[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Akan The Best Movie Villain of 2016 So Far?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: hardcore-henry-2.jpg (218 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
hardcore-henry-2.jpg
218 KB, 1000x600
>Am literally just asking just to star a Hardcore Henry dissolution thread.
>>
Why did he have telekinetic powers and why did they stop working near the end
>>
>>68119846
There is a prequel comic that problem goes into details. But I can only assume he was either born with those powers or that he got them because he's a scientists.

And the reason he lost his powers was because Henry was able to rip his hand apart, which he apparently needed to direct his telekinesis
>>
>>68119644
Love how this movie just gave zero fucks all the way through. His powers, Henry's abilities, Jimmy's avatars, everything was just pushed to the limits and I loved it. You could feel the video game inspirations all over from the structure of the story to the way the protagonist kept dumping and picking up weapons all around him. Especially got that vibe at the construction site where Jimmy explains how to use a grenade while in his Colonel outfit. My biggest complaint about this movie was that some of the camera work felt too fast and blurry, was a little hard to follow some action. But other than that it was a really fun movie. One of the few movies I've watched where I wanted to just stay in the theater and watch it again.
>>
>>68119846
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/hardcore-akan-1-bliss-on-tap-publishing-2016
I think the reason he was losing his powers was the hand thing and that using powers caused stress on his body.
>>
akan ueban
>>
He sounded like Christopher Lambert doing Christopher Walken
>>
>>68119846
Even he was levitating a single guy near the beginning of the movie he had a noticeable nosebleed. He burned out when he blew up the rooftop in the end, and Henry used that window to kill him.
>>
>>68119644
based akan knows no limits
anyone else get a bit of a tommy wiseau vibe from his performance?
if more of the movie were as unapoligetically weird and offbeat as him, I would've enjoyed it more than I did
>>
>>68121870
Not so much Tommy Wiseau, but his line delivery was kind of slow and his attitude seemed to be all over the place in some scenes. I guess he's really just a stereotypical unhinged villain.
Jimmy was the best though. I wanted to see more of the Colonel.
>>
>>68119644
Why the hell did they translate only some of the Russian? In fucking moscow?

Jesus that was annoying.

Other then that it was a fun experimental movie, got slightly thrown off once I left the theater though and had a bit of disorientation because of 1st person view, so I came out thinking for a second that I was "in" the movie as it were.
>>
>>68122322
>Why the hell did they translate only some of the Russian?
What's the matter with this?
>>
I really thought that was Ewan McGregor
>>
>>68122452
I just wanted to know what some of the ambient dialogue meant.

I'd think that would help during the slower moments to enhance the "realism" aspect. Just my opinion.

Also I personally like to learn what some russian words meant like speseeba and stuff.
>>
>>68122718
Pretty sure most of the untranslated dialogue is easy to get from context. Sure, not the words themselves, but the meaning behind them is almost always clear.
Also, spasibo (cпacибo) means "thanks".
>>
>>68122718
Would have just distracted the audience's eyes away from ongoing action or whatever is on screen. When a movie has a lot of subtitles that tends to happen with me at least. I start paying attention to the subtitles more in some attempt to understand what's being said instead of actually paying attention to what's going on.
Plus some of the dialogue was kind of easy to understand even if you don't know the language. Like that one scene where Henry steals clothes and two Russians come up to him before one of them gets his ass kicked and the other backs the fuck off screaming OPPA OPPA OPPA OPPA
>>
>>68119644
>implying the real villain wan't his "wife"
>>
>>68119644
I literally could not take psychic Russian Kurt Cobain seriously
>>
>>68123576
>psychic russian Kurt Cobain
Hyperkek
>>
>>68123576
Hahahaha.
>>
>>68122916
She died like a weak ass bitch though.

Does explain why the creepy russian guy was actually giving off rape vibes but turned out to be less fucked up then we thought. If only slightly.
>>
So before dying Jimmy transferred his mind into the last, unfinished tube baby, right? The one who dropped from the upper floor during Jimmies' fight with Henry. That's about the only reason to show that freak.
>>
File: hardcore_4_large.jpg (46 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
hardcore_4_large.jpg
46 KB, 680x382
Who's your favorite Jimmy?
>>
>>68124931
Hippy. Colonel was alright but I don't really get what's the big deal about him. Though maybe it's because I watched the movie with a crappy dub.
>>
>>68124667
No they blew that facility up remember?
>>
>>68125133
Remembered that right after hitting "post". Still, I'm pretty sure Jimmy survived the ordeal one way or the other. I didn't witness it myself, but wikipedia says he's talking to Henry during the credits - that counts for something, for sure.
>>
Just watched it 20 minutes ago, that was fucking amazing. pity it seems to have flopped
>>
>>68126768
It'll make its budget and even a bit more, but yeah, the profit's nothing to write home about. There was pretty much no negative press on the movie in Russia though - hopefully Naishuller won't be discouraged by his reception in the west and direct some more cool shit with Motherland's rubles.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.