[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is every King of the Hill episode basically >Strawman comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 0AnFGUN.jpg (41 KB, 497x410) Image search: [Google]
0AnFGUN.jpg
41 KB, 497x410
Is every King of the Hill episode basically

>Strawman comes onto the show
>Hank is a good boy, he dindu nuffin - he just wanted to mow his lawn. He was getting his propane career back on track!
>Strawman is defeated in some way by Hank's old fashioned ways

Or am I missing something?
>>
>>69122067
God its crazy! every episode of star trek tng is
they are exploring space, something fucks with the ship and they have to try and get back to their mission of exploration. geez this is lazy.

and like every episode of southpark is the boys just want to have fun and the adults start doing something politically satirical and the kids use good old fashioned innocent logic to snap everyone out of it. fucking shit show.

Can't stand these fucking 20 minute shows with characters that we follow in common situations JUST FUCK MY AUTISM UP!
>>
That's a common type of episode. But there are also episodes where Peggy is a stupid clueless bitch and everyone goes out of their way not to hurt her feelings.
>>
>>69122067
I hate this shitty show so much glad it ended.
>>
in short no....

what you call strawman is usually a slightly exaggerated representative of the 'modern world'.

and any show can sound stupid when you use excessive greentext and meme-words.

But back on topic... the whole point of the show is to show the contrast between traditional and modern worldviews. the situations and 'strawmen' are usually representatives of the modern world that the hill family comes into contact with. but the thing that makes koth special is that it shows that both sides are crazy and sane in their own respects. sometimes the Hill family's traditional worldviews are shown to be justified while other times the 'strawmen' turn ou tto be more rational
>>
>>69122067
Never watched this. Was it good?
>>
>>69123159

Feel free to quit posting anytime to be quite honest with you family.
>>
File: 1459702024816.jpg (45 KB, 291x280) Image search: [Google]
1459702024816.jpg
45 KB, 291x280
I hated how Peggy always got away with everything. She smuggled cocaine into prison. She kidnapped a Mexican girl. She set up a scheme to get her money back from a con man (which shouldn't have worked). That's just the tip of the iceberg. She does shit that could ruin the family.
>>
>>69124529
ESCUCHAME?!
>>
>>69123159
off yourself
>>
>>69124529
And she murdered that crazy guy.
>>
>>69124529

she was also perfectly ok with bobby losing a finger in shop class

and I dont mean just "yah, take shop, its a risk but it probably wont happen" but literally encouraging him to do it
>>
>>69123223

Yes it's great.
>>
>>69124529

Don't forget getting her niece fired, manslaughter and purposely Sabotaging a poor mans high school degree.
>>
>>69123223
damn good show
>>
File: 1462222235349.jpg (325 KB, 634x819) Image search: [Google]
1462222235349.jpg
325 KB, 634x819
>>69123223
The art style is a little hard to get used to and the first seasons is slow (characters also talk differently in the first seasons, although the voice actors don't change as far as I'm aware), but the show as a whole is really great.
It isn't the intellectual satire of southern folk some people assume it would be, it's more of a SoL comedy.
>>
File: 90599[1].jpg (47 KB, 700x437) Image search: [Google]
90599[1].jpg
47 KB, 700x437
>>69122067
>strawman
>dindu nuffin

Well, yeah, sure, I mean, if you spend all day shuffling memes around, you can make any show sound bad
>>
>>69123223
I live in Texas and it shows how people live in suburban Texas pretty well

It's nice, it's hot, sometimes your biggest problem is mowing the lawn because there's plenty of space everywhere for lawns unlike the big cities where you don't get any space at all.

There's a lot of people like Hank who don't have anything big or bold planned beyond doing an honest day's work and raising their kids, and, honestly, what the fuck's wrong with that?

When did this country get so fucked up that this was a bad thing?
>>
>>69123223
If you live in Texas you might like it if you dont then you will hate it.
>>
>>69124529
The Prison episode is great.
>>
>hey hank, what do you think would happen if we drank over there?
>curiosity killed the cat, dale
>>
File: 1445925850562.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445925850562.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
Not really. KotH is character driven more than plot driven. Family Guy is the opposite. It sounds like a cop-out, but you have to watch several seasons in order to learn the characters.

Also, having lived in the Mid-south Texas area, it's extremely true to life. I'm not sure you can really enjoy the show on every level if you aren't aware of local color and tradition. The OU/Texas joke they make in one episode is a good example
>>
>>69122506
South Park had a running gag this past season on the whole 'speech' thing, but I'll agree that it's pretty formulaic once you get right down to it. Still makes me laugh though
>>
>>69127303

Basically this. Fellow Texasfag here.
>>
>>69127303
>>69127617
True in what way? I'm curious

t. Califag
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.