[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that if you thought this was bad then you need to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: 2988068-bvs-poster.jpg (141 KB, 600x858) Image search: [Google]
2988068-bvs-poster.jpg
141 KB, 600x858
Reminder that if you thought this was bad then you need to get the fuck off this board and back to /v/
>>
>>67925518

Noone dislikes it.

Once it comes out on DVD/BR it will be popular as fuck. Its just the typical contrarian "purists" who spout virgin jargon to appear smart and contrarian.

BvS was the best capeshit since Watchmen. Finally no more Marvel kids movies.

>t-too d-dark
>>
File: 1459917327014[1].jpg (137 KB, 1052x789) Image search: [Google]
1459917327014[1].jpg
137 KB, 1052x789
>>67925518
Couldn't have said it better.
>that scene inside Wayne Manor was pure cinema bliss.

>You know you can't win this. It's suicide.
>I'm older now than my father ever was. This may be the only thing I do that matters.
>Twenty years of fighting criminals amounts to nothing?
>Criminals are like weeds, Alfred. Pull one out, another grows in its place. This is about the future of the world, my legacy. You know, my father sat me down right here, and told me what Wayne Manor was built on.
>Railroads, real estates, and oil.
>First generation made their fortune trading with the French: pelts, skins. They were hunters.
>>
>>67925573
Also it was edited like shit and ham fisted 9000 cameos into the first movie
>>
File: l.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
l.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>67925637
The editing meme
>>
>>67925637

Thanks for proving my point about virgin jargon.
>>
File: DCMasterRace.jpg (252 KB, 1200x840) Image search: [Google]
DCMasterRace.jpg
252 KB, 1200x840
It was actually really great

I liked the more serious tone
>>
>>67925573
I dig the fact that you acknowledged they're only "purists." Regardless of whether we're talking about /co/ or /tv/, anyone who watched this film and thought it wasn't faithful to the lore or was somehow hard to follow is either just being contrarian or is woefully overestimating their own intelligence.
>>
>>67925573
>Noone dislikes it.

kek
>>
>>67925637
Those ham-fisted cameos were yet another clue to what Lex was really planning.

Snyder was right. This film was too smart for a lot of people. It was certainly too smart for the critics. In that same vein, I have zero problem believing that only about 30% of "professional critics" had the necessary mental acuity to understand what Snyder et. al, gave them.
>>
>>67925677
>>67925668
You faggots actually believe it worked as a PG 13 cut?? fuck offto pleddit where you belong Snyder's shit only works as R rated flicks
>>
File: 1451477884453.png (4 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
1451477884453.png
4 KB, 242x208
>>67925637
>it's another i used to play video games but then i watched a guy called Chris Stuckmann talk about movies and am now a film connoisseur episode
>>
>>67925823
I know the director's cut will be even better, but enough survived intact to be the best cape movie we've had since "Watchmen" and, for different reasons, "Unbreakable."
>>
>>67925587
The dialogue with batman was always great. Superman dialogue in comparison was dog shit
>>
>>67925518
I liked it.
>>
>>67925823

I worked for me m8. Thats what matters.

But plebbit hates BvS and loves Marvel.
>>
>mfw directors cut will be a masterpiece
>>
>>67925518
>muh inadequacy
>muh good intentions
>muh bat shit crazy intentions
>muh "what the fuck am I even doing in this movie"
>muh ham fisted cameos
>muh MOM

Great for a capeshit movie though.
>>
JAR OF PISS LMAO
>>
>>67925873
>mfw I will someday enjoy its unadulterated glory
>>
File: CHIEF.jpg (11 KB, 302x227) Image search: [Google]
CHIEF.jpg
11 KB, 302x227
>>67925518

You guys realize that Diana's photograph actually opens the door to the ever-so-slight possibility that we might one day see an Apache Chief movie?

If handled right, he could be the light installment of the of the DCEU. Think about it - just retool his character to be ageless like Wonder Woman and self-aware and slightly irreverent. We could totally get a scene like this:

>G.I. #1: Holy shit! That's one big redskin.
>G.I. #2: Shut up with that redskin talk. You know he hates that,
>G.I. Egghead: Doubtful, the tympanic membranes of a being that size are under far too much tension to detect-
>Chief: I can hear you.
>G.I. Egghead: What? How is that even possible?
>Chief: It's magic, asshole. I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
The movie was bad. I'm convinced shit like the OP is just ironic shitposting.
>>
>>67925518
>>67925803
Can someone explain to me what is so deep and intellectual about this capeshit movie? Haven't seen it and don't plan to, just curious.
>>
>>67925518
>DCucks
>Not the most delusional, assblasted, raging menchildren on /tv/ right now
>Somehow BvS flopping is not Snyder's fault for making terrible movie, but the fault of audience, critics, Marvel, weather and Easter

Pathetic
>>
>>67926201
wow dude you should be a screenwriter
>>
>>67926378
From what I gather, masterful use of symbolism in both the characterisation and the themes. A very large amount of themes are used throughout the movie and come together in the end just like the heroes come together.
Also, well timed music and a continuation of the overall concepts set up in Man of Steel (from birth in MoS to growing up in BvS)
>>
>>67926378
There is nothing deep and intellectual about it. Fans of the movie will tell you that it's deep and intellectual because it's bloated with allusions and symbolism. Despite the fact that the movie doesn't really gain anything with 75% of them and is appallingly blunt and obvious with just about all of them.

After an entire movie of seeing Superman wrestle with guilt over collateral deaths and unintended consequences from his heroics, you get treated to a scene of Doomsday literally beating Superman over the head with the monument with all the names of those people that died in Metropolis in MoS. Deep, huh?

And then all the religious parallels? Whew, buddy, all that Jesus iconography will really get your motor running.
>>
>>67925518
Or you'll do what?
>>
>>67926349
I'm not OP, so I can't speak for him, but I thoroughly enjoyed this movie while I was in the theatre, and am enjoying it more and more as I continue to reflect on it. It's a film where what you're not seeing is every bit as important as what you are, sometimes more so.

People who think it was poorly edited are akin to someone who would look at a partially assembled jigsaw puzzle and say it was poorly assembled. All the pieces are there. It's left up to us to put them all together, and I fully believe that was intentional. It's got mysteries to be picked at both internally and externally, both past and future.

DC is not spoon-feeding it all to us. They're giving us a more cerebral adventure and if you're not willing to do some of the legwork, it's not, nor never will be for you. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, mind you, but true fans of these characters are delightedly picking away at its unexpected depth and praising it for its respect for the source material.
>>
File: 1458847438261.jpg (48 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1458847438261.jpg
48 KB, 480x320
>>67926450
>masterful use of symbolism
>>
>Implying the target of BvS is not the average /v/ user
>>
>>67926480
I am parroting what those threads seem to be about, is all.

>>67926513
That would mean the movie is targeted towards bottom feeders, you know.
>>
>they'll never be ballsy enough to let Grant Morrison write anything psychedelic for a mainstream DC movie
>>
>>67926378
>>67926378
>>67926450

And for a change, the villain actually has a plot so smart that. had it been successful, he'd have not only come out of it scot-free, but hailed as something very close to a heroic, visionary genius and saint.

Think Syndrome from "The Incredibles," only actually smart.
>>
>>67926476
Exactly, the more I discuss it the more I discover its impressive attention to detail and cleverness.
>>
>>67926480
If you're talking about the Christ imagery, you're misunderstanding why it was even there.
>>
>>67926450
>just like the heroes come together.
"Martha? Why'd you say that name?!!!!"

Fucking stupidest reason to do a complete 360.

"Our mothers have the same name? B-b-but, my mommy died when I was a kid. Y-y-your mommy is in trooble? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. We're friends now, r-r-right?"
>>
>>67925518
>>67926378

The film constantly makes rambling and incoherent references to theology, comparative mythology and geopolitics. It's a very poorly written movie made by someone who had an actual education but cannot express what he knows in a coherent or clever manner.

Idiots mistake convoluted nonsense for actual substance. BvS makes the MGS games look coherent by comparison.
>>
>>67926571
Might you enlighten me about the plot please?
>>
>>67926621

>>>/v/
>>
>>67926476
>All the pieces are there. It's left up to us to put them all together, and I fully believe that was intentional.

Please stop.

The movie IS a partially assembled jigsaw puzzle. Why do you think you're getting an extra 30 minutes in a director's cut that was hyped and touted before the movie even released? And there is literally nothing lost if the movie's scenes were actually arranged or curated in ways that it flowed better and wasn't an ADHD mess for the first hour and a half. Making your movie not a horribly paced, jumbled mess is not "spoonfeeding."

>Scene of kryptonite being found in the Indian Ocean
>Two scenes later a scene where Lex explains kryptonite and says they found a chunk in the Indian Ocean

MYSTERIES TO BE PICKED AT.

This is why no one takes BvS fans serious. You didn't name a single positive thing like scene composition, acting performance, or score. You don't even really talk about how much you engaged with core themes or how much characters in the movie resonated with you. You talk about how deep and "cerebral" the movie is. Because there are things in the movie that you can "find" or "discover" that you think the layman won't, you can elevate yourself above the unwashed masses you so desperately need to feel superior to.
>>
>>67926598

Everybody already watched that retarded short about MoS. Now go kill yourself.
>>
>>67926524
>they'll never be ballsy enough to let Grant Morrison write anything psychedelic for a mainstream DC movie

That would get worse reception than Fantastic Four and Batman v Superman combined though.
>>
>>67926571
?

At what point would he be hailed as something close to a heroic, visionary genius and saint? After Doomsday kills Superman and Batman? After Doomsday continues to fuck up the Earth? At what point does mankind stop and consider that Lex Luther really did them a solid by unleashing the end of days?

Fucking DC fanboys, you might even be worse than Marvel fags. At least they don't spend so much time lying to themselves, though they may be mentally deficient.
>>
>>67925518
I was preparing myself to hate on the movie, but after watching it I think it was ok. Not the best movie but by far not the worst. Would say 7.5-8 (dont have much DC Comic Knowledge).

The best part was Afflecks Batman, he was pretty impressive and actually intimidating when wearing the Suit.

But I still dont understand 2 things: Why are people upset about dead Terrorists, and why do they believe Superman killed them with bullets?

Why did Superman take the Spear to attack Doomsday, why didnt Wonderwoman (which should be very experienced fighting with weapons) take it?
>>
>>67926618
See, I hate BvS, but the scene isn't just about their mothers being named Martha. It only seems that way because of how fucking contrived the situation is. Superman calling his mother, for the first time in two movies, by her first name wouldn't happen.

The real gist of the situation is that it's a callback to Batman's recollection of his parents' death. His father whispered "Martha" with his dying breath. Batman sees himself as that criminal with a gun. He realizes that he's become what he hates. He's let his insecurities and fears drive him to dark places.

And people will also tell you that he comes to see Clark as a person and not just an alien, but the basis of the scene is definitely remembering his parent's death. As subtle Snyder will point out by flashing the scene, which we already saw earlier in the movie, across the screen two or three times. The problem is that the scene could have been done infinitely better if Snyder wasn't a hack insistent on making a piece of dumb comic book trivia the crux of the emotional turning point in the movie.
>>
>>67926640
Wow, two whole scenes? How would one ever hope to keep up?
>>
>>67926618
>train for a decade to be crimefighter
>be crimefighter for twenty years
>all be cause parents got murdered in front you
>father's last word is "Martha"
>about to kill this alien god, says the same name
Lois' explanation is what made him 360, but being thrown off by the name isn't ridiculous given the context.
>>
File: 1444715776815.jpg (110 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
1444715776815.jpg
110 KB, 500x393
>>67926476
>it was poorly edited on purpose
>>
File: Pete.jpg (11 KB, 325x400) Image search: [Google]
Pete.jpg
11 KB, 325x400
>>67926523
>>67926598

Don't need to get so defensive. Just admit that heavyhanded in-your-face "symbolism" (actually it's a poor quality iconography) is both of poor taste and as shallow as it can get, not to mention that it does not belong in capeshit.

Point is, BvS is cashgrab capeshit with cashgrab name that pretends to be more than it is and the result is ridiculous. At least Marvel is honest about being what it is. Anyone who thinks that BvS is deep should watch more quality films and understand the difference between real symbolism and faux one.
>>
>>67926696
>Why did Superman take the Spear to attack Doomsday, why didnt Wonderwoman (which should be very experienced fighting with weapons) take it?
During the frantic battle they didn't have time to coordinate save a few words at the start. Besides, Diana was too busy lassoing Doomsday, which allowed for Batman to shoot the Kryptonite grenade accurately, which allowed for Clark to get close enough to aim for the heart.
>>
>>67926709
>He realizes that he's become what he hates

How is destroying a monster that could destroy comparable to killing a couple on the street?
>>
>>67926618
You are wrong on this. Batman saw Superman as an Alien. Something not of this world which only brings destruction.

When Superman shouted his mothers name Batman saw that Superman was more Human than he thought. He had family he cared about, thats why stopped.
>>
>>67926741
You're just saying shit, demonstrating nothing. Shitposting masquerading as valid criticism. Try better.
>>
>>67926771
>When Superman shouted his mothers name Batman saw that Superman was more Human than he thought

Batman knew that Superman was Clark Kent, he should have known he had a mother and a girlfriend.
>>
>>67926758
Doomsday was stunned pretty long with the Kryptonite Shot, I think there was enough time to let Wonderwoman handle him I think.

But I cant disagree with your view.
>>
>>67926741
I was not actually getting defensive, I was fishing for reactions.
>>
>>67926696

>Why are people upset about dead Terrorists, and why do they believe Superman killed them with bullets?

Wrong, they blamed him for dead civilians, due to his "landing".

>Why did Superman take the Spear to attack Doomsday, why didnt Wonderwoman (which should be very experienced fighting with weapons) take it?

Because she was busy using her lasso to hold him down, so that Batman could shoot his last remaining grenade?

There was no choice. Not to mention Diana didnt know about the fucking spear.
>>
>>67926640
Ok, maybe this will assuage you, though I highly doubt it. The screenwriting and cinematography are both masterful. Snyder manages to convey the inner turmoil that is Clark's true struggle over and over throughout the film with simply a powerful image. All the window-dressing of the visible action pales in comparison to the challenge the protagonist is actually facing: being offered godhood and having the courage and moral character to turn away from it.

The score, while I wouldn't call it Zimmer's best work is nonetheless fittingly inspiring, appropriate, and inspired.

But yeah, two whole scenes between the green rock reveal and the use of the word Kryptonite. How could viewers newly hatched from the creche possibly hope to keep up?
>>
File: 1441071201204.png (519 KB, 622x500) Image search: [Google]
1441071201204.png
519 KB, 622x500
>>67926571
>the villain actually has a plot so smart

>tries to frame Superman by having mercenaries shoot people with guns

>tries to frame Superman by having a wheelchair blow up
>the news broadcasts that it wasn't Superman and who it was that did it later that day, completely exonerating Superman

>spends two years trying to stoke Batman's hate with a convoluted plot involving the guy with no legs
>Bruce doesn't even see the letters with the YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIE shit on them until the day of the court hearing because his secretary hadn't shown him
>Bruce only sees it because of a complete contrivance where he sees a put-together man in a suit in a fancy wheelchair with an axe to grind, a similar axe to Bruce, about to give Superman a piece of his mind and thinks "IS THAT GUY GETTING THE CHECKS I SENT?"

>Lex doesn't even approach Batman for a partnership to takedown Superman even though they have the exact same motivations
>Lex actively hinders Batman's acquisition of the Kryptonite and Batman has to steal it from him later

>Lex, for all his rantings and ravings about fears concerning invincible space aliens, does something completely irrational because he's a petty fuck by making Doomsday
>Only after somehow assuming direct control of a Kryptonian space ship that recognizes him as a human intruder, recognizing him by name as Alexander Luthor, and chancing on a recipe for a world-ending monster while learning in the Kryptonian archives
>in the same ship that tried to kill Lois just for wandering onto it in MoS
>>
>>67925859
No it wasn't.
>>
>>67926709
It's not subtle at all. His dad, who is played by a better actor than Assflick by the way, doesn't even get any fucking dialogue beyond "Martha" as he dies. But I guess the mere utterance of the name is enough to send the emotional wreck that is Batman down a spiraling pit of memories and emotions, culminating in his complete forgiveness for Superman. He literally spends the whole movie building up his hate and anger, only to let it all go because Superman's foster mother shares the same name as his mother. It's just weak writing, simple as that. They could have utilized WW to become more emotionally attached to Bruce Wayne, giving him a connection to a super powered being, and she could have showed up instead of Louis Lane, who's only point in being there was to confirm that Martha is truly Clark's mommy. "He's a gud boy, he dindu nuffin."
>>
>>67926711
It was just an example in the first twenty minutes of the movie. It's not that it's confusing, it's that it's unnecessary. It's a two and half hour movie that still feels bloated and bursting with garbage because it wants to shoot for MYTHIC status by jumping all over the place with absolutely no consideration given to pacing.
>>
>>67926858
>It's not subtle at all.

I know. It was sarcasm.
>>
>>67926836
The ship thing actually bothered me very much.

First of all, why wouldnt Superman destroy it? Or move it somewhere where people cant find it?

Also I really dont think something advanced as this ship gets fooled by just some fingerprints, that was stupid.
>>
File: DON.png (265 KB, 675x418) Image search: [Google]
DON.png
265 KB, 675x418
>>67926795
Really impressive comeback, I'm shocked. Of course, cringe is also an impression.

Hope you will continue watching more marvelous DC movies about men in tights fighting CGI goblins and will tell us more about deep symbolism you'll find!
>>
>>67926830
>inspiring, appropriate, and inspired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU
Just by listening I can see it all back, man.
>>
No one has an actual opinion of this movie.

This movie was made with the intention of not being like Marvel movies. It was developed with the intention of being grounded in realism and played completely serious, not bright skies and quips. Because it is vastly different, the critics turned against it in overwhelming numbers calling it dumb and stupid. And now you have people defending it just to go against the majority of the critics, calling them dumb and stupid for not understanding the brilliant masterpiece Snyder crafted. And of course, you have another contrarian faggots who claim the second group are just being contrarian.

This movie is garbage. A majority of Cape movies are, but this one ranks up there with garbage. It takes itself gar too seriously and plays it off in a pretentious manner. Zack thinks he's being clever with some of his shots and symbols, but none if it is subtle. It's all poorly executed and used to mask a weak script.

"Martha" is a perfect example of that.
>>
>>67925587
>Eisenberg's delivery

>Boy, do we have problems up here, mmh! Aah the...mmh, the problem of...of evil in the world. Aaamh, the problem of absolute virtue.

>I'll take you in without breaking you, which is more than you deserve.

>The problem about you above everything else. You above all. Ahh, 'cause that's what God is: Horus, Apollo, Jehova, Kal-El, Clark...Joseph...Kent. See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark-Jo. 'Cause God is tribal, God takes sides. No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fists and abominations. Mmm, I figured out way back. If God is all-powerful, he cannot be all-good. And if he's all-good, then he cannot be all-powerful, and neither can you be. They need to see the fraud you are...with their eyes: the blood on your hands.

K I N O
I
N
O
>>
>>67926673
Because his actual plan was to have Clark murder Bruce, frame him for the deaths of Lois and Martha(hence the flamethrower), and assemble the Justice League himself to either deal with one "alien threat," embodied in Clark, or Doomsday, whichever should survive.

In one fell swoop, he'd have eliminated all witnesses, become the man who proved the "metahuman hypothesis," and become the founder and benefactor of the League. That's why their file folders had logo-esque icons, he was already looking ahead to the time when he would "brand" them.
>>
>>67926713
Being thrown off is one thing, but going from wanting to kill Superman, to going out of your way to risk your life to save his mom is a whole other thing. It'd be fine if he was phased, but to not carry through with his initial plan, or maybe even fade into the background knowing he fucked up, is just stupid capeshit writing. What the fuck did he expect when he trusted Lex Luthor?
>>
>>67926917
You sound pretentious as hell.
>>
>>67926926
>to going out of your way to risk your life to save his mom is a whole other thing
The guy's been saving moms for two decades. He's Batman, he won't let a woman burn to death just because he doesn't like her adoptive son.
>>
>>67926761
Batman is a monster that easily destroys a lot of people. Clark isn't even really a monster, Batman has just convinced himself that Clark is because inadequacies and shit he's feeling after Clark's emergence in the world. Alfred has a completely on-the-nose monologue about it with the trailer line about good men turning cruel. That criminal robbing his parents probably didn't want to just go out and shoot people that night. He was pushed into a corner by whatever circumstances and personal weaknesses made him poor and desperate.

There were much better ways to do that scene though.
>>
>>67926926
He finally sees himself as the monster he's become, the callback to the opening scene is a way to portray how Bruce realizes that now he's on the other side of the gun that killed his parents.
>>
>>67926913
Still not backing up your criticism. At least you post pretty pictures, there's always that.
>>
File: 1459714202368.jpg (276 KB, 1656x1009) Image search: [Google]
1459714202368.jpg
276 KB, 1656x1009
>>67926830
>screenwriting and cinematography are both masterful
>>
>>67926917
>No one has an actual opinion of this movie
>Except me
>>
>>67926926
All "Martha" did was rattle him long enough for Lois to show up to shield Clark.It's only at that moment that he begins to lend any credence at all to his "vision" with the Flash.

Lois is the key.
>>
>>67927027
they are
>>
>>67926892
Really!?
>>
>>67927027
What's the flood scene meant to convey? Why is he just hanging there instead of rescuing them?

The answer is actually all right there in the images we're seeing or just have seen before the perspective shifts. Clark is looking at people who drew what to them is a magic symbol and are now waiting on the "man in the sky" to save them - the exact opposite of what he's trying to be,

During that same montage, pundits and celebrities are shown pontificating on the paradigm shift and what humanity's new place is in it, none of them stopping to consider how much more important it is that Clark find his proper place as well.

But yeah, nothing more going on here than in the run-of-the-mill cape movie, right?
>>
>>67927029
WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS
WHY DIDNT BATMAN PAY MORE ATTENTION TO HER
THE FUCKING DREAM TOLD HIM TO
>>
>>67926917
To be fair, I can't really say that anything Marvel has put out is better than BvS. It's all forgettable capeshit in the end. Watchemen (arguably not in the same genre as capeshit) is the only "superhero" movie that has some substance too it.
>>
File: Roger-Sterling.jpg (712 KB, 952x1313) Image search: [Google]
Roger-Sterling.jpg
712 KB, 952x1313
>>67927007
You really don't get why heavy-handed Messianic imagery of Superman is of poor taste? Are you that plebbish?

Of course you are
>>
>>67926953

Then you should love my post, since you love this piece of shit movie

>>67927028

Yeah, what are you going to do about it, Snyder?
>>
>>67927128
You saying it's heavy-handed does not make it so. Demonstrate that it is heavy-handed first, then explain why it's in poor taste. You're supposed to learn this in highschool, man.
>>
>>67927029
OMG pls don't bring up the flippin Flash. Unnecessary cameos are the worst. WW not withstanding.
>>
>>67926830
>The screenwriting and cinematography are both masterful. Snyder manages to convey the inner turmoil that is Clark's true struggle over and over throughout the film with simply a powerful image.

These are the enlightened film analysts that say BvS is a good movie.

While everyone picks on the editing for making the front 2/3 of the movie miserable, the screenwriting is hardly any good. The story fails to ground any of its themes in its characters. It doesn't let its characters really interact with each other until the big, stupid action scene that takes up the last third of the movie. It substitutes metaphors for characters. The dialogue is all puffed up, stilted, pretentious crap that only works in trailers and completely fails in actual, sustained scenes. You have complete pace killers and digressions like the Knightmare dream sequence and Wonder Woman watching upcoming DC movie teasers. You've got redundant and unnecessary scenes like the aforementioned Indian Ocean kyrptonite scene, Perry's WHERE DOES CLARK GO cut in between two completely unrelated scenes, and everything about Lois' stupid DC conspiracy hunt where she puts together an inconsequential plot in the span of three disconnected scenes sprinkled throughout.

I do like Snyder as a visual director. He knows how to make a shot visually interesting when he isn't smothering it with subdued filters or jerking off to slow motion, but goddamn is he bad at just about everything else. There are parts of the movie I do like, the first ten minutes or so are pretty good, with the dream origin story and Bruce in Metropolis. I also like the scene where Superman walks into the court hearing. That scene, the court one before it blows up, actually conveys so much with so little by having characters actually interact with each other in ways that aren't just stiff fortune cookie zingers and ends up so good that I have trouble believing Zach Snyder had anything to do with it.
>>
>>67926960
So he's basically no different from anyother capeshit hero with a moral compass that only points to SJW? I thought Batman was suppose to be "dark".
>>
>>67926917
>It was developed with the intention of being grounded in realism

That's why it takes a genius to see that Clark Kent is the same person as Superman. And yet Bruce Wayne doesn't realize this.
>>
>>67927199
>with a moral compass that only points to SJW?
Saving an innocent woman from burning to death is bein an SJW now? Go take stroll, looks like you need some air.
>>
>>67926990
"Wew, sure glad I said Martha. I was going to say 'save my mom', but you probably would have speared me still, wouldn't you."

"Still feel like spearing you tbqh"
>>
>>67927138
I actually hate BvS.

You talking about how no one has an actual opinion on the movie before going on to spout your opinion, implying that your opinion is the only that's valid, is embarrassing.
>>
>>67927192
Holy fuck, I remember you from a thread last night, you are insufferable. Some people don't share your opinion, deal with it.

>>67926918
Little red notes, big bang, YOU LET YOUR FAMIY DIE!
>>
>>67927110
It's like some form of cinematic sleight of hand, in my opinion. We're shown the Wayne murders to distract us from something incredibly important that happens in the next instant.

Lois showing up. Snyder refrained from giving us the stereotypical, hackneyed flashback that typically accompanies a huge epiphany on the part of a character. Lois is an easy association to make with Superman. The Flash used her name. He didn't use Superman's. Bruce, only half-lending any credence at all to his dream/visit understands that if the Flash chooses to name Lois, why does he use an ambiguous pronoun to refer to Clark, or is he not referring to him at all?

In other words, if the solution's as simple as "kill Superman," why didn't he just say that?
>>
>>67926916

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzwcJjE_61XE&start1=7&video2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRdc6QjBNOOU&start2=0&authorName=Ayarkhaan+Enemy
>>
> It was developed with the intention of being grounded in realism

its about cartoon characters dressing up in spandex and fighting each other
>>
>>67927264
>Some people don't share your opinion, deal with it

People don't share your opinion, yet you keep stating it. I'll stop when you do.
>>
>>67927128
Explain what it's there to convey, or shut the fuck up.

When you're wrong, we'll take great pleasure in mocking you for the dullard you don't yet realize you are.
>>
File: clark-church.png (575 KB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
clark-church.png
575 KB, 1280x540
>>67927173
Do you really think that this is subtle? That it is done by masterful cinematographer? This is student film level. Which makes perfect sense as Snyder is nothing more than glorified film student.
>>
>>67927237
Going out of his way to save his just recent arch nemesis's mom is most definitely SJW territory. If he really "finally saw the monster he had become" then he should have been a wreck and incapable of saving anyone, let alone the mom of the dude he was just about to spear, and had been wanting to kill for years. People don't just flip flop that quickly.
>>
>>67927265
>Snyder refrained from giving us the stereotypical, hackneyed flashback that typically accompanies a huge epiphany on the part of a character.
By doing exactly that using a flashback to the night of Bruce's parents death?
>>
>>67926924
>hence the flamethrower

Clearly the best weapon to frame Batman since that's one of his iconic gadgets.
>>
>>67927298
Who's perspective is that shot from, though. Seriously stop and think about that before you answer.
>>
>mixed (mostly bad) reviews
>underperforms in America, fucking GotG beat it domestically
>is flopping in major international markets such as China, Eddie the Eagle took it over in the UK
>won't even reach 1 billion worldwide

Is DC finished?
>>
>>67926983
>Clark isn't even really a monster

He is a fucking monster, he has insane power. He could destroy the world if he wanted.

The destiny of humanity is decided by the petty desires of some fucking redneck. Trusting him is insanity.
>>
>>67927302
>Going out of his way to save his just recent arch nemesis's mom is most definitely SJW territory
Hope you're memeing, no one should be that stupid.
>>
>>67927330
Literally no one's because the priest he's talking to is actually situated higher than Clark because he's sitting casually across the back of a pew while Clark is down in the seat.
>>
Snyder is aware that he's dealing with one of the most iconic characters in popular mythos, he respects Superman immensely. And accordingly he strives to elevate the medium in order for it to fill Superman's shoes.

Meanwhile, entitled manchildren fail to grasp his work emotionally and intellectually, and incessantly complain about petty shit because they arrogantly believe they have the last word on how these characters should and would act, not realizing Superman belongs to no one and everyone.
Don't worry, you fucking fat fucks. Snyder's so aware of this that BvS practically took a magnificent artistic shit on you fanboys and you didn't even notice. And he knew that you weren't going to notice. The whole film criticizes this way of thinking. Most of the complaints from fanboys were actually deliberate artistic choices fully aware of the consequences. For example Joker Lex, or the JL teaser spliced right in the climax, when after all everyone just paid to watch Batman and Superman fight (for all they care they could fastforward everything else).
Snyder provides an alternative to mindless entertainment, escapism, and power fantasies. He uses Superman as the vehicle to inspire a cynical generation.
People haven't noticed that their reaction to BvS was exactly how Snyder predicted they were going to react. He understands modern society and its decay so well, that he knew he was going to get crucified by glorified bloggers and "nerds".

Just face it, you're out of your league, and you've been exposed as lacking basic film and film analysis understanding, not to mention the emotional maturity of a brick.
>>
>>67926990
>on the other side of the gun

But he had a spear. And his parents dying was their own fault for resisting the mugger.
>>
>>67927350
Monster has the connotation of being a bad guy or having ill intentions. Clark has spent the entire two years Batman has known him helping people.
>>
>>67927361
Emotional maturity. Yes; I think this movie requires a serious ability to be in constant connection with at least one of the characters on a deep level.
Most movies introduce an unrealistic emotional response to certain situations. Joking during near death experiences. Being cutesy during brawls. These moments remind us that it's a movie, and that we're nothing like these characters. BvS provides a more organic connection between the viewers and Batman, Superman, and even Lex.
>>
>>67927317
It's to frame Superman, dumbass. Of all the ways he can kill someone, the easiest to replicate is burning them.

Given the tight time-frame, Lex labels Bruce as the brave. if slightly deranged, martyr who tried to stop the alien all on his own. His sacrifice will be remembered.
>>
>>67927336
No, just WB
>>
File: pulp vs fiction.jpg (61 KB, 880x600) Image search: [Google]
pulp vs fiction.jpg
61 KB, 880x600
All I know is Snyder is a sly dog and I enjoy his dialogue with the audience, it's like watching movies with your bro.
>>
>>67927317
Just reread my post, forgive my ambiguity. Forgive me calling you a dumbass, too. I meant he'd frame Clark for all three of their deaths.
>>
>>67927353
>thinks character choices in a capeshit movie are intelligent and well thought out
>thinks this has bearing on intelligence in the real world

I've had enough for one night.
>>
>>67927109
>But yeah, nothing more going on here than in the run-of-the-mill cape movie, right?

Sam Raimi capeshit was already dealing with more complex things than what you wrote there. Although that's probably too deep for a retard who cannot handle any subtle theming and needs to be spoonfed with symbols and ideas shoved in your face.
>>
>>67927361
I know this is pasta but shitting on your audience is obviously the very best strategy, nothing could go wrong.

Meanwhile, word of mouth is getting worse.

More importantly though, a movie destined for the average moviegoer because it uses pop culture icons has no business being so smart the actual viewer will be disappointed.
>>
File: 1455811225640[3].jpg (137 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1455811225640[3].jpg
137 KB, 1200x600
>What's the oldest lie on /tv/, Anon?

That Lex Luthor behaving like The Joker wasn't intentional.

The entire point of the movie is to show that the Superman mythos belongs to no one and everyone at the same time. This is the historical baggage that Snyder is aware these characters carry: An endless barrage of fanboys and comicbook lore since the 30's, comparison to other iconic characters, and everyone thinking they have the last word on how these characters should and would act.

Superman is Christ, Moby Dick, King Arthur, Zorro, JFK, The White Rabbit/Bugs Bunny, the Classical hero.
Batman is Ahab, a vampire, Lancelot, Charles Foster Kane, Dr. Bill Hartford, John the Baptist, the tortured soul seeking redemption.
Doomsday is a fire-breathing dragon, King Kong, a falling meteorite, a nuclear holocaust, the mythical Hydra, Mordred, the monster inside oneself.
The Kryptonite spear is Excalibur, Longinus, Zeus' thunderbolt, Ahab's harpoon, Zorro's rapier, Alexander the Great's sword, dispassionate power and judgement.
Lex is The Joker, The Mad Hatter, Elmer Fudd, Oedipus, Icharus, Salome, the Tragic cynic.
There are many comparisons with the Nolan trilogy because this film embraces it as part of the mythos too. For instance, the Batmobile scene culminates in Batman running into Superman, while in the Nolan version he decides to spare the Joker on his motorcycle. The Gotham football team's uniform is the same color in both films. Rachel Dawes and Lois Lane are dropped from a skyscraper. The interrogation scenes of The Joker and Luthor are accentuated in one case because of its physical violence and in the other because of the lack thereof.
It's a deconstruction and analysis of the characters themselves.

(1/2)
>>
>>67927429
The film thrives on these types of associations, like the red Jolly Rancher pushed into the senator's mouth - "it's cherry" - coming back as the blood dripped onto Zod's face, the red graffiti on Superman's monument, and his slashed cheek, not to mention the nods to internet culture and memes (4U CIA). It's precisely this uncomfortable reevaluation and redemption of sugary pop imagery that drives the film. "Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art," as Armond White notes. The basic thesis is that Superhero franchises are antithetical to what Superman actually stands for.

The fact that not a single character behaved the way fanboys expected just proves the point that all this was intentional (for instance, Alfred isn't a butler and Lois isn't a typical lady in distress).
>I'm not a lady, I'm a journalist.

(2/2)
>>
File: Lane-Pryce-Mad-Men1.jpg (246 KB, 1225x816) Image search: [Google]
Lane-Pryce-Mad-Men1.jpg
246 KB, 1225x816
>>67927330
Are you actually going insane?
>>
>>67927429
Lex being Elmer Fudd gets me every time.
>>
>>67927418
>Meanwhile, word of mouth is getting worse.
Don't care, I enjoy it.

>>67927418
>a movie destined for the average moviegoer because it uses pop culture icons has no business being so smart the actual viewer will be disappointed.
Don't care, I enjoy it.
>>
>>67927389
>It's to frame Superman

That's actually even more retarded.
>>
>>67927470
>Late, late says the white rabbit. Right, wabbit?
>>
>>67927482
Be that as it may, if it misses the target on purpose, one wonders what the point is.

Also, do you enjoy feeling smarter than other people or something?
>>
>>67927361
>Superman belongs to no one and everyone

He is still owned by DC comics though.
>>
>>67927482
>Don't care, I enjoy it.

>It will be a new era of cinema, $2 billion box office, Marvel is finished!
>Critics don't matter!
>Its a global conspiracy!
>Who goes to see movies on Easter anyway!
>Well, at least it will make its billion!
>Empty cinemas don't matter!!!
>YOU ARE JUST A MARVEL FANCHILD I HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE THIS WORLD
>Well, Justice League will be better, r-right?
>It will make profit at least...
>Suicide Squad will save DCCU, just watch...
>It was too deep for general audience anyway
>I liked it at least
>>
>>67927522
>Also, do you enjoy feeling smarter than other people or something?
Don't care.
>>
>>67927375
>Monster has the connotation of being a bad guy or having ill intentions

That's a matter of perspective. Someone could kill half of humanity and say it's for a good intention, and really believe it.
>>
>>67927566
found the dimwit who took the company war meme too seriously
>>
>>67927356
My mistake. I'd forgotten he was seated. I still contend that the association with Christ imagery isn't because he's being presented as "space Jesus," but that it serves as a visual metaphor for Clark's struggle to find acceptance as a man when his nature(alien) and his environment(earth) conspire to make of him a god. Typically, when we see the imagery, it's to convey that someone in-universe perceives him in a god-like way.
>>
I'm over 25 so I understood the movie just fine. It was great.
>>
>>67927600
Is this what you're telling yourself when crying in bed?
>>
>>67927606
I like that the priest calmly talks to him like he would anyone looking to confess, even if the whole world's fate is at stake and might depend on what he says to Clark.
>>
>>67927429
>Doomsday is a fire-breathing dragon, King Kong, a falling meteorite, a nuclear holocaust, the mythical Hydra, Mordred, the monster inside oneself.

Not to mention the personification of Clark's guilt and the ghost of Zod.
>>
>>67927626
Nah man.
>>
File: 1304429149531.png (150 KB, 480x359) Image search: [Google]
1304429149531.png
150 KB, 480x359
>>67927449
>Lois isn't a typical lady in distress

I know this is bait but this is too much.
>>
>>67925518
Remember when /tv/ hated capeshit?
No? Oh right, you're either a newfag or a crossboarder who came here two weeks ago to post about BvS.
Go back to >>>/v/ faggot.
>inb4 it's capekino
Kino literally just means cinema or "the movies", so fuck off.
>>
File: 1456696167460.png (197 KB, 371x303) Image search: [Google]
1456696167460.png
197 KB, 371x303
>>67926378

>what is so deep about this capeshit

the word "Superman" entered the english language through translations of german idealist philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche's work.

Nietzsche is famous for declaring that "God is dead...and we have killed him." This is considered to be a "deep" concept because what separates primitive man from civilized man is the insistence that only propositions which can be proven be given ultimate weight, e.g., the church and state must be separated, evidence based propositions elevated above superstitions, etc.

The very foundation of modern existence, the advanced machinery, the special effects required to produce a movie like BvS, spring forth from man's willingness to "kill god" by discarding a savage belief in the supernatural and cracking open the secrets of the universe and becoming a god himself.

Most superman stories are just him as a superhero doing badass stuff, maybe sometimes getting thwarted or in peril, in short, being a typical comic book character.

BvS took Superman the comic book character back to the roots of his name, and to the fundamental contradictions of human experience, by having "god"(superman) fight to the death against "man"(batman + lex's frankenstein monster)

DID YOU GET THE ROCK?
>>
>>67927639
Also the embodiment of Zod's hatred of Earth and Lex's hatred of God=tumblr feminists
>>
>>67927650
She has the balls to walk straight to the Secretary of Defense and call him on his bullshit though.
>>
>>67927630
I like the gulp when the revelation is made.
>>
File: 1417634317268.jpg (150 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1417634317268.jpg
150 KB, 900x675
>>67927664
>The very foundation of modern existence, the advanced machinery, the special effects required to produce a movie like BvS, spring forth from man's willingness to "kill god" by discarding a savage belief in the supernatural and cracking open the secrets of the universe and becoming a god himself.
>>
Here's a filter question.

What was Lex really after?

It wasn't to prove "God don't real," or even "God's evil," although he does eventually find an evil god.
>>
File: 1458696167462.png (108 KB, 477x402) Image search: [Google]
1458696167462.png
108 KB, 477x402
>>67927705
check 'em, faggot
>>
>>67927755
So what was it? That he could overcome his daddy issues by killing the one the masses call god?
That man can kill God at all?
That man does not need God?
That man can outsmart God?

I get the feeling this is going to be good.
>>
>>67927755
People asking why he made Doomsday, think about the creation scenes -- how he cries when examining Zod. The Greek Icarus flew too close to the sun and fell, Zod and the other Kryptonians came across the universe simply to restore their people. Yet Superman struck them down, in Lex's eyes, to cement his status as a god. He gives the genesis chamber his own DNA and weeps viewing the lethal results of Superman's righteousness. "If God is all-good, then he cannot be all-powerful" Lex manically laments as he remembers the abuses of his father. So if the super man's intentions for humanity are so supremely pure that he would act as destroyer for his own race, then there is no way he will never live up to them. The largest departure from comic book Lex Luthor is that he is no longer antagonizing Superman out of jealousy, beneath it all is a despair that Superman cannot fulfill the promise he made to this world.
(1/2)
>>
>>67927907
By his interaction with the ship and Zod, Lex is more abridge between 2 worlds than Superman will ever be. After Zod is reborn, Lex reaches out to embrace him. Mad scientist Lex Luthor is more a spiritualist as the ghost of Krypton arises to meet him. The worlds torn asunder by Superman, rather explicitly or implicitly, are linked by a shared experience of moral objectivism. Zod's unerring beliefs could not coexist with the Superman the same as tumultuous nature of humanity cannot. "If man won't kill God, then the devil will do it", there's double meaning: first off, Batman failed to end the Superman, but more importantly, Superman refused to give up his goodness - his godliness - viewing the underbelly of mankind. Batman's character arc in this movie is remembering that moral absolutes do still exist, then Lex's arc is attempting to prove to the world that they do as well. He never thought Superman would kill Batman. A layman would view Lex's catalog of metahuman files as brought on by paranoia. "The oldest lie in America is that power can be innocent" -- think of this of the objectivist scale, not the relativist one. These extraordinary people Lex catalogued cannot simply exist and be complacent, they factually must be like Superman as either savior or destroyer. Remember that despite aiding mankind, Prometheus was no man. Yet Lex's greatest fear is not that Olympus will succeed in stopping Prometheus - Superman has already brought down Olympus -, it's that humanity will. That necessitates the creation of Doomsday, the devil, a being rising against its destroyer. If Superman exists and is godly, then the devil must exist. If life is given to mankind by Prometheus, then anti-life must be given as well.

This, of course, perfectly ties together with the coming of Darkseid. In that deleted scene, he prays before Darkseid's church. Zack Snyder's Lex Luthor does not hate Superman. His villainy comes from believing in him the most out of anyone on the planet.
>>
>>67925518
>watching literal trash

Capeshit is for normies and people with no taste.
>>
>>67927755
Because he's insane and the writing is terrible. No doubt they'll try to spin this into some master plan in the next movie
>>
>>67927664
>by having "god"(superman) fight to the death against "man"(batman + lex's frankenstein monster)
Don't forget the legal lawsuit parallel
>Plaintiff v Defendant
>>
>>67927871
The mistake is to take anything Lex says at face value. One of his earliest scene depicts him misrepresenting Superman as some sort of supernatural force to a senator from Kentucky. This guy's a manipulative psychopath that sees others who judge him as amoral as simply not operating on his intellectual level.

"'Psychopath' is a three-syllable word for ideas too big for small minds."

All that daddy issue stuff is solely for Clark's benefit, so is the claptrap about Clark being a god. In fact, Lex is one of the only characters who consistently doesn't think of Supes as a god. He treats him like a man, no different than any other in spite of his power. It's in his references to power that we find clues to his real motivations.

"The oldest lie in America . . . that power can be innocent."

"To have knowledge and no power would be paradoxical."

"God can't be all-good and all-powerful."

Lex has power, money, fame, intellect, but Superman does represent something he lacks and wants quite badly, and it's not laser eyes or the power of flight(although I'm sure he wouldn't turn them down), no, Lex is after the selfsame deification that Clark is desperately trying to shed.

To that end, he *is* looking to bloody "god's" hands, but not for the reason he gives to Supes. It's so he can take his place on the pedestal, most likely in a way along the lines described in >>67926924.

The flaw in it is that he saw Superman as a man no different from himself, and if Lex had Clark's power at his disposal, he'd have returned with Bruce's head posthaste.

The fact that both the combatants behave like heroes instead of psychopaths(though Psychobat only just barely made the grade) turns his entire plan on its ear. It wasn't a win-win for him, as he saw there being only one forgone conclusion to that fight. He set Bruce up to die.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 500x375
>>67925587
Remember that scene where superman said
>no one stays good in this world

Superman
>>
>>67928090
>no one stays good in this world
Neither does his hair apparently.
>>
>>67928133
I can forgive his hairline. I imagine Superman's testosterone levels must be through the roof, and we all know that entails premature baldness.
>>
Wew, I love that these discussion threads end up being comfy as fuck when all the meanies get tired and eventually leave, and just the people who want to discuss it without personal gripes remain.

Don't mean for this to sound like a blog, but commenting further on what this guy said >>67927380

lately I've been going through some personal issues and BvS hit me right in the feels in a good way, its final message just feels very sincere and uplifting. If you seek my monument look around you.
>>
>>67927606
Yeah, dude, it was real subtle when Superman's dad told him to go save everyone. "You can save them all," said Jor-el just as Superman drifted out of the ship in a super obvious Jesus on the cross pose.

He wasn't supposed to be space Jesus though.
>>
>>67927312
Hence the term "sleight of hand."

You guys realize that there comes a point when things stop being coincidences, right? He's basically begging you to be smart.
>>
>>67927417
I've been enjoying Raimi's films for as long as he's been making them, but if there's anything more than surface-level happening in his Spider-films, I'd love to hear you point them out.
>>
>>67928295
Agree, still doesn't mean that his Spidey movies are bad in any way. His editing in fight scenes is top notch and unconventional, the end of Spider-Man where he fights the Green Goblin reminded me of Evil Dead in a good way.
>>
>>67928251
What did Jor-El say before they even loaded him in his ship?

"He'll be a god to them."

Here's Jor-El's "ghost," for all intents and purposes, not only seeing he was right, but also seeing it in spite of himself.
>>
>>67928351
Oh absolutely. They're among the most enjoyable cape films out there. They're frequently overlooked for the very reason that they're so competently pulled-off. I had some issues with screenplay decisions, but enjoyed them immensely just the same.
>>
>>67928263
Or you might be reaching so hard to find depth where there is none that you will pull something.

All the reasons given for that scene sum up as "Martha" is the trigger word for Batman, who is shoehorned into seeing Superman as a real human bean when a quick look at his life is really all he would need. At the end of the day, Lois is a plot device to provide exposition and emotional scenes. The titular fight is merely there as a mean to call on the pseudo comic book crowd and to provide an answer to the age old debate. Nevermind the fact that it has been answered conclusively.

>>67928089
I'll have to call shenanigans. Even assuming he is lying, why would he get so worked up at the idea to create an abomination to kill god?

Why would he make Superman kneel in front of him? Why would all the visuals scream of a fight between man and god, then pull a bait and switch for no payoff or reason?

Why would you make a movie that is entirely reliant on a fight between man and someone the masses will and do see as a god, both in and out of universe, then go the other way around.

This is all validation of his belief that God is merely a man, when he is the biggest believer in god in the first place. But God cannot be so good. God cannot be so pure. Because he will prove them all wrong. Or perhaps they are right. But then, Luthor is insane.

Except of course that Superman is not a beacon of hope, but a broken thing that never achieves any potential since his killing Zod intervened too early and he never makes anything of it, not even the seed of an ideal of betterment for all.

This is an extended god metaphor that will become even more obvious when Superman comes out of his grave to rally the believers behind him.

>>67928217
Meh, its late here and beating my head against a wall is not worth it. Some might call those threads a circlejerk, I'd say its people looking for validation. Same difference.
>>
>>67925573
>>67925587
>>67925668
>>67925871
Are you doing this ironically or are you so hellbent on going against the general consensus that you will defend this piece of shit?
>>
>>67928552
I bet you can't even a little bit elaborate WHY it's a piece of shit. You just wanna fit in.
>>
You now realize that the Pa Kent scenes are arranged in such a way as to not only reveal important incidents in Clark's past, but to illicit emotional reactions from the audience that echo the relationship between a father and his child.

STOP INVINCIBLE SON occurs during Clark's rebellious teenage years when we think we're the smartest person who's ever lived and that our dads are retards.
>>
>>67928570
Maybe people want to be entertained while watching capeshit, not pseudo-intellectual drama about men in tights
>>
>>67928536
Doomsday was there to keep Clark busy while they rounded Lois up. He'd just rescued her from her fall, so she was still relatively close-by. I firmly believe that Lex, in his arrogance, believed that the pet metahumans he'd been keeping tabs on would be able to handle Clark or Doomsday, especially considering he'd be able to retrieve Bruce's kryptonite arsenal, untouched, mind you, because he fully expected Clark to hit Bats at about Mach 2 and end the fight before it even started. It's what Lex would have done, after all.
>>
>>67928570
>Convoluted plot
>Lex's motivations were difficult to understand
>Pacing was all over the place
>Dream/future/Flash sequence made no sense
>Maybe my theatre was fucked up but it was too dark to see anything in certain sections
>Pa and Ma Kent's personalities where fucked
>Louis throws the Lance of Longinus into the water for no reason and somehow knows to get it again
>The entire final fight sequence
>Wonderwoman was a shoehorned character who did nothing and was in there for the last ten minutes
>Batman decided to kill dozens of henchmen
>Snyder decides to show the failed robbery attempt and not the successful one
>Gal Gagot's acting
>Eisenberg's acting
>Those attempts at 'universe building' which was just a couple of trailers on Wonderwoman's laptop
>The soundtrack
>The super crazy high tech bullets
>The fact people thought Superman fought the terrorists in Africa with bullets
>The incredibly forced Jesus comparisons
>The rushing of Batman's and Superman's conflict
>The fact Batman has a nervous breakdown over the fact Kent's mum's name is Martha
>The clear chunks of cut content
>The fact that Doomsday just shows up in the final 20 minutes
>The fact they started with this and opposed to an individual Batman movie. It was like starting in the middle of a story.
>The blue filter

I will probably think of more reasons but that's all for now
>>
>>67925518
I enjoyed it.
That being said, It definitely started to make a turn for the worse towards the end. I understand that they wanted to set up the Jutice League, but it made the movie suffer from a lack of focus and felt really cluttered.
>>
ITT: capeshit plebs
>>
>>67928536
>Or you might be reaching so hard to find depth where there is none that you will pull something.

The operative phase there being "might be reaching." There sure are a lot of editing decisions that people call stupid that actually come off looking pretty smart once you reconsider what the characters' actual motivations and themes are.

Disillusioned Bruce, chasing his "beautiful lie" that vengeance could ever bring him peace ends up almost becoming every bit the dragon he'd been fighting his whole career. "Martha" reminds him of what started him down this path. Lois takes the leap and trusts him with the knowledge that Supes himself held back. Lois is key. Trust is key.

He's starting to believe that maybe there was something to his weird dream experience. He's seen the key, at the end of the film, we see that he's going to find the others. That's two of the Flash's exhortations, which leaves the third and fourth:

"You were right about him."

"Fear him."

Whether I'm onto something with all this or not, bad films seldom illicit this degree of discussion.
>>
File: friedrich-nietzsche-meme[1].jpg (19 KB, 300x355) Image search: [Google]
friedrich-nietzsche-meme[1].jpg
19 KB, 300x355
>>67927664
Where did everything go so Zarathustra?
>>
>>67928570
The one who is trying to fit, and trying it too hard is obviously you.
>>
>>67928089
>Psychopath
It's "psychotic."
But I recognize your Lex analysis, you've posted it before. I like it.
>>
>>67928817
>>67928570
I also forgot the 2DEEP4U pretentiousness throughout the movie. It thought it was much smarter than it actually was.
>>
>>67928817
Hi Lex.
>>
>>67928536
Where I think you're wrong is in Lex believing Clark to be any sort of god at all, a nascent object of worship, yes, but that doesn't a deity make. Ironically, with all those people so ready to worship Superman, the only one who has no trouble calling him a god to his face is the one man who categorically does not believe him to be one.
>>
>>67925518
1. you're a faggot
2. i watched it a couple of days ago and it was exactly the fucking same as all capeshit. I don't udnerstand why any capeshit scores well but this was a bout the same as all those other faggot films.
3. You're not important OP, you never will be, there is only one thing for you to do... suicide.
>>
>>67925518
29%
>>
>>67928886
My bad, and thank you.
>>
>>67925752
Are you fucking serious? Haha. Aw man, this is sad
>>
>>67928855
Also Lex's words echo omniously, they're in dire need for a method of deterrence against Superman, even though he's proven to be all-good as of now.
Superman himself is aware that good men can turn evil eventually after all.
>>
>>67925573
>Noone dislikes it.
29%
>>
>>67929073
Also in your last thread you thought that Lex didn't have any way of knowing about the crippled Wayne employee. But it's clear that he in fact does find out about him because there's a newspaper article mentioning how Bruce rescues him.
>>
>>67925518
But it looks and flows like a videogame, like all hack snyder movies.
>>67925573
>Noone dislikes it.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, psycho boy.
>>67925587
>agreeing with your own post

What is it about this movie that attracts all the mental patients and assburgers with OCD? How many damage control threads have there been posted every day since the movie released? It must be in the hundreds of thousands right now. Just imagine that, a retarded child posting 8 hours a day of nothing but excuses and damage control for a terrible movie.
>>
File: 1432529953885.png (398 KB, 792x540) Image search: [Google]
1432529953885.png
398 KB, 792x540
>>67925518

You retards are even worse than "Prequels were good" crowd.
>>
>>67929118
Good catch. I'm hoping to sneak in a third viewing tonight.
>>
>>67929314
the paper's shown right before the scene where he smears the monument
>>
>>67929118
As a point of fact, I rarely actually start threads. I just participate and contribute what I can.
>>
>>67929344
You made any headway with the bullets yet? I can't see how they fit, if they even do.
>>
When will this be a good movie?
>>
>>67928570
Different poster but my thoughts copied and pasted from another thread:

Speaking only for myself, BvS had a disgusting script, and the editing was also atrocious. These two were the biggest factors for me.
Notice Lex asking for permission to access the Kryptonian ship. He is wearing a polo shirt, some light blue suit with black-and-red sneakers. He enters, does his thing.
Roughly half an hour later, after the guy giving him access has been blown up and after he has the meeting at his home with the Senator, and after the explosion,, and after another dinner party, all of which had costume changes, he returns to the Kryptonian ship days later. The instant he enters the ship, he is back in the suit/polo/sneakers combo.

This is horrible. Clearly someone felt the Doomsday plot needed to be spaced out across the film a little better, so they just cut a scene in half and stuck the latter half elsewhere without regard for continuity or consequence. Now, this is both an issue with the script and the editing. It should've been rectified in the writing stage and when it wasn't, it shouldn't have been Frankensteined in the editing.

Another issue with the writing is Wonder Woman being added to the film as an afterthought. She has dialogue with Bruce, and only Bruce. Not one line is uttered to a single character except for him, because someone's sole job was to integrate her into the script and did so only by having her meet him at a couple of parties before appearing at the end.

And the editing was bad not just in terms of continuity but also in terms of pacing. This is actually the sequence of events that occurs partway through the movie:
(to be put in another post because of length)
>>
>>67929451
>>67928570
This is actually the sequence of events that occurs partway through the movie:
>Luthor tells Superman that if he flies anywhere except to Batman, Martha will die
>Superman agrees to fight Batman
>Superman flies to Lois and tells her he is going to fight Batman
>Lois gets in a taxi to the Daily Planet
>We see Martha in a warehouse
>Lois arrives at Daily Planet and gains permission to use a helicopter
>Wonder Woman sits at home and gets an email from Batman, watches clips of Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman
>Superman arrives at Batman's location

What the fuck is that shit? Disgusting effort, cutting that shit together.

See, the complaints about tone, and theme, and muh-Batman-shouldn't-kill, I agree are unfounded. Childish nonsense. But the movie itself is so poorly constructed, both preproduction and postproduction that you simply cannot reasonably call it a well-made movie with a straight face. Cool story? Sure, maybe. Cool concepts? Certainly. But a good movie? Fucking ridiculous.

3/10 movie. It is bad.
>>
File: BaleLaughing.gif (498 KB, 255x235) Image search: [Google]
BaleLaughing.gif
498 KB, 255x235
>>67926450
>masterful use of symbolism
TOP FUCKING KEK. You must be fucking delusional if you actually believe this shit.
>>
>>67929472
Those are valid criticisms, but for me, at least, they're not deal-breakers.
>>
>>67925518
from the moment Batman smashes a sink over Supermans head it goes to shit.

I'm not even trying to be funny, that's where the great characters and setting stop to just become a retarded mess. Only good points after that is the Nuke sacrifice and Batmans warehouse fight.
>>
>>67929481
That guy was answering someone else's question, citing the reasons he's heard. Congratulations! You just failed the reading comprehension portion of the exam.
>>
>>67925637
The only bit I didn't like was that aquaman scene, it was so incredibly goofy
>>
>>67925859
What was so bad about supermans dialogue? It was fine, it just wasn't as great as batmans because his best parts weren't dialogue driven.
>>
>>67925859
>>67929600
Yeah, I thought Batman's and Luthor's dialogue were the worst. That 1% absolute certainty line was shit. The three-syllable psychopath line was shit. Ding ding ding was shit.

Actually, I'll grant you that Superman's "Consider this mercy" little diatribe was pretty stupid. Other than that, though, I thought his lines were much better than Batman's or Luthor's.
>>
File: 262plox.jpg (10 KB, 490x267) Image search: [Google]
262plox.jpg
10 KB, 490x267
>>67925518
Reminder that if you think this movie was good then you can stop defending it and let it stand on it's own two feet.

Oh right, you can't. Because the film fucking sucks.
>>
>>67926618
Dude he's still is about to go through with with it, he just hesitates for a second.

It's only when Lois shows up and begs does the penny drops. Superman is acting out of selflessness to save his mother, he's about to die and all he cares about is someone else, it was never about him wanting to become a hero or have power, and batman has become the heartless killer just like the one who murdered his parents.

You're oversimplifying it if you think it was just about their mothers having the same name.
>>
>>67928552
If by "general consensus" you mean biased critics and bandwagon hopping, clickbaiting faggots then yes
>>
>>67929397
Well the whole Lois subplot focuses on the media and journalistic POV of the whole affair, and it raises ethical questions similar to Superman's,
>When and where should Superman act?
>When and where should the media act, and how should they portray Superman?

I see the bullet in her journal as representative of how media and journalists can be unethical, and what's their importance on modern society.
>Poor people buy papers too.
>Nobody buys papers, period.
Also note that Lois pursues the story of the bullet for personal reasons, she feels guilty too about the deaths she's responsible of.
>>
>>67929759
Why can't you admit defeat gracefully, Snyderfag?
>>
>>67929580
REEEEEE GET OUT OF MY OCEAN
>>
>>67929759
If it means anything, I didn't see any reviews and saw it opening night and I still thought it was trash.

Also,bias reviewers? What?
>>
>>67929759
Why are the critics biased? Don't give me the Disney-paid-them-off bullshit.

I saw the film in Australia before looking at RT and before it was released in the USA and understood it to be a bad movie. There was no bandwagon hopping, there was no going along with the general consensus.

I watched the film and judged it myself, and it's very poor in quality. We should be having discussions about what we each thought of it instead of just calling each other liars.
>>
i might go see it this morning
im bored and have been watching korean movies nonstop for the past 2 days
>>
>>67929672
>>>/v/
>>
>>67929672
You know what? I think I will. You guys who think it's shit can enjoy your circle-jerk about how shitty a movie you failed to understand is.

Welcome to the 71%.

I mean that sincerely. I didn't want to be your superior. That's just how things worked out. You could have applied yourself. You could have broadened your horizons, but ultimately this is the pit you chose.
>>
>>67929771
I can respect all that, but I still can't fathom why they were using easily traceable ammunition in the first place. It's the one sour note in the symphony for me.
>>
File: 1458954640093.jpg (32 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
1458954640093.jpg
32 KB, 600x440
ITT: /tv/ changes it's opinion regarding this movie because the general consensus is starting to hate it.
>>
File: 1459294499261.jpg (59 KB, 591x591) Image search: [Google]
1459294499261.jpg
59 KB, 591x591
>>67925518
How people can think this is anything but capekino is beyond me, this was LEAGUES ahead of anything marvel did as far as substance and depth goes, and any minor complains about editing will go straight out the window when the directors cut comes out and we can see Snyders full vision
>>
>>67929823
>>67929828

Not that guy, but basically going into it expecting something akin to the established cape template and missing what the film was offering as a result.
>>
File: st.jpg (52 KB, 690x622) Image search: [Google]
st.jpg
52 KB, 690x622
Reminder that it's kino
>>
>>67929917
>TV changes their opinion after seeing the movie

Is that what you meant to say?
>>
File: 1433414669693.jpg (49 KB, 406x542) Image search: [Google]
1433414669693.jpg
49 KB, 406x542
>>67929921
>depth
>>
File: IHNMAIMS.jpg (532 KB, 821x726) Image search: [Google]
IHNMAIMS.jpg
532 KB, 821x726
>>67929856
You're making assumptions, pal. I understood the movie just fine.

It had a great soundtrack, interesting visuals but over all lacked character and in alot of instances it destroyed characters.

Also, you're making about as much sense as the movie did.
>>
>>67929886
Maybe Lex was so arrogant and thought that he had every politician on his control.
Remember Swanwick tells Lois that all he relays is confidential, and if he revealed it he might get the boot.

Only Lois had the balls to challenge the politicians and Lex and pursue the story.
>>
>>67929931
I went in expecting The Dark Knight Returns. Which was what it was poorly based on.
>>
Remember, Disney paid for bad reviews and to keep people from seeing this
>>
File: qzeCTBU.jpg (410 KB, 1024x1264) Image search: [Google]
qzeCTBU.jpg
410 KB, 1024x1264
>>67929986
>Disney paid for bad reviews
Fucking prove it
>>
>>67929938
>more votes for not kino than for kino
>>
>>67929965
>replying with an anime picture and no post of actual substance
i want anime fags to leave
>>
>>67929917
>/tv/ changes it's opinion
Meh, /tv/ers argue about everything, the board itself never has a solid opinion.

>>67929921
Sure, and the director's cut can discussed as its own entity but it's the theatrical one that gets reviewed.

>>67929931
Oh, that's ridiculous. I'll grant you that a large number of critics admonished the grim tone but that was not the only complaint from any of them. The technical construction of the film is disgusting, from the script, through the editing, to the postproduction. Even if we all agree that the acting, direction and production design were excellent, that's not a complete film.

BvS wasn't even able to maintain continuity in its costume design - because the editor kept cutting scenes and then splicing them throughout the movie. Watch it again and keep an eye on Luthor's clothes - it's hilariously bad.
Happy to give examples.
>>
>>67929921
Stand tall and proud brother, for we are the chosen people that have been enlightened. Yes, it can be frustrating, like trying to explain a new color in the spectrum, but like Clark, we're willing to sacrifice ourselves to defend our ideals, and become true patron saints of the arts.
>>
>>67929986
I'd love to see evidence for this
>>
>>67930007
>Thinking someone watches anime because they post a reaction image
>>
>>67926741
To all the people who say this was heavy handed, can you give some examples of film that did the same thing more subtly. And could you say what the specific symbolism is?

I hear this all the time and I'm genuinely curious what you guys are comparing this to. I don't buy in to "incredibly vague shit that could mean anything" so please say something subtle, but specific.
>>
>>67930000
Good quads. And I second this.

>They don't like the movie I like
>Someone must've paid them off
/facepalm
>>
>>67930000
Do you think, with the rising of the SJW crowd, that they'll end up doing a romance sub-plot between Poison Ivy and Harlequin in a future film?

i don't agree with the forcing of it in, but at least it's true to the original material, back when it was just written by neckbeards who could write what they wanted...

Plus I find it kinda cute, plus it gets to stomp on the evil white man (Joker).
>>
File: Consider The Following.jpg (49 KB, 637x362) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following.jpg
49 KB, 637x362
>>67929814
>>67929823
>>67929828
I'm not a X or Y fag, just enjoy the occasional capeshit, marvel or dc, as a guilty pleasure. And by capeshit standards, BvS fucking killed. People holding this flick up to high cinematic standards are literally autistic. You can find just as much plot holes, shitty acting, cheesy dialog and frantic editing in every capeshit. There's is literally NO reason for BvS to be rated less than AoU other than moody critics and shill money.
>>
File: 1387824655586.jpg (99 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
1387824655586.jpg
99 KB, 900x1344
>>67930021
>>
File: 1459453446348.jpg (30 KB, 450x244) Image search: [Google]
1459453446348.jpg
30 KB, 450x244
>>67930035
>pretending you dont watch anime
its okay to admit it man, why else would you save some random shitty anime picture
>>
>>67930002
?
Now that's denial.
>>
>>67929982
Only in part. It's more like a potpourri of stories. Imagine The Dark Knight Returns occurring concurrently with something like Byrne's Man of Steel with elements of Kingdom Come, Death of Superman, and Legends.
>>
>>67930055
>You can find just as much plot holes, shitty acting, cheesy dialog and frantic editing in every capeshit
None of the three of us mentioned plot holes, shitty acting, cheesy dialog or frantic editing - at least not in the posts to which you are replying.
>>
>>67930061
>Sees random reaction image on /mu/
>Saves image
>Uses image here
>>
>>67929973
Just asking, but have you read this thread and considered what's been put forward here?
>>
>>67930109
look man its fine, you obviously watch anime to have saved it, because its a pretty shit reaction image to begin with, so i bet thats your "waifu" or whatever you call it, no judgement here man
>>
>>67930082
What else would you hate it for? the fucking color filters?
>>
>>67930078
And that is a huge issue for the movie, it felt like 3 movies happening at the same time, it was so all over the place none of the admittedly interesting components of the movie had the opportunity to grow and a become fleshed out plot, if they had this movies as essentially TDKR and then the next one being The Death of Superman I feel the movie would not be nearly as bad as what it was. It had the Spiderman 3 problem but worse imo
>>
>>67930011
With all due respect, editing has never once ruined a film for me, provided it's still able to maintain the through-line of its story, which I feel this one does, victim of the cutting room floor notwithstanding.
>>
Gonna Blu-ray this goddamn movie and meme every schlop scene right down to crazy lex and his autistic tirade. Can't wait.
>>
>>67930151
>>67929451
>>67929472
I explained my reasons in those two posts - and yes, in them I do mention editing, though not of the frantic-fast-cut-action-sequence variety - I actually enjoyed the in-scene editing a lot. Saw a lot of what was going on while keeping it feeling fast and furious.

No, my issues with the editing were more scene-by-scene. I hope you can at least appreciate the points I make in those two posts, even if you disagree with them. Happy to keep offering more examples and talk it through, if you are.
>>
>>67925518
Reminder that if you thought BvS was anything more than mediocre you are letting your love for DC blind you and you are a complete idiot. There is literally no argument against this because this is the absolute truth. Any attempts to say otherwise just makes you look like an ever bigger retard. End of discussion.
>>
File: Louis_C.K._staff_image.jpg (67 KB, 558x750) Image search: [Google]
Louis_C.K._staff_image.jpg
67 KB, 558x750
>>67925518
Reading BvS fanboy posts is like staring into the abyss. Even if it is trolling which I hope it's so fucking autismally dedicated. Mainly talking about the "it's a misunderstood kino masterpiece" people and not people who enjoyed it for what it was while understanding how flawed it is (I am in the latter camp)
>>
>>67925587
>This may be the only thing I do that matters
Killing Superman? no wonder this is a failure with critics and audiences
>>
>>67930182
>With all due respect, editing has never once ruined a film for me
That's totally fine. Editing has ruined many movies for me, and this is one of them. It doesn't help that the script was awful.

>>67930212
>>67930215
I actually think the harshest critics of BvS (at least in my experience) are the hardcore DC fans, but that might just be my own experience.
>>
>>67930215
>people who enjoyed it for what it was while understanding how flawed it is
Fucking thank you, just because you like a movie doesn't mean it is automatically a masterpiece. Hell, I like Alien 3 and I know it was a Frankenstein's Monster mess of a movie.
>>
>>67930205
90% of you issues with the movie are nitpicking (again, by capeshit standards). Apply the same criticism to most of Marvel movies and you'll come up with a list just as long. So my guess is you just hate capeshit in general, but still watch it for whatever.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.