[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>stereotypes evengelical Christians as being Jew-hating, racist,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
>stereotypes evengelical Christians as being Jew-hating, racist, homophobes
>doesn't realize that the Jew-haters are black, and that the homophobes are anti-racist and pro-Israel
>wants the audience to revel in the murder of people for having bad opinions
>shot in the most obnoxiously frantic manner possible
Is this the most fedora-tipping, psychotic scene in movie history?
>>
If you can put politics aside it's a good movie. Plus it has a pug.
>>
>implying there aren't really extremely vitriolic churches in america
>actually implying there are no white anti-semites
>implying it wasn't meant to be a fucked up scene because he was getting mind controlled

christfags butthurt as always
>>
>>67884183
Even the most vitriolic churches aren't that ridiculously over-the-top, which is fine since it's just a movie. But, like I said, different groups exhibit different forms of bigotry. Antisemitism isn't really a part of modern evangelical Christianity, nor is racism. Even the Westboro Baptist Church started off as a pro-civil rights group defending black people. It's a lazy stereotype, and the scene obviously wants the audience to revel in the murder of these people.

>christfags butthurt as always
I'm an atheist.
>>
File: Channing.jpg (89 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Channing.jpg
89 KB, 620x400
>>67884345
I revel in the murders of ALL religious people! I'm literally masturbating while thinking about their deaths!
>>
>>67884125
Are you retarded? He never wanted to kill them at all. Well, my deep down internally, but even by his standards, it would've been wrong. He slaughtered them because Gay Sam Jackson used that mind control mcguffin.
>>
>>67884125
They were a parody of the Westboro Baptist Church rather than evangelicals. Stop being so sensitive you little girl.
>>
>>67884663
>having a narrative justification for the murders doesn't mean that the representation isn't wrong, and that the film itself doesn't revel in those murders
>>
>>67884910
Did you notice that everyone was killing eachother and not just muh evil athiest brit?

Is there a christian place on tumblr you can go to vent?
>>
>>67884125

I thought it was funny that he said nigger because the actual WBC guy was a civil rights activist and probably has nothing against black people.
>>
>>67884910
It doesn't, the point of this scene isn't mindless indulgence, it's to demonstrate the capabilities of a fully trained Kingsman and to provide context for Eggsy's actions when he's deployed on a mission in the final act.

The massacre itself is unquestionably abhorrent and the Villain is so disgusted that he can't watch it happening and he becomes physically ill after having to dispatch Galahad himself.
>>
>>67885650
This is so incredibly dishonest. Free Bird is playing; it's obviously an anti-WBC fantasy. If the point was to just demonstrate his capabilities, then they wouldn't have bothered to make the victims so unlikable. Films that portray terrorist attacks usually don't make the victims look like monsters beforehand. And if they do, then there's usually an agenda behind it.
>>
>>67885992
A hate group was chosen deliberately to trial the mind control tech because fringe groups suddenly erupting into a frenzy of violence wouldn't arouse a whole lot of suspicion, some people would even celebrate the fact.

The idea is to make the victims seem incredibly unlikable at first and then immediately make you feel bad for them because the situation is just so cruel and unfair, Galahad essentially becomes a cat toying with his prey and the jovial, upbeat music reinforces this.

You seem to think the tone of this movie is sincere and somewhat tongue in cheek, when in reality it's very, very cynical.
>>
>>67887219
I guess what I'm trying to say is it's presented as celebratory but it's designed and framed in such a way that it's really uncomfortable.
>>
>>67884125
They're British. They can't pick Kentucky on a map but they know it's in the South and "the American South is racist" even though during the Civil War Britain funded the confederacy then pussed out last minute and that the American South has more in common with Britain than the North, but they need something to fap to in between their daily adhans and going to Buckingham Palace for their allotment of the Queen's urine.
>>
>>67887219
Again, you're missing the point. There being a narrative justification for the events doesn't mean the the filmic language of the scene doesn't suggest that the violence is meant to be enjoyed. It's not presented as tragic or disturbing, but as fun.

>and then immediately make you feel bad for them
Then it failed miserably. It was an exuberant scene. People loved it.
>>
>>67884125

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>67884125
Should've been a mosque desu
>>
>>67884125
Yes, it is the worst thing ever. Literally it's the only thing fedoralords talk about ok that flick. Enough so that's its spawned a sequel.
>>
>>67884125
The movie in question also has a flamboyant black villain, while the heroes are fucking white males (and a white women who doesn't really do anything cool). Villain's right hand is a crippled Asian girl. In the end hero gets rewarded with sex, just like good old times.

It's kind of hard for me to see Kingsman as SJW propaganda, sorry.
>>
>>67884183
This was ridiculous. Like a religious version of /pol/ but without the cynical humor. And the leftards wet dream was actually to go full nazi on them. Come on.
>>
>>67888239
You didn't love it, so it worked for you.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.