[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ Screenwriting General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1459696881137.jpg (7 KB, 260x274) Image search: [Google]
1459696881137.jpg
7 KB, 260x274
What are you working on?

How far along are you?

I'm in the process of writing a one hour, spec pilot. Wrote a few scenes already, want to get the first draft done possibly by this weekend.
>>
File: swg1.png (23 KB, 980x544) Image search: [Google]
swg1.png
23 KB, 980x544
Is my formatting decent? I'm using Word because Final Draft freezes my computer. Found a guide online to make a template in Word that you can use for teleplay and screenplay writing.
>>
>>68904720

The Forgotten Ranger by Terrell Quentin Rogers – The story of how society forgot about a superhero who just never got the same amount of attention the elite superheroes did. His name is Terrell, a resident of Bedford-Stuvesant, Brooklyn. The story is told leading up to the events of the Chitauri InVasion of New York City. Terrell comes out of superhero retirement and becomes a hero one more time, in order to defend his borough of Brooklyn against the alien invasion. In Marvel’s The Avengers the story focused mostly on how Manhattan dealt with the Chitauri InVasion. In the Forgotten Ranger, this story will explain what took place in Brooklyn during the events of the Chitauri Invasion.The story also offers flashbacks into Terrell’s past where Terrell as a teenager secretly worked for The World’s Security Council as the Corporate Red and led a team called the Corporate Rangers. The flashbacks also cover Terrell’s days with S.H.I.E.L.D (Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division) as Next Gen Quantum, and his eventual fallout with S.H.I.E.L.D. The flashbacks then cover his finals days as a superhero and eventually his retirement. Terrell remains retired until a alien invasion (The Chitauri) of New York City forces Terrell to morph back into action and becomes a superhero once again. But will the world finally take notice of Terrell/Corporate Red/Next Gen Quantum? Or will society continue to ignore and abandon him? The story continues in the sequel WTS (Wolverine, Terrell, Spider-man).
>>
>>68904720
https://corporationnextgenseries.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/infinitywarsparti-copy5.pdf
>>
who /celtx/ here?
>>
Two act film about nightmares, despair, isolation and depravity all set against a desert backdrop
>>
>>68904780
Check out CeltX dude, it's free but I think you need internet.
>>
>>68905515
So basically the Knighmare sequence from BvS?
>>
>>68905559

Thanks I'll look into it
>>
File: 1448372781495.jpg (3 KB, 112x125) Image search: [Google]
1448372781495.jpg
3 KB, 112x125
You know, I first came to /tv/ years ago when I wanted to get into filmmaking. I'd done acting for a couple years but I really wanted to get into telling my own stories, and showing people the things I had in mind.
I had so many great ideas I wanted to try out, I thought "Hey, 4chan is always a place to find relateable people, I bet there are some shoestring filmmakers on the television and film board" "Maybe they even have people working on cool projects they want people to join in on" "There's always interesting advice from likeminded weirdos and creative types in the dark crevices of places like 4chan"
>It's 99.999% nothing but paedo threads, comic book movie discussions, and memes, full of the absolutely lowest common denominator of 4chan, literally "anyone who watches tv or movies"

I think I gave up on my dreams long ago. How have you guys not yet?
>>
>>68906983
no
dont give up anon

but here is a pasta that I love

I have to laugh every time I see somebody criticizing a great filmmaker who caters to us normal people who actually leave our house to interact with other normal people. Fuck these autist cunts in their fedora-wearing asses. It's like some unwritten rule in their pathetic notebook that they have to be miserable at everything, that the world is "shit" and everything they hear or see is "shit" and the agenda of everyone is "shit".

We get it. We watched that South Park episode, too. You have Asperger's Syndrome. Now drink some whisky, lighten the fuck up and seek help for it. You're not the only one in that boat, bucko.

WE rule this board, now. WE decide who's cool and who's not. You rock spiders clinging to the 4chan of the past? The ones that yearn for Bela Tarr marathons while you lick Dorito crumbs off of your fingers and weep for "being born in the wrong generation"? You're archaic. You're ancient fucking history. You've been left behind.

Come out of your basement, you cave-dwellers. Come and celebrate the new millennium by watching some Tarantino films with the rest of us. It's the present year and we have cake. Even though it's a lie.
>>
>>68904720
I'm, writing one about a mild schizophrenic who thinks the government is using his schizophrenia as a cover to test experiment on him
>>
>>68907314
how exactly does your story develop?
>>
>>68905152
what is this?
>>
>>68907537
It's more about the effects of psycho pharmacology on people
It's also ambiguously conspiratorial
>>
>>68905434
ma nigga
>>
How are fight scenes written?

Are there any good examples of that?
>>
>>68907272
Aw fuck, these people rule /tv/ now don't they?
>>
>>68906983
Join >implying we can discuss movies on Facebook. It's a 4chan based Facebook group. Lots of patricians there. And good friends too.
>>
>>68907272
Is that pasta a joke? It seems like a joke
>>
>>68909123

pls respond
>>
>>68905434
Ayyy what up senpai

I'm thinking about a couple projects this summer, and I want to start honing my craft after having finished two projects last semester (see here https://youtu.be/KUSJe8F8vLg and here but this is a rough cut https://youtu.be/K-XIm_r6EQs )

Gonna try my hand at writing something surreal next.
>>
>>68909123
I'm not entirely sure, but from what I recall it's best to write it in short, choppy sentence fragments.

>Pepe dodges a punch. Ducks. Moves behind Wojak and grabs him from behind. Wojak struggles to wrestle free.
And so on and so forth.
>>
>>68906983
>I think I gave up on my dreams long ago. How have you guys not yet?
Because I'm not a fucking pussy.

Making my own shit has been extremely rewarding, and every project makes me want to do another.
>>
>>68904720
>What are you working on?
Working on my city-based character drama.

>How far along are you?
Have no idea, honestly. I don't know how long it "wants" to be: there are aspects that make me want to keep it short (like, no more than 50 pages), but there are nice little nuggets that I can expand on. Right now, I'm at around 22-ish pages, close to the first act's official end -- I'm just polishing and repolishing these pages until I have an exact idea of what I want the ending to be like.
>>
>tfw no one writes anymore

where's my lightning? It strikes at the most random and rare times. I need to figure out how to harness it so it's perpetual.
Any tips?
>>
>>68913501
It's cliche advice, but just keep writing shit. As much as you can.

It's not that it strikes more when you do that, just that you notice it more.
>>
>>68913827
man when I try to write it's not shit but it's close and at times I try but there's nothing coming out, I have a list of ideas 15+ pages long, but I just don't feel it when I want to, and if I put words to paper it's listless.
>>
>>68904780
Replace "upscale" with the name of the restaurant.
>>
>>68913501
>Any tips?
Your guess is as good as mine, honestly.

I think, more than anything, you need something that _positively drives_ you to write, and then you need to keep that thing on your mind as often as you can. "Positive" is important, since it should encourage your inner self, rather than be driven by a fear of loss of money, fame, etc. (since even great, well-respected writers lose their lightning or procrastinate, even at risk of losing their highly regarded jobs).

Finding the drive -- a true, genuine drive -- is also difficult. Some people are lucky: they might have people in their life who they want to entertain with their stories, either now (for friends or close relatives) or in the future (for offspring and posterity in general). Other people are truly motivated by the basic rewards in this line of work: money, respect, etc.

It's honestly unclear what works for each person.

----

One possible perspective is my own, but about fitness. I used to really not care about getting fit, and I wasn't interested in most of the usual benefits (looking good, being healthier, being *mentally* healthier, etc.).

But, at some point, I came to the conclusion that it's worth the effort, simply because if I ever chose to kill myself early on, I'd know that I was in as good a state of mind as I could possibly be.

From there, I've been able to more easily and more readily justify the pain of getting fit. There are any number of cliches and phrases in the world of fitness that sound SO bullshit when you're outside looking in, but they ring much truer when you've put yourself in a position where you believe. "No pain, no gain" is probably the biggest one, and once I accepted that I *had* to get the "gains", I was able to accept the pain as a means.

---

I dunno how to adapt this mentality to (screen)writing, though.
>>
>>68914423
>There are any number of cliches and phrases in the world of fitness that sound SO bullshit when you're outside looking in, but they ring much truer when you've put yourself in a position where you believe
I feel that shit man
>>
Is it really a bad idea to write a spec script for an existing TV show that's done?

Where I'm going with this is shamefully shilling my X-Files script again because I need to make sure I'm writing a screenplay the right way. Can't post it in a presentable format because I'm paranoid.
>>
>>68914423
huh, thanks anon. I'll try to find the positive drive.
I feel listless most of the time and it's like being adrift at sea just looking at a blank page while my mind fills with white noise.
>>
bunp
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.