[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Shows No One Is Watching thread. Maybe I've missed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: bloodline.png (767 KB, 1110x610) Image search: [Google]
bloodline.png
767 KB, 1110x610
Best Shows No One Is Watching thread.

Maybe I've missed some too, so recommend away fags.
>>
>>68129957
Fuck this show is beautiful. Prettiest scenery in any TV show
>>
The Unusuals
The Good Guys
>>
File: hellothere.jpg (435 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
hellothere.jpg
435 KB, 1600x1200
>>68129957
So, Ben Mendelsohn fucks with his family, endlessly provoking them and eventually it's alright to kill him, because he's a threat? Sure there's a line past which killing is alright, but Mendelsohn was basically just a prick. The show suffers because the 3 siblings aren't allowed the 'descent into darkness' arc that makes such brilliant television. They retain their characterization as decent people, after killing their brother in cold blood, so we get static and boring characters. Bloodlines was even worse than the walking dead at pushing its right wing 'killing people is ok if it's justified' agenda. The last episode was a fucking oceans 11 style caper instead of the tragedy it should have been, would have been as a liberal show. The worse flipside of this bullshit conservative ideology that people can't change is that Danny isn't allowed a redemption arc and we're told he's a bad guy at the start, through to him revealing his true colors, through to him being put down to better society. One reason for not having it end badly for everyone is Netflix wanting to jew out another season, but they're fucked after killing off Mendelsohn who is easily the most interesting actor. Fuck this show, i enjoyed it, but it would have been far more nuanced and interesting if it wasn't so conservative.
>>
>>68131026
>Mendelsohn was basically just a prick.
He stored drugs at the hotel, so the feds could have seized the entire business for civil forfeiture and left them all penniless. He was also clearly coming unhinged by that point. Yes, he got a raw deal early on and they should have treated them better. But once he crossed that line, it was just a matter of defending their livelihood.
>>
>>68131460
But he didn't store drugs at the hotel deliberately to ruin them, he did it because he had delusions of grandeur and an inferiority complex looking at his siblings with comparatively successful lives. He was trying to prove to himself that he could be successful too. I don't think he realized it would inevitably turn to shit, he held himself in too high esteem.

Not that i think murdering someone, especially your brother, is ok to protect your livelihood, but that's why they moved the drugs. Moving the drugs put them in a relatively safe position, and Danny wasn't going to be able to return to the Inn to continue his business and be caught again. I read it that John murdered Danny because he snapped, that it was a purely emotional crime, but then the characters wrap it up in rationality, and the show also wraps it up in rationality by giving them all happy endings.
>>
>>68131955
I thought it was edging the line between Voluntary manslaughter and Second-degree murder, but then the show basically tells us it was First-degree murder and that that's actually more just.
>>
>>68129957

sell me on Bloodline OP, if you please
>>
>>68129957
It was okay, but I felt the season was a little too long , could've done with fewer episodes in the middle.
I fear it won't be as interesting without Danny though.
>>
>>68129957
i dont have a picture but The Path on hulu has been fairly decent
>>
>>68129957
I just made a Bloodline thread yesterday & I got like 10 replies. It's underrated as fuck, but it hits close to home for me since my family sort of has a black sheep.
>>
>>68133797
its you
>>
Who's hyped for season 2?
>>
>>68129957
looks good but is kinda shit
>>
>>68134719
I am but I fear it won't be even nearly as good without Danny.
>>
File: fridaynight405-matt.jpg (16 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
fridaynight405-matt.jpg
16 KB, 400x200
Its not still on, but Friday Night Lights doesn't get near enough attention here
>>
>>68131026
This. It would have worked a lot better if it was meant to be just one season, but the last ten minutes of the final episode was utter shit with the sole intention of setting up a second season. I also agree about Mendelsohn being the only interesting character/actor. I probably won't even watch the second season just because he isn't in it.
>>
>>68134719
Danny is gone and so is my hype
>>
>>68134368
No, it's my brother who has asbergers. Sad story, I wish I was a better brother desu.
>>
>>68134719
The Pest is playing the villain, so I am hype.
>>
>>68136253
>>68138091
The lack of Danny being a major character does leave me fearful for the show, but I'm curious what the narrative will be and how the show will present itself this season.
>>
>>68137240
Is it worth watching?
>>
the knick
>>
>>68131026
>>68132138
>>68134719
>>68136253
>>68138091
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBrUPASutc
trailer for S2 doesn't look that bad
>>
>>68139985
Who do you want to die this season?
>>
>>68139846
I would say so. Currently in the last season, and that is a drag to watch so far. Hoping it gets better.
>>68129957
Deutschland 83
Horace and Pete
The Last Kingdom
>>
>>68129957
Hey there, might I bother ya for a little bit and ask what this show is all abut eh?
>>
>>68137240
>>68140178
FNL is a top 5 show for me. The last couple seasons aren't as strong but they aren't bad by any means imo, they just don't measure up to the first few.
I went in thinking it was a chick show but it's really not.

>>68140178
It's been a while since I watched it but iirc the last episode is a good wrap-up to the series. I cried I think.
>>
Ray Donovan
>>
>>68139985
Is that Pestario?
>>
File: jimmy-and-gretchen.jpg (23 KB, 520x293) Image search: [Google]
jimmy-and-gretchen.jpg
23 KB, 520x293
You're the Worst

Legitimately one of the best shows on TV imo
>>
>>68139879
This, even though it's probably dead
>>68140178
Last Kingdom was great too
>>
Halt and Catch Fire. Thankfully renewed.
>>
>>68142220
This
>>
>>68140433
Shit has got way too depressing for me.
>>
>>68139985
trailers almost never look bad, you should know that by now. but honestly i am hyped for season 2, cause i like season 1 a whole lot.
>>
>>68129957
When the fuck is the new season?
>>
>>68143137
google is your friend
>>
>>68129957
The Fall. Only see people on here bashing it for alleged feminism. A different series I liked is The Killing. Last season is kind of shit, though.
>>
>>68139796
>>68136253
I'm almost certain we'll be seeing Danny in flashbacks.
>>
>>68139796
>>68136253
IMDb does show him listed for the second season.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0578853/#actor

>>68143557
It'll probably be in flashbacks, yes.
>>
Rectify is the masterpiece no one deserves because they'd rather watch Game of Thrones or some other shit instead.
>>
>>68143519
I liked it but not done s2 yet.
>>
It is a boring, elitist show. Danny was the most entertaining character but even that could not carry it. Gave up on it on that episode that everyone was shitting on Danny /s
>>
>>68143557
Yeah, but his present will be severely limited because you can only do so much in flashbacks/dreams
>>
Billions
>>
>>68144831
That depends on how much they are willing to flesh out his background. The first season hinted at a lot of shit around a restaurant he started.
Besides, he has a fucking kid, it would surprise me if the show wouldn't go in depth about him.
>>
>>
>>68131955
>But he didn't store drugs at the hotel deliberately to ruin them
>implying it's fine to fuck up your family's lives and lose them their home as long as you were just being a careless asshole and not doing it directly out of spite
>>
fug, I am more excited about season 2 of bloodlines than any other shit this year.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.