[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Batman kills, how is Suicide Squad even exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 18
File: 1.jpg (43 KB, 599x372) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
43 KB, 599x372
If Batman kills, how is Suicide Squad even exist?
>>
And u?
>>
Batman is a solider, not an executioner.
>>
File: 23525.jpg (94 KB, 745x416) Image search: [Google]
23525.jpg
94 KB, 745x416
>The implication here is that Robin was also killing criminals alongside Batman when he was alive, which means that the death of his faithful sidekick didn’t drive Bruce Wayne to step things up, which means that Snyder’s Batman has always been a killer and his plucky ward was a killer too.

Zack the Hack literally says this. So Joker isn't Jason Todd

>"In my mind, it was that Robin had died 10 years earlier, during some run in with a young Joker," he stated. "To me, it was a fun backstory… to play with. The whole idea was that there had been loss and sacrifice. [Batman] doesn’t really have a life outside of the cave. I thought by including Robin – a dead Robin – it would help us understand he’s been on quite a little journey."

So Batman only kills hired goons and not supervillains that murder 100s to 1000s of people
>>
>>68672362
Everybody lies anon, he's just doing damage control because people already saw the twist
>>
>>68671991

Why don't you wait for and watch Suicide Squad when it comes out?

Affleck's solo Batman film and the Justice League films (parts I & II) will also give us answers. After all, it's all part of the same, big, universe. Just be patient.
>>
>>68672362
>Man of Murder
>Bat of Murder
>Woman of Murder

And now...
>Bird of Murder

BRAVO ZACK

What's next?
>>
>>68671991
I'm so sorry BvS failed that hard.
>>
>>68672480
alfred of murder
>>
File: the butlering.jpg (2 MB, 5000x1880) Image search: [Google]
the butlering.jpg
2 MB, 5000x1880
>>68672628
That would be cool.
>>
File: 1431901556647.jpg (215 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
1431901556647.jpg
215 KB, 980x1040
>>68671991
>>68672511
>>
File: 1457995158444.jpg (38 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1457995158444.jpg
38 KB, 600x400
>>68672511
>>
They're in prison. There's no timeline to say when they were jailed or when Bats started, so you'll have to go with this
>>
>>68672628
Did you not see Alfred firing the drone missiles in BvS?

Besides, Alfred kills people in the comics. He was both a secret agent and a war veteran depending on which continuity we're talking about.
>>
They're known to be quite vexing.
>>
>>68672474
>Just wait forever toward the horizon and keep consuming unrealized ideas from Hollywood's conveyor belt
>>
>>68671991
They are either
1) Tend to stay out of Gotham.
2) Not really gangsters, more like mercenaries.
3) Fucking hard to kill
Or
4) Batman kills, but very rarely.
>>
>>68672480
To be honest, i don't see a problem with at least Aquaman and WW killing their enemies. They are warriors after all.
>>
>>68672362
But the whole reason the joker is an issue is because batman doesnt kill.
Is he really trying to say that the bat is so elite that he can make and execute a plan to kill superman yet can't kill the joker
>>
>>68672362
I enjoy this mature and adult take on these characters.
>>
>>68671991
Because Batman doesn't do as he's told by any goverment agency.
>>
>>68676649

OK but how is that relevant to the topic at hand, brighteyes?
>>
>>68672480
a raven?
>>
Man of Steel and BvS are seriously like someone told Snyder "Here's Superman. His powers are X, Y, Z, and so on." and "Here's Batman, he has gadgets and he's like a detective." and that's it. He made up all the other stuff and tried to make it as """""""""cool""""""""" as he could.
Fuck Snyder.
>>
>>68672480
>What's next?
Batmute vs Mr.Mxzyrpltyk
...of genocide
>>
>>68677474
Man of Steel was top tier.
BvS was just entirely incoherent. It was like they just shot cool footage and stitched it together randomly.
>>
>>68677557
It was a top tier cartoon, or Youtube video, of a blank hero fighting a blank villain. It had the template of a cool movie if it were an original character. But it wasn't a good Superman, which is why I said Snyder knew only his powers and not his personality or background.
>>
File: 1376703252656.gif (1 MB, 250x210) Image search: [Google]
1376703252656.gif
1 MB, 250x210
>>68671991
>Batman kills
>Only way to defeat Batman is to kill yourself first
>hence SUICIDE squad

Pure pottery.

BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>68677643
>it wasn't a good superman
There is no "one" interpretation of superman. Superman's personality is wildly inconsistent. Kingdom Come's Superman is ice cold.

Also, Snyder borrowed a lot from Miracleman, which was Moore's take on Superman as a real person in the real world.

>inb4 Miracleman was shazam
Don't be retarded m8
>>
i want to see a superman movie where he kills dogs for aliving
>>
>>68671991
Go to bed Jaden
>>
>>68672480
MAN OF MURDER
BAT OF BUTCHER
WOMAN OF WIDOWING
FLASH OF FLAYING
CYBORG OF CARNAGE
AQUAMAN OF ASPHYXIATION
ROBIN OF RUIN
MARTIAN OF MASSACRE
GREEN LANTERN OF GENOCIDE
>>
>>68677759
>Also, Snyder borrowed a lot from Miracleman, which was Moore's take on Superman as a real person in the real world.
So, not Superman.
>>
>>68672362
Where exactly is it implied that Robin killed people?
>>
>>68679806
badass
>>
>um gunna make dis character whose creed is not killing kill ppl
>dis way shit gon b mature n shit
Bravo Snyder, bravo.
>>
>>68679806
ALFRED OF ANNIHILATION
>>
File: 1459447488793.jpg (283 KB, 856x1281) Image search: [Google]
1459447488793.jpg
283 KB, 856x1281
>>68680309
Batman killed Robin himself
>>
>>68677528
kek
>>
>>68675905
I dont have a problem with them killing but I have a problem with them killing indiscriminately, WW has more respect for life than Batman.
>>
>>68680340
ALFRED OF ARTILLERY
>>
>>68680638
It's funny because Batman precisely doesn't want anybody to die because he knows that everyone, criminals included, have someone who would find themselves in the same position as his babby self if they were gone.
But this kind of stuff isn't really cool for modern standards.
>>
>>68679806
CASHEWS OF CHAOS
>>
wonder woman should drive a truck with a giant meat grinder in the back that chops up criminals that she then feeds to cereberus, who she has enslaved
>>
File: heerhhhh.jpg (26 KB, 524x393) Image search: [Google]
heerhhhh.jpg
26 KB, 524x393
>>68680931
She could grind my meat any time.
>>
batman has turned gotham city into a giant tank that fires nuclear bombs with criminals tied to them that he fires at criminals in other cities
>>
>>68679806
Darkseid of DAnk?
>>
aquaman turned the oceans into a special acid that can harm humans but not fish and the other heroes throw criminals to him and as they die he looks into their faces and says "now your mine!"
>>
>>68671991
he didn't kill back then
>>
>>68681234
Darkseid of Daffodils
Joker of Joy
Harley Quinn of Hugs
Doomsday of Daisies
Professor Zoom of Snuggles
Black Manta of Blueberries
Lex Luthor of Love
>>
>>68681341
W-what
>>
>>68681341
>Doomsday of Daisies
loved these guys back in the 90s
>>
>>68672174
He is literally an executioner in BvS. They explicitly make a point to say that his Bat Brand is a death sentence.

And he's not supposed to be a goddamn soldier either. He's a karate detective knightman.
>>
>>68676209
Like we see in BvS, Batman only kills jabrony henchmen so that he can masturbate later. But when it comes to branding Lex, who literally set off a doomsday device in the middle of a city, he doesn't even brand him. He keeps the figureheads alive so they can keep creating havoc so he has things to masturbate about when he kills the poor people they recruit.
>>
>>68672362
>which means that Snyder’s Batman has always been a killer and his plucky ward was a killer too.
>Zack the Hack literally says

Really? He refers to himself in third person? Stop being stupid. Batman started killing after the Zod fight. No wonder all his previously captured rogues are alive.

Oh, its a MKEK cant understand a simple plot episode. I prefer the second part, where he wonders about the Martha shit and how Luthor knew about Darkseid. Always crack me up.
>>
>>68677759
>There is no "one" interpretation of superman. Superman's personality is wildly inconsistent. Kingdom Come's Superman is ice cold.
There absolutely is "one" interpretation of superman. Some writers have made it a point to subvert that "one" interpretation so that people would talk about them.

And even outside of the comics, there is absolutely "one" interpretation of Superman in the public conscience. And a narcissistic alien with a god complex isn't it.
>>
>>68671991
Batman has always killed. Just watch the original films. He has a huge bodycount.
>>
>>68681763
>They explicitly make a point to say that his Bat Brand is a death sentence.

I hated this, I get the pedophile getting fucked up since brand or not those guys ALWAYS get their shit wrecked in prisons, but if a bunch of bank robbers and murderers are getting branded you'd think it'd bring them together, like the Phantom's mark.

"FUCK THAT GUY AND FUCK HIS BRAND, RIGHT FELLAS?"
>>
>>68682054
To be fair, Clark doesn't have a god complex in Batman v Superman.
The people view Superman as a god, Clark himself doesn't.
>>
>>68681927
You completely missed the point.

He had changed. After meeting superman he's stopped doing that shit. It's called character development you fucking idiot
>>
File: 1461348723837.jpg (158 KB, 1916x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461348723837.jpg
158 KB, 1916x1080
>>68672174
>Batman is a solider
>>
>>68682341
the evansposter!
>>
>>68682147
In the movies, yes, because they were always made by guys who didn't understand his character. BvS is no exception.
>>
>>68681989
>Batman started killing after the Zod fight.
No.

It's very clearly hinted at that the joker did something that changed batman. Notice the suit he keeps with the graffiti on it? Remember how batman talks to Alfred about how all the good people he's known have turned evil, died, or always been bad?

The Zod incident just turned Bruce against Superman, him changing his entire mantra begun before that, that's why we get the "beautiful lue" line before the "metropolis meets superman" scene
>>
>>68672628
Alfred has always been a stone cold killer. he iced niggas for her majesty.
>>
were there anything about no kill rule on bvs? I thought that was retconned
>>
>>68682054
>a narcissistic alien with a god complex isn't it.
And neither MoS or BvS portray that.

They show him as a guy trying to do they right thing, but the public either demonizing him or seeing him as a god.

Superman is being depicted the same as always, it's the publics reaction in the movies that's been changed, made more realistic.
>>
File: 56g4.jpg (45 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
56g4.jpg
45 KB, 500x640
>>68682368
>>
>>68682218
I got the impression he was only doing it to mark out sex traffickers etc.
>>
Anyone know where I can download this movie, I don't feel like giving zack the money
>>
>>68682632
>it's the publics reaction in the movies that's been changed, made more realistic.

That's what pisses me off though, the naysayers are like fucking Nuremberg trial witchhunters, and those that support Superman think he's a fucking a good, where are the people that think he's a pretty swell joe?

I mean for fuck's sake those man on the street segments in Spider-Man have better context and feel more "real" than what we got in BvS
>>
>>68682477
He's killed since the 30s moron.
>>
>>68682632
>Superman is being depicted the same as always
Debatable, Superman in BvS is largely disinterested in preventing collateral damage, for example.
>>
>>68672480
>Woman of Murder

dude comics Wondie holds the world neck-snapping record. I doubt Snyder Wondie could keep up
>>
>>68672174
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck
>>
>>68682794
>He's killed since the 30s moron
He killed in the 30's, that's not the same as killing since the 30's
>>
File: Reddit.png (64 KB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
Reddit.png
64 KB, 427x240
>>68682842
>>
>>68682794
Spotted the Delusional Cuck who doesn't even know Batman's publication history and thinks that his very first appearances back when he was a third rate imitator of The Shadow are canon in any shape or form.

It baffles me to this day that there are thousands of people out there who think The Shadow in Spandex and Batman are the same character.
>>
>>68682787
Because spider man isn't nearly as god like as superman. Hell how would anyone know he has super senses? Any super powers at all? Of course it felt more real because spider man feels more real. Superman is so alien and yes, god like, it would be a completely different situation.

>Where are all the people that think he's a pretty swell joe?
Lois and the rest of the daily planet, the military, his parents, all the people he saves throughout MoS. That's off the top of my head.

The thing is, in a conflict in any movie you never focus on the Luke warm opinions, it's like doing a WW 2 that's meant to cover the whole thing and it's focus' on Switzerland, what's the point. We know they exists because we see a few, we don't need to be reminded over and over.
>>
>>68682842
>>68682925
literally r/dc_cinematic
>>
File: 1461465188560.jpg (18 KB, 291x287) Image search: [Google]
1461465188560.jpg
18 KB, 291x287
>>68682368
We are legion
>>
>>68682946
It's baffles me that people can't figure out he only doesn't kill when the material is aimed at kids.
>>
>>68682946
DC Canon gets reset ever 5 years.
Early Batman's Canonicity is irrelevant, what matters is that it existed and remains a valid interpretation.
>>
>>68682812
That isn't true for BvS or MoS.

For example, in MoS he tries to catch a fucking flying train and it squashes him during the small ill fight. Against Zod he's too busy focusing on preventing Zod from killing or trying not to die, thus dooming everyone.

In BvS all he does is save people. He tries to take doomsday into outer space but it doesn't work.

He does try. I don't get where you got that impression.
>>
>>68683031

>Hell how would anyone know he has super senses? Any super powers at all?

Are you fucking high? he crawls and runs on buildings and swings through new york on webs and is incredibly strong, what the fuck are you saying?

>>68683031

>Lois and the rest of the daily planet, the military, his parents, all the people he saves throughout MoS

We're talking about BvS man. And it still feels like a forced conflict where it didn't need to be, all they wanted to do was shoehorn Batman in there ASAP

Should've made MoS 2 before this shitshow but they didn't have the fucking guts to.
>>
File: ohyeahsureyoubetcha.jpg (70 KB, 515x589) Image search: [Google]
ohyeahsureyoubetcha.jpg
70 KB, 515x589
>>68682331
>He had changed. After meeting superman he's stopped doing that shit
He fucking kills dudes in the next scene, anon.
>It's called character development you fucking idiot
kek

Not to mention that Snyder has already said that to him Batman isn't a murderer. He's never really intimated that the intention was that he had been broken and we watch him go good again. He doesn't think it's a problem because Batman didn't kill KGBeast, the bullet in the gas tank did. Batman didn't kill the truck full of dudes with the Batmobile-mounted turret, the bullets did.
>>
>>68683082
He never killed in Frank Miller's edgemaster book that was the basis of BvS either, despite what Snyder claims.

>>68683143
>DC Canon gets reset ever 5 years.
Literally talking out of your ass.
>it existed and remains a valid interpretation.
Except not, because it doesn't mean shit when 99% of the character's history consisted of him being depicted in the opposite way. None of the elements that made Batman "Batman" were in place back then, except for the rodent suit. He wasn't even called Batman.
>>
>>68683278
>Should've made MoS 2 before this shitshow
This, to be honest.
Then have a standalone Batman movie that establishes Affleck as Batman and you're set for the Justice League movie where the other characters are introduced.
>>
>>68683338
>Talking out your ass
Yes, 5 years was too generous. New 52 is already getting retconned and reset. Is your anus ready for Super Woman Lois Lane and SuperChink?
>99%
You're right, Clooney, Keaton, West and Conroy do all depict precisely the same character... And it's not as though the god damn Batman has ever been written anyway but one, old chum.
>>
>>68680864
ACTIVATED ALMONDS OF ANNIHILATION
>>
File: bvs SRSLY DO YOU GET IT?.jpg (416 KB, 2129x1386) Image search: [Google]
bvs SRSLY DO YOU GET IT?.jpg
416 KB, 2129x1386
>>68682235
>>68682632
>And neither MoS or BvS portray that.
>To be fair, Clark doesn't have a god complex in Batman v Superman.
I think that he absolutely does. Why do you think he took issue with Batman doing the same basic shit that he was doing? It was because to Clark, Batman is a lawless vigilante, and Superman is above all of that. He's not a human acting out of line, he's The Last Man of Krypton and The Savior of Earth.

>They show him as a guy trying to do they right thing
k. He saves his girlfriend once. He also lets congress blow up and feels bad about it because everyone is mad at him.
>Superman is being depicted the same as always
non.
>t's the publics reaction in the movies that's been changed
eh. Plenty of stories have done "the public is mad at the hero story." TDK trilogy, Spider-man trilogy. It's Zack the Hack jack ing beats from his superiors.
>made more realistic.
non. If some jackweed space alien showed up, settled a family dispute at the cost of hundreds of thousands of lives, then grumpily saved some mexicans, we'd think this guy is a real jabrony space dick. Lex Luthor is mad at God because God allowed his dad to beat him. Lex blames the spaceman for it and sabotages everything to take him down. Because The Smartest Man on Earth apparently was unable to differentiate between the space alien with vaguely god-like powers and the actual concept of God. This is not "realistic," other than maybe as a portrayal of disorganized psychosis. Which it still is absolutely not "realistic."
>>
>>68683453

Fuck every exec decision also the music got worse

https://youtu.be/ul05ayOkvVI
>>
>>68683613
With the exception of TV,
>MUH MOVIES
No one cares.
They don't depict precisely the same character (all movie Batmen have been shitty Batmen without exception), but at least they share much more between them and between the comics and TV incarnations than any incarnation of batman has ever shared with The Shadow in Spandex.
>>
>>68683278
You could easily assume spiderman was using gadgets, that was my point. It would be a very reasonable assumption.

>We're talking about BvS man
Right! and that's just a continuation of MoS, why rehash the same shit. We've seen people like him. Bruce talks about the daily planet liking him, we see the military like him in BvS. What more do you need? It wouldn't add anything to the movie we don't already know.

I would have preferred MoS2 first. They just wanted to rush their cinematic universe too much.

>>68683283
>He fucking kills dudes in the next scene, anon.
I'm talking about his entire fight against superman and doomsday! and superman dying. It's clear supes death really changed Bruce, he's obviously changed by the way he talks at the funeral, it's the complete opposite from the beginning.

Also you clearly don't understand the difference between killing in a fight, and executing or torture.
>>
>>68683824
You seem triggered and unreasonable sir, I don't see any point in debating you.
You have pretty much epitomised "not muh Batman", yet mock others for what you think is the same. Nice lack of self awareness.
>>
>>68683847
>why rehash the same shit.

It's not rehashing it's building upon the principle that Superman is an icon to aspire to, a fucking year and a half and all we see is that the world more or less is now just extremes on two sides, the majority in the "fuck this guy" column, and two people on the military isn't the military as a whole, seems like it's only when their ass is in a sling they warm up to him. Cunts.
>>
File: King_Kong_2005.jpg (191 KB, 1024x778) Image search: [Google]
King_Kong_2005.jpg
191 KB, 1024x778
>>68679806
KING OF KONG
>>
>>68683678
>Batman doing the same basic shit that he was doing?
Batman was fucking branding people, that's what Clark took issue with. Also it's made clear lex was feeding Clark all that shit.

>k. He saves his girlfriend once.
...and the people in the burning building! and the people in the flood! and the ship...
>He also lets congress blow up and feels bad about it because everyone is mad at him.
This is completely wrong. He didn't see the bomb, he says so.

>plenty of stories have done the "public is mad at the hero"
But not many have tackled the issue of people seeing him as a god.

Lex' motivation was purely from envy of supermans inherent power, and fearing that. That's what flipping the painting was about and his speech about the eastern German dictator. You honestly bought that "my father beat me" bit as his entire motivation?
>>
>>68684009
The only point I'm making, and which only DCucks debate because they can't accept their capetrash movie is terrible, is that Batman is not and has never been a killer after he was clearly established as a character, except when he appeared in shitty movies.
>>
>>68683067
It's RUBIO
>>
>>68684088
>cunts
Well that exactly what people are like.
>>
>>68683847
>he's obviously changed
obviously
>it's the complete opposite from the beginning.
eh.
I'm not saying it isn't implied that Bruce has changed at the end, the movie threw a shoehorned in scene at the end to explain that he changed. I'm saying there's not much in the fucking movie, and there's even less when you listen to Zakkk talk about it, that to him it was never the point that Batman killing people was out of line. It's implied that him branding people is, and it's implied that at the end him not branding Lex is evidence of his change, but that's fucking potato potato. The entire premise that being branded by Batman is "a death sentence" in prison is fucking stupid. The entire premise that Batman branding Lex, the terrorist in solitary confinement, would fucking matter, is fucking stupid.

So what we have left is Batman unapologetically driving his car into the fucking truck carrying the thing he's trying to steal, crushing someone's face under his wheel. What we have left is Batman shooting motherfuckers in the face with a machine gun and exploding them. These things are, to fucking Zack, justifiable.

>Also you clearly don't understand the difference between killing in a fight, and executing or torture.
Batman always tortures. Batman will always torture. The point of batman is that he fucking demolishes people and leaves them alive. DKR and No Man's Land and plenty of other versions of Batman are sadistic fucks who will fucking cripple a dude and leave him alive as a message. The Bat Brand is actually within the character of Batman, shooting motherfuckers in the face with the batmobile-mounted machine gun isn't. And neither Zack nor the movie thinks that is the problem.
>>
>>68684188
See, unreasonable.
At no point did I claim to be pro BvS.
I didn't even claim depictions of Batman that kill are my preference, simply that they are valid.
Read more, rage less.
>>
File: 1454773129349.png (9 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1454773129349.png
9 KB, 401x367
>>68672362
>In my mind, it was that Robin had died 10 years earlier
Just like Anakin died in Revenge of the Sith :^) There's no way Joker's not Jason Todd
>>
>>68682516
My bet is that the Joker fucked up Jason Todd, Bruce killed him for it, and with his code broken, he retired.
>>
>>68684582
>and with his code broken, he retired.

But he didn't retire, it went from a crusade to a rampage.
>>
File: kjFBHFk.jpg (706 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
kjFBHFk.jpg
706 KB, 2000x1000
is this a thing ?
>>
>>68684893
And the third bullet?
Where's that wound?
>>
>>68684966
He covered it with the "Damaged" tattoo.
Get it?
>>
>>68684326
>The entire premise that being branded by Batman is "a death sentence" in prison is fucking stupid

And the only source for it is some bullshit TV spot. You gonna tell me that that wasn't sensationalist coverage? Literally the only source we have for it being a "death sentence" is that sound byte and the photo Clark receives, a photo, by the way, of the same low-level operative that Bruce was grilling for info.

Can you think of anyone who might have good reason for seeing that man dead? Does that same person also have a vast corporate empire at his disposal? Who do you think owned that network - him or "the other guy?"

Can I give you a crayon or something to help you connect those dots?
>>
>>68684893
>HE LITERALLY HAS DAMAGED WRITTEN ON HIS FUCKING FACE.

>HE LITERALLY HAS A FUCKING J IN THE TEAR DROP SPOT.

this nigga Jason Todd
>>
>>68685092
His forehead isn't located on th torso just below the ribs, in the middle of e's and u.
>>
How has batman been around for like 30 years but Clark is only just getting worried about him in Batman v Superman?

And how can metropolis see the batman light from gotham?
>>
>>68685234
>Spell Joker.
>J is for Jason.
>>
>>68684966
The one at his rib cage? There probably isn't one. That would be the most heavily armored portion of the suit. The other two are near articulation points.
>>
>>68685247
I know where the third bullet hole is, I made a really shitty joke about him getting shot in the head and becoming damaged.
>>
>>68685341
Convenient.
>>
>>68685271
Because Metropolis and Gotham are conveniently right across the bay from each other.
>>
>>68685409
You were just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>68685485
but that just makes it more vexing that clark is only running into batman for the first time in this movie's universe
>>
>>68685488
Whatever floats your boat, to be honest.
>>
>>68685529
>Zack Snyder
>competent writer and director
>>
>>68685536
Not the Todd Joker theory, desu.
>>
how could superman ever sleep at night knowing that he's letting people die all over the world every minute
>>
>>68685669
I wasn't even implying that LetoJoker is Jason, I just made a shitty joke.
I'm not the guy who posted the picture, by the way.
>>
>>68671991
The main thing is that Superman's existence and the possibility of godlike beings was what sent him over the edge and made him no longer give a fuck about sparing criminals.
>>
>>68685410
Conveniently realistic, you mean.
>>
>>68685834
>>68685896
Convenient for the retarded pet theory.
>>
>>68685717

There's a character called Samaritan from the Astro City comics who is pretty much the Superman achetype and he's on the go pretty much all the time and all he dreams of is one good night's sleep. also he is locked in constant battle with a villain who constantly changes the timeline and only he notices the effects which he always manages to revert
>>
>>68685529
Oh, you mean like maybe he'd been inactive until a way to kill Superman came into the picture?
>>
>>68679806
I keep reading your post in Jesse Eisenberg's voice.
>>
>>68685943
The only retarded thing in this discussion is your degree of willful obstinance.
>>
Just listen to what you guys are writing. Cape shit is turning your brain into mush. Talking about men in capes and costumes fighting a super powered alien and a regular human with makeup. Jesus christ, take this to /co/
>>
>>68679083
underrated post
>>
>>68672676
Shiiiit

Id watch this
>>
>>68686175
Yeah, how dare people discuss movies on a board dedicated to discussing waifus and cunnys.
>>
>>68686079
Uhuh.
Now tell me how Batman Beyond already did it.
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 960x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 960x596
>>68685271
Who do you think Clark was pretending to be as a child in MoS? Bruce used to be a hero. He retired.
>>
>>68680864
PEANUTS OF PUNISHMENT
>>
>>68686232
>capeshit are movies based on comic books
>anime shit is discussed on /a/

Take it to /co/, you ungrown man child.
>>
>>68686332
>Who do you think Clark was pretending to be as a child in MoS?

alan Scott
>>
>>68686240
I don't follow Batman Beyond. I only have a knowledge of lore that spans the late 60s through the early 00s. I started losing interest in comics after the cynical marketing ploy that was "The Death of Superman."

Go ahead. Bite that bait and I'll show you how the film depicts it in an entirely different light.
>>
I keep posting it!

Wait for the retcon!!!!!

Batman didnt kill anyone!!
>>
>>68686482
/a/ is specifically anime AND manga
/co/ is comics and cartoons
/tv/ is television and film
Last I checked, capeshit is still movies.
>>
>>68685717
Hahahahahhaa DCfags BTFO again
THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN
>TBAB
>>
>>68679965
his weapon
>>
>>68685183
> Can I give you a crayon or something to help you connect those dots?
Can I give you one?
>And the only source for it is some bullshit TV spot. You gonna tell me that that wasn't sensationalist coverage?
If we want to start getting into the intricacies of how absolutely fucked the logic of this movie is, I'm all for that, but we're already talking about a movie with comically inept exposition, if you want to start nitpicking the legitimacy or logic behind the things THAT WE ARE EXPLICITLY TOLD, the rabbit hole never ends and everything the characters do gets infinitely stupider.
>Can you think of anyone who might have good reason for seeing that man dead? Does that same person also have a vast corporate empire at his disposal? Who do you think owned that network - him or "the other guy?"
There's literally zero implication, much less exposition, to support this theory other than a joke about owning a news paper. Granted, I'll allow you that, given Snyder's retarded understanding of how newspapers work, he may have actually thought that Wayne and Lex are literally the only people that own things in the DCEU.

But the idea that, for the movie to make sense at all, the audience is forced to assume that what initially seems to be a throwaway TV line about the Batman Brand being a death sentence is not only narrative exposition to show why Superman is mad at Batman, but it's also not true because they're actually being killed by Lex, who also owns Fox News, and is intentionally feeding misinformation to report lies about Batman for Superman to happen to see so he's mad at Batman and unintentionally stops Batman from stealing the Kryptonite and threaten him about using the batlight so that Batman can steal the Kryptonite a few days later to make a spear to use the batlight to challenge Superman to a fight etc.... it's all shit. And exceptionally poorly done.
>>
>>68672362
>batman is at fault
>because the government decide to not give him the death sentence

ok
>>
>>68672025
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>68685183
>>68686803

Not to mention that if the bat brand isn't actually "a death sentence," then the entire fucking implied arc that Batman is supposed to go through IS FUCKING BULLSHIT. In the first act we see that he brands dudes, in the third act we see that he doesn't brand Lex. Either the implication is that we was knowingly "giving them a death sentence" when he branded them, or there was no fucking reason for him not to brand Lex.
>>
>>68672174

>the worlds greatest solider
>>
BAT OF MURDER BAT OF MURDER
>>
>>68686803
>they're actually being killed by Lex

That one was. How many others do we know about. How well do pedophiles and sex traffickers fare to begin with?

Your timeline presents the events as *having* to occur in that precise sequence as an immediate response to pressure, whereas all Lex really had to do was keep applying pressure and keep teams in place shadowing Martha and Lois and wait for things to fall into place.
>>
>>68672362
>article say it's an halberd
>no axe
>no proofs of actual killings
>>
>>68687048
I thought that the brutality on Bruce's part was that he now crossed the line into physical torture. There's a difference between relying on the threat of injury and intimidation and branding them with a hot iron. That's what Alfred talks to him about. We further see his cavalier attitude about human life during the chase and the warehouse scene.
>>
>>68671991
He only kills regular goons, not costumed supervillains. This batman appreciates cosplay over anything.
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.