[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 18
File: ah jeez.jpg (84 KB, 1460x950) Image search: [Google]
ah jeez.jpg
84 KB, 1460x950
>Why did Lois Lane throw the spear into the water? How did she know to go back and get the spear?
>How did Luthor have footage of Zod's body being cut by Kryptonite before the government gave him Zod's body, and before he had the fucking Kryptonite?
>Other than product placement, why was Wonder Woman on that plane?
>Why did Lex's asian assistant leave Bruce in the restricted server room after she found him there?
>Why wouldn't the people in the Wayne building already be evacuating?
>Why did people think Superman shot a bunch of people in Africa?
>Was Clark on the sports beat?
>Why would Lex excitedly introduce billionaire Bruce Wayne to some shitty sports journalist for the local paper?
>Why did Morpheus give Lois Lane the chopper ON THE ROOF just because she said "it isn't for work" or whatever? Do newspaper editors have a lot of clout in the short-notice helicopter charter industry? Why would a helicopter pilot fly into the middle of a giant city-wide arc flash hazard? Why would he be allowed to?
>Why did Superman stop Batman from stealing the Kryptonite from Lex? Why was Superman cool with Lex having a big shipment of Kryptonite?
>Why was the that whole sequence in the movie when it literally accomplished no forward momentum in the plot? If all Batman needed to do was get a tracker on the truck then sneakily break in later, why didn't he just do that instead of murdering a bunch of people for literally no reason?
>What was Lex's plan for Doomsday if Batman had killed Superman? What was Lex's plan for Doomsday if Doomsday killed Superman? The military couldn't kill it and Lex didn't have any Kryptonite. What exactly was Lex's plan to begin with? And why?
>Why would Lex's shitty DNA be of any benefit in Doomsday's creation?
>Where's the graphic designer Lex hired to make superhero logos?
>Martha?
>Why would fucking Superman trust Batman to save his mom?
>If this version of Batman has no problem killing, why is the joker still alive?
>>
>>67912270
>How exactly was Doomsday created? Was it Zod's body?
>What was the point of repeatedly trying to frame Superman if you're intending to release a big monster to try and kill him?
>In terms of risk/reward, why in the flying fuck would Lex scheme to blow up congress? What was gained that made that worth it to him? People kind of were mad at Superman for like a day. And if it was about the Lady Senator rejecting his trade agreement or whatever, why had the entire thing already been set in motion?
>How did Lex get all the files on the other superheroes? Why did he have custom made logos for them?
>Why did broody, rebellious vigilante Superman have beef with broody, rebellious vigilante Batman?
>>
File: 1458726303070.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1458726303070.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>67912270
DELETE THIS
>>
File: 1459037378306.png (361 KB, 540x724) Image search: [Google]
1459037378306.png
361 KB, 540x724
>>67912270
Because
<
>>
>>67912270

again with the ''plotholes'' that are not plot holes and just show that you dind't got the movie??

fuck off!
stop with the stale pasta!
>>
>>67912674
shitty meme
>>67912270
>>67912526
It's capeshit, you dumb faggot.
>>
bbbut the art in motion! Such subversive artifice!
>>
>>67912717
this "haircut" actually fits him
>>
>>67912722
DKEKS IN FULL DAMAGE CONTROL MODE
>>
File: BAHAHAHA.jpg (422 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
BAHAHAHA.jpg
422 KB, 1360x768
>>67912270
Because
>>
>>67912270
Bump for DCucks
>>
Why didn't Superman just say to Batman that Lex has his mom and he's threatening to kill her if he doesn't fight???
Why didn't Lex experience his own staff getting killed in the wake of the Zod attack so that he has real motivation to hate Superman?
Why is Superman mopey of all things when he can easily survive being thrown through multiple skyscrapers?
Why does Lex blood plus Zod equal Doomsday?
Why didn't Superman just throw the spear through Doomsday?
Why is this movie sp gloomy when it has all the reason to be ridiculously optimistic due to the existence of meta humans that care about ordinary people?
I seriously wish i could un-watch this movie
>>
>>67912722
Didn't call them plotholes. They're just questions I had watching the movie. The semantics of the term "plot hole" don't make these issues go away.
>>
>>67912270
Okay just saw this movie and now I know what the critics were talking about because it was pretty fucking atrocious to anyone with at least half a brain.

I'm just gonna try and go through scene by scene or at least the main shit to show why it was fucking bad.

First we open with a pretty blatant retcon of the last movie with non stop corny and horrible contrived scene, first we open with a few explosions with Zod and Superman destroying some buildings then Batman runs in calling up some random faggot and tells him to get out of the building, this man who didn't seem to notice the 20 or buildings that have blown up right behind him tells everyone to get out a few minutes later not only did he not leave the building but he actually is one the exact same floor and room from a few minutes ago he then prays so the audience can prepare for the uh very subtle religious Jesus imagery of superman for the next 2 hours.
>>
File: 1459205326151.jpg (71 KB, 984x671) Image search: [Google]
1459205326151.jpg
71 KB, 984x671
>>67913104
Later on Batfleck finds a man under a building who keeps yelling cliches like muh legs I can't feel muh legs, this man for some reason will waste the movies runtime with his non stop pointless scenes, next we have some random little girl we never see again in some contrived sadness scene, at this point I'm already yawning in the cinema.

So later wheelchair muh legs dude climbs a big statue of Superman to put grafitti on it but I'm sitting there just wondering why on earth would there be big tax payer paid statue for superman in the first place? Everyone in this fucking movie hates Superman and justifiably because he's a completely obnoxious prick who basically murdered thousands of people, answers to nobody, seems to have a scowl on his face when he saves people in depressing slow motion and he's also a pretty laughable hypocrite to Batman who he seems to hate because he does the same things he does but in a different city. So why does he have a big ass expensive statue anyway? In fact in this movie he seems to be on trial for something to do with some terrorists which doesn't make any fucking sense btw.
>>
File: superman-bald.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
superman-bald.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>67913134
Okay lets go to Batman scenes now, okay so he keeps having these random ass dreams that really have no purpose and feel like they belong in another movie the worst of these is easily the scene where Batman in a trench coat fighting some wanna be Nazis who work for superman, not sure if you can get movie heavy handed and laughable than this, then this scene ends with somehow even worse scene with some random ass fucking faggot out of no where in a monitor fucking screaming at Batman for what must of been 10 minutes I literally could not stop laughing at this horrible fucking scene.

Other horrid scenes with Batman in this movie include when he's uh hacking Lex Luthor computer and an anorexic Chinese woman who had 2 lines in the movie tells him the bathroom is upstairs and then just walks off, he later comes back to this room he's not allowed to be in because there is no security at all, this nonsense leads to him eventually discovering Wonder Woman in one of shittiest reveals ever.

There's also obvious all the scenes where Batman goes around torturing and murdering people when the fight eventually came I began to wonder which of these evildoers I should root for.
>>
>>67912723
>It's capeshit, you dumb faggot.
So it's just "turn your brain off" entertainment?

I thought it was supposed to be "Kino."
>>
File: capekino.jpg (664 KB, 1111x1021) Image search: [Google]
capekino.jpg
664 KB, 1111x1021
>>67913156
Batman seems as though he's gonna win but then he learns Superman's mommy has the same name as his and they immediately become best friends because Batman no longer gives a shit about why he was fighting him to begin with

Next Lex Luthor which was easily the worst character assassination in the movie.

So he hates Superman for reasons that are never really explained or make sense, so he comes up some random ass convoluted ways to try and kill him or maybe not?

For instance there was scene in a courtroom where superman is on trial for something to do with some terrorists than Lex Luthor hired or something but they blame Superman for for some reason, well in this scene Lex Luthor uses a man in a wheelchair to blow the courtroom up, Superman who is the only survivor with thousands dead around just makes a face like he's farted or something
>>
File: 1459175856261.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1459175856261.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>>67913192
So I thought here okay so Lex Luthor is trying to frame Superman here right? Well uh no actually no one blames Superman at all which makes me wonder what the point of it was other than more random explosions? Well it guess it leads to another bullshit dream sequence but this time with Superman's dad on top of a mountain chopping wood saying things that didn't really seem to relate to anything happening in the movie.
We learn as well later Lex Luthor has been sending Batman random messages insulting him that he has never actually read to try and get him to hate superman I think? Well Batman seems to suddenly know that he's being used by Lex Luthor and then steals Kryponite from him off screen so he can go fight superman anyway.

Lex Luthor seems happy about this even though his like a 100 of men died earlier stopping murderman (batman) getting the kyrponite.

Lex then decides he's gonna kidnap supermans mom and girlfriend.

Superman can sense his girlfriend from a million miles away for some reason but not his mother.

Lex Luthor tries to challenge superman here and force him to kill Batman who he now hates too for some reason by giving his mother a 30 minute time limit he never tells Superman this though.
In closing this movie was garbage and if you liked it besides in any other way than to laugh at it then sorry you're an idiot and likely a batman fanboy who can't see things objectively I hope you kill yourself.
>>
>>67912270
because Lex looked into a magic mirror and decidedly picked up some random chick named Martha because the ball told him to do so and it also told him who to send the, "you could have saved your family" memes to Bruce Wayne..and it told him to introduce Bruce, who he sent the paper clipping to, to Clark, some dude with a mother named Martha.

Why was people in the South Tower of world trade after seeing a plane run into the other building.

Superman gave a shit about Kryptonite and simply wanted to stop the Bat from being a brute.

I can answer the chopper thing easily enough, Big light show coming from ship for several days now, Lois looks at Morpheus with a deep concerned look that says more than s he could explain. Lois knew big bad monster had something to do with Kryptonian ship. Spear hurt Krypton boyfriend, spear hurt monster that she already knew originated from Krypton ship.

You mean why did Batman choose to HUNT his prey instead of waiting for his PREY to return to their lair? You forgot that whole part When Bruce envied his ancestors who were HUNTERS and made their fortunes off of pelts and animal hides.

Because Lex wanted Bruce to be Batman. Why would he go through all that trouble to set it up so that Bruce could steal his shit if he let tall leg Japanese woman get in the way.

>Other than Product placement

It answered itself.

How did Lex Luthor, a lobbyist , get his hands on confidential intel from Representatives and Senators of congress. Lemme think...How did LOBBYIST GET HIS HANDS ON SENSITIVE INFORMATION FROM MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE....MMMMMM..
everyoneshutthefuckupI'mtryingtothink.jpg

Why would Lex, a weebo omnisexual socially castrated weird shit, use his blood to aide in bringing a monster to life...hmmmmmmm
everyoneshutthefuckupi'mtryingtothink.jpg

What was Lex's plan for doomsday if the military couldn't stop it. HMMMMM. Project meta humans, maybe?
Obviously joker got locked up and Wayne snaps thereafter.
>>
>>67913222
Lex isn't trying to frame superman as he is creating a public relations nightmare. Lex could give a shit if Supes is framed for anything. It's all a smear campaign. he's slinging as much shit as he can in the hope just a bit of it sticks.

Lex wants to kill god. That's it. If God's all knowing and all powerful then he's obviously not all benevolent and if he is benevolent then he's not all knowing and all powerful. Why did Elliot Euroasian kill 5 people. Why did another Euroasian kill his entire family. Why did a love spurned postal worker kill a dozen people. Why did Eric and Dylan kill more than a dozen people why did that korean guy kill all those people why did bald headed black revolutionary leader kill police officers and then died gloriously fighting the LA Pigs?

People do weird shit all the time, it's why they're special and people like you and I, isn't.
>>
>>67912270
>>
>>67913444
>Lex isn't trying to frame superman as he is creating a public relations nightmare. Lex could give a shit if Supes is framed for anything. It's all a smear campaign. he's slinging as much shit as he can in the hope just a bit of it sticks.
So he commits high treason, terrorism, and murder just to make Superman look slightly worse according to Nancy Grace? This is the DCCU's version of Lex Luthor?

>People do weird shit all the time, it's why they're special and people like you and I, isn't.
Pretty weak explanation for why the antagonist was motivated tbphwyf.
>>
>>67913100
You are retty dumb if you have those questions.
>>
I actually loved the movie, but yeah, the lois/spear thing completely threw me off and made no fucking sense.

He already had a small amount of kryptonite that he gave to old scientist guy, who used it on Zod.

Wonder Woman was flying home I guess.

She was convinced by his excuse I guess. She saw him start leaving the room.

I have no clue why the Wayne people took so long to evacuate. I guess they were scared to go outside with all the destruction.

I'm not 100% sure what the deal was with the bullets, but to my understanding, they blame his presence for causing the killings, Seemed unnecessary.

Sports beat?

Clark is apparently a somewhat well known journalist, he didn't cover sports exclusively. Lex introduced them cause he knew who they both were.

Since it wasn't for work, he figured it was a serious emergency. He put it on the roof cause it's faster.

Superman didn't know there was kryptonite or what it does. He just saw Batman chasing cars and blowing shit up so he stopped him.

The tracker was so he would be able to track it in the batmobile and not lose track of it during the chase. He wanted to just use the batmobile because it would be easier than breaking into a highly secure building.

Doomsday was made as a last ditch effort to kill superman. Presumably he learned about how to create doomsday from the kryptonian robot things. According to Eisenberg, Lex got crazier as the movie went on, so his plans made progressively less sense.

Doomsday needed kryptonian DNA mixed with something else to be created. Lex used his own DNA to be symbolic presumably.

The "Martha" scene was supposed to show Batman viewing Superman as a person for the first time. Up to this point, he viewed him as nothing more than a monster, ("You aren't a god... you were never even a man") So learning that Superman had a mother he loved with the same name as his own struck a cord in him. Could have been executed better though.

cont.
>>
>>67913647
BECAUSE IF THERE'S ANYTHING YOU SAW FROM LEX IN THAT MOVIE, IT WAS HIM BEHAVING RATIONALLY!

Fucking Hell you marvelcucks.

It's pretty weak that Lex who was shown to be fucking crazy, behaved, crazy? Fuck. if you don't like this interpretation of Lex then just say so, but to even suggest some kind of weak plot asspull is rather dumb.
>>
>>67913104
>>67913134
>>67913156

wow somebody is a retard
>>
>>67912270

I will only do this once so retards like you can be shut.

>>Why did Lois Lane throw the spear into the water? How did she know to go back and get the spear?
She saw what it could do to a Krytonian, and there as a kryptonian monsters.
>>How did Luthor have footage of Zod's body being cut by Kryptonite before the government gave him Zod's body, and before he had the fucking Kryptonite?
He is Lex Luthor he can get everything he wants, has peole inside the military. Small pieces of K had been found before
>>Other than product placement, why was Wonder Woman on that plane?
She as leaving the city.
>>Why did Lex's asian assistant leave Bruce in the restricted server room after she found him there?
Lex kne bruce was Batman, it was all bait.
>>Why wouldn't the people in the Wayne building already be evacuating?
You are not supose to evacuate buildings in earthquakes. They didnt understood what was happening.
>>Why did people think Superman shot a bunch of people in Africa?
No one did, people think his intervention made the niggers attack the civillians after he left
>>Was Clark on the sports beat?
What?
>>Why would Lex excitedly introduce billionaire Bruce Wayne to some shitty sports journalist for the local paper?
He knew their identities and was playing with them.
>>Why did Morpheus give Lois Lane the chopper ON THE ROOF just because she said "it isn't for work" or whatever? Do newspaper editors have a lot of clout in the short-notice helicopter charter industry? Why would a helicopter pilot fly into the middle of a giant city-wide arc flash hazard? Why would he be allowed to? fuck you are dumb
>>
>>67912270
>Other than product placement, why was Wonder Woman on that plane?

She went to Metropolis to get her photo. After she got it she would go back to where she lived (apparently Paris)
>>
>>67913224
>Superman gave a shit about Kryptonite and simply wanted to stop the Bat from being a brute.
But if he "gave a shit about Kryptonite," why would he be okay with blatantly-scheming Luthor having it? Dude's got Zod's body, Zod's ship, and now a shipment of Kryptonite? Why is Superman such an oblivious dipshit?
>I can answer the chopper thing easily enough, Big light show coming from ship for several days now, Lois looks at Morpheus with a deep concerned look that says more than s he could explain. Lois knew big bad monster had something to do with Kryptonian ship. Spear hurt Krypton boyfriend, spear hurt monster that she already knew originated from Krypton ship.
But she didn't know about the spear, and he didn't know what her "not about work" issue was, and he didn't even inquire. Pretty shitty newsman tbqh. Why would the paper be paying for a reporter to charter helicopter flights for personal issues anyway? Pretty sure that's embezzling.
>Why would he go through all that trouble to set it up so that Bruce could steal his shit if he let tall leg Japanese woman get in the way.
That's a good question. Why would Luthor do that? If Luthor was intentionally giving Wayne all that data, why? Wayne having it didn't help him at all.
>>
>>67913725
You are retty dumb if you don't.
>>
Can't we all agree it's just the kind of movie you need to turn your brain off to enjoy? :^)
>>
File: its over.gif (493 KB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
its over.gif
493 KB, 300x166
I heard they are re-shooting a shit ton of Suicide Squad because of Batcuck vs Supercuck's failuire?

Like they're trying to make it more light-hearted and more comedic.

Is this true?
>>
>>67913944
>She went to Metropolis to get her photo. After she got it she would go back to where she lived (apparently Paris)
Why would she travel to Metropolis just to get something that she can and does literally receive in an email?
>>
why did lex send his asian assistant into the courtroom if he was going to blow it up?

why did wonderwoman grab the thing batman put in lex's server room? she clearly didn't even get the information off of it because he had to send it to her later in the movie
>>
>>67913737

According to the artbooks and tie-in media, Batman doesn't kill. We're supposed to suspend disbelief and just assume everyone he blows up miraculously survives or that they only died on accident.

Superman trusts him to save his mom because he ended up letting him live and seemed sincere, and Superman is very trusting and naive.

Zod was created through some special means that he learned from the scout ship's AI in the previous scene. It presumably used Zod's body as the catalyst or something.

Doomsday wasn't his plan until he learned about it from the ship's AI.

He killed the senator and made Superman look bad at the same time. 2 birds one stone.

He's been hunting/researching metahumans and keeping all the evidence he finds. Probably came up with the logos for his own amusement.

Superman wasn't rebellious, he made it pretty clear in the last movie that he wants to work with the government. Superman dislikes the way Batman does things due to his brutality. Superman does a lot more saving people from natural disasters and accidents, rather than fighting criminals.
>>
>>67912270
>>Why did Superman stop Batman from stealing the Kryptonite from Lex? Why was Superman cool with Lex having a big shipment of Kryptonite?
Superman saw Batman attacking some minor criminals, he didnt knew ryptonite existed, he only saw lead boxes.
>>Why was the that whole sequence in the movie when it literally accomplished no forward momentum in the plot? If all Batman needed to do was get a tracker on the truck then sneakily break in later, why didn't he just do that instead of murdering a bunch of people for literally no reason?
It was easier to grab it there than to stole it from the Heavily protected lab. Also he didnt kill anyone there.
>>What was Lex's plan for Doomsday if Batman had killed Superman? What was Lex's plan for Doomsday if Doomsday killed Superman? The military couldn't kill it and Lex didn't have any Kryptonite. What exactly was Lex's plan to begin with? And why?
A) He would stop DD creation if either superman or batman killed. B) He doesnt care about casualities, he had more kryptonite, he could wait for more to be found, had his metahuman experiments going, he didnt give a fuck.
>>Why would Lex's shitty DNA be of any benefit in Doomsday's creation?
Did you miss the whole Frankenstein/Prometheus thing Lex was going for?
>>Where's the graphic designer Lex hired to make superhero logos?
That was dumb
>>Martha?
You are a retard if you didnt got that.
>>
>>67913737
>Sports beat?
Morpheus repeatedly demands to know why Clark isn't giving him sports stories. That would imply that Clark works for the sports writing department of the paper. It's not like IRL reporters do investigative journalism one day and report on sports stats the next. They're different departments. So why is there so much confusion about what Clark is supposed to be doing? If he's a sports writer who literally never does his job, why is he still employed? If he's an investigative reporter, why is his editor demanding he write about sports? Either way, all of the Morpheus dialogue is fucking nonsense.

>Since it wasn't for work, he figured it was a serious emergency. He put it on the roof cause it's faster.
But let's consider the logic here. He refuses to expense it when he thinks it is actually work related, because it's too expensive. But when it's a personal issue, he's suddenly "no questions asked" PUT IT ON THE ROOF. What if her dog needed to be let out? He wouldn't know because he didn't fucking ask.
>>
>>67913940
>>67914159

>>Why would fucking Superman trust Batman to save his mom?
He knos batman has seved hundreds before
>>If this version of Batman has no problem killing, why is the joker still alive?
He started killing just 18 months before, after zod's attack.
>>How exactly was Doomsday created? Was it Zod's body?
Zod body using the "fire of the gods" the chamber and Lex's blood.
>>What was the point of repeatedly trying to frame Superman if you're intending to release a big monster to try and kill him?
The point is that if a plan fails, you have several plans more: He is smart and doesnt put all his eggs in one basket.
>>In terms of risk/reward, why in the flying fuck would Lex scheme to blow up congress? What was gained that made that worth it to him? People kind of were mad at Superman for like a day. And if it was about the Lady Senator rejecting his trade agreement or whatever, why had the entire thing already been set in motion?
His first plan failed (using the senator). He wanted to alienate Superman and push batman over the edge, The same Ozymandias did with DR Manhattan.
>>How did Lex get all the files on the other superheroes? Why did he have custom made logos for them?
He investigated them and probably has cought some. He is the smartest person in the world.
>>Why did broody, rebellious vigilante Superman have beef with broody, rebellious vigilante Batman?
He is none of those things, and sees batman as everything his father warned him about humanity could be: Violent and ruthless
>>67914091
>why did lex send his asian assistant into the courtroom if he was going to blow it up?
That tells you Lex doesnt care about others. It's calling exposure.
>>
>>67914363
>>67914359
>>67914159
>>67913983
>>67913940
When you have to explain the answers to these after the movie is over your movie is shit
>>
>>67913983
Damnit man, when did Clark find out Batman and Luthor was after Kryptonite? He didn't know you marvelcuck; do try to keep up.

Yes, she would have known about the Spear, you simpleton. Lois Lane's Perry's best reporter for a reason anon, because she's smarter than she looks. Let's think. Light show from Alien show been going on for some time. Perry sees the ship's light show is intensifying. Lois needs the helicopter, ALIEN LIGHT SHOW OUTSIDE INTENSIFYING, LOIS NEEDS HELICOPTER. What do you think Perry's thinking about at that very moment.
And lastly, Three heroes battling One big powerful Monster who is creating a powerful light show. Last light show was from KRYPTONIAN SHIP....Do you really think Lois would have thought the two was unrelated? I mean were it you, obviously you wouldn't have gotten it and everyone would have been probably dead.

>That's a good question. Why would Luthor do that? If Luthor was intentionally giving Wayne all that data, why? Wayne having it didn't help him at all.

Listen you, this is not a marvel movie or star wars films starring maRey Sues, this is Batman V Superman, and to get through it, you're going to have to put your thinking cap on from time to time.
It's like some years ago, and by some years I mean closer to twenty where the Riddler left a clue for Batman that went over an issue or two.
Here's the clue.

2B
CC

Don't know How this is going to format so i'll simply say it's 2B over CC
>>
>>67914473
It means that you guys are dumb. There's no other thing to say when all the information is in the movie.
>>
>>67914574
Well you're obviously wrong because this movie bombed hard.

Have fun feeling superior to nobody, DC cuck.
>>
>>67913769
>BECAUSE IF THERE'S ANYTHING YOU SAW FROM LEX IN THAT MOVIE, IT WAS HIM BEHAVING RATIONALLY!
The movie explicitly shows Lex rationalizing his behavior with all kinds of 3deep horseshit about Gods and whatever. He's presented as "crazy enough to go there," not "literally disorganized psychotic." His plan obviously involved lots of ground work and prep time and thought, so the idea that the bad writing can be excused by him being a lunatic doesn't really fit.
The problem isn't that Lex behaved in a way that was irrational from the point-of-view of a clinical psychologist. And if you want to make a movie that's a reflection of disorganized mania, perhaps an $800,000,000 movie isn't the place to do that. Particularly when it's helmed by a /fit/fag dipshit.

The problem is that nothing Lex does really accomplish anything for himself or the narrative. The African bullets and congress bomb could have deleted from the film and nothing of significant import would have been lost.

> Fuck. if you don't like this interpretation of Lex then just say so, but to even suggest some kind of weak plot asspull is rather dumb.
But why bother making it Lex if he's basically just a shitty version of Ledger Joker?

And you're pretty desperate to suggest that Lex's nonsensical plan was an intentional "interpretation."
>>
>ITT: TL;DR
>>
>>67914363

What is the "fire of the gods"?
>>
>>67913769
Lex is supposed to be smart. It's fine if his motI various are insane, but the way he goes about his plan is completely nonsensical and retarded
>>
>>67914704
So you're mad that his plan wasn't crazy enough for him to be believably crazy because he put too much PLANNING into his madness?

Wait, so you're saying that Lex putting too much effort into his grandiose plan of at the very least shitting on a god, means he's obviously not that crazy because crazy people when behaving crazily are incapable of PLANNING?

Just like the other guy, you're more pissed with Lex being intrepreted t his way instead of there actually being anything wrong with the movie or the character.

you're like those people who hated on the Matrix Sequels and Neo's failure to FREE humanity because according to Morpheus he was told by the Oracle that the one would FREE ALL HUMANITY from the tyranny of the machine world. When he, Morpheus, said in the very same movie that the ORACLE would tell you WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR.
Morpheus also said that MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT READY FOR THE REAL WORLD AND WOULD DIE TO PROTECT THE MATRIX.

Listen you, when watching movies, it's in your best interest not to gloss over points. But you're a marvelcuck disney tirara princess cuck, right? So stick to those movies bruv, because those don't require you to think.
>>
>>67914363
>He knos batman has seved hundreds before
But he also "knos" that batman is a fucking human. Superman could have gotten to the location and taken out literally every henchman in that building in a few seconds. Why trust that a dude will be able to transpo there and then fistfight his way to save her in the next 10 minutes?
>He started killing just 18 months before, after zod's attack.
Never said that in the movie.
>The point is that if a plan fails, you have several plans more: He is smart and doesnt put all his eggs in one basket.
But the plans aren't exactly smart. Blowing up congress with a wheelchair your company apparently owns and a person you've been bankrolling for months isn't smart. Blowing up congress just to make Supes look like a dickhead is a lot of unnecessary exposure. Using super-special bullets that can be directly traced back to your company in a big African murder conspiracy isn't smart.
>The same Ozymandias did with DR Manhattan.
Yeah no shit. The only 2 comics Hack Snyder's apparently ever read are Watchmen and TDKR. Dr. Manhattan was a cool character because he subverted Superman, but trying as he clearly has to make Superman like Dr. Manhattan is annoying as fuck.
>He is the smartest person in the world.
Got caught committing basically every crime there is, including treason and terrorism, for basically no coherent reason. Not that smart.
>He is none of those things, and sees batman as everything his father warned him about humanity could be: Violent and ruthless
Except we see Superman violently and ruthlessly take out a bad guy in the Africa scene. That dude would be dead. Plus MOS neck snapping. If he was standard characterized Superman, I'd agree with you, but Synder superman isn't really different than standard Batman.
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 183x275
>>67914775
Did you miss the Prometheus speech Luthor gave when talking about books?

What did Luthor used to "activate" Doomsday?
Electricity.

Luthor = Doc Frankenstein
Doomsday = Adam
The fire of the gods = Nature turned science, knowledge, lightning.

His Arc is about a man that thinks he is above other men and uses knowledge to create life. His actions are both devilish from a christian point of view (human creating life, a "devil"). And a call for the actions from prometheus: He uses the knowledge of the gods, in this case the Kryptonian information of 100,000 worlds. He stoles their "fire".

This is the same Universe where the "champion of the gods" calls for a Magic lightning.

Pic related
>>
>>67912270
>>67912526
I would say 90% of those questions have answers that are explained in the movie or you have to use your brain to answer them.

There are some legitimate ones like why did Morpheus give Lois a chopper. But that doesn't make a movie bad.
>>
>>67914473
OR the viewer is a retard. But no one wants to think they are.
>>
>>67913647
At least I remember who the villain was
>>
>>67915073
>Did you miss the Prometheus speech Luthor gave when talking about books?

Nah I haven't seen the movie yet, will go to the cinema tomorrow.
Just asked becuase I don't know shit about comics and wanted to know just in case, thanks.

Something more.
Should I wait a few months to download a good torrent or is one of those movies that you need to see in the big screen?
>>
>>67915140
The light show from the alien ship was intensifying and Lois ask for a chopper ride to go out there in the danger some where to do something. She looked at him in a way that said she really needed it. Like, really needed it.
Perry was more concerned with the alien Kryptonian ship lightshow.
>>
>>67915209
I have the torrent But I watched it in theaters. Theaters Bruv, that's the way to go. And I can't wait for the blu ray with the behind the scenes. Let's make hollywood great again, support BVS.
>>
>>67914953
>So you're mad that his plan wasn't crazy enough for him to be believably crazy because he put too much PLANNING into his madness?
I'm not "mad" at all. I'm just saying he's clearly not presented as being fucking retarded, which makes his retarded schemes that much more blaring.
>Wait, so you're saying that Lex putting too much effort into his grandiose plan of at the very least shitting on a god, means he's obviously not that crazy because crazy people when behaving crazily are incapable of PLANNING?
He's portrayed as being a Machiavellian psychopath, not a disorganized schizophrenic. The problem is that his plan, with any scrutiny, is a lot closer to the latter.

>Just like the other guy, you're more pissed with Lex being intrepreted t his way instead of there actually being anything wrong with the movie or the character.
Feel like I've pretty explicitly stated what was wrong with his character, from a narrative point of view. His Africa scheme is stupid and doesn't really amount to much. His congress scheme is self-defeating and doesn't really amount to much. His trying to "shit on a god" by committing high treason is a waste of time when his endgame is to literally try and create a stronger god to kill that god. The Africa subplot and the congress subplot could have been completely deleted from the film with no significant problems. That's bad writing.

As to the fact that they tried to parrot what was successful in TDK by turning Lex Luthor into the Joker, that's just frosting on the shit cake. As Nolan demonstrated, you can change comic characters in their movie adaptation, but they still have to work from a filmmaking perspective.
> But you're a marvelcuck disney tirara princess cuck, right?
So am I a marvelcuck or am I a butthurt DC fan that didn't like their "interpretations?" Seems like you're reaching pretty hard to find ad hominem reasons to deflect from the fact that the film is a dumpster fire.
>>
>>67915258
Yep, just saw it today, I can't believe the reviewers gave it so much shit, even if they didn't like the movie it wasn't as bad as they made it out to be.
>>
File: noreason.gif (994 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
noreason.gif
994 KB, 500x286
>>67912270
>Why...?

Easy...
>>
>>67915258
>>67915306
>I can't believe the reviewers gave it so much shit

This is what I'm afraid, I like marvel movies but I like DC too, I liked MoS but that one I didn't see on cinemas.
I don't want to happend the same again, but I'm afraid to the special efectsthey said that shit looks like video games, so that's where I doubt.
>>
>>67915409
Nah, effects were fine, pretty similar to Man of Steel, if you liked that, you will like this.
>>
>>67913224
>Why was people in the South Tower of world trade after seeing a plane run into the other building.

Didn't they evacuate shortly after or at least try to but they can't? Those fuckers in Wayne tower are just watching that terraforming thing from a distance instead of trying to evacuate.
>>
>>67915493

That's all, tomorrow I'm going for it.
Thanks fag.
>>
>>67915288
Here's what we know. Lex got to play creator and make something that was of his flesh. Long after he was dead, this travesty, this abomination, this killer of gods would have his dna inside of it. If you could make a devil that would survive you and reign horror across the universe long after you were gone, would you not try to create it.

Lex wasn't the joker, Lex, was Lex. Why do you people insist on branding every eccentric villain, the joker? But then you're only fan of American Fiction. Japanese anime has just as much looney bad guys who'd have grandiose plans and behave maniacally throughout.

Please don't introduce that useless jargon here. The Jargons of Logic is so much, bullshit.

If I insulted you by branding you a marvel and Disney cuck, I humbly apologize.

>>67915306
It was more of Muh Chris Reeve Superman and Muh Nolan Batman was not like this.
>>
>>67915073
That's a nice reading and it probably was their intent when they wrote it initially.
But the problem is, Luthor's fucking "Arc" involves a ridiculous amount of unnecessary filler that detracts from that point. They should have honed his character and made that shit be his singular focus. Instead they have him saying all his first draft Prometheus monologue stuff to a senator while trying to secure meaningless trade deals that don't really matter at all in the ultimate conclusion of the story. It's The Phantom Menace all over again. BVS is needlessly, annoyingly cluttered with subplots and instead of dialing in one solid theme to focus on, Snyder took the shotgun approach and threw in a bit of everything.

Let's consider the Nolan trilogy. Each film could easily be summed up by a one word theme. BB is about dealing with FEAR. TDK is about dealing with CHAOS. TDKR is about dealing with PAIN.

What is MOS about? What is BVS about? When you try to touch on everything your movie ends up being about nothing.
>>
>>67915493
>Nah, effects were fine
This is bait. It looks fine because 90% of the movie is people standing around talking, and doesn't need much cgi. The doomsday fight looks like pure ass, and will be prequel-tier inside of 5 years
>>
>>67915409
MOS was great but BVS was better in every possible way.

>>67915494
Those people in the south tower was busy watching the fire and people jumping when the second plane hit their building.

It's like Prometheus debris scene, you remember the debris scene, yeah? The scene dubbed debris because molten plasma from the ship was falling all around except for the foot print of the falling ship and people were all like, "Why did they run in the shadow of the ship, why not run to the side."

Even though the scene was called DEBRIS! I mean with all the molten magma falling all around you'd think people would be smart enough to think and say, "Had any of those ladies left the shadow of the falling ship they would have gotten hit by one of the millions of pieces of falling molten debris and probably died in agony."

But nope. Everyone bitched as to why they ran in the shadow of the falling ship.

SEPTEMBER 11? EVERYONE RAN IN THE SHADOW OF THE FALLING BUILDING AND NOT A FRIGGEN ONE RAN ZIG ZAG! And there wasn't any molten debris falling either.
>>
>>67915734
Nope, just watched Man of Steel yesterday, effects were fine, they are probably going to be better.
>>
>>67915793
they will be fine in 5 years as well
>>
>>67915688
here's where the tire meets the road, anonymous user; please list those needless scenes of his.

In almost every negative review, I saw comments like this, but no examples. So please, define for us what were the unnecessary filler involving Lex that 'detracted' from the point.
>>
>>67915540
>Lex got to play creator and make something that was of his flesh. Long after he was dead, this travesty, this abomination, this killer of gods would have his dna inside of it. If you could make a devil that would survive you and reign horror across the universe long after you were gone, would you not try to create it.
No I get it. Everyone gets it. Lex explains that shit like 5 times in the movie before it's explicitly shown. Nobody doesn't get the "point" of Lex Luthor infusing his blood into Doomsday, the issue is that they tried so hard to make an /r/iamverysmart thematic point and sacrificed general logic to do so. It's almost the definition of the "just turn off your brain" kind of filmmaking that DC fags endlessly accuse Marvel of doing. Luthor mixing his blood with Zod makes a thematic point, but logically it's just frustrating. How would his blood + an alien corpse create Doomsday?

>Lex wasn't the joker, Lex, was Lex
eh.
>Why do you people insist on branding every eccentric villain, the joker?
Because he's clearly aping off the trope that the Joker popularized. For the first 2 acts he's a self-destructive "agent of chaos" type that says weird philosophical musings in various business meetings. He even dresses like him and has fucking Ledger-length hair.
>Japanese anime has just as much looney bad guys who'd have grandiose plans and behave maniacally throughout.
Existence of other similar tropes doesn't change the obvious fact that DC has been desperately trying to recreate what worked in the TDK trilogy. They're not parroting Kakihara from Ichi the Killer, they're parroting Ledger Joker.
>>
File: cant.png (390 KB, 698x516) Image search: [Google]
cant.png
390 KB, 698x516
>>67912270
Can /tv/ ever pay attention to a movie? Or does it need a cuckold scene to get your attention?
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Why%20did%20Lois%20Lane%20throw%20the%20spear%20into%20the%20water%3F/
>>
>>67912717
Why is Ben Affleck donning the JUST cut? It was Snyder's fuck up. Not his. He's one of the most common praised things about the movie.
>>
My friend was playing with his phone and dozing off the entire time at the cinema. I have NEVER seen him do that during a movie.

NEVER!

It all just washed over me as a much of a muchness. It did not help that the cinema I saw it at had the audio blasting far too loudly either.

I've watched some poor cape shit before but this was pure bat guano and super poop.
>>
God I can't wait for the directors cut 3 hours version of this film.

I know of 2 scenes so far. Clark in blackgate, asking criminals about Batman, and an extended mountain dream sequence where Zod taunts Clark. We temptation of Christ now.

It's gonna be great.
>>
>>67916084
How can you apply General Logic to a person who suffered an abusive childhood?
If anything the only point they made about Lex is how overly essentric he was. Like when he shoved the jolly rancher in the guy's mouth. How many dudes do you know or have heard of puts his fingers along with a piece of candy into a congressman's mouth, IN PUBLIC?

Where does it say brilliant people are not allowed to be mad as a hatter?

How would Lex and Zod's blood make Doomsday?
Jeez man, that's as sensible as asking why yellow Sun makes Kryptonians gods. It's a society with technology 100 thousand years ahead of our own. Seriously, that's a question, like that's a legitimate reason why the movie was less? How an ancient Kryptonian ship was able to merge to species DNA to recreate the ancient travesty? That's the straw that broke the camel's back, for you?

>Because he's clearly aping off the trope that the Joker popularized. For the first 2 acts he's a self-destructive "agent of chaos" type that says weird philosophical musings in various business meetings.
>He even dresses like him and has fucking Ledger-length hair.

Really? That's your proof? That's your reason as to why the movie sucked? Because he fashioned his loony behavior around the caricature of another Loon that's no longer canon in this interpretation? So it's not that the movie is in any way less. You and the other reviewers simply don't like the direction the character took. See that explains everything.
>>
>>67914070
Because it's hidden in LexCorp mainframe, she only receives via email from Bruce because he got the files

C'mon, did you even watch the movie? I'm not even defending the movie, it's bad.
>>
>>67915839
>here's where the tire meets the road, anonymous user; please list those needless scenes of his.
Kind of been doing that this entire thread. Almost everything Luthor did and was responsible for in the first 2 acts ultimately didn't matter. The time spent having Lois track down the bullet and essentially everything about the Africa subplot didn't matter. Luthor's politicking and treason subplot ultimately didn't matter. He blew up congress, which really upset Nancy Grace and completely ended that subplot with no real stakes or change for the protagonists. And in the third act that shit matters even less because turns out he made Doomsday. His arc should have been the sequence of events that led to Doomsday's creation, but in BVS he get's Zod's body and the ship early in the first act, then the movie spends the next hour filling time with boring, unimportant side plots.
>>
>Why didn't the eagles just fly the ring to Mordor?
>How could he see the Kobayashi logo on the BOTTOM of the mug?
>Who put the poster back on the wall after Andy went through the tunnel?
>>
>>67916354
Because more of those dream sequences is what this movie needs, sure.
>>
>>67912270
1. Spear could kill superman. No idea, but Lois could know that it could kill superman so why not monster man judging by batman attacking supes with it.
2.Idk probably 4chan
3.I forgot this part of the movie, no idea
4.She probably would have gone back if he was in there for more than a minute after that scene
5.idk I forget
6.Idk details must have been left out, he killed that one dude why not everyone else
7.because he knew them both and didn't want to be a rude asshole and uplay the other dude while saying "who are you" or some shit to the other guy
8.I have no idea, Morpheus is probably really wealthy if he has a paper shit stil open
9.idk
10.Lex whole plan is with Darkseid a bunch of shit was cut out and DC will probably explain more.
11.More material to create from Kryptonians were highly advanced
12.He made them himself
13.that was retarded
14.idk but he probably didn't have another choice
15.Joker could be robin in Snyderverse
>>
>>67916529
Yea, the film version was gutted as fuck, and it's a pretty important scene is Clark's character development. The full scene should be great.
>>
Why does Superman get triggered when Batman is brutal to criminals (the branding) when they do the same shit?
>>
>>67912526
1. Yeah and Lex' DNA and some ancient kryptonian DNA
2.His whole plan was to kill supes for Darkseid might as well try as many things as possible Batman was his certain option and Doomsday was his trump card.
3. Because she didn't give him the kryptonite
4.years of events before the movie
5.Superman really didn't it was Batman who really hated superman because he was an uncontrollable entitiy
>>
>>67916529
And more Jesus allegories
yay
>>
File: I don't believe this shit.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
I don't believe this shit.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>67913769
>HE ACTS IRRATIONALLY, THIS IS GOOD WRITING!
>>
>>67916726
>not getting the point of Jesus allegories
THE PELBS, THEY BE MULTIPLYING
>>
HONEST QUESTION:

Why did Batman refrain from branding Luthor at the very last moment?
>>
>>67916805
"I have him in life, I won't fail him in life"

He wants to stop being a petty hypocritical douchebag
>>
>>67913065

1. I believe he tried to talk him down and then he shot kryptonite gas at him
2. Because of Darkseid
3. Human blood, Ancient Kryptonian blood and Kryptonian blood made Doomsday. He was an abomination, Lex blood was living material
4. mopey?
5. Doomday could have just lasered it, moved out of the way etc
5.because a ton of people hate superman because of who he is

These are stupid questions at least OP and some other dudes had pointless garbage "plot-holes"

Movies main issue was horrible dialogue and rushed plot.
>>
>>67916482

>Kind of been doing that this entire thread. Almost everything Luthor did and was responsible for in the first 2 acts ultimately didn't matter. The time spent having Lois track down the bullet and essentially everything about the Africa subplot didn't matter.

How many artist signs their signature on a painting? All of them. Everyone.

>Luthor's politicking and treason subplot ultimately didn't matter.

Blowing up the congress wasn't his first choice. He had a plan b. And who doesn't. Normal people that's who. People like yourself. You're probably one of those people who puts all your eggs in one basket just because.

>which really upset Nancy Grace and completely ended that subplot with no real stakes or change for the protagonists

this is why I stated earlier that Movies of this caliber's not for the casual viewer.

Right after that Nancy Grace bit, PEOPLE WERE BURNING SUPERMAN DUMMIES.

Lex through a bunch of shit and mud and didn't care much what sticked and what didn't. Either way, mud or shit ruins Superman. People would start to vilify him.

>And in the third act that shit matters even less because turns out he made Doomsday.

Where were you when Lex looked At zod's body sympathetically, crying even? Where were you during that poignant scene?
Lex saw zod as an imperfect mortal like himself who dared oppose god and died because of it. That's why he touched Zod so tenderly. Did you watch the movie or are you trolling.
And he wanted to create Doomsday anyway.

>but in BVS he get's Zod's body and the ship early in the first act, then the movie spends the next hour filling time with boring, unimportant side plots.

what boring unimportant side plots? List them please.

>>67916777
I know you've just started coming across complex villains but bare with us, yeah?

Villains, young one, are sometimes brilliant, but are at the same time, batshit crazy.

brilliant, yet irrational.
>>
>>67916452
>How can you apply General Logic to a person who suffered an abusive childhood?
stupid question.
>If anything the only point they made about Lex is how overly essentric he was. Like when he shoved the jolly rancher in the guy's mouth. How many dudes do you know or have heard of puts his fingers along with a piece of candy into a congressman's mouth, IN PUBLIC?
nobody is saying he can't be eccentric. Nobody is saying he can't be literally insane. Once again, you generally want your antagonist to actually antagonize the protagonists with significant stakes, particularly in the second act. That's generally accomplished by them having a scheme that isn't a retarded dead end.

And also, the Jolly Rancher bit is straight up some Joker shit.

>Really? That's your proof?
This is really part of the problem that /tv/ is facing. Children that don't have a frame of reference for the last 8 years demanding proof of things that are overwhelmingly common knowledge. MOS was produced by Nolan, MOS and BVS are written by TDK trilogy writers. TDK set the precedent for most non-marvel capeshit to try and make "gritty" and "deep" adaptations of comic characters that are more "adult" oriented. The fact that we're having to actually discuss the legacy, trends, and precedent set by TDK, particularly in the studio that produced it, is pretty frustrating tbqhwyf. Don't be thick.

>That's your reason as to why the movie sucked?
I've actually listed like 30 problems I could think of off the top of my head. We're talking about one of them.
>>
>>67914010
Fucking torched
>>
>>67913192
>made by reddit
cool now fuck off singer
>>
File: Excuse me princess.jpg (22 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Excuse me princess.jpg
22 KB, 320x240
>>67916855
>Villains, young one, are sometimes brilliant, but are at the same time, batshit crazy.
>HE'S CRAZY, THAT MAKES HIS DUMBASS ACTIONS EXCUSABLE
>>
>>67916909
That's not a stupid question. How many abused kids have you met? I have met a few, in fact, I am one. Not abused by anyone I hold dear of course but by a dyke of a babysitter who thought it fun to sit on a young boy's face and force him to eat her rank smelly cunt.

It forever changes you, is what it does. I have another friend, a friend, a woman, whose mom used to beat her with utility chords. She herself is a shut in who at times pretends to be like everyone else but are known to freak out for no reason, from time to time.

Again, How can you apply logic to some one who was abused as a child?

>nobody is saying he can't be eccentric. Nobody is saying he can't be literally insane. Once again, you generally want your antagonist to actually antagonize the protagonists with significant stakes, particularly in the second act. That's generally accomplished by them having a scheme that isn't a retarded dead end.
And also, the Jolly Rancher bit is straight up some Joker shit.

Our Joker anon, not his. His joker's another Joker entirely. So his portrayal bothered you and not so much any fault of the movie's pacing or overall plot? I thought so.

>This is really part of the problem that /tv/ is facing. Children that don't have a frame of reference for the last 8 years demanding proof of things that are overwhelmingly common knowledge. MOS was produced by Nolan, MOS and BVS are written by TDK trilogy writers. TDK set the precedent for most non-marvel capeshit to try and make "gritty" and "deep" adaptations of comic characters that are more "adult" oriented.
>The fact that we're having to actually discuss the legacy, trends, and precedent set by TDK, particularly in the studio that produced it, is pretty frustrating tbqhwyf. Don't be thick.

Where's these kids you're referring to and what are the things that are wrong with this movie that made it some how shittier that is common knowledge? A lot of rhetoric but no proofs thereof.
>>
>>67916938
I'm losing my mind here with you people. Are you saying the movie's shit because Lex behaved brilliantly although being irrational or that it sucked because he didn't sell to you enough that he was believably irrational although brilliant?
>>
>>67913940
>>>Why wouldn't the people in the Wayne building already be evacuating?
>You are not supose to evacuate buildings in earthquakes. They didnt understood what was happening.

yes you are encouraged to leave building during earthquakes, you are not supose to use the elevators and similar shit you fucking faggot hahahaha
>>
>>67914061
Probably

it looked horrible but it did look like it was going for some very low brow humor

Execs are going to make it even more terrible
>>
>>67917251
Was he even that irrational? I suspect that the deleted scenes in the ship will explain more to what happened to Lex.
>>
>>67916855
>How many artist signs their signature on a painting? All of them. Everyone.
Does this make more sense in your native language?

>Blowing up the congress wasn't his first choice. He had a plan b. And who doesn't. Normal people that's who.
"Normal people" spend months orchestrating the sequence of events and circumstances to have a congressional hearing called about a made-up conspiracy, have it be attended by a person in a wheelchair, have that person in the wheelchair secretly have a bombchair, and have a jar of piss thats a direct reference to a personal conversation they had planted at the scene.... as a plan B.

And his plan B still doesn't make any fucking sense. It barely effected the protagonists at all, and he gained nothing from doing it.

>Right after that Nancy Grace bit, PEOPLE WERE BURNING SUPERMAN DUMMIES.
Which may have been more effective if there hadn't already been multiple instances of people protesting Superman. From the get go the cinematic universe was established as having some people worship and/or like Superman and some people protest and/or hate him. Oh so now the protestors have gone from picketing and yelling to burning effigies? HOW DRAMATIC!

>Either way, mud or shit ruins Superman. People would start to vilify him.
Either way, he's an invincible man god that can fly away from people at supersonic speeds. Superman can handle bad PR. Fucking low stakes horseshit.
>Where were you when Lex looked At zod's body sympathetically, crying even? Where were you during that poignant scene?
I've repeatedly said in this thread that Luthor's Doomsday-related shit was kind of his best part. Not that what you call "poignant" wasn't "hamfisted" to a lot of people.

>Lex saw zod as an imperfect mortal like himself who dared oppose god and died because of it.
When is that established? Zod's corpse was largely a means to an end. He was so tender when he fucking cut off his finger tips and wore them to take control of his ship
>>
>>67917329
Jesus, you sure missed the point of the film bro. Maybe stick to Marvel cartoons where you can take everything at face value.
>>
>>67917310
i'm going by what I saw and from what I saw, he behaved irrationally because he wanted to mess around with god while hypocritically making himself out to be a type of god by creating life. Much like Michael Jackson chasing a child hood Lex was playing with his toys. Sadly his toys are other people.

>>67917329
>Does this make more sense in your native language?

Lex's a prima donna. Unlike you Marvel Cuck's we don't have a Robert Downy Jr explaining as to why the bad guys would go on rants of their plans.
Lex's an attention whore. Most damaged people are. They want to be the center of attention. Not standing in front of a crowd of people though, that shit's debilitating.

>"Normal people" spend months orchestrating the sequence of events and circumstances to have a congressional hearing called about a made-up conspiracy, have it be attended by a person in a wheelchair, have that person in the wheelchair secretly have a bombchair, and have a jar of piss thats a direct reference to a personal conversation they had planted at the scene.... as a plan B.

Normally yes, But this is fantasy anon, FANTASY. Remember the first Star Trek, the one JJ did? Well during the series run, the lifts would take minutes. So much so that Kirk and Spock would have several minutes of dialogue. In J.J. film, it was one maybe three seconds.

Tl;dr WHO HAS MONTHS ANON?

>And his plan B still doesn't make any fucking sense. It barely effected the protagonists at all, and he gained nothing from doing it.

the guy who he gave the jolly rancher was now free to bring in the kryptonite with senator dead. Did you watch the movie or am I being trolled?

>HOW DRAMATIC!

The bombing made the man of steel slink into obscurity and it made more people hate him. more wood on the fire, anon.

>Superman can handle bad PR

Are you trolling? Of course he couldn't, that's the point, he's just a guy from Kansas. Are you trolling me?
Lex was going to make Zod all better, which he kinda did
>>
>>67917187
>That's not a stupid question. How many abused kids have you met? I have met a few, in fact, I am one.
That was unambiguously clear the second you brought it up. Doesn't make it a total non sequitor in relation to character motivation in a fucking superhero movie.
>Not abused by anyone I hold dear of course but by a dyke of a babysitter who thought it fun to sit on a young boy's face and force him to eat her rank smelly cunt.
Hey man we all have shit. My dad was a thrill-seeking sociopath. You got teased by a babysitter? I almost died quite a few times as a child. Life is a series of traumatic events. And might I suggest that maybe you seek out some cognitive-behavioral or trauma therapy for this? Cartoon movie shitpost threads aren't really the ideal forum.

>Again, How can you apply logic to some one who was abused as a child?
Lex Luthor was a billionaire heir and unless I'm missing something he never talked about being abused.

>Our Joker anon, not his. His joker's another Joker entirely. So his portrayal bothered you and not so much any fault of the movie's pacing or overall plot? I thought so.
Are you off your meds, or are you practicing your English?

>Where's these kids you're referring to and what are the things that are wrong with this movie that made it some how shittier that is common knowledge?
You're ridiculous m8. When did you even start becoming aware of industry trends? Like this year?
> A lot of rhetoric but no proofs thereof.
MOS, BVS, Fan4tastic, The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2. All examples of studios trying to make gritty, "adult" adaptations of comic books, based on the precedent set by the TDK trilogy. And MOS and BVS were even written and produced by the same fucking people.
>>
>>67912270
Just watched it and the first scene with Affleck was literally-not figuratively-but literally a Jeep commercial. Come the fuck on, Snyder.

Oh and if it had been any other movie, you DC fanboys would have been all over the "le meme black science man" cameo from Neil deGrasse Tyson.
>>
>>67918226
What kind of car would have been acceptable to you, good sir?
>>
>>67918006
>That was unambiguously clear the second you brought it up. Doesn't make it a total non sequitor in relation to character motivation in a fucking superhero movie.

Remember BSG when the other six who got raped by all the guys of the BS Pegasus because she betrayed Admiral Cain by being a cylon? Remember when Baltar and others were loving her and telling her she was great and treating her like a beloved family member and then she took a nuke and blew up her self and the city ship? Abuse can make the brightest and the smartest of us, behave irrationally. Depression can do the same. Remember that college educated smart girl who had it all and was very gorgeous and brilliant and awesome,who went through great lengths purchasing gifts and writing i love you and thank you letters then jumped ten stories to her death.

>Lex Luthor was a billionaire heir and unless I'm missing something he never talked about being abused.

You forgot his talk with Superman about god being either all powerful and all knowing and not as benevolent or being all benevolent but not as powerful or all knowing. And Superman seemingly being everywhere helping people pissed him off because when his daddy would beat the crap out of him, where was superman.

>Are you off your meds, or are you practicing your English?

It's called spaghetti code, If you understood abuse you'd understand spaghetti code.

>You're ridiculous m8. When did you even start becoming aware of industry trends? Like this year?

you cited points as to why it was shitty and hit back with those are not shitty points but is something you're not down with. It's not the movie's fault that you're not a fan of mayonnaise on your fries.

>MOS, BVS, Fan4tastic, The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2. All examples of studios trying to make gritty, "adult" adaptations of comic books, based on the precedent set by the TDK trilogy. And MOS and BVS were even written and produced by the same fucking people.

Are you a troll?
>>
>>67918288
No, you misunderstand. That scene was literally used as a Jeep commercial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzpQdb5rOOo
>>
>>67918382
Can you elaborate on what the problem is then?
>>
>>67917869
>Unlike you Marvel Cuck's we don't have a Robert Downy Jr explaining as to why the bad guys would go on rants of their plans.
I love how "not liking the BVS dumpster fire" makes me a Marvel Cuck. I've always primarily been a DC fan. But they're fucking up. It's not some dichotomy, and the idea that you support the movie because you're on that corporate team or whatever is fucking retarded.

>But this is fantasy anon, FANTASY.
It's actually superhero action-adventure.

>Tl;dr WHO HAS MONTHS ANON?
Seems to be a pattern of incoherent people defending this incoherent movie. Lex had months.

>the guy who he gave the jolly rancher was now free to bring in the kryptonite with senator dead. Did you watch the movie or am I being trolled?
Except he already had fucking Kryptonite imported before he blew up the Senator. He committed terrorism, murder, and treason to get a trade agreement passed so he wouldn't have to illegally traffic minerals.
>The bombing made the man of steel slink into obscurity and it made more people hate him. more wood on the fire, anon
Superman is immune to fire. The stakes have never been less significant. And again, people were against him before that happened. So Lex Luthor's blew up congress to make Superman's approval rating go down a few points. HOW DEVIOUS!

>Are you trolling? Of course he couldn't, that's the point, he's just a guy from Kansas. Are you trolling me?
Is it that you're on too many drugs, or you're not taking the drugs you're supposed to be taking? He's an unkillable ubermensch. People being mad that he was in the same place as an explosion isn't (and didn't) do much to him. He was kinda bummed for a day.
>>
>>67915181
Was going to say this, it's either the movie or the viewer.
>>
>>67918417
I thought Snyder was supposed to be a "serious filmmaker". I thought BvS was supposed to be shot like a "real film" rather than a TV show like the Marvel movies. Well that all turned out to be bunk and memesters.
>>
>>67918525
I'm quite certain it was not up to him but the studio.
>>
>>67918525
>Well that all turned out to be bunk and memesters.

Did you not see the opening scene. Pretty much better than any sequence in the Marvel movies.
>>
>>67918618
The death of Bruce's parents followed by him being lifted up by a swarm of bats? A little too heavy-handed and on the nose don't you think?
>>
>>67918726
No, I meant the way it was shot, it looked pretty damn good, and wasn't tv-show material
>>
>>67918346
>Remember BSG when the other six who got raped by all the guys of the BS Pegasus because she betrayed Admiral Cain by being a cylon? Remember when Baltar and others were loving her and telling her she was great and treating her like a beloved family member and then she took a nuke and blew up her self and the city ship? Abuse can make the brightest and the smartest of us, behave irrationally. Depression can do the same. Remember that college educated smart girl who had it all and was very gorgeous and brilliant and awesome,who went through great lengths purchasing gifts and writing i love you and thank you letters then jumped ten stories to her death.
Take your risperdal.
>It's called spaghetti code, If you understood abuse you'd understand spaghetti code.
Yeah because all people process trauma the same. I mean, I'm guessing you're probably diagnosed bipolar. How long would you say this manic episode has been going on?
>It's not the movie's fault that you're not a fan of mayonnaise on your fries.
Literally none of the points I've made have been about why the movie failed because it wasn't what I wanted. The movie failed because it's riddled with logical inconsistencies and plot holes. Without even considering the questionable creative decisions, on a technical level the script was overstuffed with unnecessary dogshit and a lot of the dialogue is terrible,
>>
>>67912270
they don't. they think he was responsible for people shooting other people.
>Why would Lex excitedly introduce billionaire Bruce Wayne to some shitty sports journalist for the local paper?
good one. haven't read it yet.
>Why did broody, rebellious vigilante Superman have beef with broody, rebellious vigilante Batman?
this one i think because they see their own failures in the other. so instead of fixing themselves they want to stop others. it's from the bible when jesus tells some guy that people only see others' mistakes but not their own.
>>
>>67918438
>I love how "not liking the BVS dumpster fire" makes me a Marvel Cuck. I've always primarily been a DC fan. But they're fucking up. It's not some dichotomy, and the idea that you support the movie because you're on that corporate team or whatever is fucking retarded.

If you're not a marvel cuck or a disney shill then I do apologize and if you don't like the movie, then don't like it. But don't make it seem as if it's bad and the rest of us are wrong for liking it because it's genuinely bad when its not and you simply don't like it because you're upset he's copying Heath Ledger's joker, or something, And the movie has one too things going on other than Avengers assemble stop ultron or save new york from loki or where in the world is carmen sandieog...i mean luke skywalker.

>It's actually superhero action-adventure.

so the movie's somehow less because the senator didn't wait six months to bring together a congressional hearing as it would have happened in the real world?

>Except he already had fucking Kryptonite imported before he blew up the Senator. He committed terrorism, murder, and treason to get a trade agreement passed so he wouldn't have to illegally traffic minerals.

The white Portuguese had to bring in the Kryptonite that the bat would steal. And the senator especially pissed him off by telling him no. As a normie you'd never understand.

>Seems to be a pattern of incoherent people defending this incoherent movie. Lex had months.

So you're mad that the senator took a few days instead of many months to bring about a congressional hearing? This made the movie less in your eyes?

>Superman is immune to fire. The stakes have never been less significant. And again, people were against him before that happened. So Lex Luthor's blew up congress to make Superman's approval rating go down a few points. HOW DEVIOUS!

You forgot the part where he talked to himself as Jonathan Kent.
>>
File: neil-degrasse-tyson-bvs.jpg (101 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
neil-degrasse-tyson-bvs.jpg
101 KB, 720x400
more literally rebbit than anything in any marvel movie, prove me wrong.
>>
>>67918835
>they think he was responsible for people shooting other people

How is that, exactly? I don't always get everything but I'm fairly certain that that entire plot point didn't add up.
>>
>>67918827
>Take your risperdal.

Point was six behaved irrational by blowing herself up because that's what abused people do, behave irrationally, from time to time.

>Yeah because all people process trauma the same. I mean, I'm guessing you're probably diagnosed bipolar. How long would you say this manic episode has been going on?

It's not about me it's about Lex's motivations ans as to why he was written that way.

>Literally none of the points I've made have been about why the movie failed because it wasn't what I wanted. The movie failed because it's riddled with logical inconsistencies and plot holes. Without even considering the questionable creative decisions, on a technical level the script was overstuffed with unnecessary dogshit and a lot of the dialogue is terrible,

They're not logical inconsistencies because you don't agree with them. You simply don't agree with them. you're one of those people who hated the Matrix Sequels because neo didn't free humanity. ignoring what morpheus said of how no where on earth could support life and that most people don't want the real world.

lex was a smart guy who wanted to at the very least, throw shit at god for failing him when he was a child. his behavior's no different than what Michael Jackson, a full grown adult who would constantly go to toy stores and buy up all the toys and behave like an overgrown child, did.

There are no creative inconsistencies only your feelings.
>>
>>67919013
he went to africa and beat up some terrorists to save amy adams. so politicians believe this caused terrorists to get angry and kill civilians.
>>
>>67912270
JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN, BRO. IT'S JUST A FUN MOVIE. EVEN THAT WB EXEC SAID SO.
>>
File: BvS Explaination.png (143 KB, 1352x1082) Image search: [Google]
BvS Explaination.png
143 KB, 1352x1082
This is literally copy pasta

pic related, so sad you all fell for it
>>
>>67919201
I guess. I'm still unclear on why that African women that was testifying mentioned hearing Superman coming from the sky though. I don't get how it all adds up.
>>
>>67919329
>>67919274
>>
>>67919329
She said it herself, when he left the warlords did a lot more damage than they usually would have. He saved Lois but then left and didn't stop the warlords from retaliating.

he goes in, stirs up shit, and then leaves.

Of course it was Lex's smear campaign.
>>
>>67919274
>they didn't understand what was happening

Lol, they were staring out the window at a spaceship destroying the city. Spin it any way you want but that was stupid.
>>
>>67919483
lol no u idiot, it was just zod and superman fighting at that point. watch the movie
>>
>>67918952
Not the guy you're responding to, but your reply veers into the territory of rambling incoherently.
Also...
>Hurrr Marvel, Hurr Ster Wers, Hurrr Normie, Huurrrr Too Deep
Did you ever consider that you might be taken more seriously and sway more people to your side, by NOT baiting them and acting like a cunt? Think about it.
>>
>>67919514
I did earlier tonight. When Bruce calls the guy to tell him to evacuate, the giant spaceship is clearly visible in the background.
>>
>>67919329
Bitch was on Lex's payroll. Even had him use the "not even to God" line to stoke the senators resentment towards Superman, so that they let him import Kryptonitne into the country and give him Zod.

Shyeeet
>>
I didn't think the movie was great, but these are pretty simple questions to answer.

1. Lois through the spear in the water because it was the quickest way to dipose of the kryptonite (she didn't want anything harming clark), she went back for it because she could see something that reminded her of Zod's heat vision coming from the city and she could see supes as well so there must be somthing else out there and she knows where to get the weapon to stop it
2. Luthor was granted some experimintation with Zod's body but not full custody, which he wanted.
3. Wonder Woman got the photo which she wanted for her memories of Steve Trevor.
4. She and Luthor already know he's Batman, how much damage can he do.
5. Not Sure
6. I kinda assumed the Government wasnt able to examine the bodies and they were off limits.
7. Not sure, not really a problem
8. I'm sure Clark has written more than sports pieces, Lex knows Clark is Supes and Bruce is bats, he wants to gauge their reactions to see if they know
9. Not sure about any of this helicopter stuff, I think Perry assumes Lois needs it for family?
10. Superman wasn't stopping the theft of the Kryptonite, he was trying to stop Batman's vigilante-esque "reign of terror"
11. I think the tracker was just a back up, it's a lot easier to fight people in the Batmobile than it is to fight them Hand to Hand, even if you're batman.
12. Lex wants to prove to the public "If God is all powerful he cannot be all good" (If supes kills Bats for Martha than he's and unstoppable monster) and if he is all good (Doesn't kill bruce) he cannot be all powerful (He gets killed by doomsday). Lex probably assumed his DNA would let him control Doomsday "Blood of my blood".His plan is to prove one way or another that superman is a fraud, because he embodies all of the power Lex wants.
13.To reanimate zod, I assume the genesis chamber needed living cells, once those are added, the genesis chamber could complete all the mutations it wants to
>>
>>67912270
Why did Batman wake up AGAIN after the Flash scene? Wasn't it happening in real life?
>>
>>67919522
It takes a lot of effort to focus on things sometimes so when I'm rambling its me trying hard to hold onto not only interest but to keep in mind exactly what I'm talking about.

But no one, and I mean no one has said what was wrong with the movie other than they didn't like the direction they took with Lex.
>>
>>67919584
Speedforce, ain't gotta explain shit. You're not supposed to know if it's a dream, vision, alternate timeline, nightmare, whatever, just that Flash is trying to convey to Bruce that he is (potentially) right.

It's just a surreal scene because Speedforce, and Speedforce ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>67919584
Why didn't Superman fly behind Doomsday to stab him with the spear? Diana had his arms pinned down with her lasso and Bruce had him weakened with the kryptonite gas.
>>
File: galaxy quest hey alright.gif (930 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
galaxy quest hey alright.gif
930 KB, 200x133
>>67918952
>and the rest of us are wrong for liking it
Nothing wrong with liking schlock. And tbphwyf I don't hate BVS, and there's a lot that I liked a lot.
>Some of the Batman combat sequences were the best-done ever. I think Batfleck has the potential to be the best Batman, I maybe like his "soft suit" costume better than the TDK one. And his TDKReturns Superman-buster suit was great.
>It probably has some of the best aesthetic look in terms of comic book framing, dynamic lighting, set-design, even camera movement.
>I have absolutely no complaints about the practical elements of the production
>I actually liked a lot of Luthor's schtick, mainly because I really liked Ledger Joker.
>And I'm all for lofty philosophical dialogue in a capeshit movie, and I'm fine with it having a "serious" tone.
>I thought the opening sequence was great and I was glad that they made it a point to have the devastation from MOS play a major role in the world-building of BVS.

And that's what I don't understand about a lot the shitposting on /tv/, is that people seem to be incapable of liking or appreciating something AND being critical of it. Or that if you criticize something you have to criticize ALL of it.

If I'm "mad" about anything it's that the problems with the script, the marketing, creative choices, and Snyder's shitty direction in the edit, will end up tanking the franchise. Capeshit is waning, and DC shitting their pants like this is the beginning of the end.
>>
Just a couple other minor nitpicks I noted while watching it earlier tonight:

Cavill is still struggling with that American accent

Amy Adams is a wonderful actress but she is at least 8 years too old for this role
>>
>>67912270
>How does Superman Fly?
>>
>>67919797
>Amy Adams is a wonderful actress but she is at least 8 years too old for this role
It's true :(
>>
>>67919762
I'm with you on the Batman stuff for sure. I loved seeing a comic book Batman done in live action that can actually move quickly and fight like Batman. It's just unfortunate that no matter how high minded these movies are, they're always going to end with a big, loud CGI fest.
>>
>>67919762
DC can save capeshit but only if they break the mold of creativity. Hire random people or those with the best ideas to take your shit into a different direction. keep it fresh, different, weird.
>>
>>67914061
pls no jokerquips
>>
>>67919919
This is kind of an oddball choice, but I'd love to see Spike Jonze take a crack at DC's characters.
>>
>>67912270
>the local paper?
pretty sure the daily planet is DC's New York Times. especially if they can afford to get a helicopter for lois lane at the drop of a hat
>>
>>67919990
There are tens of thousands of people out there right now with crazier, cooler stories than what we've seen. The problem is major studios loves to play it safe. And it cost them in the end.
>>
>>67912270
>So if Superman can travel at supersonic speeds and can catch bullets and shit, does he think faster? Does he experience time differently?
>>
>>67920010
Pretty sure Luther figured out who Superman was immediately. His "disguise" is a pair of glasses for fuck's sake.
>>
>>67920010
So that's even weirder then that there's the confusion about what department Clark Kent is a writer for. If he's a writer for the sports pages, he's a piece of shit employee who should be fired. He consistently doesn't do his assignments and keeps doing shit he wasn't assigned on. But if he's NOT in the sports writing department and he is an investigative reporter, why in the fuck does Morpheus keep demanding he be writing sports copy?

No matter which way you cook it the sports pages side plot/recurring dialogue doesn't make any goddamn scents.
>>
>>67912270
>How did Luthor have footage of Zod's body being cut by Kryptonite before the government gave him Zod's body, and before he had the fucking Kryptonite?
He obviously got it from the dude who gave him access to the body and the ship afterwards.

>Why wouldn't the people in the Wayne building already be evacuating?
Panic. You're on the top floor of a building and a UFO is hovering a few blocks over. You're right, many people would flee the building, but some would feel it's safer inside.

>Was Clark on the sports beat?
Yes. Did you not get that from Perry telling him that he was on the sports beat?

They introduced themselves to each other, then Lex approached to invite Bruce to come and collaborate with him.

>Why would a helicopter pilot fly into the middle of a giant city-wide arc flash hazard? Why would he be allowed to?
News chopper pilots very often fly in dangerous conditions. This is a particularly retarded question.

>Why did Superman stop Batman from stealing the Kryptonite from Lex?
Why would you assume Superman was aware of the Kryptonite?

>Why was the that whole sequence in the movie when it literally accomplished no forward momentum in the plot?
Batman obviously had to be doing something when Superman first confronted him.

>What was Lex's plan for Doomsday?
Who says Lex couldn't control Doomsday? It seemed pretty intent on doing exactly the task Lex wanted it to do. Maybe that's what his blood was for.

>Why would Lex's shitty DNA be of any benefit?
Why not?

>Why is the joker still alive?
I believe the current theory is that Joker used to be Robin. So, guilt.

I agree that the rest of your points are valid. It's a very stupid movie, but when you ask dumb questions like these it detracts from the actual flaws the film has and makes all those who criticise it look silly.
>>
>>67920254
See >>67920085. No matter how "dark" these movies are, there's no getting around how goofy it is that no one at a fucking newspaper seems to notice Clark's remarkable resemblance to Superman and frequent unexplained absences.
>>
>>67919274
>implying all of these questions haven't been asked dozens of times in dozens of ways since the film was released
>implying one dude's answers are all anyone wants
It's a forum, we discuss things. Nobody "fell for" anything.
>>
>>67912270
>>Why did Lois Lane throw the spear into the water? How did she know to go back and get the spear?
if it could hurt superman she wouldn't want it around, and if it could hurt superman maybe it could hurt this guy, especially since he came from the old kryptonian ship. she's a pulitzer prize winner, she's smart
>>How did Luthor have footage of Zod's body being cut by Kryptonite before the government gave him Zod's body, and before he had the fucking Kryptonite?
he had a little bit of kryptonite and maybe he somehow got access to it? he's also got billions of dollars and could seemingly get footage of anything (see the files on the other JL members)
>>Other than product placement, why was Wonder Woman on that plane?
who knows?
>>Why did Lex's asian assistant leave Bruce in the restricted server room after she found him there?
the long con, baby
>>Why wouldn't the people in the Wayne building already be evacuating?
good question
that was a little weird too. and why did they have to kill jimmy olsen?
>>Was Clark on the sports beat?
he's a hothead!
>>Why would Lex excitedly introduce billionaire Bruce Wayne to some shitty sports journalist for the local paper?
local paper? the daily planet is DC's new york times yo.
>>Why did Morpheus give Lois Lane the chopper ON THE ROOF just because she said "it isn't for work" or whatever? Do newspaper editors have a lot of clout in the short-notice helicopter charter industry? Why would a helicopter pilot fly into the middle of a giant city-wide arc flash hazard? Why would he be allowed to?
if you're a heavyweight national paper, you can afford helicopters if you need to. plus i guess her relationship with supes is a matter of public record?

[cont.]
>>
>>67912270
>>Why did Superman stop Batman from stealing the Kryptonite from Lex? Why was Superman cool with Lex having a big shipment of Kryptonite?
he didn't know that's what he was doing, he just figured bats was doing more reckless vigilante stuff. he probably also didn't know about the kryptonite either
>>Why was the that whole sequence in the movie when it literally accomplished no forward momentum in the plot? If all Batman needed to do was get a tracker on the truck then sneakily break in later, why didn't he just do that instead of murdering a bunch of people for literally no reason?
i guess also because he wanted to send a message to lex not to fuck with him and to supes that he was gonna keep doing his thing? yeah, he was pretty reckless with blowing up dudes though.
>>What was Lex's plan for Doomsday if Batman had killed Superman? What was Lex's plan for Doomsday if Doomsday killed Superman? The military couldn't kill it and Lex didn't have any Kryptonite. What exactly was Lex's plan to begin with? And why?
hubris, baby! he figures he's such a super genius that he'll figure it out. plus if batman kills superman, he's on his side with the kryptonite spear, and if supes kills batman, he's superman
>>Why would Lex's shitty DNA be of any benefit in Doomsday's creation?
some sort of pseudoscientific genetic modification abomination, i guess
>>Where's the graphic designer Lex hired to make superhero logos?
huh?
>>Martha?
yeah that was silly. but lol
>>Why would fucking Superman trust Batman to save his mom?
well for one he was in no position to negotiate
>>If this version of Batman has no problem killing, why is the joker still alive?
if the navy seals had no problem with killing, how come it took them so long to find bin laden? who knows, maybe he's been trying but hasn't been able to yet
>>
>>67920376
>Where's the graphic designer Lex hired to make superhero logos?
>huh?

It was kinda goofy that Lex apparently took the time to create logos for each of the meta humans he had under observation. Also, the absence of Green Lantern was especially glaring. Cyborg? Really?
>>
>>67920307
>Yes. Did you not get that from Perry telling him that he was on the sports beat?
Then how was he employed? He literally never did his job. And Perry didn't really tell him that. Clark is pitching stories to do as an investigative reporter. The fact that Morpheus was even listening to him kind of implies that he's an investigative reporter. And it's generally not a thing to have "the sports beat" be some kind of doghouse for investigative reporters or something. There's a full time department with it's own payroll and management and shit dedicated to the sports pages in essentially any paper. Why is the editor telling an investigative reporter to go do sports scores? Or: Why is hasn't the editor fired that sports writer for not showing up to work, not doing his assignments, and insubordination?

>Why would you assume Superman was aware of the Kryptonite?
Would mean the dudes not a very good superhero. Not to mention: he has x-ray vision, he could have seen it in the truck that Batman was attacking. And if he was only there to fuck with Batman and threaten him or whatever, why in the fuck wouldn't he maybe check out why exactly Batman was attacking this armed caravan? He knows Batman attacks criminals.
>>
>>67920614
>why in the fuck wouldn't he maybe check out why exactly Batman was attacking this armed caravan?

Yes, that part was particularly ridiculous. I understand these movies are featuring a younger and inexperienced Superman, but come on.
>>
>>67920700
And what makes it even worse is that the entire sequence doesn't matter and Superman stopping Batman meant absolutely nothing. The scene didn't progress the plot forward at all, and they just had Batman go steal the Kryptonite later off camera. It could have been a significant plot beat having Superman misguidedly stop Batman because he was tired of Batman's methods or whatever and by doing so Luthor gets the Kryptonite and THAT ACTUALLY LEADS TO SOMETHING. But nope. Batman got it 5 minutes later and nothing they did meant anything.

You could literally cut from after the part where he's standing on the tower and shoots the truck with a tracking dart, cut the entire chase sequence and supe confrontation out, and cut to the shot of the truck with the tracking dart arriving at Luthor's base, and be in the exact same place narratively.
>>
>>67920614
>he has x-ray vision
Does he, in Snyder's version? I don't recall ever seeing it. I might be wrong on that count, just don't recall it ever being addressed. Same goes with freeze breath and super breath.
>>
>>67920335

Honestly if I knew who Superman was. I wouldn't care who he really is.
>>
>>67921129
Yea, it's shown in a flashback in MoS when he is a kid in school.

Also uses to see Lane is bleeding internally after she gets whipped by a drone.
>>
>>67913737
But he already said your family thought be brave lol mine just died then why surprise when he has mother
>>
>>67919329

I heard a faint thunder(sonic boom) right before KGBeast looked up and started shooting other people. I'm sure you heard it too.
>>
>>67921381
Okay, fair call. I haven't seen MoS since theatres.
>>
>>67919274
>spear
She saw what it could do to a Kryptonian, and then she threw it in the water. And she would have had no idea if Doomsday was Kryptonian or if the spear was the only thing that could kill it. This is a lot of desperate logical bargaining to excuse "a scene got cut."

And kinda weird when you feel the need to try and get copypasta the talking points so all the DC defenders can tow the line. It's not a great sign when people need to resort to political messaging strategies to be able to support a movie.
>>
>>67921806
4chan is intrinsically schizophrenic and psychopathic
>>
>>67914473

it means you're retarded and can't handle any ambiguity.

so you come on here and beg random people to spoon feed your dumb ass.
>>
1 to keep the kryptonite as far from supes as possible?
2 he's a tech mogul they infiltrate everyone's privacy
3 leaving after her cover was blown/maybe to warn metahumans that they'd been investigated already
4 because she thought him a bumbling drunk guest
5 people go into shock
6 they think his haphazard rescue caused multiple collateral casualties, and lexcorp knew he couldn't properly explain his reason for saving lois or even being there (see 8)
7 because he fucks off to nowhere all the time
8 BECAUSE HE ALREADY GODDAMN KNEW WHO THEY WERE. DO YOU THINK HE'D RESEARCH AQUAMAN BEFORE RESEARCHING SUPES OR BATMAN? HE HAD FILES ON THEM BOTH.
9 after MoS he probably figured it had something to do with supes (she'd met him officially several times)
10 supes arrived to see the bat vigilante chasing down a half destroyed truck. it was in a lead-lined box
11 it was important, supes asks batman to desist before finally confronting him in the dark knight returns. because the longer he waits the less likely it is for the kryptonite to still even be there. what if they switch trucks? what if it leaves the country again?
12 he didn't plan on batman killing superman, his original plan was for supes to kills bats and use his weird newfound kryptonian knowledge to kill supes, or simply manipulate him to do his will with the abduction of his mother. once bats stole the kryptonite he figured it would be a much closer call though. lex was already communing with apokolips and had darker plans for earth from the scene with zod's ship onwards
13 it would contaminate the pure bloodline of zod and create a cross-species freak
14 I could make those in twenty seconds
15 THAT WAS BATMAN REALIZING SUPERMAN HAD A HUMAN UPBRINGING
16 bruce wayne's childhood trauma is common knowledge, he would never let it happen to anyone else ever again
17 this is batman after decades of fighting crime. his moral stringency is already cracking and giving way to a hard pragmatism, the last robin is the joker
>>
>>67922240
Clearly under 18.
>>
>>67921806

>She saw what it could do to a Kryptonian, and then she threw it in the water. And she would have had no idea if Doomsday was Kryptonian or if the spear was the only thing that could kill it. This is a lot of desperate logical bargaining to excuse "a scene got cut."

Anything with superpowers is treated as kryptonian. Batman thought that WW was with Superman, ergo, kryptonian.
>>
PERRY KNOWS THAT CLARK = SUPERMAN.

Just wanted to answer that one.
>>
>>67922615
Is Lawrence out of money or why did he agree to this?
>>
>>67922762

His daughter is doing porno, so you know, man.
>>
>>67922771
>His daughter is doing porno
Anything good? No, probably not.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.