[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek Marvel Cinematic Universe Arrowverse DC Extended Universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: marvel.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
Star Trek
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Arrowverse
DC Extended Universe
Universal Monster Universe
Star Wars Universe

Is this our life now? If so, good.

>the public will now be as concerned as you about canon

GOOD.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 363x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 363x500
You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't it?
>>
Universal Monster Universe where long connected before even MCU started. Tarantino also has these.
>>
>Arrowverse
Wtf is this shit?
>>
>>68168470
>Universal Monster Universe where long connected before even MCU started.
Talking about the upcoming movies in a new universe.

>Tarantino also has these.
Red Apple cigarettes does not a universe make.

>>68168499
Arrow
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl
Constantine
>>
>>68168392
Why did you leave out Doctor Who?

Meh that show has gone down the drain after Moffat took over anyway
>>
>>68168527
You can't have a universe with one property. That's like the "I marathoned this movie last night" meme.
>>
>>68168510
Ahh right i forgot arrow also appeared in supergirl
>>
>>68168546
Umm Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Smith show, new young adult high school show

That is 4 shows in the doctor who universe mate, also including the paul mcgann audios
>>
>>68168549
The Flash did.

>>68168572
Oh sorry. Humble turbonerd here. Not quite on your level yet.
>>
Pixarverse
>>
>>68168638
You're telling me that when Buzz and Woody are riding in that little Toyota truck to the pizza place, the truck is actually alive and has a giant fucking face on the front and is feeling immense pain from being driven by a human?
>>
>>68168392
>Purposely calls itself the DCEU to distinguish itself from the MCU
>Only includes the movies
Why can't DC do anything right?
>>
>>68168688
Because it doesn't own its own properties.
>>
>>68168638
Pixarverse isn't canon, just shitty Easter eggs and fan theories
>>
>UMU

They've been trying to get that going for a while but they still lack the marketing angle and franchise mastermind (Kevin Feige).

Dracula Untold was surprisingly good but they did Jack shit to connect the other monsters into the end credits scene (Dracula just walks through a city). At least add a mcguffin, a symbol or an organization to tie them all together.

That being said I'm all for it if they can get it rolling. It has an opportunity to get into biblical shit (Spear of Destiny, Holy Grail, John's Head).

>Wolfman - Speed
>Invisible Man - Matter Phasing
>Frankenstein - Electricity
>Mummy - Shape Shifting

I got nothing for Swampy.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.