[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a movie that more accurately portrays millennials
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 91iUsx1WNrL._SL1500_.jpg (199 KB, 1014x1500) Image search: [Google]
91iUsx1WNrL._SL1500_.jpg
199 KB, 1014x1500
Name a movie that more accurately portrays millennials
>>
Believe it or not "My Name is Dorris" does it.
>>
File: dbag-ravers.jpg (14 KB, 180x233) Image search: [Google]
dbag-ravers.jpg
14 KB, 180x233
>>68156273
>wanting to fuck sally fields
>>
Twilight

Millenials are the Internet 2.0 generation and therefore Romantics 2.0 as well. What Romantics did was to infuse bunch of irrational thought to vague concepts such as fog, sunrise, war, romance (of course) and the like. What millenials did was to infuse all that meaning communicated to them not a posteriori (via going out in the world) but a priori (through a screen that they had the 'freedom' to 'manipulate'). Twilight is about horrible Harry Potter fanfic mangled to near-illegibility and infused through stone faced zero talent actors like Kristen Stewart, someone who jitters and mumbles her way through the movie so ineptly that she becomes a blank slate not different from the aforementioned screen where something seemingly happens.

In both ways, a millenial infuses these images with meaning, and continues to feed on irrationality and low effort content. Because they can't shit blood and die like Byron, the cycle perpetuates itself until no new movement other than Millenial 2.0 is possible.
>>
>>68156532

The point is that nobody except the creepy uncle wanted to fuck sally fields. But they liked her as a person and tolerated her weird shit throughout the movie.
>>
>>68156226
I don't know about "more" and it's certainly not as engaging but The Bling Ring left me with a similar feeling.
>>
>>68156226
Spring Breakers is for sure a great example of the social aspect of millenials, but as far as the side with all of the kids who are a part of the sweeping anxiety disorder and depression epidemic, I don't think a really really good one has been made yet. Maybe Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl.
>>
>>68156781
I've been wanting to check that out
>>
>>68156916
I really loved it. The direction is excellent, all the kids are great actors, and it's actually really funny. It also makes a lot references to criterion films
>>
>>68156781
>u betta play with dem tittays
>>
>>68156226
>>68156590
>>68156781

>In 2006, Australian McCrindle Research Center, used 1982 to 2000 as birth dates in a document titled "Report on the Attitudes and Views of Generations X and Y on Superannuation".[21][22] Separately, McCrindle has also defined Generation Y as those born between 1980 to 1994.[23]
>In 2013, a global generational study conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers with the University of Southern California and the London Business School defined Millennials as those born between 1980 and 1995.[24]
>In May 2013, a Time magazine cover story identified Millennials as those born from 1980 or 1981 to 2000.[25]
>In 2014, the Pew Research Center, an American think tank organization, defined "adult Millennials" as those who were 18 to 33 years old, born 1981–1996.[26] And according to them, the youngest Millennials are still "in their teens" with "no chronological end point set for them yet".[26]
>Also, in 2014, a comparative study from Dale Carnegie Training and MSW Research was released which studies Millennials compared to other generations in the workplace. This study described "Millennial" birth years between 1980–1996.[27] Gallup Inc. which is a large company that does polling, also tends to use 1980-1996 as birth years.[28][29][30]
>Various other sources put the births of Millennials between 1983 and 2000, particularly in the United States and Canada.[31][32][33]

Most people on 4chan are millennial, stop acting like you're better than everyone, you're a part of that generation
>>
>>68157190
>arguing semantics
>>
the comedy
>>
Frances Ha
The Comedy
Tiny Furniture
>>
>>68156226
Napoleon dynamite
>>
>>68156590
i really dont think any twilight fans give it that much thought
>>
>>68157190
I know I'm a millennial and have no problem with it, I just want to know if there are any good movies about us.
>>
>>68157272
>Frances Ha

oh fuck I forgot about that.

Greta Gerwig is waifu tier
>>
SPRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNG BREEEEAAAAAAKKKKEEEEEEERSSSS FORRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEER
>>
>>68157241
>>68157272
I got the impression that The Comedy was portraying aging yet infantile Gen-X hipsters.
Great film though.
>>
>>68157190
yeah i never said I wasn't a millennial. we're here to talk films bud
>>
File: LOOK AT MY SHIT .jpg (208 KB, 1920x792) Image search: [Google]
LOOK AT MY SHIT .jpg
208 KB, 1920x792
>>68157386
LOOK AT MY SHIT

LOOK AT ALL MY SHIT

I GOT THE MOTHA FUCKIN STAR TREK ENTERPRISE IN THIS MOTHA FUCKA

Franco should have gotten an oscar
>>
>>68157554
>yfw he sucked their dicks
>>
21 Jump Street
>>
>>68157631
Nice pick. Forgot about that one.
>>
File: succ.jpg (16 KB, 236x469) Image search: [Google]
succ.jpg
16 KB, 236x469
>>68157597
>mfw I will never suck Ashley Benson's metaphorical dick
>>
>>68156226
>lumping all the millenials together and defining them with a single movie
I mean spring breakers itself is just about the spring breakers culture and the motifs and triggers behind it, ticking the machine, and also a very moody and dark entry in the life of the engineers of the teenage consumerism.

For me its difficult to say everyone is like that. I know pretty decent girls and guys of my age more or less and they don't share the same interests. The book of hedonism is only followed by a strict few. It may become a reality for all in a few years though, with the inevitable extinction of the learning system as we know it and everyone having not many responsabilities while growing up. But we're not there yet. Anyway, Spring Breakers is a fucking brilliant movie.
>>
>>68157799
Spring Breakers is one of my favorite films and definitely Harmony Korine's best work. I wish /tv/ talked about it more.
>>
>>68157283
Neither did ladies stop and wonder why they're swooning over Byron.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.