[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel and Fox are Working Together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: avx.jpg (213 KB, 300x461) Image search: [Google]
avx.jpg
213 KB, 300x461
It is inescapable at this point that Marvel and Fox have come to an understanding and will be working together after X-Men Apocalypse and Hugh Jackman's final Wolverine movie. The damnation of Inhumans to development hell is an irrefutable sign. Inhumans only existed to make up for the giant X-Men sized hole in the MCU. It put pressure on Fox to have to decide to compete with Marvel or not. That film's dissolution says all we need to know: Mavel does not need it to compete with FOX because Marvel and Fox are now collaborating with each other.

The timing of this is apt for Fox. They are coming up with the end of the second iteration of most of these characters in a film titled "apocalypse" which is by all acounts a very climacric title- where do you go, after the end of the world? Jackman is out with his last solo film, which will likely be a goodbye from the X-Men crew to this version of the franchise's universe. Fantasic Four was a non-starter. Gambit fell apart.

Now you have to understand, to Disney, Marvel is a merchandise brand. The comics, movies and shows are routine installments of brand extension multimedia designed to not only turn a profit themselves, but also engineer sales in other departments. Disney made a fuckton of money on Deadpool, even though they had no part in the production of the movie, just because Marvel, not Fox, own the merch rights for their characters.
>>
>>68613634
>Gambit fell apart.

The fuck are you talking about, last I checked Tatum and the Bourne director are still on board.
>>
>>68613634
So now Fox gets a deal that is remarkably similar to Sony's. Pay for your share of the movies and you can straight-up invest in the biggest film-spearheaded multimedia franchise since Star Wars. Disney mitigates risk and divides the responsibility of running such a massive shared universe by having other companies directly invest in the MCU, while Fox and Sony get access to the full Marvel universe with all of its filmmaking services and box-office results.

Rumors of the X-Men/Avengers movie were swelling up from the comic world a few months ago.
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/x-men-rumored-marvel-avengers-again-singer-leaving-franchise
http://www.comicplanetcultureforlife.com/2016/03/19/hot-rumor-x-men-will-rebooted-within-marvel-cinematic-universe-apocalypse/3/

The X-Men team are already trying to build a rapport with Sony to make Deadpool and Spiderman happen
http://www.slashfilm.com/deadpool-spider-man-crossover/

Marvel and Fox are allready working on X-Men TV shows
http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/10/marvel-teams-with-fox-fx-on-two-new-x-men-tv-series/

IT IS A DONE DEAL. Three studios have now become fused into an entity that produces capeshit, forever
>>
File: 1371795037243.jpg (40 KB, 388x394) Image search: [Google]
1371795037243.jpg
40 KB, 388x394
>>68613634
>ANOTHER reddit movie thread
>>
>>68613683
I just want my Secret Wars movie
>>
Is this comic worth checking out? I heard it was shit.
>>
>>68613654
http://collider.com/gambit-movie-release-date-fox-deadpool-2/
Gambit's been "taken off the schedule." It might begin shooting in December, if a movie ever actually comes together.
http://screencrush.com/gambit-movie-delay/
>>
File: deadpool-movie-reviews.jpg (100 KB, 888x456) Image search: [Google]
deadpool-movie-reviews.jpg
100 KB, 888x456
>>68613634
Think you're forgetting something OP
Deadpool is all Fox needs now
>>
Nice blog about children's films OP
>>
>>68613634
>>68613683
There are two things that will convince me this is true

(a) the Celestials are used to explain Apocalypse's power

(b) Logan is refenced to, in some capacity, during Civil War.

But the Helicarrier in Deadpool seems to be a big giveaway.
>>
>>68613744

It was, even if you hate Cyclops you can see just how they pretty much railroaded him into being the bad guy.

I hope he stays dead so Marvel quits using him as a fall guy
>>
>>68613634
I want angry manlet wolverine in the MCU
>>
>>68613845
Deadpool, existing in full awareness that he is in a comic book movie, is the only one that can transition into the MCU without rebooting.
>>
>>68613634
Do you realize there are like 6 movies coming up right?

X force, new x men. Deadpool 2, untitled movie and 2 more Singer ones against Protheus and then Dark Phoenix. Oh and the Gambit one.

Whatever youthink is happening...its not. Deadpool saved the franchise from Disney. Deadpool movies alone will keep making enough money to sustain Singer's Twinkverse.

And yes. Marvel desperstely needs something good for phase 4 or else everyone will drop it. Specially after Thor Cap and Im retire or get recasted.
>>
>>68613973
Singer is out after Apocalypse.

X-Force and Deadpool service a niche that Disney can't or doesn't really want touch. But it sells toys and merch. So Fox takes the risk for these raunchier, somewhat off-brand projects and they have the greater Marvel universe to play in. Deadpool and Spiderman have a dynamic in the comics that they would be foolish not to recreate in the movies just because of how well the kind of audience that adored Deadpool would react to it.

You're looking at this from a console wars perspective, when really what you're missing is that Fox has decided that they can make more money investing in the larger Avengers brand.

What would be better for Phase 4 than the content Marvel can access now that they have everyone except like Namor? Shit, the stuff they could do with Dr. Doom could provide a phase of material in of itself. Disney, Fox and Sony will be laughing all the way to the bank.
It is happening.
>>
>>68613885
Can you not read? OP is suggesting that after Apocalypse and the last Wolverine the Xmen will be rebooted within the MCU
>>
File: rightclops2.jpg (107 KB, 524x593) Image search: [Google]
rightclops2.jpg
107 KB, 524x593
>>68613900
Nigga Cyclops wasn't ever a bad guy. Dude has been, and always will be, right.
>>
I hop this is true. But all I see is two articles especulating about it from months ago.
>>
>>68615345

I know, now if only they could get rid of Babyclops, what a fucking faggot
>>
hopefully this will kill capeshit
>>
>>68615700
lol
>>
>>68613634
if they make Secret wars, they can have to start by doing a new f4 remake since Galactus and Doom are major character of that arc
>>
>>68614308
That will be pretty pointless because that

(a) Bryan Singer said in an interview with Collider that we'll see some of the "phoenix" in Jean in apocalypse

(b) a Phoenix films is already rumored to be the sequel to Apocalypse.

With the money flowing in from the new X-Men movies they will probably merge that universe with the MCU for a spin-off film and the universes will collide to the the events of Phoenix, Scarlet Witch, or Infinity War.
>>
>>68616224
Who is going to watch a movie about LT, Beyonder and Molecule Man rofl people literally won't care less about these unknown cosmic characters fighting on space with their over powered energy

MCU logically ends with IW since Thanos wielding the IG is the most dangerous universe threat anyway and he fights against all the heroes and entities, he's kinda like the Majin Buu except way stronger.
>>
>>68617642
>Thanos is the most dangerous universe threat
Lol, no.
And besides, why would they need to bring in more powerful villains every time?
It's really fucking clear that Thanos will lose thanks to a MacGuffin or he will get enough characterization in Infinity War(s) that him sabotaging himself to lose will make sense to the average viewer.
If Marvel got the rights to F4, then Doom could easily carry the next 2-3 phases.
>>
File: Minx.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Minx.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>Infinity War Part 2 post credits scene with X-Men showing up

That would be pretty neat!
>>
>>68618151
Doom is nothing compared to Thanos lol. Unless they sabotage him beyond belief he's THE most dangerous villain in MCU period. He has even defeated The Living Tribunal before for christ sake. Sorry but Doom is shit, at his most powerful he can defeat Galactus with ease, while Thanos at his most powerful can create and obliterate universes at his will.
>>
>>68619131
What is reading comprehension, anon?
I never compared Doom and Thanos, powerlevel wise.
>>
>>68619246
Yes but people simply wont go see a weaker villain on screen when they have already seen the most powerful of them all unless the movie sucks beyond belief. A dr. Doom movie after Thanos makes no sense, I'm not even sure if he's stronger than Ultimate Ultron...nuff said
>>
>>68619455
Ah, so you're just retarded.
Carry on.
>>
>>68619505
I am going by the logic that marvel has established within the canon universe and you call me a retard? Okay pal but it still doesnt make me wrong.
>>
I don't want Singer X-Men in my Marvel. They're disgusting.
>>
>>68619587
He's saying you're retarded cause of your statement that people won't see these movies because of a weaker villain. You're retarded if you actually think that.
>>
>>68619587
Why wouldn't people want to see the Avengers face off against Dr. Doom, even if Doom is weaker than Thanos?
The average viewer won't think "oh no this movie must suck because the villain is weaker than Thanos", unless they're a braindead DBZ fan, like you.
I guess Winter Soldier sucks too because Bucky is weaker than Ronan.
>>
>>68613634
A quip escaping a cape's mouth...forever.
This isn't 1984.
This is 2016 [SPOILER]PEOPLE[/SPOILER]
>>
>>68619644
I don't want Marvel in my Singer X-Men, they're dumb.
>>
>>68619781

Way to fuck that up
>>
>>68613634
Doubtful. Fox simply isn't in a position where they have to. Why split half the profits from a billion dollar movie when you can make a movie that makes more than 500M. Inhumans is being moved to make room for Spidey 2.
>>
>>68613744
the parody is pretty good: http://nuzlocke.com/muhphoenix.php?p=1
>>
>>68619455
this isn't DBZ you fucking weeb, power levels don't need to go up every movie
>>
>>68618724
>Wondered what happened to her.
>Vanished from the internet one day, no trace.
>Reddit has an entire board of people trying to find her.
>>
File: no more brian singer.jpg (41 KB, 575x288) Image search: [Google]
no more brian singer.jpg
41 KB, 575x288
>>68613634
>>
>>68620110

Apparently she's married and has a kid.

Shame she never transitioned into JOI or more hardcore idol stuff. I still hope she comes back.
>>
>>68617642
>Who is going to watch a movie about
When will this notion die. Anything the MCU adapts has a built in fan base, simply by being in the MCU.
>>
>>68620287
What if they did a reverse House of M in the MCU to explain the sudden appearance of the mutants?
>>
File: all new.jpg (15 KB, 182x277) Image search: [Google]
all new.jpg
15 KB, 182x277
>>68613683

now imagine at the end of X-Men Apocalypse they come to future in NY in 2016?
>>
>>68620439
It would be easier to have a fantastic 4 movie with some inter dimensional event fusing the two universes.
>>
>>68620439
too smart for these producers
>>
>>68620540

Worst fucking idea ever, fucking Bendis
>>
>>68620540
What's this comic.
>>
File: wp_ss_20160423_0001.png (693 KB, 720x1185) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160423_0001.png
693 KB, 720x1185
>>68620439
>>
>>68620392
She's a retard who just showed off her cleavage without showing actual tits, and in the end was just a famewhore who apparently bagged her cash cow.
>>
>>68620590

Shit, ignore it
>>
>>68620668
Yeah but I'd stick my dick in her if you know what I mean senpai
>>
>>68620660
Just make a Scarlet Witch movie that's actually an Avengers x.5 that deals with SW going crazy because Quicksilver is dead and other shit happens and it ends with Wanda turning a part of the human population of Earth into mutants with her powers so she can have a "family".
>>
>>68619455
Nobody gives a fuck about power levels, I haven't read the comics and I don't know who is stronger. I'm going to assume normies don't either.
>>
>>68620769
But anon, that could be interesting.
>>
>>68621361
I know, that's why I want a movie about it.
If only I was Jewish, lived in America and could write.
>>
>>68620769
>>68621361
Or hell, even better, Wanda says "I want Pietro back." and Chaos Magic hijinks ensue that bring the current slate of X-Men to the MCU, with Evan Peters as Quicksilver, and Fassbender as Magneto.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.