[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened? It seemed like everyone was hyped about this show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: glee.jpg (50 KB, 600x287) Image search: [Google]
glee.jpg
50 KB, 600x287
What happened? It seemed like everyone was hyped about this show and then poof, I never heard anything about it again. The entire series is on Netflix, but I didn't know until after randomly browsing for like an hour.
>>
It was fun for about a season but the show went downhill quickly, mostly just due to its own premise/format. It's hard to keep writing about high school kids when those kids inevitably have to graduate and move on, and when that started happening and the new characters weren't as interesting (and the old characters became less interesting) than it just got stupid.

It was nice to see Mike O'Malley back on TV, though.
>>
Good the first 3 seasons, but then a lot of the main cast graduated, the new characters were duds, and the remaining old cast characterizations changed so drastically

i.e Sam
>>
>>68113279
This sounds about right.

>watch the pre-actual-show pilot
>they perform Don't Stop Believin'
>that happens to be one of my favorite songs so of course I decide to watch the actual show
>nothing lives up to that performance
>eventually just skip the song parts
>later the SJW drama gets so hamfisted I drop the show entirely, don't even remember if I even got to season 3
>find out later they had five or six seasons
>>
>>68113603
Remember what they did with Coach Beist? Her whole backstory is how she feels like a soft, feminine woman on the inside despite her tough tomboy exterior, and then they do a complete 360! Was trying way to hard to be edgy and controversial at the expense of characterizations and story lines.

Also, Will is a terrible teacher.
>>
It started out as a parody of high school dramas and then just became a high school drama.

And I'm one of the few that didn't hate the new characters. They were finding their groove when they got axed.
>>
File: large.png (434 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
large.png
434 KB, 500x669
Wasn't enough Punk Quinn.
>>
>>68112880

Fell victim to its pandering, like they all do.
>>
Quinn and Santana should have been the ones to marry eachother, there i said it.
>>
There's a good podcast i've been listening where like 4 guys watch the entirety of this show and discuss it from an objective standpoint. It's bizarre and the dudes are borderline autistic but its pretty interesting to listen too. I have only seen most of the first season however so more insight might be gained if you've seen the show/watch along with them.
>>
>>68115926

Name of the podcast?
>>
>>68116205
"Here's what you missed on Glee"
>>
File: 1268284373819.jpg (1 MB, 2700x3900) Image search: [Google]
1268284373819.jpg
1 MB, 2700x3900
>>68116262

Thanks anon.
>>
>>68116693
glad i wasnt the only one who wanted to do naughty things to her

No worries, enjoy it
>>
>>68113892

This hits the problem dead on. Season 1 was fantastic, then slowly over Season 2 it started to become the thing it was parodying until I ended up dropping it mid Season 3. A real shame I really liked Season 1.
>>
>>68117177
I liked Season 2 more than Season 1. Season 1 was exhausting with all of the adult drama.
>>
>>68117289

I think Season 1 had overall better music choices but it's been years so I can't really remember,
>>
>>68112880
I saw most of season one then stopped watching it. I mostly just watched it for cuties like her >>68116693
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.