[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many times must a character fail before he's no longer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: SupermanJLBColorWeb.jpg (142 KB, 620x797) Image search: [Google]
SupermanJLBColorWeb.jpg
142 KB, 620x797
How many times must a character fail before he's no longer considered to be popular?

He's at least been bumped off the top 5.
>>
He's just so stupid. Storytelling is about boundaries, but he has none except for evil MacGuffins which explicitly nullify his power. So dumb. Almost dumber than Batman.
>>
>>68249305
>Storytelling is about boundaries
Literally only hacks believe this, and they create the worst Superman stories.

>American writers often say they find it difficult to write Superman. They say he’s too powerful; you can’t give him problems. But Superman is a metaphor. For me, Superman has the same problems we do, but on a Paul Bunyan scale. If Superman walks the dog, he walks it around the asteroid belt because it can fly in space. When Superman’s relatives visit, they come from the 31st century and bring some hellish monster conqueror from the future. But it’s still a story about your relatives visiting.
>>
>>68248606
>606 checkd
>>
File: firstavenger.jpg (4 MB, 3705x5000) Image search: [Google]
firstavenger.jpg
4 MB, 3705x5000
>>68248606
I'm starting to think Captain America is becoming the US's top hero.
>>
>>68248606
Oh good another capeshit thread.
>>
if they wanted to reinvent superman, should've went with this version.

he doesn't get along with the government, more of a rebel, this change makes him more of a symbol for the small guy.
>>
>>68250623
wouldve fit will with mexican flash to, rapido hombre
>>
>>68250732
why aren't there speedy Gonzales jokes?

they don't need to make him Mexican, although Supes was always an immigrant and I find in clever to make him an 'regular' one.

instead of lawful/good make him neutral or even chaotic/good
>>
>its another capeshit thread
>>
>>68250732
you mean Spicsilver?
>>
>>68251030
i mean rapid raul, the hasty hombre
>>
I always wondered why they even had the Clark Kent character? Just be Superman. You are an alien so you have no secret identity.
>>
They should have just straight up done a few Justice League movies and if they proved popular then maybe some stand alones
>>
>>68251476
Clark Kent is the basis of his character, it's him choosing to inherit the basic problems that the common man has and makes him very compelling.
>>
the funny thing about superman is that he wouldn't actually be able to solve anything in the real world, his powers would basically go to waste. How is he going to solve the palestinian conflict ? how is he going to keep terrorists from blowing themselves up in Europe ? how is he going to solve africa's poverty, HIV, malaria, and so on ? How is he going to put an end to financial corruption in the first world ? he can't do shit, that's why they have to come up with end of the world plots one after the other to make him seem useful
>>
>>68250623
>>68250732
dios mio
>>
>>68252669
He could kill ISIS.
He could scare the palestinian terrorist to stop bombing and scare the israeli goverment so that they keep jews from settling palestinian land
>>
>>68252983
Yeah, and in part that's what BvS is about - his ability to solo state-level interventions. I seriously hope they re-address that without a bomb to interrupt.
>>
>>68252539
I watched Kill Bill 2 too.
>>
File: communismpepe.jpg (23 KB, 235x228) Image search: [Google]
communismpepe.jpg
23 KB, 235x228
>>68252669
He could solve literally all of that by overthrowing capitalism and enforcing communism.
>>
>>68253141

Except Kill Bill's Superman speech was outdated, stating that Clark was the disguise when that hadn't been true in years then or now, he generally grows up with the Kents as a "normal human" til he's 18 and then discovers his alien Kryptonian heritage.

He doesn't just go "oh I'm an alien? Well the last 18 years mean nothing now."
>>
File: 1371012970606.jpg (28 KB, 420x320) Image search: [Google]
1371012970606.jpg
28 KB, 420x320
>>68253171
>tfw its true
>>
>>68253182
So this is ok, yet people still bitch about Batman killing people?
>>
>>68252983
>>68253112
it's not gonna work and you know it. ISIS doesnt' have to make their face known, both israeli and particularly palestinians consider they have to retake what was rightfully theirs and won't stop until they die or they get what they want. Supes' power won't do shit about that, he has to take political decisions and enforce them, but then he becomes basically america with the afghanistan and irak's war, except a little more successful at it.
>>
>>68253253
There's been some pretty good stories based around that very notion.
>>
>>68253252

Well to be fair Bill was an old guy so he's more than likely talking about the Superman from HIS childhood which would be early Silver age, so it still works.
>>
>>68252669
There is one thing he could do
>>
>>68252669
Go to syria
Crucify every isis member he finds
Cover them in swine blood so they won't go to heaven
Free the sex slaves, bang the cute ones
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.