[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like Jurassic Park III better than The Lost World
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Jurassic Park III iTunes Poster.jpg (684 KB, 998x1500) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic Park III iTunes Poster.jpg
684 KB, 998x1500
Even when I saw the whole trilogy in 2009 I thought the third one was better than the second, and even as a growing adult, I still think that's the case. The first one is definitely the best and World to me is the second, but personally, I thought this film was good, like a B- or something. I even thought it did some things better than Jurassic World.

The thing for me is that III was like a roller coaster ride with better characters, effects, and a bigger variety of creatures. The Lost World for me seemed to go too long because I thought Ian Malcolm lost all his charm, and aside from Kelly I thought all the characters were either hypocritical in their fight or were just plain stupid. When the action scenes did come in, most of the time they just reused the T. Rex and the Velociraptors which I thought I saw enough off in the first one. I also thought TLW had way too many plotholes or unexplained messages because it was so convoluted with it's story.

Jurassic Park III reminded me more of the original because it was a simple story and Sam Neil seemed like he was Alan Grant all over again. I also liked how there was a good amount of color in the film where as I always thought TLW was too dark and even had to much grey and brown all over the place. I liked Grant, Billy as a morally confused teen, and Eric as a strong, but also vulnerable and smart child. The Kirby's were meh, Paul is definitely better than Amanda, but when they were talking together they showed they were good. Tea Leoni gets a lot of shit in this movie, but I think whenever they had joked like talking about their used cars or the fishing story where one vechicle kept on getting dragged into the water, they did an okay job. Jurassic Park III seemed more like a Spielberg film because it seemed to me it had a good idea of how and when it should be light and colorful, and how and when it should be dark and scary. The soundtrack was lovely as well thanks to Don Davis!
>>
ALAN
>>
all jurassic park films are shit t b h
>>
File: Jurassic Park 3 Pic 37.jpg (67 KB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic Park 3 Pic 37.jpg
67 KB, 600x396
CONTINUED:

I know that Spinosaurus did kill the T. Rex, but I didn't care because I was kind of tired with T. Rex, and he was already a huge boss of the dinosaur world, so I was at least happy we got a new therapod at all. I liked Spinosaurus the best of the three JP big therapods, it was a perfect combination of something scary and frightening. It does sound like something stupid, but those sharp teeth, blank green eyes, and long claws made it nightmare fuel IMO. When thing comes out of the water I still think it's scary.

As for the raptors, yeah it is a bit stupid but I don't mind. They were on to something since pack hunters like hyenas and lions do communicate similarly, and while the climax is a letdown, I liked the idea of a JP movie ending with something that isn't a huge showdown or brawl. It was kinda neat to see that voice chamber because raptors could have very well communicated like that. I thought TLW was actually the more disrespectful cause to mean it seemed like it's message at the end was that dinosaurs are wonderful creatures and should be left alone, where as I thought the whole message was to not create them in the first place and that their existence is a bad idea in general!

The effects I thought were better than TLW. The Spinosaurus animatronic was kinda weak at points, but other times like when it was in the water or playing kickball, I thought it looked great. I also had a hard time distinguishing in some scenes what raptor was a robot and what was made in a computer! Not to mention the Pterandons looked great and that whole scene in the birdcage was awesome in general.

So, I guess many may call me not a real fan, or idiotic, but after seeing this film multiple times, the B-Movie premise, new therapod and pterosaurs, better characters, side of uplifting humor, mixture colorful and dark imagery, nice soundtrack, and impressive effects made like this one a lot better than TLW.
>>
Despite the blog, I also liked JW III.
Second best to the original.
>>
>>68222406

I thought JPIII had worse characters, but better character chemistry than JW. The characters in JW were good separately, but they wasted Owen and Claire's relationship with a pointless romance, the villain was too cliche, and the only people I thought were really a team were the brothers. In JP3 I felt the entire cast was a team to some degree. Not to mention I think thanks to animatronics JPIII has way better effects!
>>
File: 442317871_1280x693.jpg (135 KB, 1280x693) Image search: [Google]
442317871_1280x693.jpg
135 KB, 1280x693
>>68221878
OP you are a fagg. Everyone knows that based Fan Cut - Survivalist cut- it's leagues better.
It looks a bit choppy "because it refuses to show the shitty cgi" but it kind of gets the point across of:
Alan Grant, an old wolf that feels like he is loosing the spark and goes on a final journey to discover that he's still got it!
https://vimeo.com/68468007
>>
>>68222406
TLW it's the second best of them all. Better actors, better catchy dialogue, better cinematography, better production "EVEN THE SPECIAL EFFECTS LOOK BETTER!" and better fucking soundtrack.
Yes it is NOT PERFECT but at least it is leagues better than the two that followed which where just made to fill a production quota to gain moneyz.
>>
>>68222847
The CGI looks like Crap, the actors are so cliched you could puke it gets so campy you don't even know anymore if it is suppose to have any relation to the original. It tried to shoehorn in a shitty message, for the sake if having a message to try to sound at least a little bit intelligent which results only into pretensiones.
The plot was stupid, the characters were stupid, the movies was stupid.
>better than the two that followed which where just made to fill a production quota to gain moneyz
Don't make me laugh. This shit was a build up to to another cash grabbing movie. "Jurassic Wars"
When you think about Jurassic Park, you think about people creating Dinosaurs for warfare purpose, because that was never done before.
>>
>>68223691
>Don't make me laugh. This shit was a build up to to another cash grabbing movie. "Jurassic Wars"
>When you think about Jurassic Park, you think about people creating Dinosaurs for warfare purpose,
When you think about jurassic park you think about zoo with dinosaurs, not warfare bullshit.

TLW was based on Mike Chritchons book of the same name which was meant as a sequel to explore what happened with the remains of the park "dinosaurs etcc"

Mike chritchon did NOT write the screenplay, if you had read the book you would had seen that it was a very different story.
Even then as campy and comfy as it was it had better ground and execution than the other two.
The cgi looks better integrated than the one from Jurassic world and JP3.
The message was simple, let nature alone and dont cash grab on like sea world did.
>>
>>68221878
Bob Peck
he was Muldoon in JP. Both died, his character and himself, six years later, in
Yet no one talks about him, he is by no a completely forgotten actor
>>
>>68223911
>Even then as campy and comfy as it was it had better ground and execution than the other two.
>We got Dinosaur Pokemon fights and T-Rex roarink like he was fucking Simba. Dinosuar Rambo.
How can you take this serious?
>The cgi looks better integrated than the one from Jurassic world and JP3
It did not. The CGI looked worse than in the last movie, despite being ages apart from each other.
>The message was simple, let nature alone and dont cash grab on like sea world did.
>It's so deep. The Dominus Rex has to find its place in the nature.
>That means he has kill every single Dinosaur it comes across.
>Look how sad. A dying Dinosaur. Do you Finally realize not to toy with life, like it means nothing?
>Proceed to kill the babysitter in the most glorified way possible.
And to you initial idea of the message.
We got this message every single time. This was nothing specail. Find something new if you don't want to be shit.
>>
>>68224250
>It did not. The CGI looked worse than in the last movie, despite being ages apart from each other.
1997, they know how to use it and WHEN. The model and it's light's blend with those of the enviorment and camera.
They use actual animatronics for close ups.

Newer movies failed on such thing and look pixelated as fuck. Let alone like stickers.

Also the fuck are you talking about? I am talking about THE LOST WORLD not Jurassic world.

TLW did not have a deep message, it was just an adventure movie with a simple one.

JW had none, it was basically a wanabe copy of Chaos Effect "without the cool color schemes"
Jurassic world sucks dude. It's one of the worst movies ever and the director it's a fraudulent hack.
>>
>>68222847
no it's garbage
>>
Both sequels are decent pop corn flicks.
>>
>>68223947
I remember him and liked him and was bummed when I found he died not that old. Wish he lived in the film.
>>
I like III too and especially agree with how you said it's hard to tell when the raptors are CGI or practical. I love the raptors in III.
>>
>>68222847
Tlw has better moments like peter stomare getting btfo by the tiny dinoes the long grass and the cliff scene. Also even tho the t rex rampage is terrible seeibg it punk the dog out of the doghouse is always great
>>
>>68227577
The climax is really the only thing I like in TLW better than in JP3...
>>
JP3 is dogshit.

They didn't even writing the damn movie before they shot it, nor did they have an ending when they finished it.

I'll take a T Rex fucking shit up in San Diego any day over "wow she called the Navy and the Marines!"

Never mind the fact that JP2 was directed by Spielberg who brings characters to life and gives them natural sounding dialogue. JP3 blows dicks.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.