[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we agree this movie was fucking attrocious. But can we discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-28-11h01m25s987.png (186 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-28-11h01m25s987.png
186 KB, 720x304
So we agree this movie was fucking attrocious.

But can we discuss WHAT THE FUCK is with this guy? why did they told this decent jew actor to completely act like a caricature of a permavirgin beta numale?

He behaves like those kids in highschool that were always reading manga and talking about animu and vidyagam3z.

What thge fuck was the point of it? was it just a smoke screen to hide his real true villian persona?

I cant believe they did this seriously.
>>
I'm a pleb, the post
>>
>>68852114
I'm not even sure who you're trying to bait here. The DCfags who'll defend this or the Marvelfags who'll wish your arguments were better constructed.
>>
File: Based Brody.jpg (547 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Based Brody.jpg
547 KB, 500x500
>The devil gets, as usual, the most florid dialogue, and Jesse Eisenberg dispenses it with exuberant intelligence. He steals every scene. In a recent interview in Le Monde, Eisenberg discussed his approach to the role:

>"Luthor becomes a character from Greek tragedy. At least, that’s how I approached it, in accord with the screenwriter. He only talks about ideas, which makes him a profoundly theatrical character. I can also play on a paradox: rendering this individual funny although he behaves in an appalling way, also showing him prone to deep depressions because of his internal conflicts. I did everything I could to theatricalize him in the extreme. I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film."

>Eisenberg’s gleeful and inventive performance suggests that he may be at his best in a tight framework that restrains his physicality and converges his acting to vocal inflections and turns of phrase, gestures and facial expressions. (Those were his great contributions to “The Social Network” as well.)
>>
>>68852114
What a boring little cunt you are.
>>
>>68852228
Too bad his ideas are inconsistent at best and high-sounding nonsense at worst.

He's also not humorous in the least and comes off as a manic pervert.
>>
>>68852228
>>68852228
>Those were his great contributions to “The Social Network” as well

no. in that role he lays an autist perfectly, which is what the real Jewbook mastermind is.

Luthor is a genius, a sociopath and he outhinks everyone everytime, kinda like Doctor Doom, but still he plays the character like a fucking highschool loser.

>>68852228
>I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor
THIS sums it up perfectly, people who love the Superman character and have been reading it for years know exactly what Luthor represents, which makes it even sadder because it means Jewse Eisenbergenstein had no fucking clue of the character he was playing.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-28-11h45m02s279.png (160 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-28-11h45m02s279.png
160 KB, 720x304
Finally... this woman has ruine every single movie ive ever seen with her...

that fucking lisp.. that fucking "SSSSSSSSSS" sound when she talks, her mouth completely sideways... damn this movie is bad.
>>
My guess is they made Lex a cocky prick so that after he got BTFO by Bats and Supes he would have a reason to act more like Lex in future movies.
>>
smallville lex best lex
>>
>>68852114
HE PLAYS THE SAME CHARACTER IN EVERY MOVIE

social network, now you see me, and now this. Le witty fast-talking smart man!
>>
>>68852114
>He behaves like those kids in highschool that were always reading manga and talking about animu and vidyagam3z.

So, modern day 4chan. Sounds like the perfect opposite of Superman to me
>>
File: critic[1].jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
critic[1].jpg
22 KB, 300x279
The pain of post–9/11 as reflected in Nolan’s Batman films was a paradigm shift. But fantasy cannot conscientiously be enjoyed Nolan’s way, without any sense of social, historical, or moral consequence. Snyder manipulates this new paradigm so that mankind’s sense of mortality is embodied by Batman, Superman, and their arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor. (All three characterization performances are, well, perfect.) When Superman’s motives are questioned, the skepticism and vilification create an antagonism between him and Batman that Snyder lays out as an ideological conflict and that Luthor exacerbates. Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg, who played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network and thus personifies the craven millennium) cynically whines about “The oldest lie in America: that power can be innocent.” He even threatens a senator (Holly Hunter) who heads an investigation into Superman’s guilt. Luthor’s obsession with Superman (“He answers to no one. Not even, I think, to God”) reveals envy that is unmistakably demonic; a development that coheres with Snyder’s spiritual-social vision of post–9/11 grief and desire for salvation.

>he was cast for a reason, you know?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-28-12h07m10s987.png (218 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-28-12h07m10s987.png
218 KB, 720x304
>>
>>68854181
You're still equating the merit of these works with their popular influence within a genre, anon. To be honest, you strike me as the sort of person who watched Melancholia and didn't notice that von Trier included the works of Lisstizky and Malevich in the frame when Justine went to see Michael. Or the sort of person who didn't realize that a very particular etching by Boullee was set over the mantlepiece in The Theory of Everything in the scene immediately before Hawking was diagnosed.

All I am trying to say is that your 'rubric' for measuring the import of a film should really not be predicated on the popular influence they have on their respective genres. There's a reason the written industry separates genre fiction from literature. This isn't to say that genre fiction is never considered worth as much artistic merit, but IS to say that such shit is considered differently. How cohesive is the structure of a thing?

>>
>>68852114
>his luthor's son bullshit excuse
>oh, and shitty symbolism that might just be made up by the dumb audience bullshit excuse

This villain was very painful to watch, so stupidly awkward. They wanted this to one-up Nolan's Joker, and it backfired badly. To have a quirky character to sell his lines on t-shirts and shit. I have no idea what Snyder was thinking.

Not only is it not Lex Luthor, it's a horrible character. Only one of the many bad things with this piece of shit movie.
>>
>>68852156
>this is bait the post
>>
ITT: Luthor's characterization hit a little too close to home. Hard to look in the mirror huh lol.
>>
>>68852114
>So we agree...
Fuck off. I liked it.
>>
I liked him in the movie to be honest. Stole all the scenes
>>
>>68852439
>which makes it even sadder because it means Jewse Eisenbergenstein had no fucking clue of the character he was playing.

He basically says that the character in the comics is shit, which is true
>>
One thing that has been in my mind lately is how much emphasis Lex puts on his father. Out of the three main characters, it's noteworthy that Lex's mother is never mentioned.

I can only help but wonder if what he meant with "my father's fist and abominations" had more to do with how Lex Sr. treated Lex Jr.'s mother and the impotence he felt with not being able to protect her.

Just an interesting theory, of course.
>>
People asking why he made Doomsday, think about the creation scenes -- how he cries when examining Zod. The Greek Icarus flew too close to the sun and fell, Zod and the other Kryptonians came across the universe simply to restore their people. Yet Superman struck them down, in Lex's eyes, to cement his status as a god. He gives the genesis chamber his own DNA and weeps viewing the lethal results of Superman's righteousness. "If God is all-good, then he cannot be all-powerful" Lex manically laments as he remembers the abuses of his father. So if the super man's intentions for humanity are so supremely pure that he would act as destroyer for his own race, then there is no way he will never live up to them. The largest departure from comic book Lex Luthor is that he is no longer antagonizing Superman out of jealousy, beneath it all is a despair that Superman cannot fulfill the promise he made to this world.
(1/2)
>>
>>68854873
By his interaction with the ship and Zod, Lex is more a bridge between 2 worlds than Superman will ever be. After Zod is reborn, Lex reaches out to embrace him. Mad scientist Lex Luthor is more a spiritualist as the ghost of Krypton arises to meet him. The worlds torn asunder by Superman, rather explicitly or implicitly, are linked by a shared experience of moral objectivism. Zod's unerring beliefs could not coexist with the Superman the same as tumultuous nature of humanity cannot. "If man won't kill God, then the devil will do it", there's double meaning: first off, Batman failed to end the Superman, but more importantly, Superman refused to give up his goodness - his godliness - viewing the underbelly of mankind. Batman's character arc in this movie is remembering that moral absolutes do still exist, then Lex's arc is attempting to prove to the world that they do as well. He never thought Superman would kill Batman. A layman would view Lex's catalog of metahuman files as brought on by paranoia. "The oldest lie in America is that power can be innocent" -- think of this of the objectivist scale, not the relativist one. These extraordinary people Lex catalogued cannot simply exist and be complacent, they factually must be like Superman as either savior or destroyer. Remember that despite aiding mankind, Prometheus was no man. Yet Lex's greatest fear is not that Olympus will succeed in stopping Prometheus - Superman has already brought down Olympus -, it's that humanity will. That necessitates the creation of Doomsday, the devil, a being rising against its destroyer. If Superman exists and is godly, then the devil must exist. If life is given to mankind by Prometheus, then anti-life must be given as well.
This, of course, perfectly ties together with the coming of Darkseid. In that deleted scene, he prays before Darkseid's church. Zack Snyder's Lex Luthor does not hate Superman. His villainy comes from believing in him the most out of anyone on the planet.
>>
>>68854822
>Every boy's special lady is his mother.
>>
>>68854822
I think it was there to explain the whole brain vs. brawn and the real reason why he hates Superman.
>>
File: 1461107889493[1].jpg (3 MB, 3943x3174) Image search: [Google]
1461107889493[1].jpg
3 MB, 3943x3174
>A reading from the Acts of Man of Steel
>Scene 2:13: Selected passages

>3 And I heard a loud voice from the cinema saying, "Look! Snyder's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and Snyder himself will be with them and be their saviour.

>4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more repetitive or safe or cheap comedy or quips, for the old order of Marvel movies has passed away."

>13 And so they hated him, and persecuted him. The critics crucified him and threw rotten tomatoes at him.

>14 But he persevered and gained strength from the audience, and so we will persevere.

>15 And he stands by the right side of the spirit of Kino, and draws inspiration from it, and so will his followers.

>22 During the filming of the port battle at Batman v Superman, Snyder was found wandering along the port.

>23 In one of such instances he walked on water while carrying an IMAX camera on one hand, which greatly terrified his cast and crew at that time.

>24 Affleck, out of fear, shouted "Snyder, if it is you, tell me to come to the water!"

>25 "Come". Snyder said.

>26 Affleck stepped on the water and walked for a few feet but then sank. He cried out "Snyder, hast thou forsaken me? Save me, oh dear brother!"

>27 Immediately Snyder reached out his hand and caught him.

>28 Snyder exclaimed, "Bin Muhammad Afflecki, why did you doubt?"

>29 And so the heretic one vowed to spread the word.
>>
>>68854243
woah.
teach me your ways
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-28-12h32m51s394.png (255 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-28-12h32m51s394.png
255 KB, 720x304
>>68854550
is your mom's name MARTHA?
>>
>>68854243
good post
>>
>>68854550
MARTHA?...IS THAT YOU?
>>
>>68854181
>>68854243
Why is Armond so obsessed with muh post 9-11 society?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-28-12h38m32s436.png (187 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-28-12h38m32s436.png
187 KB, 720x304
>>68854550
MARTHA?? YOU WANNA GO SHOPING WITH ME??
>>
He was supposed to play a completely New character. He is supposed to be Lex Luthor son, but the movie fails to introduce that.
>>
>>68855143
>>68855272
That's a pretty good camrip you got there. Source?
>>
>>68852114
>kino is too complicated for him
Why not try Captain America: Civil War instead? Should be right up your alley!
>>
>>68855242
Because it has a very palpable effect on modern society, very relevant topic.

>Travelling went to shit
>Social and racial relations went to shit
>Newer generations are growing to be more cynical
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-28-12h41m15s843.png (130 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-28-12h41m15s843.png
130 KB, 720x304
>>68854550
YOURE NOT DYING TONIGHT MARTHA I PROMISE...

>>68855321
Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice 2016 HD-TC x264 AC3-CPG
>>
>>68854115
>what is typecasting
this is nothing fucking new
>>
>>68855365
>that Capitol scene
>Superman arrives
>shot of fangirl wetting her panties as if Supes is Justin Bieber
>next to her a beta nu-male is protesting that he's an illegal alien
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-28-12h48m54s606.png (127 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-28-12h48m54s606.png
127 KB, 720x304
>>68854550
MARTHA.. YOURE SAFE NOW..
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.