, 395x408) Image search: [Google]
1462909971997.gif
143 KB, 395x408
>>338366160
>fat rollers and shield babies getting btfo
>>
Actually there is poise and it works.

I noticed it happening when k was going through the path to cathedral of the deep. I was testing out Flynn ring so I went naked into the area with a bunch of archers and dogs.

I noticed every arrow that hit my character my guy staggered as if he got shot in the head. Then I put on full northern gear and the arrows didn't stagger at all.
>>
>>338369946

I never got it either. The only way old school poise would be good is if the game provided you with the information about your opponent's poise in real-time, then you could it least adjust your strategy accordingly. Even then a lot of weapons would still get left in the dust.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.