[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We trigger /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1444379421510.png (1 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
1444379421510.png
1 MB, 1360x768
ITT: We trigger /tv/
>>
File: tpm-sets.jpg (257 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
tpm-sets.jpg
257 KB, 630x1200
Star Wars Episode I is not just the best prequel but the best Star Wars movie

Like, legitimately it is. A self-contained plot that makes sense (a planet getting invaded and the Jedi having to save it). A whole new world, fully fleshed out, with beautiful location design / character design / everything. Many exciting action sequences during the movie (e.g. podracing). Lightsaber fights that actually have emotional weight to them (Obi Wan and Qui Gon fighting Darth Maul, and Obi Wan having to avenge his master's death), instead of just 15 minutes of CGI wankery (like in Episode III). And on that point, Episode I uses physical sets and physical miniatures (pic related) so the movie actually looks fucking real. II and III are completely ruined by far too much CGI.

On the subject of the plot, there is a clear story arc in Episode I. We meet the Jedi, they crash land on Naboo, they meet inhabitants, the planet is in trouble, blah blah blah, we have the concluding battle and they save the day. Episode II and III don't have clear story arcs. What even happens in II? Oh yeah we find out they're making a clone army. And then we have that pointless fight with all the Jedi near the end. Is there a story arc to that movie? Well the love story maybe. Otherwise it's just filler until Episode III. Episode III doesn't have a story arc either. It starts with the most ridiculous character design I've ever seen (DUDE FOUR SPINNING LIGHTSABERS LMAO) then the rest of the movie is just "look, Anakin is getting ANGRIER" and then you're just waiting for the gratuitous 30 seconds of Darth Vader footage.

The idea that Episode III is an internet meme, a regurgitated opinion for people who can't form their own.
>>
>>69305225

RACE MIXING DEGENERATES
>>
>>69305630
Episode I had shitty characters spewing boring political dialogue while pretending the plot was moving forward.

Though I can agree with you on episode III, good lord that was just awful on every level.
>>
Baneposting is for faggot socially inept numale virgins who will call you a hothead when you trigger them

and its 100% true
>>
Steven Seagal sucks
>>
>>69309067
Everyone agrees with that though.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 2000x1000
>>
>>69305225
why is the fox so smug
>>
>>69309156
what's this from?
>>
>>69308847
F-for you
>>
>>69309609
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPJSsAr2iu0
>>
>>69305630
I'd have to say that some of the sets and visuals were very pleasing, but the animated characters (That weren't Droids) were just terrible.
>>
File: 2989593-9976886272-Chadw.jpg (15 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
2989593-9976886272-Chadw.jpg
15 KB, 600x300
Nice to see more representation in super hero movies.
>>
File: 1438785887219-1.png (108 KB, 319x279) Image search: [Google]
1438785887219-1.png
108 KB, 319x279
>>69308847
>my shitpostings better than yours!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.