[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do we think about Eli Roth? I think he is yet to make a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: knock knock.jpg (26 KB, 300x419) Image search: [Google]
knock knock.jpg
26 KB, 300x419
What do we think about Eli Roth?

I think he is yet to make a great film. All his films contain some interesting counter framing though (despite him being a merchant). The Green Inferno is probably the best example of this in which derides SJWs and almost gleefully celebrates their death (unfortunately it's also probably his worst film).
>>
>>68185738
Knock Knock is a masterpiece
>>
Have you seen Death Game (the film it's a remake of)? If so, was it good and how does Knock Knock stand up?
>>
File: 1315558682639 (2).png (712 KB, 760x461) Image search: [Google]
1315558682639 (2).png
712 KB, 760x461
>>68185738
>What do you think about Eli Roth?

I nearly gag at the mention of his name, and I've never wanted to punch a director so hard in the face in my life.

I had to sit through Cabin Fever because I had come with a large group of friends and to date I still consider it the worst movie i've ever seen in my life.

The
>this gun is for niggers
joke is probably one of the lowest moments in cinema and one of the hands down worst jokes of all time

then i get talked into going to see Hostel not knowing who made it and halfway through I think to myself
>omg.....this movie is.....so..so fucking bad....it's like Eli Roth level bad

and mfw his name pops up at the end: Written and Directed by Eli Roth aka the worst piece of shit director of all time

and to add insult to injury, he somehow became buddy buddy with one of my favorite filmmakers of all time, Quentin Tarantino, and even got to act in one of his films.

I know Quentin has some shit taste because he likes to watch obscure cinema but how the fuck does he actually like Roth's shit movies?

and then to add even more insult to injury, Eli Roth gets to work with one of my favorite actors of all time: Keanu Reeves

Why Keanu? Why?! I realize the roles arn't exactly pouring in like they used to (save for based John Wick) but damn dude....who blackmailed you into working with Eli Roth

I refuse to watch Knock Knock because I will never watch an Eli Roth movie again, but the trailer tells me all I need to know (that it's complete shit as usual with Eli)

and then I read the plot on wikipedia and it's even worse than the trailer makes it out to be.

How the fuck does this piece of trash get to make real movies?

The only upside is I know there's no reason in the world I shouldn't be able to be successful as a filmmaker if somehow Eli fucking Roth managed to become successful as a filmmaker.

Fuck that motherfucker.
>>
"I know Quentin has some shit taste because he likes to watch obscure cinema." What a normiefag. Plz choke on a dick.
>>
>>68186408
shut the fuck up.

what I meant was more like Quentin literally enjoys bad, low quality movies (like badly mad trash from the 70's) just because it's obscure.

there's nothing wrong with liking something obscure but he goes out of his way to talk about how he enjoys bad movies because they're bad
>>
>>68186285
>>this gun is for niggers
>joke is probably one of the lowest moments in cinema and one of the hands down worst jokes of all time
>he somehow became buddy buddy with one of my favorite filmmakers of all time, Quentin Tarantino, and even got to act in one of his films.

I can't stand all this pleb
>>
DUDE BLOOD LMAO
>>
>>68185738
I liked the first Hostel, but I haven't seen it in almost a decade.
>>
Eli Roth is trash, and you are trash for liking him.
>>
It was free pizza!
>>
Quentin likes shit that most normiefags don't.
I personally haven't seen him endorse an "obscure" movie which was crap.
Apparently Speed is one of his favourite movies tho.
I thought Speed was pretty average despite a good turn from Dennis Hopper.
>>
>>68185738
>it's also probably his worst
I haven't seen all of his movies, but that was pretty good
>>
>>68185738
He's plebtrician director like a Zack Snyder he thinks he's making art but it's actually just what plebs consider to be art.
>>
>>68185738

He's a frat bro kike pretending to know something about horror. Taking the worst possible lessons from exploitation films and doing a disservice to the genre with every piece of shit he shoves out. He's also a shitty actor.
>>
>>68186688
>I personally haven't seen him endorse an "obscure" movie which was crap.
he's talked constantly about loving really shitty blacksploitation films and really shitty kung fu films that were like bruce lee knock off stuff.

and he said he actually likes the fact that they're badly made, that they have visible mistakes in them and bad sound. To him that's part of the beauty of it...
>>
Synder is clearly making much more mainstream films that appeal to a larger demographic of mouth breathers than Roth.
>>
>>68185738

He's awful. His films never even reach "so bad it's good" levels of entertainment, because they're much too self-conscious. He KNOWS he's making a bad movie, we know he knows he's making a bad movie, so you don't even get the pleasure of mocking the director. His work is deeply unpleasant and antisocial too, I really just can't find anything to enjoy about it, and I don't know why I keep giving him another chance when he releases a new movie.

"Hostel" was his best. Cleverest concept, and his whole approach was still kind of novel. I'd rate that one like a 6/10, and I haven't seen it since it was in theaters, so it might not even be as good as I remember
>>
>>68187025
>>68186688
>>68186408

learn to quote and format your post newfag

also clear the name field, this ain't your home board
>>
>>68187068
">" learn to quote and format your post newfag

thanks for the hint autiste
>>
>>68187260
>newfag
>>
>>68187056

Are you me?
>>
>>68187407
>Are you me?
No, no idea what happened
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.