[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate everything about this character. Fucking jesus >his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Kylo-Ren-In-Star-Wars.jpg (772 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kylo-Ren-In-Star-Wars.jpg
772 KB, 1920x1080
I hate everything about this character. Fucking jesus

>his design
>the oversized, dorky-looking helmet
>his generic voice
>the fact that he's just an emo edge-lord (literally babby's first angst-ridden villain)

I feel like Kylo Ren is Hollywood's attempt at making an anime/videogame-style pretty boy villain. He just comes off as uninspired if you're not a pleb.
>>
>>68135247
Welcome to Star Wars and Capeshit (formerly Star Wars and Memes)!
>>
>hating on my boy kylo ratface
he's the best villain
>hates normies
>he hates his dad for not understanding the darkness in his heart
>has a cool OC lightsaber
>rrrreeeeeeees every five seconds
>>
>>68135181

Because Kylo's a faggot who tries to be Vader and fails

>his generic voice

Because Kylo's a faggot who's more man than machine, unlike Vader.

>the fact that he's just an emo edge-lord (literally babby's first angst-ridden villain)

Right, because Anakin was so much more complex in the prequels. Even then, Anakin being an angsty villain makes no sense because he knew he was "the chosen one". You don't expect an olympic athlete to cry when they lose.

It fits Kylo's character because, again, he's a faggot.

Kylo Ren is not Darth Vader. He is not a Sith Lord. He's a fuckboy who fails at everything, at the very least he was able to kill his own father, and I would imagine going forward he'll be able to attain more of his goals, you know, what they teach in 101 filmmaking courses as a "character arc"
>>
>>68135536
What if I know all of that but still find him to be boring?
>>
Literally "men are impotent stupid immature boys" the character.
>>
>>68135536
So why would anyone think this "faggot" is a cool bad guy for a Star Wars movie?
A big bad who's a faggot and shit at everything.
What kind of shit is this?
>>
>>68135720
It's the New-Age audience. They want characters with heavy flaws everywhere so they can relate to them better.
>>
>>68135181
I feel like this character is a direct reference to me and my personal character and someone made a deliberate choice to use this series to mock me.
>>
Driver is so hot. I hope we see him without a shirt in episode 8. He is so adorkable along with all that military goodness. People hate his looks but it just makes him more relatable and "in reach" to fan girls who know Hollywood hunks are way out of their league.

He seriously is the full package for < 5 girls.
>>
File: alienstare.png (168 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
alienstare.png
168 KB, 400x400
>>68135536

>It's a "we should wait for the sequels" post
>>
>>68135181
>his design
nope, subjective as fuck
again
>his generic voice
AGAIN
>He is complaining about one of the main protagonists in a trilogy to be underdeveloped in the first one
you are literally a faggot OP
>>
>>68135720
>So why would anyone think this "faggot" is a cool bad guy for a Star Wars movie?
Because he will be the good one at the end and Rei will go to the dark side.
pay attention next time
>>
>>68136797
>using "subjective" as the "I don't want to argue but I'm right" cop-out.
"subjective" is a useless word. We may as well just use "situational", since it conveys everything "subjective" was supposed to before it became corrupted by retards.
>>
>>68135181
He's a manifestation of how Disney sees OTfags.
>>
>>68136874
how can you argue something that you liked or not?
you didn't say "the lightsaber was awfully designed BECAUSE x reason"
you said "i didn't like this"
so yes, it's subjective, the only part in your statement that isn't i gave my point of view about it.
faggot
>>
File: doublere.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
doublere.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>68136797

>ANOTHER "we should wait for the sequels" post

God damn it man can you people stop? Do we really need two or three fucking movies to make a character good? Luke was good in the first one, so was Han, so was Darth. Fuck.
>>
>>68137749
>implying the character of vader wasn't vastly expanded and improved by 5 and 6
>>
>>68137850

The point is: he's still good in the first one, on the first minute we saw him. We didn't need two or three movies to think "yeah, Vader is kind of cool"
>>
>>68137924
how old were you when you thought that vader was awesome at first sight?
unplug your nostalgia dildo.
we know right now that this will be a trilogy, so they need to articulate the character's development.
Lucas knew that he would be doing a trilogy when a new hope was released?
>>
>>68135181
If any Anon had force powers they would act like Kylo.

He is a try hard beta.
>>
File: ew.png (1 MB, 1594x1090) Image search: [Google]
ew.png
1 MB, 1594x1090
>>68137705
What are you on about?
There is very little that cannot be dissected to a point where even aesthetics cannot be meaningfully discussed. Calling things "subjective" is just trying to avoid discussing them by insisting there's no answer to it.
It wasn't originally part of my argument, but if you want a reason why I dislike his lightsaber, it's in no small part because it doesn't mimic Vader's, and yet in all other aspects, Kylo attempts to mimic Vader. If you want an aesthetic reason, then its' because of the strange proportions of the weapon. We're not operating on any defined ratio, like the pictured claymore and rapier.

Now, mind you, I'm using the official toy, specficially the deluxe model. We don't seem to have good images of the prop Driver used yet, so this is the best I can do.

The claymore has nice 5:1 or 3:1 ratios being used constantly. The Rapier has similar 3:1 ratios, while blade/crossguard ratios taper by about half.
Kylo's saber is a mess. I understand they were working on existing parameters concerning blade length and the handle, which is why I added the rapier in since the claymore has a greater blade width than handle width, while the rapier is more or less the same.

It ends up being ugly, and not even in a well-defined method. Vader's helmet is ugly, but intentionally so. If the ideal human face is based on the golden ratio, then vader's helmet distorts that ratio to make it ugly.
Kylo's saber is just uneven. I don't think they considered ratios when adding the side vents.
The only element of Kylo's saber I can praise is the angular parts of the handle that break up the smooth cylinder we'd have otherwise. It gives it a nice tension that figures well with the character.
Past designs, namely sith, had those edges, but they're more pronounced here. The side vents are just too smooth for the rest of the design and stand out awkwardly.
>>
>>68135720
Because he's not the main villain you dingus, Snoke is.
>>
>>68139735
What the fuck are you on about? They don't design real swords to be aesthetic, they make them to hurt people. The measurements just happen to work out for balancing purposes. Those same reasons don't apply to a weapon with a weightless blade. For lightsabers, the longer the better.
Also I SUBJECTIVELY like the way it looks. I just wish they made the hilt blades look more like exhausts.
>>
File: 1460395106740.jpg (62 KB, 486x479) Image search: [Google]
1460395106740.jpg
62 KB, 486x479
>>68135181
Kylo was perfect, you dummy
>>
>>68135181
he is the new vader now, get over it kiddo
>>
>>68140181
>they don't design swords to be aesthetic
Not true.
We can go back to the greeks on this one. Plutarch talks about the same sword was used to kill Dion and then Callippus, which was a "short-sword [...] after the Spartan fashion, and also by the style of its workmanship, for it was finely and elaborately chased".
Same deal the with tips of the claymore crossguard: pure aesthetics. Those rigs serve no purpose that a single rounded ball would not. Also see: guards on rapiers. Just throw that on into google.
In the case of the Greek weaponry, the claymore, and the rapier, all of them were made at times when the distinction between military and civilian were very thin. The Greeks largely were responsible for proving their own weapons and armor, as were the scottish clansmen, while rapiers existed as weapons made for and purchased by civilians looking to defend themselves or duel.
Aesthetics and weapons go hand in hand.

>subjectively
Why are you trying to avoid having a discussion on a discussion board?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.