[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw your stupid ex finally changed her netflix password and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: n4s1aip.jpg (49 KB, 520x394) Image search: [Google]
n4s1aip.jpg
49 KB, 520x394
>tfw your stupid ex finally changed her netflix password and you can't leech anymore

What is the consensus on the Dexter continuation? Supposedly there was talk this year (yes, 2016) about another season of Dexter. I haven't heard anything for a week or so, but you can't really get worse than the finale...so as far as I'm concerned, the uncharted territories of Dexter 09 are ripe.
>>
>>68040709

I rewatched the whole show recently, and it was amazing 10/10 for the first couple seasons, then went downhill pretty fast after Rita died and he had a magic nanny and never really had to worry about his kid anymore. He was never in any danger after Rita and it sucked. I mean in the Isaac season he's full on acting like an assassin at that point, like really?

I think the show ended on a 5/10 at best, and the only thing that really kept me watching was Hannah McKay (my waifu for laifu) so when he didn't end up with her and just ditched his kid, understandably I was mad.

If they do a reboot or retcon or whatever, he better end up with Hannah McKay, or else the show should take place in the middle before he even meets her, and if they do that they better have Dokes (however you spell it) back in.
>>
>>68040709
https://youtu.be/QgaRd4d8hOY
>>
>>68040709

...April?
>>
>>68041230
>hannah

Hannah was fucking garbage.

She was a retarded replacement for Lumen, who wasn't very good to start with, but who was probably supposed to stick around after Season 5 until Michale C Hall and Julia Stiles started fucking during filming, which pissed off his then-wife Jennifer Carpenter who probably demanded Stiles get booted. Hence Lumen's last-minute "I have to go now, my planet needs me" exit.
>>
>>68041230
I doubt they'd have it take place before Dexter became the Brawny man. Dexter and Deb are divorced irl and apparently it was awkward for them to work together. When they decided to throw in the incest dream plotline, there was originally supposed to be a sex scene but the actress that plays Deb refused.
>>
>>68040709
What have you actually heard and when and from where? I haven't heard anything about a continuation for over a year.
>>
>>68041230
This show went downhill hard and fast. Season 1 and 2 were the only legitimately great seasons, and 2 fizzled out with that awful finale, but at least the first 11 episodes were fantastic.

Doesn't help that the show lost Michael Cuesta after season 1, and it couldn't more clearly show because he clearly played a big role in the style, season 2 while still being great, looks pretty soapy at times, it is a huge downgrade in cinematic quality.

Season 3 had alright writing but felt directionless for a lot of the time and nothing hugely interesting ever really happened. Season 4 dumbed down the writing another notch but managed to be entertaining throughout and is probably better than season 3 as a result, even if the characterization and monologues from Dex took a step down from season 3.

Season 5 was awful, season 6 was unimaginably horrible, 7 was bad and 8 was horrific.
>>
>putting your shows in a stream
>>
>>68040709
THATS RIGHT JAY
>>
>>68041875

I think 4 is legitimately great too, though the dialogue and monologuing is noticeably worse (it was when "Ghost Harry" started to become their crutch for exposition), it hadn't degraded enough to impact the sheer presence of John Lithgow, and relationship between Dexter and Trinity is probably the most legitimately entertaining thing that ever happens in the show.

Season 3 still felt to the same quality writing-wise as 1 and 2, but liek you said it was kind of a filler Season without any purpose. It (and every subsequent season) definitely suffered from the lack of Doakes as a secondary antagonist, although I do really like Jimmy Smitts' performance and I still get goosebumps at both "I WILL FUCK YOU BACK" and "I killed my brother... and I killed yours, too". It was actually a pretty clever season though, it subverted the whole "big bad" formula by making the Skinner Deb's problem rather than Dexter's for 99% until it seamlessly weaved both plotlines together at the end.

5 isn't quite as bad as people make it out to be, Stiles is a terrible actress and the romance between Dexter and Lumen is forced (she's currently hunting the savages who raped her for weeks and still manages to get the hots for Dexter? Please) but the story is pretty interesting, it just never really capitalises on the fantastic Season 4 finale, brushing all of it aside and going off on a brand new tangent, and that was its biggest failing.

6 and 8 were beyond salvagable garbage, 7 at least had Isaac for a while and he was a really excellent semi-antagonist, so that's something I guess.
>>
>>68041741
>Dexter and Deb are divorced irl

whaaaaaaaat
>>
>>68042076
>"I killed my brother... and I killed yours, too".

That brings back memories, the Jimmy Smitts kill scene was actually fantastic and really memorable.

I do think 5 is as bad, it certainly isn't as bad as 6 and 8, but it's pretty horrible. I mean there was a huge steep down in quality, given that the showrunner left after season 4. I can't find anything redeemable about that season, I disliked all of it. I remember when the premiere aired and it had those awful flashbacks and the dialogue was making me groan in pain from how bad it had gotten.

6 and 8 though, yeah. Talk about truly embarrassing writing and utter incompetence on behalf of everyone involved. They really are some of the worst seasons in television I've ever seen.
>>
>>68041682
>Hannah was fucking garbage.
>She was a retarded replacement for Lumen, who wasn't very good to start with, but who was probably supposed to stick around after Season 5 until Michale C Hall and Julia Stiles started fucking during filming, which pissed off his then-wife Jennifer Carpenter who probably demanded Stiles get booted. Hence Lumen's last-minute "I have to go now, my planet needs me" exit.

THIS
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.