[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't this have a big impact?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: westworld_2.jpg (449 KB, 650x937) Image search: [Google]
westworld_2.jpg
449 KB, 650x937
Why didn't this have a big impact?
>>
>>68762316

plebs mostly

>After making the film, Crichton took a year off. "I was intensely fatigued by Westworld," he said later. "I was pleased but intimidated by the audience reaction... The laughs are in the wrong places. There was extreme tension where I hadn't planned it. I felt the reaction, and maybe the picture, was out of control."[2]

>For him the picture marked the end of "about five years of science fiction/monster pictures for me".[2] He took a break from the genre and wrote The Great Train Robbery.
>>
>>68762316
pure kino
>>
>>68762316
Just saw it, got me into classic action sci-fi. Extremely underrated and I can see that this was Michael Crichton's inspiration for Jurassic Park.
>>
>>68762316

Well everybody knows Simpsons-episode that spoofed it
>>
File: balin.jpg (48 KB, 400x212) Image search: [Google]
balin.jpg
48 KB, 400x212
>>68762316
It's OK, but the action/effects core of the film is very outdated, and the remaining elements (characters / general storytelling) are just too simple and thin for the movie to be a real classic. I guess people will feel this way about Jurassic Park in a decade though

Also, what's with James Brolin being some sort of 70s Christian Bale
>>
FECKING reboot when ????
>>
Can't wait for the show.
>>
>>68762316
Should've featured something cooler than robot cowboys, like mammoths or dodos or some kinda lizard things, dunno.
>>
>>68762617
Anytime now. Well there's a tv show coming out soon.
>>
>>68763111
wasn't the tv show delayed/possibly shelved indefinitely
>>
>>68763201
Only delayed to finish the last few scripts.
>>
>>68762989
Not for nothing, but shit like that probably wasn't in the budget.

Personally. I like how little of the movie is a spectacle. Makes the fantastic bits later on even better.
>>
>>68762989
Or dinosaurs? You realise this is pretty much jurassic park?
>>
>>68763494
>Only delayed to finish the last few scripts.
I hope that's a good sign, waiting to finish the scripts rather than just filming something that isn't all polished and ready to go. It'll be shit.
>>
>>68764186
>>68764233
are you guys memeing or it really did went straight over your heads?
>>
>>68764350
Ugh, no. It's early and I'm still a little foggy. I realized how dumb my reply was after I replied.

That being said, where is a good place to watch this movie? Haven't seen it in probably ten years.
>>
>>68764350
As for me, I'm just memeing.
>>
>>68762316

20 rep and no one mentionning YUL BRYNNER

Y U L B R Y N N E R
U
L

B
R
Y
N
N
E
R
>>
>>68764512
Anything with him in it is great.
>>
>>68764512
You just know the gunslinger would be played by vin diesel or the rock these days.
>>
It's literally about to become the new meme TV show for Reddit.
>>
>>68764606

have you seen the seven mercenaries remake ?

looks terrible, back in the day they had good characters and not meme actors, i feel sad even using the word meme but it's a reality
>>
>>68764671
No and by the sound of it I wouldn't want to.
>>
>>68764606
Ed Harris, it looks like.
>>
>>68764671
>I born in le wrong generation!!
>>
>>68764671
>seven mercenaries

Also, it looks like trash mostly because of Fuqua, but Ethan Hawke and Vincent D'Onofrio aren't meme actors.
>>
>>68762316
Thanks for the recommendation OP, I love sci-fi.

Anyone recommend me more
>>
>>68764784

going from brynner and Mcqueen to pratt and ethan hawk.

if you think it's fine good on you reddit
>>
>>68764768
I like Harris, I heard Michael biehn was considered for it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.