[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roses are red, Violets are blue. Boss, that's the target.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 17
File: 16.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1080
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Boss, that's the target.
He's coming too?
Let's try and talk about MGSV.
>>
File: I Heart The D.jpg (511 KB, 3507x1973) Image search: [Google]
I Heart The D.jpg
511 KB, 3507x1973
>All that pre-release hype
>That "Oh shit" moment when BB starts gunning down children and his own soldiers in the trailers
>Everybody speculating all sorts of crazy shit about how BB starts going off the deep end
>People suggesting that he murdered the kids because they stole his diamond dogs
>Somebody posts how you can fulton extract child soldiers and everybody thinks you can actually add them to your army
>Theories that Skullface was gonna die early on and start going all Tyler Durden on you
>Theories that you join up with Skullface and start working with him
>Wondering whether or not your soldiers are going to betray you and that's why they point the laser at you and BB guns them down later
>Either that or you just undergo a PTSD meltdown or start hallucinating
>That one guy who suggested that the soldiers figured out about you starting the wars that killed their families and you have to kill all of them to prevent them from spreading the information
>Ideas where you have to kill everybody in a mission for S-rank to cement Big Boss' step into villainy
>Somebody points out that Sahelanthropus' spikes looks like a lot like the shrapnel in your head and that you might actually be having an hallucination when you're driving away from it in the car
>That fucking idea where the game ends with you infiltrating your unique and fully customized Mother Base as Solid Snake
>mfw this game was one of the biggest fucking disappointments that I've ever experienced and I will forever search for a story that does something like the trailers depicted well
>>
forgettable

I replayed a few of the previous MGS games in the lead up to V and even though that was months prior I still remember so much more from MGS2 than I do TPP.
>>
File: 21.jpg (436 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
436 KB, 1920x1080
>>338336492
>the game ends with you infiltrating your unique and fully customized Mother Base as Solid Snake
Stop, I can only get so erect.
>>
>>338336406
Who here has dedicated hours of their lives to hunting down nukes for this buggy disarmament shit? I gave up on PC and am considering getting the game on PS3/PS4 so I can try help out there - the PC version is just fucked beyond repair. So many hackers and modders makes it impossible for that version to ever reach 0 nukes.
>>
AS I BECOME MORE PRESENT NOW
I CAN'T SEE THROUGH THE PAIN
>>
STANDING
>>
I want to play it but you've all convinced me that it's bad.
>>
File: 1450093868019.png (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450093868019.png
30 KB, 400x400
>>338336965
if you havent played it yet, you're probably not a hyped fan, and you're gonna enjoy the fantastic gameplay anyways
>>
Started doing some side ops in Ground Zeroes recently. I already have TPP on PS3 but I might get it on PC on the summer sale to play again. Despite the shit story, it's a damn fun game.
>>
>>338336492
Feels fucking awful man. Those trailers were next-level
>>
I have had this game for months, just can't get into the way I have mgs1-3. What's the deal? Am I playing wrong? I don't want to go back to base all the time, manage fucking retards, buy guns, I just want to play. And by play I don't mean steal 5t trucks with poor physics and drive them around the map. What gives?
>>
>>338337297
It's worth doing them. You can get some unique soldiers that help with the early game from them. Make sure you rescue all the PoWs and pull out and The Eye and Finger, and the mole of course.
>>
MGSV helped me grow up. I'll never hype something so hard again.

It also turned me into a hard cynic when it comes to vidya in general.
>>
File: image.png (571 KB, 980x490) Image search: [Google]
image.png
571 KB, 980x490
I remember this being one of the first games where I literally could not stop thinking about before and after release. The gameplay was so good that I couldn't wait to get home and play. I fucking loved the gameplay, and was an overall FUN game. I loved doing all the objectives and getting S rank on everything, and unlocking all of the gadgets and upgrades. It's really too bad because the game was obviously supposed to have been 10x bigger, and I would have been okay with paying for expansions because the gameplay was just that good. But watching Episode 51 after the ending gave me the emptiest feeling in the world, as if I grew up with a missing limb that I could feel despite knowing it didn't exist. With all of the drama surrounding Hideo and Kojima, I knew this game's fate was predetermined. All of the threads speculating that there was more and that Konami was behind this whole ruse kept me wishing and begging it to be true. But it's been 8 months. Only stupid FOB and MGO updates have happened. H&K have moved on. They're onto their next project. I just hope none of this garbage happened again, and Sony does everything to make H&K happy.
>>
>>338336492
>all better ideas than what was in the actual game
Kojima is a hack, and I use to think he was a god
>>
>>338337394
You just got to route your journey better.
You should barely ride the helicopter if you're playing it right.
>>
>>338337973

Oh, word. That may help. Am I wrong in thinking the missions seem generic and not very Metal Gear-esque? I lost interest in infiltrating caves and patrol posts, hence the truck driving. Also, where are the pinup Japanese women posters?
>>
>>338338106
>Am I wrong in thinking the missions seem generic and not very Metal Gear-esque

No, they are awful.

>Also, where are the pinup Japanese women posters?

Gone. You get some white women and anime ones instead.
>>
>Fake difficulty and un-fun compared to ANY AND ALL OTHER METAL GEAR GAMES.

Including the NES one, which is just memorization on where to go and in what order.

Don't say "OPEN WORLD!" immediately then relinquishing the "open" parts because you want me to infiltrate some corner nook base with 50,000,000 guards and all you fucking give me is a loud assault rifle and a shit tranq pistol that can't snipe due to people wearing helmets that ACTUALLY WORK which is a brilliant "TECHNOLOGY!" moment in gaming which I haven't had in a while.

But yeah. MGS5? Shit terrible. Should have balanced it better.
>>
File: MGSV chapter 2.webm (866 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
MGSV chapter 2.webm
866 KB, 720x404
>>338336406
>>
>>338338289

God, what's even the point of living?
>>
File: hs jiggle.jpg (14 KB, 200x156) Image search: [Google]
hs jiggle.jpg
14 KB, 200x156
>>338338440

I'm that baby nigga, I'm that baby.
>>
>>338336492
>The "return to Camp Omega" was just an MGO map.
>Learning about Chapter 3.
>Learning about Episode 51.
It will never stop hurting. Bravo, Kajimbo. Bravo.
>>
>>338338440
Lets see if I remember how to link to other boards

>>>/wsg/1085695
>>
>>338338639
The posters have a pretty cool use, though they are just replacing something else from previous games. They are neat either way.
>>
>>338336965
It's not bad. It's just not as good as people wanted. It's a solid 7 game

Beautiful graphics. Solid controls. Annoying aspets such as
>Griding for materials for Mother Base and weapons
>Have to fulton a bunch of soldiers to unlock better soliders so you can get better gear
>Have to pay microtransactions for online bullshit if you're on consoles
>Repetitive objectives
>Lackluster levels
>Not too many bosses and not many are good

The story is pretty terrible as well but that's been the case since MGs4
>>
>>338337929
I'm still holding out hope for the final content patch to include some single-player stuff. Even if it's just a few more missions or a polished 51, I'd be happy.
>>
>>338336632
>customize MB
>it's just a fucked up layout on oil rigs again

I wanted more of a realistic base on some island or something with surrounding forests, barracks, lounges, vehicle depots and the like to kind of emulate military life.

>that feel when you'll never be able to join in the showers with your brothers in arms.
>>
>>338340165
I never payed attention to materials usage tbhonest. just extrated whatever I saw
you don't have to pay microtransactions
>>
File: mgsvtpp_2016_04_08_04_26_50_446.png (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp_2016_04_08_04_26_50_446.png
1 MB, 1920x1200
It's called the Phantom Pain for a reason. We, the players, will be forever left with the phantom pain of a game that never came. An ending we pined for, but never received. Kojima knew he couldn't deliver such a thing, so he played us all like a damn bagpipe. He even got the players to turn on Konami, as if it's their fault he's a terrible game designer. A true legend of our lifetime.

If you don't believe Kojima planned it all along, then I'm going to bet you weren't around for MGS2 release. Go read his interviews back then, look at the promo material for each game up to V. You will see he's always toying with players in some way.
>>
>>338336492
I think the game would've been a lot better if they adopted the whole Big Boss turns evil like everyone wanted.

It was bad enough Kojima turned him into a misunderstood hero in 4. And he does the same thing with Zero and company in V. The reason for Quiet's lack of clothing was weak as well when other clothed characters had a similar ailment
>>
>>338340489
how's that autism treating you?

it's an unfinished game and that's that.
>>
>>338341128
Big Boss in V was the lesser of three evils. At least there was Huey to point it out.
>other clothed characters had a similar ailment
Code Talker didn't have parasites in place of his lungs and a digestive system
The skulls... well, nothing about them actually makes sense. I guess Kojima just wanted them to look cool.
>>
>>338341349
you're being memed on m8
>>
How would you change/fix the open world aspect of the game?
>>
File: memed again friendo.png (82 KB, 1124x1308) Image search: [Google]
memed again friendo.png
82 KB, 1124x1308
>>338341349
>>
>>338341564
It would be a lot smaller with more semi open world design like MGS1/GZ vs true free roam world.
>>
File: 22.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
263 KB, 1920x1080
>>338341471
Some of the Skulls kept the look.
>>
>>338341564

I honestly always like MGS interiors, I would like more of those. V felt like fucking Conflict Desert Storm to me (the PS2? game). And your fucking base, what a boring place with no opening doors.
>>
>>338341809
>eye patches on back of the head
>Radio on back
>butt pouch just like Venom
>demon tail strap just like venom

What on earth did Kojima mean by this? And I don't pose that question in the meme sense, I'm just trying to work out what the fuck is going on with the Skulls.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1440x810
>>338341495
>>338341621
>>
>>338336492
>mfw Kojima literally did disappointed everyone on purpose because he was fed up with people not liking his endings
>the phantom pain refers to the player feeling the game is incomplete

I want to get mad but I can't
>>
File: 1422019081954-0.jpg (81 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1422019081954-0.jpg
81 KB, 645x773
gameplay is fucking solid but they half-assed the story... the game feels cold and empty compared to previous MGS games

if they had just like kojima spend a few more months giving the game the full kojima treatment, it would have been great
>>
>>338341349
But it's true.
http://gamingbolt.com/hideo-kojima-on-metal-gear-solid-5-there-is-a-blank-space-will-not-be-filled
>>
>>338342759
>I'ts bad for a reason!

That's all well and good but instead of writing a bad script to prove some kind of point he could have just written a good script that made fans happy and ended the series on a high note.
>>
>>338342759
sounded more like he was trying to save face and idiots like you ate it up because it was kojima
>>
Does anyone know if Konami owns the FOX engine, or does Kojima?
>>
>>338343210
Konami unfortunately.
>>
>>338342526
That's okay, I'm mad enough for the both of us.
>>
File: 1462926957746.gif (221 KB, 561x560) Image search: [Google]
1462926957746.gif
221 KB, 561x560
is there still any slight chance for more story DLC
>>
>>338344404
Nah. Problem is, Kojima got obsessed with hiring big names for mocap and voice acting to suck his dick instead of actually writing characters, so it's unlikely Konami will be able to get them back for DLC. I'd just dump them all and hire new people, but I doubt Konami care that much.
>>
File: 1442435012125.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1442435012125.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1200
>shit missions
>act 3 makes you perform the same shit missions all over again but now with fake limitations
>companions are literally cheats

The game is only fun, and absolutely only fun if you completely not give a fuck about the story and the mission ratings (aka no fun allowed just run to the end). Which means, don't play it as if it was a Metal Gear, consider it as an open world sandbox game with a few scripted missions/events.
>>
>>338336406
It is a great game. One of the best I played recently.

Fuck the whole "it's not the game I wanted" meme. It's called The Phantom Pain for a good reason.
>>
>>338345602
>10 combat alerts
Or you could not be shit at the game.
>>
>>338345602
Sounds like you just suck.
No traq, non lethal, no alerts, all mission tasks is the funnest way to play and it gets you an S pretty easily.
It's also fun to dissect the story to see where it faltered.
>>
>>338345928
The gameplay is fantastic, but there is no excuse for how disappointing the story was.
>It's called The Phantom Pain for a good reason
I like Kojima's general work, but that is some 1st class dick-riding you're doing.
>>
File: adventuretimegearsolid.gif (73 KB, 600x498) Image search: [Google]
adventuretimegearsolid.gif
73 KB, 600x498
>>338345602
>Subsistence missions
Annoying as they were, actually felt really cool in hindsight because they forced you to be stealthy and cunning with only what you found on the field. These made me get creative at times.
>Perfect Stealth missions
Nothing new at all if you were already aiming for perfect stealth the whole game.
>Extreme missions
Not good but not bad either. Just meh.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.