[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Magicians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1459319526789.jpg (512 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1459319526789.jpg
512 KB, 2048x1536
>Alice got pajeeted
>Quentin doesn't even protest getting cucked

F U C K I N G

D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>67887315
He did but then he swallowed the emotion potion.
>>
>>67887503
The entire issue was handled like it never happened. It should have been a huge deal. It made Alice look like the worst bitch ever, and I never hated her character more. I really hope she and Penny will get killed.

Oh, and the time-travel bullshit was terrible as hell. This show keeps introducing new types of magic to serve as plot devices, and then they never use them again even though they can solve a lot of stuff. Am I supposed to believe that the dean knew what was going on all that time because he already lived it, and did nothing? the producers must really think the audience is retarded.
>>
>>67887685
>the time-travel bullshit was terrible as hell
Wait, so there's time travelling in this show, yet that guy isn't going to use it to uncuck himself?
>>
>>67887734
Yep. Also, apparently two students can do it after an hour of research, but the college's principle can't.
>>
Just post any new Alice rack
>>
>>67887685
>The entire issue was handled like it never happened.

They had time constraints so I'm giving leniency to this whole thing. Plus, Eliot is already doing the depressed schtick and to have two characters doing that would be too much.

>Am I supposed to believe that the dean knew what was going on all that time because he already lived it, and did nothing?

I think seeing everyone he knows being violently murdered by The Beast over and over again took a toll on him and now that Jane's dead and there's no one to reset the clock, he's resigned to death.
>>
>>67887833
We didn't even get an on-screen cucking scene so no new Alice boob shots, which basically means she contributes nothing to this episode.

>>67887842
Still, Quentin barely showed any emotion about it. I was like a footnote.

Also, if Quentin and Julia who are fucking noobs can learn to time-travel in an hour, the dean can as well. No, nothing in his behaviour so far gave any hint that he knew what was going on - at first he acted like they were just normal students. This shit wasn't planned by the writers.

And the library that has spoilery books about everyone's lives if fucking balognium as well, like this entire show.
>>
>>67887991
>This shit wasn't planned by the writers.
You do realize that this shitfest is based on a book series?
>>
>>67887991

Alternate universes and books of people's lives were both in books. Goff is a tool so th err tee trying to give him something to do. Julia and . Quentin are probably most two of most plot armored and characters that must suffer in the books. They both become God's. Literal God's. So honestly them doing shit others can't do will be a staple in the series. All other characters end up turning to them as well.
>>
>>67888109
Okay that second sentence was trying to say Dean fogg is a tool and this is an attempt to give him a character arc.
>>
>>67887991
I think the dean said that for some reason he can't do time magic or something. Plus Julia isn't exactly a noob, she got goddess-fucked which probably gave her something special. She was taking the lead on the time-travel thing because she did it with her group. Then again, I'm really not hung up on the Dean Fogg thing as much as you are. All I remember is a vague mentioning that he can't do time magic or something and that rehab bearded preacher also saying that Brakebills teaches only a certain type of magic when there's many ways of doing magic. So Dean Fogg maybe be extremely limited by his Brakebills magical upbringing or he tried to learn time magic but couldn't really get it for some reason.
>>
>>67888137
You Quentin'd yourself again, eh mobile poster?
>>
>>67888072
IIRC in the book the principle didn't know about the time-travel, and Jane only switched time to defeat The Beast, Quentin and his pals weren't part of it before.

>>67888109
If this library exists why don't all travelers just go there and read everything about people's lives so they have secret knowledge about them and the future?

And why weren't the neitherlands thugs guarding the fountain that leads to Fillory if they knew Quentin and his pals were trying to get there?
>>
>>67888160
>Plus Julia isn't exactly a noob

She's only been learning about magic about an year and with little resources. Someone who studied magic for decades like the dean must have more skills than her, no matter how some goddess diddled her.

Also, Julia's subplot sucks. Literally filler.
>>
>>67888240
Okay then. I'm just assuming based on what I have seen on the show that the Dean was hampered by his Brakebills education and what I know of the university system in general. But if this is your line in the sand, then by all means stop watching.
>>
>>67887315
>that mound

Hngg
>>
>>67888179

Not by choice my laptop just got brick'd so tablet shit is all I got till find out if motherboard is fried then I got to get another.

>>67888181
Librarian said most people do not like what they read so it was sort of ambiguous if it was allowed to read the book or. It but she seemed to be using it as an example to deter curry boy. Those thugs . Don't exist In books. Plot device to make neitherlands dangerous since they do not have budget to make a world of fountains like crazy stairs painting. Getting lost and dying or stranded from your way back home was real danger and they do not have time to establish to do that either.
>>
>>67888343

The Dean got mutilated and it fucked with his ability to do magic. They also ban use of certain magics. Belleville is better than hedge witch. The difference is being different gives their magic a raw edge like Julia.
>>
>>67888433
Brakebills.
>>
File: alice.jpg (227 KB, 1470x2205) Image search: [Google]
alice.jpg
227 KB, 1470x2205
>>67887315
I was always ass guy and still I am, but this fucking show gave me big tits fetish, I doubt I could live with woman that has small tits now, she would feel so insignificant

Eliot is the best character here.

Look at pic, alice in real life looks really bitchy, Sasha Gray style and she looks pretty nice in show.

Actor that plays elliot looks worse so I think she should stick with this haircut and clothes fit style in normal life
>>
File: magic6.png (293 KB, 414x565) Image search: [Google]
magic6.png
293 KB, 414x565
hnnnng
>>
>>67888433
>They also ban use of certain magics.
Which is why I think the Dean didn't get a full education when he was in Brakebills. And I doubt that during his tenure as dean he would have learned it due to university politics. But that's just me.
>>
>>67888370
Good luck, Tablet poster.
>>
>>67888546
Her mammaries are really the only reason anyone gives a shit about her. She's a fucking terrible actress and character.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.