[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>STOP SAYING WE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR SHITTY MOVIE >WHY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: itwasjustadreambrp.webm (2 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
itwasjustadreambrp.webm
2 MB, 720x400
>STOP SAYING WE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR SHITTY MOVIE
>WHY IS THE FLASH GOING INTO DREAMS?!?!?
I will never stopped being amazed at these people
>>
He went so fast he entered the dreamscape, faggot.
>>
>>67933770

And then there's these guys.
>>
>>67933757
It doesn't matter, stylistically the scene is meant to invoke the feeling you get when you've just woken up from a dream, and still question if it was real or not.

Funny how a complaint is that it's not made clear if it was a dream, vision , Flash shenanigan, etc., when the point is exactly that, leave it ambiguous.
>A guy came in and gave Bruce a warning about Supes' future
>Maybe it was all just a dream caused by Bruce's fear of Clark.
>But maybe it wasn't.
Anyone without DC knowledge can get that. Of course, the people with knowledge of the comics know a little bit more, but it's not obligatory for people to know this to understand the rest of the film.
>>
>>67933961
>it's not obligatory for people to know this to understand the rest of the film
fair, but when you have critics saying it was Robin coming to him in a dream, then following up with how they much they like the comics, it's a little annoying, plus it needs to be ambiguous so it doesn't derail the who plot
>>
>>67933757
Speed Force ya dink.
>>
>>67933757
It wasn't a dream you fucking mung
>>
>>67934070
No shit. did you read OP and watch the webm?
>>
>>67933757
it wasn't a dream, it was a, kek, Knightmare
>>
>>67934092
I didn't watch the webm. But OP is clearly saying that he thought it was a dream
>>
Is that webm how it actually happens in the movie? I don't remember seeing that piece of paper flying at the end when he woke up, because that's pretty obvious proof that definitely wasn't a dream.
>>
>>67933961
My friend thought it was Cyborg
>>
>>67934198

It was there in the movie, I get people missed that, but then when people say they don't get the Granny's Peach Tea jar at the senate meeting I'm like what the fuck? Holly Hunter's good ol' girl accent isn't THAT bad.
>>
>>67933757

Holy shit this scene looks even worse than i thought it would.
>>
>>67934198
Yes, how could you miss that?
>>
>>67934198

No, this webm has been meticulously edited to trick a handful of anonymous people on the internet
>>
>>67934287
Hey man, people have done crazier shit for less
>>
>>67933757
>IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS SCENE THAT CAN BE EASILY CUT FROM THE MOVIE YOU CAN'T JUDGE THE MOVIE
>>
>>67933757
>edit something to look like a dream
>'omg why are people thinking it was a dream?!?!'
>>
>>67933757

>>STOP SAYING WE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR SHITTY MOVIE

>WE
>>
>>67933961
It's prometheus all over again. The people who said it sucked basically wanted to get spoonfed
>>
>>67934113
That's literally the opposite of what he's saying m8.
>>
The movie was hot garbage. It amazes me that such a high budget film could be such a confounding mess.
>>
>>67934532
It was good but your statement is idiotic.

>It amazes me that such a high budget film could be such a confounding mess.

There are dozens upon dozens of awful big budget films. Were you under the impression that the larger the budget the more prestige the film or something?
>>
>>67934411
Oh fuck right off.
>>
>>67934351
>I DONT HAVE AN ARGUMENT SO IM GOING TO SAY SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY GRAPES ARE SOMETIMES GREEN
>>
>>67934411
in this case, spoonfed with the deepest shits delusional dccuks could pull out of their asses to justify every flaw.
>>
Watching Guardians

Who are these characters? too many introduced! can't follow

His mother is dying...HERE SON HAVE DADROCK LMAO

a raccoon knows who jackson pollock is

TOO MANY CHARACTERS WHATS GOING ON

What exactly is the bad guys plan? I couldn't follow

Who is this giant purple guy floating in space??

One point they are in space jail? Then a space flea market in a giant head?? IT JUMPS AROUND TOO MUCH

DANCE OFF!??!! WTF

music is terrible

sometimes someone is talking and the scene cuts to another person?? NICE EDITING WHATS GOING ON!!!!

Was his dead mom a dream? A DREAM?!?! OR A GHOST WHAT THE HELL

who is that talking duck??? I DONT GET IT

They were kind of scum bags but then became heroes?!WHY NICE MOTIVATION

Repeats the same "aliens don't get human jokes" joke

DUDE A DANCING TREE LMAO

Nice quips

why would the cassette still work if he listened to it all those times over the years?? IT SHOULD BE WORN OUT!!!!!

Why is stan lee in space?? WAY TO DROP THE BALL AND NOT EXPLAIN THAT
>>
>>67935703
Now that's what I call autism
>>
>>67935703
that movie was a mess. they had a character who only said their name and expected you to follow what they were saying.Why is there 80s music in space??? why is none of that explained either?
>>
>>67935703
You should legit save this and post it in every thread. It's accurate and funny. Not memeing.
>>
>>67935874
I was memeing
I liked Guardians and BvS. I was just making a sly joke about all the problems people have with BvS could be applied to any marvel film (well not Iron Man 1 because he really was the only hero in that)
>>
>>67936048
already done
>>
>>67934029
>plus it needs to be ambiguous so it doesn't derail the who plot
This is important, and even answers all the silly complaints of "Why didn't Batman tell anyone he had surreal dream/vision that would make him sound crazy if he told someone he thought it was real?"
>>
>>67934198
The paper couldve been lifted into the air with how abruptly he woke up. Doesnt necessarily suggest the dream was real but that the real dream was that the movie itself was a dream know what I mean?
>>
>>67935703
> he took the movie a little serious
>>
>>67936134
I got it, m8. I understood your satirical intent, however there really are people that exist that think like that, and they most likely have autism
>>
>>67936134
>I liked Guardians and BvS

same

GotG was one of the best Marvel flicks for the same reason. World building. Or a vast world which we're given a glimpse of. Not some thin, humdrum Marvel template.
>>
>months of hate on /tv/
>"hurr durr fuck off capeshit"
>film is released
>film is panned by everyone including casuals
>"actually the film is quite good"

Never change /tv/.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxo0pSNYMXE
>>
>>67936544
Dubs or not it is a good film
>>
>>67936544
>>film is panned by everyone including casuals

Oh shit, really, I guess I should hate it then huh
>>
>>67933757
For fucks sake, Bruce is wearing white to symbolise purity. He's asleep - just like humanity - and is awoken by a message to not trust Superman. Humanity shouldn't trust Superman and needs to wake up! Jesus it's like these Marvel cucks are just really dumb and can't see the symbolism in this film.
>>
>>67936467
Mostly anyone who nitpicks films (especially cape films) are going to be autistic. I just quickly went through common complaints of BvS and applied it to another movie.
>>
File: 1448246769082.jpg (25 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1448246769082.jpg
25 KB, 240x320
>>67936544
waste of dubs
>>
how are people even supposed to know its flash

i had no idea until i saw some nerd post it i thought it was a dream about robin or some shit
>>
>>67936751
(you)
>>
>>67937009

This film was made for the REAL fans. The fans that KNOW Flash can travel through time. The fans that KNOW Darkseid is coming. The fans that KNOW Batman & Superman have to work together to defeat him and Flash came to tell that to Bruce.

It's not like Marvel who spoonfeeds every tiny little piece of information to their audience just so they can GET it.
>>
>>67937009
>i thought it was Robin
RLM pls go, you have a Space Cops sequel to make
>>
there is nothing aristocrat in that bruce wayne. looks like some buff faggot in his pimp suit.
>>
this should have been an after credits scene t b h
>>
>>67937140

i didn't even know it was flash let alone he could travel into dreams

>>67937316

i thought he was having a flashback to robin or something
>>
File: 1417379402899.jpg (31 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1417379402899.jpg
31 KB, 320x240
>>67933757
>yfw
>flash time travels
>...into a dream
>>
File: 1459095672748.jpg (42 KB, 295x265) Image search: [Google]
1459095672748.jpg
42 KB, 295x265
>>67933757
>travel into dreams

So Flash is like Freddy Kruger?
>>
>>67937140
REAL fans know Superman isnt that weak.
>>
>>67937140
>Made for real fans
>Completely fucks up the characters intentionally for "fans"

Can someone explain this? I've seen BvS being defended because it said "fuck you" to fans and broke expectations, then there are defenses like this where apparently it WAS made for fans.
So which is it? Does it break convention or pay homage to it?
>>
>>67938137

Just relax and enjoy both sides.
>>
File: 1459831357376.jpg (40 KB, 188x252) Image search: [Google]
1459831357376.jpg
40 KB, 188x252
>>67935703
>I don't understand context

GOTG is a space fantasy, so disbelief is already suspended like 500%. You don't need to focus on the details of the universe, you just focus on the character development, character interaction, and the story. It has a talking raccoon for fuck sake. It's like Star Wars.

BvS is supposedly more realistic, so disbelief is not suspended. In fact, the tone of the movie wants you to not suspend disbelief. So when a guy randomly time travels into a dream, it doesn't make any sense in BvS. If a alien time-traveled into a dream in GOTG, you'd just say "guess that is what those weird aliens do".

See the difference?
>>
BvS sucks a bag of dicks
>>
>>67936134
except that's not true????

BvS main problem is the shitty editing in the fist hour or so. I don't recall Marvel movies having that issue,
>>
>>67934411
And just like Prometheus, if it hadn't been set in an established universe it would have been a near perfect movie. People who hated Prometheus hated the inconsistencies with the universe. Just like I disliked the shoehorning in of all the DC extended universe references. Other than the laptop scene with Wonder Woman, and the forced Doomsday fight, I thought the movie was very good.
>>
>>67938337
>turn off your brain: the post
>>
>>67937970
>Flashy Kruger
>>
>>67938337
>BvS is supposedly more realistic

Oh really? How convenient.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.