[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what film would a film critic have to like or dislike for you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
what film would a film critic have to like or dislike for you to dismiss what that film critic has to say?

i dismiss any film critic who likes pic-related. i don't even consider what they have to say. that includes someone like roger ebert. apocalypse now, blade runner, ect are also fucking boring trash. I consider not listening to film critics who like those films.
>>
File: fuck gravity.png (1 MB, 1148x1280) Image search: [Google]
fuck gravity.png
1 MB, 1148x1280
>>68792187
(You)
>>
>>68792187 (You)
>>
>>68792187
i look at negative reviews to see if a movies good, when everyone says
>THE ACTION WAS GREAT BUT I HATED THE BUTTER ON MY POPCORN
>THE MOVIE WAS JUST LIKE THIS OTHER GREAT MOVIE
>DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED BECAUSE I HATE MOVIES WITH COMPLEX TIMETRAVEL PLOTS

i'll pretty much be like, they liked the movie

it's the negative reviews that say IT REALLY WANTED TO LIKE THE MOVIE BUT IT WAS ADVERTISED AS A HORROR TURNS OUT AS A COMEING OF LIFE TALE
>>
critics are shit
i love how people pretend movies are life changing experiences when they're just something to watch for a couple hours to waste some time
>>
>>68792187
Ebert was ALWAYS shitty critic that was only for the high brow yupies.
>>
File: paruru sakura.jpg (81 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
paruru sakura.jpg
81 KB, 500x667
>>68792187

i don't even go by ratings. I've seen films i liked that were below 6.0 on imbd and i've seen films i hated that were above 7.0 on imbd.
despite this i think imbd is more accurate than rotten tomatoes. 90 percent of film critics on rotten tomatoes liked the avengers. That should tell you that that site is shit.
>>
>>68792592

imdb*
>>
While I can see how you think films are not that important, they can have an affect on the world. There was a huge increase of female lawyers in the 2000s. The reason because of Legally Blonde.

Food Inc. Opened the eyes of millions to start thinking about the fast food industry.

Blood Diamond raised awareness.
Taken raised awareness.

Films can affect us.
>>
>>68793100
I affected your mom's pussy with my dick last night.
>>
>>68792187
If a critic disliked Magnolia, I'm not into it. Ebert actually understood film language and story layers and projections and shit. He was much more than a critic and disliking him literally means your opinion of film is irrelevant.
>>
>>68792187
>You have a metal arm?
>That's awesome, dude!
>>
>>68792187
I generally ignore all critics and reviewers alike, but f the 'critic' writes an opinion piece based on his subjective interpretation of objective fact rather than subjective opinion wrt objective fact and calls it objective critique instead of subjective review then it's getting into into the trash territory.
>>
>>68792381
So you're saying Nic Cage DOESN'T make two kinds of projects, movies and films, but that he makes one kind of project- flicks. Ghost Runner and Adaptation are the same thing. Something to do while you eat popcorn. Thanks, /b/ruh. Saved me some time. Art is for faggots.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.