[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prison Break
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
What went so horribly wrong?
Season 1 was God-Tier.
>>
File: PrisonBreakS04E08.webm (670 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
PrisonBreakS04E08.webm
670 KB, 640x360
>Season 1 was God-Tier

How do you go from that to this?
>>
>>68660661
To put it simply, Fox loved to greenlight shows for 12 episodes. If the series was popular they'd give it a full season order but never fucking tell the creators or writers if it was renewed or not until the penultimate or even the last episode.

So most writers on their shows would write things thinking only one season would ever exist. Then in the 11th hour FOX would say yeah it's renewed leave a cliffhanger ending. So writers would scramble to make one.

After that and seeing as they've spent months creating a one season show and now have more seasons to go with, the writers are burnt out and because of the in general chaotic way network shows are written the seasons just go on and on with crazy idea after crazy one and soon the settings shift from telling the story you wanted to achieving syndication because that's what the network wants.

As a network show becomes more popular more network executives start sticking their nose in, telling the writers about targets they want hit and maybe even story points they want. So things get dragged out, things that make no sense happen, guest actors are hired to star in roles etc. Then the actors in the show also get in on this and start making their own demands, like Wentworth Miller getting fatter and refusing to put the makeup for the tattoo on anymore. This is why networks love shows where characters can be replaced at any moment by the way, it makes people easier to fire.

In the end you end up with a clusterfuck of a story that has so far been removed from what it originally was and has lost fans and viewers and pissed off actors and writers and leads to its eventual cancellation once advertisers pull their ads and put it in the new flavor of the season show.

But Fox being Fox love old properties and love reviving things if they can see some form of demand for it, so get ready for not only a 24 reboot but also a Prison Break reboot later next year.
>>
>>68660969
Jesus fuck I thought that was Legends of Tomorrow until I saw the filename.
>>
Totally unrealistic..
>>
>>68661026
It's from The Flash. You got joked on.
>>
>>68661026

It is legends of tomorrow
>>
>>68660969
How do you freeze laser beams?
>>
Nothing went wrong.

Season 1 was great and while the following seasons declined in quality, they were still entertaining.

People who says the show went off the rails after S1 are idiots. The show was comic book tier unrealistic nonsense from the very beginning. It was just pure mindless entertainment.

Half the shit he had tatooed on his body could be remembered in 5 minutes and his "master plan" hinged on about 500 variables that he could never account for. If you think S1 is some amazingly written masterpiece and the following seasons are over the top nonsense then you are a moron.
>>
>>68660969
Bullshit. That looks like his gun from The Flash
>>
>>68660989

>Prison Break reboot later next year

oh yeah I forgot about that
is someone from the old cast joining it?
>>
It was on after my bed time.
>>
>>68661208
That makes a lot of sense, but only to a degree.

I remember when I first moved out of my mom's house at 24. The only place I could afford was renting a small 2 bedroom house with my cousin in the ghetto (seriously, drug dealers everywhere, the guy next door got shot with a submachine gun one night at 3am, etc). We never bothered to plant flowers or make the outside of the house look nice because there was no point. The entire neighborhood looked like shit, the landlady didn't give a fuck, so neither did we. It wasn't OUR house. We did keep the inside of the house looking nice because neither of us wanted to live in garbage.

However, when I moved from that house to a more upscaled apartment complex on the "rich" side of town, I felt almost obligated to keep the outside of my patio looking nice. It was a completely different culture with a whole different set of expectations. You were sort of expected to keep your space (inside and out) looking nice because that was the thing to do. I didn't own that apartment or patio, but I and everyone else made sure it looked nice.

Now I'm in a house and I completely feel the need to make my house, inside and out, look awesome. It's sort of a pride thing at this point. I don't want to be "that guy" with the shitty yard. There's not really a culture of having a 10/10 yard around here though because it's really a middle/middle class neighborhood and a starter home, though. Still, because I OWN this house, I'm going to take care of it, and most of my neighbors (aside from the ones renting), feel the same way.
>>
Season 2 was great too. The Michael/Mahone cat and mouse games were fun to watch.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.