[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time the vikings won anything in this show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Vikings_OneSheet_FN.jpg (3 MB, 2025x3000) Image search: [Google]
Vikings_OneSheet_FN.jpg
3 MB, 2025x3000
When was the last time the vikings won anything in this show with any lasting effect?

Why do they always lose?

Do the showrunners harbour some secret contempt for vikings and just want to see christians prevail, the filthy fucking irishmen?
>>
hijacking your thread

Just finished S4, but im not sure if my rip was complete.
How does the episode end?
In my rip he stand in the crowd asking "WHO WANTS TO BE KING", rams his sword in the ground. Then comes a shot of his and a hard cut ending.

But to your question:
Why do they always lose?
They dont. They always won so far, but they didnt come to conquer a city. They just want to raid those cities.
At the end of S3 they got a huge amount of gold.

S4 just had to be done, so they can cut of ragnar and proceed with his sons as main characters.
Could be cool imo, ragnar got boring with his drug abuse and sweating.
>>
Maybe because after the the English and French got there shit together they beat the fuck out of the vikings.
>>
>>68610883
S3 Paris raid doesn't count?

Anyway, wait for Ragnar to get pissed, invade England, get rekt by Aella and his sons create a Great Heathen Army. That's when rektage will happen.
>>
>>68613227
No, because it only lasted for about five minutes before Rollo betrayed Ragnar, killed everyone and proceeded to fuck everyone sideways when they returned.
>>
>>68613227
And then watch it get reked by Alfred
>>
>>68612515
>Just finished S4
That's funny because S4 is only half finished
>>
>Rollo is Caesar
What did he mean by this?
>>
>tfw only saw the American rip first of the mid-season finale, and missed out on the scene where Bjorn and Aslaug are fucking hard, and Aslaug is being really manipulative to Bjorn over it
>>
>>68610883

This is the show oddly sticking to history in one aspect: the Vikings got cucked over and over again

Basically anytime they fought a battle they lost

Their (multiple, because they couldn't ever stop from fucking it up) conquests of England are about the only thing they were ever successful at
>>
>>68613441

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_de_Triomphe

Tradition.
>>
>>68613552
And that's only because they desisted from their typical cowardly raiding techniques and adopted Frankish tactics they'd developped from their holding in Normandy.
>>
>>68613441
De facto military commander of the Frankish Empire. The last use of the title of Caesar in the western Roman Empire before the fall was as general of the armies, while Augustus referred to the ruling Emperor.
>>
>>68613572
>ctrl+f Caesar
>no results

Your probably right, but I just want a legit explanation
>>
>>68613441
>>68613604
Also Europeans were back then were all huge Romanboos

Even with Alfred, and his mother's husband went to Rome, they made comments about Caesar
>>
>>68613616

They wouldn't have literally said caesar, it was more giving of laurels after a major victory. There is a very long and complex history, going from Western Roman Empire, to Germanic Empire to eventual rebuilt Holy Roman Empire that goes through a history of over a thousand years in post roman, Western Europe that uses traditions beginning in Roman times that take on local cultural significance and tie directly into the church that would be far too complicated to explain here.

Lets just go with something simple like 'tradition'
>>
>>68610883
Nice try Sheckleburg. Thanks for pushing your native Irish Christians are bad but angry invaders are good narrative. We know it's just subtext for what's going on today in Europe.
>>
>>68613685
ty anon, i prefer your longer explanation
>>
>The period of time the Vikings are most famous for is also the period of time their culture was destroyed by Christianity

p o t t e r y
>>
>>68613693

considering how xenophobic and isolationist we are, if propaganda really worked, you wouldn't be here numbnuts.

we would also be taking on millions of refugees since we have more resources and space than europe does.
>>
>>68613790
>considering how xenophobic and isolationist we are, if propaganda really worked, you wouldn't be here numbnuts.

I'm not sure I get your exact point/reference here. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>68613944

propaganda has a bell curve in terms of effectiveness, paranoia beyond a certain point turns you into /x/ instead of someone that can reason in a rational way.

The difference might seem minor but how others perceive you and how the things you intend to inform others are received are bound to this perception.

You forgo that because either you lack awareness or don't reflect on your own ideas enough to sound them out.

So when you regurgitate some garbage or whichever anon made that post, shitposting or not, they look crazy. Unhinged. It reminds me of that russian that went to france and wrote a book. I'm sure you know the one.
>>
>>68610883
To me it seems that the successes of vikings were mainly the establishment of Normandie and its legacy. The explorations is also a credit for the vikings, but they weren't great conquerers. I'm Norwegian and the more I read about vikings, the more disappointed I get, but also the more I read about Normanners, the more fascinated I get.
>>
>>68614039
Who is WE? You say "we" are? I have no idea who you are, and you have no idea who I am.

The Sheckleburg post was obvious satire. If you can't pick up on that extremely clear fact, then maybe you're not the guy to deconstruct the subtext involved in propaganda. It's a bit above your pay grade mate.
>>
File: severalhourslater.jpg (39 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
severalhourslater.jpg
39 KB, 349x642
>>68615045
>>
>>68615181
I'll take this as a concession.
>>
>>68615181
>go on 4chan
>get offended by a joke about DA JOOS
>>
>>68613406
>s1 9ep
>s2 10ep
>s3 10ep
>s4 20ep, but for some reasons split in 2x 10
>implying 2nd half isnt basicly s5

I hope they dont start 2nd half in feburary 2017, wikipedia says start 2016 so i have hopes.
>>
>>68615181
>>68614039
>>68613790

It's always top flight entertainment when somebody with a low IQ attempts to tackle complex ideas. It's just endlessly hilarious.
>>
>>68612600
Yep. Vikings were snow nuggers, Medieval Somalis. They prey on defenceless monasteries and villages. When up against proper armies, they got btfo. Until German nationalist revisionists came along, the Vikings were held in same contempt as Vandals, Goths and Huns (funny how they're all "Germanic").
>>
>>68616417
>huns
>germanic
>>
>>68616417
>nuggers
>a thing
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.